• 105 Replies

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
Re: China
« Reply #90 on: November 17, 2011, 02:35:12 PM »
Ladies and Gentlement, I present to you the Flat Earth Movement:

The pilots do not have to be members of the conspiracy. They are not controlling this. The plane is lying to them.

You know what I mean. The instruments are providing false information.

« Reply #91 on: November 17, 2011, 02:37:41 PM »

The pilots do not have to be members of the conspiracy. They are not controlling this. The plane is lying to them.

Evidence?
You, sir, can't comprehend the idea of bottoms.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #92 on: November 18, 2011, 04:15:31 AM »

How about in the days before computers and GPS?  How did the aircraft lie to the pilots in the days before electronic instrumentation?

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #93 on: November 18, 2011, 12:40:00 PM »

How about in the days before computers and GPS?  How did the aircraft lie to the pilots in the days before electronic instrumentation?

They didn't have to. If it takes you 100 hours to get from the US to Australia and you don't know your average speed, you're going to use the official distance

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #94 on: November 18, 2011, 01:22:39 PM »
They didn't have to. If it takes you 100 hours to get from the US to Australia and you don't know your average speed, you're going to use the official distance

You have no idea how navigation works, do you?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #95 on: November 18, 2011, 01:29:08 PM »

I think you're missing the point.

Go away Markjo. I'm being very successful here.

« Reply #96 on: November 18, 2011, 01:58:56 PM »
You are.

You are assertung ludicrous opinions without any scientifical background.
“The Earth looks flat, therefore it is” FEers wisdom.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #97 on: November 18, 2011, 02:02:22 PM »

What point might that be?  The one where if you're on a transoceanic flight and don't know how fast you're going in what direction, then you wind up lost and/or dead?

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #98 on: November 19, 2011, 04:07:32 AM »

The did have mechanical air speed sensors long before computers or even solid state electronics.

« Reply #99 on: November 19, 2011, 05:35:02 AM »
And data collected from numerous trips.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #100 on: November 19, 2011, 09:48:25 AM »

What point might that be?  The one where if you're on a transoceanic flight and don't know how fast you're going in what direction, then you wind up lost and/or dead?

I didn't say anything about direction. Early airplanes (even in the first airlines) did not have speedometers. They had to approximate their speed.

« Reply #101 on: November 19, 2011, 10:58:12 AM »
There are many ways to measure distances and speed; people have been travelling for milleniums and accumulating data. Therefore the distances as we know them are correct.

Unless you're coming with a brand new theory, you're waisting everyone's time.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #102 on: November 19, 2011, 12:22:01 PM »
There are many ways to measure distances and speed; people have been travelling for milleniums and accumulating data. Therefore the distances as we know them are correct.

Unless you're coming with a brand new theory, you're waisting everyone's time.

So, the distances as you know them are correct because the distances as you know them are correct?

It took James Cook 3 years to sail around the world in the Southern Hemisphere. It took him the same amount of time to explore the entire Northern Hemisphere.

The red line is not nearly as long as the blue one, but it took the same amount of time in the same ship.

« Reply #103 on: November 19, 2011, 12:35:17 PM »
Accumulation of data, data easily verifiable.

Find something else.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #104 on: November 19, 2011, 01:46:40 PM »
I didn't say anything about direction. Early airplanes (even in the first airlines) did not have speedometers. They had to approximate their speed.

First of all, aircraft do not have 'speedometers'.  They have airspeed indicators and sometimes ground speed indicators.  Secondly, the pitot tube (the basis of most airspeed indicators) was invented in the late 18th century and many (if not most) WW1 aircraft (long before any airliner) had airspeed indicators.  Now, unless you actually mean ground speed indicator, then you might have a point, but not a very good one.  The difference in RET and FET distances (especially south of the equator) are just too great to be waved away.

« Reply #105 on: November 20, 2011, 06:48:14 PM »

First of all, aircraft do not have 'speedometers'.  They have airspeed indicators and sometimes ground speed indicators.  Secondly, the pitot tube (the basis of most airspeed indicators) was invented in the late 18th century and many (if not most) WW1 aircraft (long before any airliner) had airspeed indicators.  Now, unless you actually mean ground speed indicator, then you might have a point, but not a very good one.  The difference in RET and FET distances (especially south of the equator) are just too great to be waved away.

lol "speedometers."  That sounded kinda wrong when I read it.  Thanks for saving me the time of looking that up.

It also seems kind of cock-eyed to compare a couple of voyages on a boat to prove every single modern flight wrong.

I don't really believe the math AND navigation equipment AND the government are all lying to us, and this fringe group of non-scientists with an extremely flimsy, faulty, unproven and highly unlikely theory are the only ones who know the truth.  Hey, I'm not a scientist.  I'm surprised my pre-graduate physics classes are actually helping me maintain a sophisticated argument, but... I'm sorry.  The flat Earth argument is simply that... FLAT!  There are retired Navy pilots and astronauts who are supposedly leaking government information about UFO's and aliens.  Not ONE of them is telling us anything about a flat earth conspiracy.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 06:50:46 PM by KristaGurl »
...does anyone find it funny that the Flat Earth model is actually round?