200 member society can't raise enough money for a round the world flight?

• 107 Replies
?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
Re: 200 member society can't raise enough money for a round the world flight?
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2011, 09:28:01 PM »
Come up from where Tom? And shouldn't the sun always be visible from the plane?

The sun appears with its area of light passes over.

No, the sun would not always be visible from the plane.

Tom the issue is that you should be able to see the sun from anywhere on earth as it is always larger 1 arch minute, and in a plane there is no thick atmosphere to disturb the light, so you should always be able to see the sun.

The sun doesn't disappear to perspective like the sinking ship. Please consult Earth Not a Globe on the matter.

but what your saying happens isnt what we see happening. if the sun was slowly fading out then why is it sinking like a ship!? your sun theory stinks and isnt what we even see. this hold true on the ground and your theory is worse still on a plane

Moon squirter

• Ding dong!
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2011, 11:24:49 PM »
The sun doesn't disappear to perspective like the sinking ship. Please consult Earth Not a Globe on the matter.

Perspective has been shot down.

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=51476.0

- It hasn't.

- I said that the sun did not disappear to perspective in the text your quoted.

LOL. The last time I checked the sun set in a few minutes, it did not fade away into a fog.
I haven't performed it and I've never claimed to. I've have trouble being in two places at the same time.

?

Part of the Problem

• The Liberal
« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2011, 04:12:26 AM »

At least we're on the same page, then.  The sun does not disappear due to perspective.
By eliminating all present contradicting possibilities you would arrive at the present truth. It's impossible to arrive at a future truth.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2011, 05:28:56 AM »

At least we're on the same page, then.  The sun does not disappear due to perspective.

The sun does not appear to get smaller due to perspective either, even from an airplane.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2011, 06:15:41 AM »
Repeat, I looked through two of the best Solar Telescopes made at Dragoncon and the sun is not a spotlight.

The FAQ needs updating to reflect the falsehood of the FAQ.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2011, 07:48:27 PM »
Repeat, I looked through two of the best Solar Telescopes made at Dragoncon and the sun is not a spotlight.
It is impossible to discern that from two telescopes at dragoncon.  No matter how many times you repeat it.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2011, 07:09:25 AM »
It is impossible to discern that from two telescopes at dragoncon.  No matter how many times you repeat it.

yes, you can. Next.

« Reply #67 on: December 09, 2011, 07:21:47 AM »

What have you seen?
“The Earth looks flat, therefore it is” FEers wisdom.

« Reply #68 on: December 09, 2011, 07:25:04 AM »
any amateur astronomer can tell the sun is at least a semi-sphere, and shines light in all directions. there is nothing about the sun that can be confused with a spotlight.
There is also no way such a small light source could illuminate 1/2 the world unless it shone in all directions.
please delete it from the FAQ

« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2011, 07:54:42 AM »
any amateur astronomer can tell the sun is at least a semi-sphere, and shines light in all directions. there is nothing about the sun that can be confused with a spotlight.
There is also no way such a small light source could illuminate 1/2 the world unless it shone in all directions.
please delete it from the FAQ

the faq and the wiki should both be deleted. Period. They are a joke.

PizzaPlanet

• Now available in stereo
« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2011, 09:08:59 AM »
Period.
You seem to like this word. I've only just replied to another one of your posts that contained it.

You and your arguements are just stupid, period.
Am I to understand that when you say "period", you mean "but I'm not going to back it up", or do you actually mean the period of menstruation?
Or perhaps it's a full stop you're so erroneously referring to?
hacking your precious forum as we speak 8) 8) 8)

« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2011, 09:37:56 AM »
Period.
You seem to like this word. I've only just replied to another one of your posts that contained it.

You and your arguements are just stupid, period.
Am I to understand that when you say "period", you mean "but I'm not going to back it up", or do you actually mean the period of menstruation?
Or perhaps it's a full stop you're so erroneously referring to?

Thanks for jumping in and adding nothing to the conversation as usual.

Period.

PizzaPlanet

• Now available in stereo
« Reply #72 on: December 09, 2011, 09:42:49 AM »
Ah, but I have added a whole lot. You just chose to ignore it.
Your claims are entirely unsubstantiated.
hacking your precious forum as we speak 8) 8) 8)

« Reply #73 on: December 09, 2011, 10:52:52 AM »
Ah, but I have added a whole lot. You just chose to ignore it.
Your claims are entirely unsubstantiated.

The whole flat earth society is unsubstantiated so welcome to that club.

El Cid

• ...And the truth shall set you free.
« Reply #74 on: December 09, 2011, 03:25:18 PM »
Period.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2011, 03:26:59 PM »
Period.

Please refrain from making low-content posts.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #76 on: December 09, 2011, 03:56:22 PM »
Period.

and pizzaplanet didnt make a low content post? no offence to PP. just i think if mods are going to say to one person they should say it to others. surely just because a post has more than a few words doesnt mean it not low content. just like my post.
ill take the warning now, no need to say it

« Reply #77 on: December 12, 2011, 08:28:03 AM »
Period.

Why are you going to close yet another thread asking questions that FET can't answer? Just like the other one about how this site is a scam?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #78 on: December 12, 2011, 09:04:57 AM »
Period.

