Neutral and Objective Evidence Supporting Flat Earth

• 103 Replies
Re: Neutral and Objective Evidence Supporting Flat Earth
« Reply #90 on: November 25, 2011, 03:37:55 PM »
 You disregarded my comment about it being from - GASP - space. Also, that curvature of the visible part of the sphere is still in a coherent shape. It is only affecting that within the immediate vicinity of it.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #91 on: November 25, 2011, 03:42:18 PM »
You can't honestly believe... Alright, I'll bite. Can you point out the main points of said conspiracy?

I'll be happy to oblige. What, exactly, do you want?

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #92 on: November 25, 2011, 03:42:50 PM »
You disregarded my comment about it being from - GASP - space. Also, that curvature of the visible part of the sphere is still in a coherent shape. It is only affecting that within the immediate vicinity of it.

Well the curvature is clearly warped. You presented it as an accurate photograph from the Hubble when it is not.

You also mentioned Apollo photographs. It's absurd to believe that the rover would make this particular route.

« Reply #93 on: November 25, 2011, 04:54:08 PM »
No, they won't. They'll write off all of those. "Oh, you got it from that website? That's cute, a typical RE'er would think that's a reliable source." "Well of course that organization would want you to believe in a Round Earth. Of course they'd post a doctored image like that."

They're so adamant to cling to their non-conformity and feel smarter than the mass of sheep around them that when they see evidence like that they'll just write it off as being a part of this massive Conspiracy. Never mind the lack of proof or reasoning as to why and how every single one of those organizations would and could be a part of the Conspiracy; they threaten the non-conformist beliefs of the FE'ers, so clearly they're just lying. The sad thing is that they probably aren't even just using "Lol those are from the Conspiracy you sheep" as a cop-out. They legitimately are so desperate to stick with their belief that they've convinced themselves that all contradictory evidence must be part of a Conspiracy against them. Doing this allows them to write off literally any proof you ever present them with because if it gets to be too tangible of evidence against them, they just assume "Well, part of the Conspiracy. Nyah nyah nyah, now your evidence is refuted. We win." It's actually pretty sad.

Sometimes the reason why everybody believes in an accepted theory is because it's just right. Everybody likes to feel like they know or have access to some great undiscovered truth, like they know more about one given topic than the common man, like they're smarter and therefore more superior. That's why conspiracy theories exist. Because people like to think that they're smarter than the masses, even though sometimes the masses are just plain right.

We don't think we're better than RE'ers. We just think the evidence points towards a flat earth. Also, no personal attacks in the upper fora.*

*not a mod

That doesn't negate the validity of what I'm saying. Your entire argument is based on the fact that any evidence contrary to what you believe is part of a mass conspiracy. Deciding that anything that goes against your viewpoint is false because of a conspiracy, the only proof of which is "We say so because it makes us right", is the opposite of logic.
Y'all be trippin'

?

Anteater7171

• I am the FAQ!!!
« Reply #94 on: November 26, 2011, 01:02:17 AM »

Well the curvature is clearly warped. You presented it as an accurate photograph from the Hubble when it is not.

You also mentioned Apollo photographs. It's absurd to believe that the rover would make this particular route.

http://i56.tinypic.com/2v0ml1y.jpg

The moon landings stories not unlike Swiss cheese have many holes. Above is just one of the numerous, thankfully FE provides a world view that is clearly supported by facts and evidence. You'll notice my photos, unlike the moon landing images have not been digitally or "analogly" altered in any way (outside of the clearly noted limitations of my hardware). This is because there is simply no need, seeing as the universe is in support our view.
I don't remember anything. Well, I do, but it's really vague. Like I was on drugs the whole time.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #95 on: November 26, 2011, 11:13:46 AM »

http://i56.tinypic.com/2v0ml1y.jpg

The moon landings stories not unlike Swiss cheese have many holes. Above is just one of the numerous, thankfully FE provides a world view that is clearly supported by facts and evidence. You'll notice my photos, unlike the moon landing images have not been digitally or "analogly" altered in any way (outside of the clearly noted limitations of my hardware). This is because there is simply no need, seeing as the universe is in support our view.

