Is my job fake?

• 94 Replies

Rushy

Is my job fake?
« on: November 30, 2011, 08:19:49 AM »
To avoid a long and boring explanation of what it is that I do, read this nice government website summary.

http://www.airforce.com/careers/detail/space-systems-operations/

Straight to the point, do I just play a really complex computer game all day and get paid to do it? Is my officer in charge in on it or is he being lied to also?

Re: Is my job fake?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 08:28:40 AM »
Another guy to add to the conspiration!
“The Earth looks flat, therefore it is” FEers wisdom.

?

Sean

• Official Member
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 08:30:42 AM »
Conspiration! Also, have you been to space?
Quote from: sokarul
Better bring a better augment, something not so stupid.

Rushy

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 08:43:12 AM »
Conspiration! Also, have you been to space?

No, we don't do that . We wear flight suits though. Do I get to join the cool club now?

Also, do you have any anonymous voice changer men talking about how they worked on top secret earth projects? I know the UFO conspiracists have lots of those. You guys need some or the discovery channel will never take you seriously.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 08:45:42 AM by Irushwithscvs »

?

Sean

• Official Member
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 08:45:01 AM »
So you don't go to space? Okay cool. Your job probably isn't "fake" then.
Quote from: sokarul
Better bring a better augment, something not so stupid.

Rushy

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 08:49:01 AM »

I operate satellites though. Don't you like, I don't know, not think those are real? They're designed to last about seven and a half years, do they just hover up there for that long?

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 09:28:48 AM »

No one has gone to space?
The FAQ needs updating to reflect the falsehood of the FAQ.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 10:11:30 AM »
Those systems may be tracking something, but it's not in orbit around a globe earth.

Rushy

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 10:12:10 AM »
Those systems may be tracking something, but it's not in orbit around a globe earth.

The first straight answer I've gotten all day. I like you.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2011, 10:12:58 AM »
Tom is correct.

Satellites are up there, and appear to "move" but are not orbiting around a globe.

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2011, 10:31:44 AM »
There is absolutely no evidence that orbit is impossible. Shouldn't the zetetic approach be to see that there are objects in orbit, and thus conclude that orbit is possible?
You, sir, can't comprehend the idea of bottoms.

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2011, 11:08:11 AM »
satellites do exist, and they do move. they are caught in the wake of the UA and circle around the giant disc the same way the moon and stars do.

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2011, 11:39:27 AM »
Tom is correct.

Satellites are up there, and appear to "move" but are not orbiting around a globe.

Let's assume Tom Bishop is wrong because he doesn't back his claims.
“The Earth looks flat, therefore it is” FEers wisdom.

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2011, 12:01:07 PM »
satellites do exist, and they do move. they are caught in the wake of the UA and circle around the giant disc the same way the moon and stars do.

Prove it. You're stating this as fact. Prove it.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2011, 12:04:36 PM »
You can't prove anything outside of math.

Moon squirter

• Ding dong!
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2011, 12:54:23 PM »
Tom is correct.

Let's assume Tom Bishop is wrong because he doesn't back his claims.

But we're all agreed that these objects are orbiting around our "world" (round or flat), right?
I haven't performed it and I've never claimed to. I've have trouble being in two places at the same time.

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2011, 12:56:57 PM »

Math relies on axioms which are assumed to be true.

They may not me.

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
  • King of charred bones and cooked meat
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2011, 01:02:49 PM »
To avoid a long and boring explanation of what it is that I do, read this nice government website summary.

http://www.airforce.com/careers/detail/space-systems-operations/

Straight to the point, do I just play a really complex computer game all day and get paid to do it? Is my officer in charge in on it or is he being lied to also?

Sure you are, just like 40% of the people who turn up here.  We've also had rocket scientists, presidents and three different Neil Armstrongs here, if you'd like to know. What does your training consist of, by the way? (no Googling)
No but I'm guess your what? 90? Cause you just so darn mature </sarcasm>

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2011, 01:03:27 PM »

They may not me.