Why are you going to close yet another thread asking questions that FET can't answer? Just like the other one about how this site is a scam?

If there is no meaningful discussion going on, then why shouldn't the thread be closed?

« Reply #79 on: December 12, 2011, 09:07:14 AM »
Period.

If there is no meaningful discussion going on, then why shouldn't the thread be closed?
If you'd like my answer, I respectfully request that you open a thread on the topic in S&C and leave this thread to its topic. Thanks.
Keep it serious, Thork. You can troll, but don't be so open. We have standards

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #80 on: December 12, 2011, 09:09:10 AM »
Period.

If you'd like my answer, I respectfully request that you open a thread on the topic in S&C and leave this thread to its topic. Thanks.

In other words, you can't think of a reason either.  Thanks for clearing that up.

« Reply #81 on: December 12, 2011, 12:23:59 PM »
In other words, you can't think of a reason either.  Thanks for clearing that up.
Please allow me one last off-topic post to redirect you to my answer to your question.

I took the liberty of opening a thread in S&C for you. I hope you'll be more eager to foster this debate there (http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=52143.0) rather than here.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #82 on: December 12, 2011, 02:32:00 PM »
Period.

What thread are you referring to?  ???

« Reply #83 on: December 12, 2011, 02:38:45 PM »
Period.

The search feature is your friend. Number 12 on a search for 'site scam' is: http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=51959.msg1274326#msg1274326.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #84 on: December 12, 2011, 02:41:27 PM »
Period.

The search feature is your friend. Number 12 on a search for 'site scam' is: http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=51959.msg1274326#msg1274326.

Thanks, but that doesn't answer my question, seeing as I never closed that thread.  Want to try again?

« Reply #85 on: December 12, 2011, 02:53:13 PM »
Thanks, but that doesn't answer my question, seeing as I never closed that thread.  Want to try again?
I see your problem. You assumed that 'you' was the singular 'you' and referred to you, Roundy. 'you' can be used, and this is how I assumed it was used, as a plural pronoun, and in this case, refer to all moderators.

Oh, and if you want me to help keep track of who closed what thread, you'll need to log such closings for me. Thanks.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #86 on: December 12, 2011, 02:55:59 PM »
I see your problem. You assumed that 'you' was the singular 'you' and referred to you, Roundy. 'you' can be used, and this is how I assumed it was used, as a plural pronoun, and in this case, refer to all moderators.

Oh, and if you want me to help keep track of who closed what thread, you'll need to log such closings for me. Thanks.

So why specifically address me if I haven't personally done anything wrong?  It seems rather silly, especially considering it was in response to a warning that was very obviously deserved.

Here's an idea: instead of butting into places where you clearly don't know what you're talking about, let the person who was addressed answer the question?  I know that's probably an odd concept for you but you might end up looking like less of a jackass if you were to put such a strategy into practice.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #87 on: December 12, 2011, 02:56:54 PM »
Actually don't even answer that.  Start a thread in S&C if you want to continue this, it's only derailing the thread.

zarg

• Saudi Arabian inventor of Dr. Pepper
« Reply #88 on: December 12, 2011, 02:57:33 PM »
If I were a FE'er, I wouldn't waste so much time prattling on about how one specific flight or another wouldn't offer evidence that Antarctica is a continent because its flight path involves figure-eights or whatever; I would say, "even if it allegedly crossed from one coast to the opposite coast, here is what actually happens..." because obviously such flights have occurred and do occur, even if this particular commercial flight happens to provide a convenient "inconclusive" aspect for you to focus on. Or do you actually believe that no one has ever so much as claimed to have crossed Antarctica? Ski? Tausami? Tom?

And it's not just planes, of course. Ships circumnavigate Antarctica itself, as discussed in this thread. The pitiful answer offered by Tom Bishop there was that all navigation equipment was faulty or ignored, and that the ship simply followed the ice wall a distance equal to the "alleged" circumference of Antarctica, then went back north.

There are several problems with this claim. Try to picture this on your map. The ship disembarks from Australia and heads south to the ice wall. No matter how far along the ice wall the ship travels, heading back north (that is, in the direction of the north pole, the center of your map) will not take them back to the same point in Australia. The only way the ship would return to the same point is if the ship disembarked from the north pole itself. Even then, any landmarks visible during the north-to-south trip would inexplicably appear to have moved a significant distance to the east or west during the south-to-north return trip.

Come to think of it, this is a way you can prove your ice wall theory. If a ship "circles" Antarctica enough times (in actuality (according to FET), follows the ice wall), so that the total travel distance equals half of the inner circumference of the ice wall, then heading back north will take the ship to the shores of South America, rather than back to Australia as the ignorant RE helmsman would expect. Correct?
Quote from: Cat Earth Theory
[Lord Wilmore's writings] are written the way a high schooler thinks an educated person should sound like.  The pathetic pseudo-academic writing can't hide the lack of any real substance.

« Reply #89 on: December 12, 2011, 03:03:22 PM »
the "ice wall" is a metaphor.
it is not an actual wall.

and if it did really exist, it would be further south than Antarctica.