So? Is every planet flat?

• 55 Replies
So? Is every planet flat?
« on: November 30, 2011, 07:46:56 AM »
A simple question really, i'd also like an explanation of whether or not stars are flat. 

?

Archibald

• mans reach exceeds his grasp
Re: So? Is every planet flat?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 07:56:06 AM »
A simple question really, i'd also like an explanation of whether or not stars are flat.

You should start reviewing 'Earth not a globe', the section titled 'analogy in favor of rotundity' for a simple explaination of this common fallacy.  You will also inevitably stumble upon more information to enhance your current understanding and aid you in future inquiries and rebuttles.
For whatever reason you allow Clocktower to derail any thread Archibald posts in.

?

Sean

• Official Member
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 07:58:01 AM »
Ah, Archibald. My good friend for a long time.  You are right, Brother. An excellent response to his inquiries.
Quote from: sokarul
Better bring a better augment, something not so stupid.

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 08:11:09 AM »
Ah, Archibald. My good friend for a long time.  You are right, Brother. An excellent response to his inquiries.
Yes, indeed......

?

Archibald

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 08:14:30 AM »

Thank you good friend of what seems an eternity.  I do try my best without driving away impatient noobs.   I had just explained this in a neighboring thread.
For whatever reason you allow Clocktower to derail any thread Archibald posts in.

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 08:35:23 AM »

Thank you good friend of what seems an eternity.  I do try my best without driving away impatient noobs.   I had just explained this in a neighboring thread.
Ok sir, thank you for the nice response, sorry for being a noob.  Obviously you can't actually provide evidence or facts, i do feel sorry for you.  After reading a few of your posts, it seems you have a habit of being a noob yourself. 

?

Sean

• Official Member
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 08:39:51 AM »
My brother and good friend, pay no attention to the angry noob.

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 08:41:37 AM »
Angry? I don't see any anger in my posts, stop trying to deviate from the subject of this topic please.  Thanks.

?

Archibald

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 09:02:33 AM »
Brother Sean and long term friend, I regret to inform that if we continue our harmless salutations we may end up on the  suggestions and concerns board at the hands of such malcontents as Saddam Hussien and around and about, (who appear to be lacking comradeship in their personal lives).  As for noob hostility, did you not recently insult Tom F. Bishop?

Rushy

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2011, 09:08:11 AM »
Angry? I don't see any anger in my posts, stop trying to deviate from the subject of this topic please.  Thanks.

Its what they call people that ask direct questions. Like how a politician handles a debate by answering your question by not actually answering it at all.

?

Sean

• Official Member
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2011, 09:17:57 AM »
Brother Sean and long term friend, I regret to inform that if we continue our harmless salutations we may end up on the  suggestions and concerns board at the hands of such malcontents as Saddam Hussien and around and about, (who appear to be lacking comradeship in their personal lives).  As for noob hostility, did you not recently insult Tom F. Bishop?

My friend of many years, we have been through a lot together. We must not dwell on past incidents and mistakes. The noob has been directed to where he can find the information he seeks. This thread is done from what I am concerned, unless he intends to analyze this information and ask questions in regard to it.

?

Archibald

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2011, 09:20:39 AM »

My friend of many years, we have been through a lot together. We must not dwell on past incidents and mistakes. The noob has been directed to where he can find the information he seeks. This thread is done from what I am concerned, unless he intends to analyze this information and ask questions in regard to it.

You are correct good brother.

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2011, 09:26:38 AM »

You should start reviewing 'Earth not a globe', the section titled 'analogy in favor of rotundity' for a simple explaination of this common fallacy.  You will also inevitably stumble upon more information to enhance your current understanding and aid you in future inquiries and rebuttles.

You can also review Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings, those are also two fictional works with as much real evidence as flat earth theory.
The FAQ needs updating to reflect the falsehood of the FAQ.

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2011, 09:33:30 AM »

You are correct good brother.
Yeah i agree, archibald is a penguin.  How weird that we were thinking the same?  Spooky eh?

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2011, 09:35:11 AM »

Its what they call people that ask direct questions. Like how a politician handles a debate by answering your question by not actually answering it at all.
True brother, we have been through much together [Insert comment using intelligent words for effect] I do agree that cake is made with eggs and flour.

?

Archibald

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2011, 09:39:17 AM »

You can also review Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings, those are also two fictional works with as much real evidence as flat earth theory.

