Spooky stuff

• 56 Replies
“The Earth looks flat, therefore it is” FEers wisdom.

?

Archibald

• mans reach exceeds his grasp
Re: Spooky stuff
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2011, 03:48:34 PM »
For whatever reason you allow Clocktower to derail any thread Archibald posts in.

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2011, 08:35:26 PM »
I don't really know or care what you just said

I dont expect you to know or care.  You, or anybody elses concern is beyond my consideration.  My comments and ideas are not dictated by anyones personal interests.  I will not allow others lack of caring to retard my posting habits.

Hypocrite much. You got mad at me when I made fun of the guy who Neil Armstrong assassinated, and now you spout this.

Time to grow up I do believe.
You, sir, can't comprehend the idea of bottoms.

El Cid

• ...And the truth shall set you free.
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2011, 08:45:08 PM »
advantage?

to remove GOD from this world you retard

that is the main objective

same with evolution
Evolution shows us that man cannot be separated from the universe.  That we are a part of the universe, and we are something that the universe is doing, is making, every moment, physics and chemistry keep us alive, the same as everything else, that we are not just some freak of nature, a terrible accident, or something silly like that.

?

Archibald

« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2011, 08:47:50 PM »

I dont expect you to know or care.  You, or anybody elses concern is beyond my consideration.  My comments and ideas are not dictated by anyones personal interests.  I will not allow others lack of caring to retard my posting habits.

Hypocrite much. You got mad at me when I made fun of the guy who Neil Armstrong assassinated, and now you spout this.

Neil Armstrong did not  assasinate Grissom.  Your poor attempt at humor in that thread did not retard my posting habits, I simply said that if your take the deaths of others as something  to laugh at then you might be better speaking to someone else who's humor  agrees with your own twisted sense.  Now you tell me to grow up, you call me a hypocrite.  Please dear fellow, be careful, once contempt for another takes hold, it may cause one to act in ways they otherwise would not.  This coupled with victim sentiment will also allow for the personal justification of all behaviour, no matter how hienous.
For whatever reason you allow Clocktower to derail any thread Archibald posts in.

« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2011, 08:53:57 PM »

Neil Armstrong did not  assasinate Grissom.  Your poor attempt at humor in that thread did not retard my posting habits, I simply said that if your take the deaths of others as something  to laugh at then you might be better speaking to someone else who's humor  agrees with your own twisted sense.  Now you tell me to grow up, you call me a hypocrite.  Please dear fellow, be careful, once contempt for another takes hold, it may cause one to act in ways they otherwise would not.  This coupled with victim sentiment will also allow for the personal justification of all behaviour, no matter how hienous.

Just as you don't "retard" your posts because of others, I similarly don't "retard" my humor. That's another thing that is unclear to me, what do you mean by "retard" in this context, change? slow down?

Lol I still view you the same way as when we first spoke, there is no contempt, there are bits of humor at your expense I'll admit... and quite frankly I don't care enough about your feelings to change the way I act. But that having been said, I do enjoy our discussions and look forward to nonsense flying everywhere  ;D

?

Archibald

« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2011, 09:09:54 PM »

Just as you don't "retard" your posts because of others, I similarly don't "retard" my humor. That's another thing that is unclear to me, what do you mean by "retard" in this context, change? slow down?

Lol I still view you the same way as when we first spoke, there is no contempt, there are bits of humor at your expense I'll admit... and quite frankly I don't care enough about your feelings to change the way I act. But that having been said, I do enjoy our discussions and look forward to nonsense flying everywhere  ;D

You do exhibit a habit of placing  words in others mouths.  I never said I retard myself so I can rightly understand your expressed confusion.

« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2011, 09:12:13 PM »

I put the evidence in bold.  ;D

?

Archibald

« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2011, 09:30:38 PM »

Thank you but I didnt need the  evidence brought forth to prove you wrong.  I was clearly speaking of others concerns and  interests retarding my posting habits and not myself retarding my posting habits so we can lay yet another one of your semantic  escapades to rest.

« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2011, 09:31:52 PM »

Thank you but I didnt need the  evidence brought forth to prove you wrong.  I was clearly speaking of others concerns and  interests retarding my posting habits and not myself retarding my posting habits so we can lay yet another one of your semantic  escapades to rest.

Retard your posts if you must, I am off to bed.

?

Archibald

« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2011, 09:40:48 PM »

Retard your posts if you must, I am off to bed.

What part of the eastern U.S do you reside?

« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2011, 08:13:41 AM »
Wow! Its amazing how easily everyone is swayed from the topic (ON BOTH SIDES!) just because of a few insults. Ive been trying to read the threads with the most interesting titles just because there are so many but it seems that most of them are packed with people fighting like children. Make me laugh.  ;D

?

Archibald

« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2011, 08:54:30 AM »
Wow! Its amazing how easily everyone is swayed from the topic (ON BOTH SIDES!) just because of a few insults. Ive been trying to read the threads with the most interesting titles just because there are so many but it seems that most of them are packed with people fighting like children. Make me laugh.  ;D

I suppose you have evidence for this outlandish claim?

« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2011, 11:15:47 AM »

With all due respect, the evidence is in the last few pages and name calling is the least of it. What really makes me laugh is that 'snipez' fellow who basically insults people, sticks out his tongue and then runs away with no intention of debating the things he says (& has done the same thing in a few other threads Ive come across). Very childish if you ask me. You seemed to support him too, ripping off that poor fellow who didnt understand the context in which you used the word 'retard'. I understand if you were just having a bit of fun but in the end it seemed like intellectual bullying. This surprised me as all the other posts of yours that I have read seem very polite and well structured. Am I wrong?
The main reason for my comment, however, is that the topic is "Spooky Stuff" and there has been very little discussion about that particular subject matter (even though the original person was talking about the 'spookiness' of his confusion in what to believe). The interesting title was, as I said before, the reason I was initially interested in this thread.

« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2011, 11:32:30 AM »
Oh, and a very similiar thing happens in most of the other threads (deviation from the subject matter I mean) but I guess that the contraversial subject matter of FE theory itself tends to get people all 'hot under the collar' as they say. I just wish people could be civil and actually talk to each other rather than angrily playing intellectual tennis and then losing the ball entirely.  ;D

Oh, and perhaps you can help me, I'm a so-called noob and Im trying to figure out how to keep track of my posts. Is there an easy way of doing this?

?

Archibald

« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2011, 07:01:16 AM »
Oh, and a very similiar thing happens in most of the other threads (deviation from the subject matter I mean) but I guess that the contraversial subject matter of FE theory itself tends to get people all 'hot under the collar' as they say. I just wish people could be civil and actually talk to each other rather than angrily playing intellectual tennis and then losing the ball entirely.  ;D

Oh, and perhaps you can help me, I'm a so-called noob and Im trying to figure out how to keep track of my posts. Is there an easy way of doing this?

There is a small icon appearing on the threads you have posts in.  Also, try unread replies, this should be near the top right of your screen.

?

Archibald

« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2011, 07:07:07 AM »

With all due respect, the evidence is in the last few pages and name calling is the least of it. What really makes me laugh is that 'snipez' fellow who basically insults people, sticks out his tongue and then runs away with no intention of debating the things he says (& has done the same thing in a few other threads Ive come across). Very childish if you ask me. You seemed to support him too, ripping off that poor fellow who didnt understand the context in which you used the word 'retard'. I understand if you were just having a bit of fun but in the end it seemed like intellectual bullying. This surprised me as all the other posts of yours that I have read seem very polite and well structured. Am I wrong?
The main reason for my comment, however, is that the topic is "Spooky Stuff" and there has been very little discussion about that particular subject matter (even though the original person was talking about the 'spookiness' of his confusion in what to believe). The interesting title was, as I said before, the reason I was initially interested in this thread.

Good fellow, I can assure you that the poster in question, ''noflatchicks'', was attempting to be condescending and speak down to people here.  Then he posted a rather unlettered comment about the word, ''retard'' which in his shoebox of a world he occupies simply thinks the word means a person of metal handicap.  He set himself up for this with his condescending matter.  Truth is, he had no backing for acting superior, I simply put it out there for all to see.  The poster has since left.  Thank you for noticing my eloquent polite manner, most will not admit it and there is also an anti-Archibald sentiment growing endogenously within some of the dissaffected posters.

« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2011, 08:44:15 AM »

Good fellow, I can assure you that the poster in question, ''noflatchicks'', was attempting to be condescending and speak down to people here.  Then he posted a rather unlettered comment about the word, ''retard'' which in his shoebox of a world he occupies simply thinks the word means a person of metal handicap.  He set himself up for this with his condescending matter.  Truth is, he had no backing for acting superior, I simply put it out there for all to see.  The poster has since left.  Thank you for noticing my eloquent polite manner, most will not admit it and there is also an anti-Archibald sentiment growing endogenously within some of the dissaffected posters.

