So? Is every planet flat?

• 55 Replies
?

Archibald

• mans reach exceeds his grasp
Re: So? Is every planet flat?
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2011, 04:14:09 PM »
A simple question really, i'd also like an explanation of whether or not stars are flat.

You should start reviewing 'Earth not a globe', the section titled 'analogy in favor of rotundity' for a simple explaination of this common fallacy.  You will also inevitably stumble upon more information to enhance your current understanding and aid you in future inquiries and rebuttles.

You can also review Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings, those are also two fictional works with as much real evidence as flat earth theory.

Incorrect, but given your enrollment here, I do not doubt your interest in these parrticular fantasies.

Please provide one proven bit of evidence which makes Flat Earth Spciety (200 members strong) more  believable than Harry Potter or Lord Of The Rings.

(silence.)

Ok, the earth at least appears flat fromany achievable altitude, yet, I cannot see 'golam' frollicking around speaking incessantly of a 'precious'.

Are you a liar now? Because I've been at altitudes high enough to see it. Astronauts have been high enough to see it. There are proven REAL pictures and videos.

Repeat. FET is no more believeable than Harry Potter or Lord Of The Rings.

Prove it, the closest thing to 'golam' I have have seen is  the african american crack addict that asks me for change every morning.  Meanwhile ther is substantial proof  which suggests the earth is a plane.
For whatever reason you allow Clocktower to derail any thread Archibald posts in.

« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2011, 07:28:40 PM »
A simple question really, i'd also like an explanation of whether or not stars are flat.
In answer to your question, no, stars are not flat.

Here's a quick explaination why.
Sustainable nuclear fusion on that scale only exists as a sphere. The power generated during the fusion process is constantly forcing the star apart, meanwhile the immense mass of the star's gas is constatly crushing back toward's its centre. This is why stars expand as they grow older, as the star fuses matter, there is a certain amount of mass lost in this process which is converted into energy. As the star loses mass, the forces generated by the fusion process allow the star to expand further. For a perspective of how much mass is lost, the fusion reaction within your average thermonuclear warhead is only a few grammes, put that on the scale of a star, and we're talking a lot of mass conversion per second.

In simple terms, the star's own immense gravity forces the fusion process into stability within the star's core, which is impossible to achieve with a flat disc.

« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2011, 06:59:15 AM »

You should start reviewing 'Earth not a globe', the section titled 'analogy in favor of rotundity' for a simple explaination of this common fallacy.  You will also inevitably stumble upon more information to enhance your current understanding and aid you in future inquiries and rebuttles.

You can also review Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings, those are also two fictional works with as much real evidence as flat earth theory.

Incorrect, but given your enrollment here, I do not doubt your interest in these parrticular fantasies.

Please provide one proven bit of evidence which makes Flat Earth Spciety (200 members strong) more  believable than Harry Potter or Lord Of The Rings.

(silence.)

Ok, the earth at least appears flat fromany achievable altitude, yet, I cannot see 'golam' frollicking around speaking incessantly of a 'precious'.

Are you a liar now? Because I've been at altitudes high enough to see it. Astronauts have been high enough to see it. There are proven REAL pictures and videos.

Prove it, the closest thing to 'golam' I have have seen is  the african american crack addict that asks me for change every morning.  Meanwhile ther is substantial proof  which suggests the earth is a plane.

Thank you. You just proved that FET is as believeable as Golem.
The FAQ needs updating to reflect the falsehood of the FAQ.

?

Archibald

« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2011, 09:28:22 AM »

(silence.)

I really do not see how.  Pehaps you might clarify as to how I achieved this  in review of my prior post.
For whatever reason you allow Clocktower to derail any thread Archibald posts in.

« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2011, 10:07:08 AM »

(silence.)

I really do not see how.  Pehaps you might clarify as to how I achieved this  in review of my prior post.

Golem is fiction. I cannot provide any evidence otherwise. FET is fiction. You cannot provide any evidence otherwise.

Case closed as before the arguement started.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2011, 10:16:57 AM »
There is plenty of evidence for a flat earth.  The issue is you've done absolutely no research on the matter at all.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2011, 10:30:04 AM »
There is plenty of evidence for a flat earth.  The issue is you've done absolutely no research on the matter at all.

We fly around the world on a regular basis Mr. "Scientist". LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Rushy

« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2011, 10:32:38 AM »

How do you explain the ability to sail around antartica in a clockwise direction whilst keeping land on your right side? In FET, it should be on your left.

« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2011, 10:38:05 AM »

There is so much more evidence for a RE. Anyway more than a 200 years old book.
“The Earth looks flat, therefore it is” FEers wisdom.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2011, 10:43:41 AM »
Yeah, cause there's only one book on flat earth theory.  And there's no modern literature or groups.  And these forums don't exist. 

The previous posts show how obvious it is that I was correct in saying:

The issue is you've done absolutely no research on the matter at all.

I'm not going to continue to feed your laziness.  If you want to troll me, you are going to have to read for yourself or at least show a passing interest.

Rushy

« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2011, 10:48:26 AM »
Great job completely ignoring a direct question you dolt.

« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2011, 10:54:09 AM »
Yeah, cause there's only one book on flat earth theory.  And there's no modern literature or groups.  And these forums don't exist. 

I'm not going to continue to feed your laziness.  If you want to troll me, you are going to have to read for yourself or at least show a passing interest.

There is another book about FET? A recent one?
“The Earth looks flat, therefore it is” FEers wisdom.

?

Archibald

« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2011, 11:14:57 AM »

This is not nearly a sufficient refutation.  We fly around a FE, just as race cars go around a circular or oval racetrack.

« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2011, 11:17:48 AM »
Great job completely ignoring a direct question you dolt.
Ignoring direct questions is a hobby of 99% of FE believers, at least on these forums anyway.

?

Archibald

« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2011, 11:21:17 AM »

How do you explain the ability to sail around antartica in a clockwise direction whilst keeping land on your right side? In FET, it should be on your left.

Perhaps you might present this question in the Antartica thread.  Or start a duplicate as noobs so love  to do. 

« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2011, 12:08:05 PM »

This is not nearly a sufficient refutation.  We fly around a FE, just as race cars go around a circular or oval racetrack.

Prove it. (Crickets as always.)

« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2011, 12:11:36 PM »

You're not going to get anything out of archibald, he's either an ACTUAL penguin, a hardcore troll, or an escaped mental patient. 

« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2011, 12:13:22 PM »

He's a confirmed liar, like most of the FE "supporters" here. They're all just here to argue a theory they don't even believe in.

You're not going to get anything out of archibald, he's either an ACTUAL penguin, a hardcore troll, or an escaped mental patient.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2011, 01:28:00 PM »

Reported.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

?

Archibald

« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2011, 01:35:26 PM »

Reported.

Thank you Hoppy, friend of.....has it been 4 years already?  No matter, these malcontents have little  regard for themselves, let alone others.  It is our duty to aspire beyond their fraudulent ways, and smile with pride in the face of unabashed disparagement.  On a side note, my son just returned froma roots manuva concert in the netherlands and he sends his regards.  He's not too pleased im no longer using his senior  picture as an avatar though.

Rushy

« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2011, 01:38:38 PM »
He's not too pleased im no longer using his senior  picture as an avatar though.

Its good to know you learned that posting a picture of yourself was a bad move. However, the fact you're in such denial about it is depressing to say the least.

« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2011, 02:24:26 PM »

Reported.
*GASP*

« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2011, 02:56:13 PM »

He's a confirmed liar, like most of the FE "supporters" here. They're all just here to argue a theory they don't even believe in.

Respected
You, sir, can't comprehend the idea of bottoms.

?

Archibald

« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2011, 03:04:15 PM »

Respected

Yes we all know you have respect for childish antics.  You have displayed this tendency frequently throughout your short stay here thus far.  I will entertain your attempts to elicit a response from me as we know this to be your desire.  How obsequious you are to the entrenched mindset of so many self percieved victims.  Ohhh the suffering, ohh the pain.  What sacrifice we extend  ourselves as we are oh so ever enthralled by the endeavors of human spirit.  My child, what is it you see inyourself which repulses you so?

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2011, 03:33:49 PM »

There is another book about FET? A recent one?
There are plenty of books about FET.  Some more recent than others.  You'd probably be better off searching these forums for more modern stuff, I imagine most of it is hard to find online.

« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2011, 03:59:01 PM »

Respected

Yes we all know you have respect for childish antics.  You have displayed this tendency frequently throughout your short stay here thus far.  I will entertain your attempts to elicit a response from me as we know this to be your desire.  How obsequious you are to the entrenched mindset of so many self percieved victims.  Ohhh the suffering, ohh the pain.  What sacrifice we extend  ourselves as we are oh so ever enthralled by the endeavors of human spirit.  My child, what is it you see inyourself which repulses you so?

Silly Archie, I love all of god's creatures, present company included.  ::)
You, sir, can't comprehend the idea of bottoms.