Fame, fortune and loose women would be yours if you could prove that those axioms aren't true.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Rushy

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2011, 01:20:58 PM »
Sure you are, just like 40% of the people who turn up here.  We've also had rocket scientists, presidents and three different Neil Armstrongs here, if you'd like to know. What does your training consist of, by the way? (no Googling)

Well the first few weeks were rather boring basic information. For example, the way air force tech school works is if you're a crew chief, they teach you what each tool looks like and what it is, when basically everyone already knows them. You do learn bits and pieces you didn't know, which is why they do it. The rest of the training I can't discuss.

I'm no rocket scientist, I'm not the president, and I've never been to space. I am an Airman 1st Class in the air force.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2011, 01:27:55 PM »
As others have said, your job is real, just... exaggerated in some ways.

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2011, 01:32:47 PM »
As others have said, your job is real, just... exaggerated in some ways.

Yeah because you know more about his own job than he does. That is both hilarious and pathetic at the same time.

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2011, 01:37:10 PM »

Well the first few weeks were rather boring basic information. For example, the way air force tech school works is if you're a crew chief, they teach you what each tool looks like and what it is, when basically everyone already knows them. You do learn bits and pieces you didn't know, which is why they do it. The rest of the training I can't discuss.

I'm no rocket scientist, I'm not the president, and I've never been to space. I am an Airman 1st Class in the air force.

So you're not a crew chief?

Rushy

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2011, 01:38:45 PM »
No two FE'ers seem to be able to agree on any one subject of the FET, you never see anyone arguing what does and doesn't exist in RET. Need to close in on a unified theory and then publish it, rather than saying the earth is flat and desperately searching for evidence, even to go as far as to say round earth photos are all photoshopped.

I do have Adobe Photoshop: Government Conspiracy Edition on my computer though, suspicious? Nah.

Why would I be a crew chief? They're maintenance, not even in the same group as them. I used them as an example because everyone can relate to having to bear being told what a phillips head screwdriver looks like. Not the same as being explained how command prompt FTP connections work.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 01:40:39 PM by Irushwithscvs »

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2011, 01:43:26 PM »
No two FE'ers seem to be able to agree on any one subject of the FET, you never see anyone arguing what does and doesn't exist in RET. Need to close in on a unified theory and then publish it, rather than saying the earth is flat and desperately searching for evidence, even to go as far as to say round earth photos are all photoshopped.

I do have Adobe Photoshop: Government Conspiracy Edition on my computer though, suspicious? Nah.

Why would I be a crew chief? They're maintenance, not even in the same group as them. I used them as an example because everyone can relate to having to bear being told what a phillips head screwdriver looks like. Not the same as being explained how command prompt FTP connections work.

FET can't even get more than 200 members in their "society", how would they agree on anything.

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2011, 01:44:27 PM »

I asked you about your training.

Rushy

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2011, 01:54:42 PM »

I already explained it to you, the first few weeks we learned basics, such as arithmetic, the order of operations, and microsoft office applications. I can't discuss what we learned thereafter.

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2011, 01:56:46 PM »

I already explained it to you, the first few weeks we learned basics, such as arithmetic, the order of operations, and microsoft office applications. I can't discuss what we learned thereafter.

What? Jesus Christ, no wonder your drone attacks keep hitting civvies if that's the level the Air Force is working at.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2011, 02:01:06 PM »

They may not me.
They are true because they are said to be true.  The issue is when you start confusing "math" for "physics".  Its of no relevance if an axiom holds in "the real world" except for the usefulness of said axiom as an engineering or science tool.

Rushy

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2011, 02:03:16 PM »
What? Jesus Christ, no wonder your drone attacks keep hitting civvies if that's the level the Air Force is working at.

When I said basic, I meant it. It does, however, go up in difficulty at a inhuman rate, its like going from kindergarten to freshman college level in about a week on any given subject. I say freshman college because all air force tech schools give you college credit hours.

Also, drones are flown by officers. I can't comment on what an officer's tech school is like.