Incorrect, but given your enrollment here, I do not doubt your interest in these parrticular fantasies.

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2011, 10:08:56 AM »

Incorrect, but given your enrollment here, I do not doubt your interest in these parrticular fantasies.

Please provide one proven bit of evidence which makes Flat Earth Spciety (200 members strong) more  believable than Harry Potter or Lord Of The Rings.

(silence.)

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2011, 10:12:58 AM »

Please provide one proven bit of evidence which makes Flat Earth Spciety (200 members strong) more  believable than Harry Potter or Lord Of The Rings.

(silence.)
You will be waiting a long time i believe.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2011, 10:13:58 AM »
The stars are not flat.   At least not the ones we know about.  As far as an explanation, I doubt it will differ much from the round earth version.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2011, 10:15:20 AM »
The stars are not flat.   At least not the ones we know about.  As far as an explanation, I doubt it will differ much from the round earth version.
Wow, someone who isn't a rude, arrogant, wanker.  At last, i'm assuming this forum is full of them?

?

Archibald

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2011, 10:15:46 AM »

(silence.)

Ok, the earth at least appears flat fromany achievable altitude, yet, I cannot see 'golam' frollicking around speaking incessantly of a 'precious'.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2011, 10:27:13 AM »
Wow, someone who isn't a rude, arrogant, wanker.  At last, i'm assuming this forum is full of them?
Definitely more so than I would like, unfortunately.  Much of us are civil though.  I'd just ignore the trolls/rude/jerks if I were you.  Or send me a pm if they break a rule and I'll discipline them.

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2011, 10:33:05 AM »

(silence.)

Ok, the earth at least appears flat fromany achievable altitude, yet, I cannot see 'golam' frollicking around speaking incessantly of a 'precious'.

Does Earth orbit count as an achievable altitude? From up there the curvature of the Earth is obvious.
You, sir, can't comprehend the idea of bottoms.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2011, 10:38:11 AM »

(silence.)

Does Earth orbit count as an achievable altitude? From up there the curvature of the Earth is obvious.
Well, not for the average person.  Or even the majority of people in industrialized countries.  One has to travel above commercial airliner heights to see said curvature.  All attempts I've seen with balloons have shown such distortion it could just as easily be evidence towards aether or even a hollow earth.  Penn and Tellers attempt comes to mind on "... Tell a Lie" which if memory serves cost them 1500USD and 3 attempts.

One can also note the lack of widespread magic in culture, the lack of various humanoid sub-species, the lack of a lower earth, etc.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 10:39:45 AM by John Davis »

?

Sean

• Official Member
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2011, 10:48:21 AM »
Lol, other people are rude, and yet Archie was not rude and was called a penguin.

?

Archibald

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2011, 10:52:01 AM »
Lol, other people are rude, and yet Archie was not rude and was called a penguin.

Yes, but we must not let the mindless ramblings of insecure and ignorant malcontents thwart us in our efforts to restore what is rightfully ours by virtue of not logic, or reason....but right.  To rejoice, listen to ''siberian sleng teng'' by 'asian dub foundation' on youtube.

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2011, 11:45:47 AM »

(silence.)

Well, not for the average person.  Or even the majority of people in industrialized countries.  One has to travel above commercial airliner heights to see said curvature.  All attempts I've seen with balloons have shown such distortion it could just as easily be evidence towards aether or even a hollow earth.  Penn and Tellers attempt comes to mind on "... Tell a Lie" which if memory serves cost them 1500USD and 3 attempts.

One can also note the lack of widespread magic in culture, the lack of various humanoid sub-species, the lack of a lower earth, etc.

Distorsion doesn't mean the images are fakes or meaningless. If I showed you a picture of your house take with a fish-eye lense, would you say: "It's not my house? This photo is a fake! My house is rectangular!".
“The Earth looks flat, therefore it is” FEers wisdom.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2011, 12:07:39 PM »
Of course it doesn't make it fake or meaningless.  However, it certainly makes them useless in determining curvature. 

I would definitely say that it is not my house, as it isn't.  But thats an off topic philosophical argument for another time.

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2011, 01:34:57 PM »

(silence.)

Are you a liar now? Because I've been at altitudes high enough to see it. Astronauts have been high enough to see it. There are proven REAL pictures and videos.

Repeat. FET is no more believeable than Harry Potter or Lord Of The Rings.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2011, 02:03:26 PM »
The curvature is predicted within fet.