So you're saying that the rover drove into a crater?  ???

PizzaPlanet

• Now available in stereo
« Reply #96 on: November 26, 2011, 11:47:10 AM »
So you're saying that the rover drove into a crater?  ???
No, he's saying that the pictures of the horizon in the OP are unaltered. You know, the pictures that were discussed before this thread got turned into a space opera.

Also:

NASA:

Star Wars:

Wow, Star Wars is only two engines ahead!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 11:54:35 AM by PizzaPlanet »
hacking your precious forum as we speak 8) 8) 8)

« Reply #97 on: November 26, 2011, 11:56:55 AM »
there's also humans in star wars, does that mean humans are fake too
Y'all be trippin'

PizzaPlanet

« Reply #98 on: November 26, 2011, 12:03:34 PM »
there's also humans in star wars, does that mean humans are fake too
The particular persons in the movies are, indeed, not real. Some of them are played by actors, whilst some are computer-generated.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #99 on: November 26, 2011, 12:12:23 PM »
NASA Space=X:

Star Wars:

Wow, Star Wars is only two engines ahead!

If you're going to mock someone, at least mock the right one.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

PizzaPlanet

« Reply #100 on: November 26, 2011, 01:09:55 PM »
Pictures of NASA's "never seen" technology:
It's newest rocket, made by SpaceX. http://www.spacex.com/falcon9.php
If you're going to mock someone, at least read the thread before you post in it. Otherwise you risk making yourself look silly (again).
Also, you forgot to point out that you've edited my quote, which makes you intellectually dishonest and an immature brat.

EDIT: Not to mention your post adds no content to the thread. You don't like low-content posting. If you find out about your actions, you may be warned or banned by yourself.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 01:11:50 PM by PizzaPlanet »

?

trig

« Reply #101 on: November 26, 2011, 03:57:41 PM »
Now we have two seemingly contradictory pieces of evidence. However, applying Occam’s razor can sometimes yield unexpected results. In this case, it has granted us a fantastic tidbit of insight into the inner-working of our universe; affording us a precious token of understanding from which we can furbish our great FE knowledge tree.
When will we ever see a correct application of Occam's Razor from an FE'er?

It seems those 20 or so words just don't find a place in the mind of an Ant Eater or a Pizza Planet. Only the word "simplest" seems to be simple enough for them to understand. Phrases like "predictive power" or "fewest assumptions" or "theory" are just too complicated, so we are stuck with their version of the Razor:

"Whatever you say with the fewest words, or which sounds simpler to a simpleton, is true"

Is it really so difficult to understand what a theory is, and what the predictive power of a theory is? If so, I can only recommend you to let science to the "sciencey" types and dedicate yourself to gardening.

But don't feel bad. At least you wrote "Occam's Razor" right. That is a (small) start.

You do realize that ad hominem attacks are logical fallacies? I'd much rather be disproven than verbally assaulted.
If you feel assaulted you can show how you correctly applied Occam's Razor and then you will be totally vindicated and I will be completely embarrassed. Please show me what the two competing theories are, and how they have equal predictive power, and I will concede the whole point and accept the charges of using ad-hominem attacks. Otherwise, you felt attacked just because I struck precisely in your faulty logic.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #102 on: November 26, 2011, 05:28:04 PM »
Pictures of NASA's "never seen" technology:
It's newest rocket, made by SpaceX. http://www.spacex.com/falcon9.php
If you're going to mock someone, at least read the thread before you post in it. Otherwise you risk making yourself look silly (again).
Also, you forgot to point out that you've edited my quote, which makes you intellectually dishonest and an immature brat.

EDIT: Not to mention your post adds no content to the thread. You don't like low-content posting. If you find out about your actions, you may be warned or banned by yourself.

Would it have been better if I warned you for irrelevant, off topic and low content posting instead?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

PizzaPlanet

« Reply #103 on: November 26, 2011, 10:38:22 PM »
Would it have been better if I warned you for irrelevant, off topic and low content posting instead?
It would warrant a bump of your favourite S&C thread, and for good reason. I do relish in the fact that you so openly admit to hypocrisy, though.