Ok, but what about snipez? He comments were both rude and condescending, not to mention obscene ... surely he broke all of the rules? Why was he not at least reprimanded? If I was a moderator I might have even kicked him out altogether as it is obvious that he does want to discuss his views (at least with non FE'ers).

« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2011, 08:51:53 AM »
Oh and thanks for the help.

?

Archibald

« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2011, 11:40:33 AM »

Ok, but what about snipez? He comments were both rude and condescending, not to mention obscene ... surely he broke all of the rules? Why was he not at least reprimanded? If I was a moderator I might have even kicked him out altogether as it is obvious that he does want to discuss his views (at least with non FE'ers).

I havent paid any attention to the poster snipez, I was just addressing your concerns about my deviation from being polite and formal.  Npflatchicks had it coming, now he's gone.  As for the insults, some of the boards are more heavily moderated than others but you will soon notice that there is lack of professionalism and consistency within the MOD staff.  There are some that are good mods, but one in particular seems to be as whimsical as a sophmore girl picking out a homecoming dress.  Im certain that as long as snipez keeps his insults out of FE  debate, and SC, he will not be banned.  Oh and so long as he stays away from the third rail (KFC).

« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2011, 07:41:52 PM »
a flat Earth....
i thought at first that your all full of crap. but then i realized that i cant prove that it is round. but i also cant prove that its flat either. i don't know what to think!
all the research i do to find this stuff out could be fake. i don't know whats right or wrong anymore!!!

There is a very simple test to show the curvature of the earth. Watch a ship as it sails off into the distance, if the world were flat the ship would become smaller and smaller until it disappeared however, this is not the case. What actually happens is the hull of the ship appears to be engulfed by the water rising upwards eventually swallowing the mast and the sail. This proves the earth is an oblate spheroid as you can observe this at any point on the earth.
“It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.”
Dr. Carl Sagan Quotes

?

Archibald

« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2011, 07:45:43 PM »
a flat Earth....
i thought at first that your all full of crap. but then i realized that i cant prove that it is round. but i also cant prove that its flat either. i don't know what to think!
all the research i do to find this stuff out could be fake. i don't know whats right or wrong anymore!!!

There is a very simple test to show the curvature of the earth. Watch a ship as it sails off into the distance, if the world were flat the ship would become smaller and smaller until it disappeared however, this is not the case. What actually happens is the hull of the ship appears to be engulfed by the water rising upwards eventually swallowing the mast and the sail. This proves the earth is an oblate spheroid as you can observe this at any point on the earth.

Incorrect, but common misconception.  There are numerous threads which explain why this happens.

« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2011, 07:49:54 PM »
a flat Earth....

Incorrect, but common misconception.  There are numerous threads which explain why this happens.

Yes, and they all rely on incorrect perspective laws (the conman Rowbotham) or unproven physics (bendy light). So don't get your hopes up.  ::)

« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2012, 01:28:55 PM »
a flat Earth....

So, why don't YOU enlighten us with your incorrect and unproven explanations on bendy light for us?  I don't understand this whole thing where... just because a topic was covered in a forum before, the question can't be raised again.  You are, for all intents and purposes, the BEST repository for this fake pseudo-science.  One would think you would bend over backwards to explain to us WHY a ship doesn't get smaller and smaller until it disappears, rather it goes over the curviture of the Earth rather than just saying, "This has already been covered..." and expect us to go through pages and pages and pages of forums to find the answers.
...does anyone find it funny that the Flat Earth model is actually round?

?

Cat Earth Theory

• I practise the Zetetic Method!
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2012, 01:57:54 PM »
Archibald has since admitted to being a troll and said he was leaving the forums for good.  He also posted some pictures of his gross mug.  It was gross.
If you focus on the cloud, and conceive of it just as you would a dream you are trying to interpret, with practice its meanings and memories will be revealed to you.

« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2012, 06:37:55 AM »
Archibald has since admitted to being a troll and said he was leaving the forums for good.  He also posted some pictures of his gross mug.  It was gross.

Oh, damn.  Because, I thought that these guys didn't want people asking questions that had been asked in previous forums... so, I tried to go to an old forum full of people who don't exist anymore.
...does anyone find it funny that the Flat Earth model is actually round?

professor

• REAL professor
« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2012, 07:47:46 PM »
he was sent by NASA