Skyrim

• 1771 Replies

Vindictus

• insightful personal text
Re: Skyrim
« Reply #360 on: November 30, 2011, 12:37:48 AM »
Yeah, limiting your character to strict class definitions is WoW-level roleplaying i.e. complete shit.

No.

WoW is not roleplaying, it's dungeon crawling. So I agree.

Yes.

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #361 on: November 30, 2011, 03:25:32 AM »
The worst thing about the black star is that you can only get one bandit soul at a time unless you shell out for a black gem from Enthir. I think his name was Enthir. He was an asshole anyway.

Also:

Yeah, limiting your character to strict class definitions is WoW-level roleplaying i.e. complete shit.

Depends.

Fix'd.
Here's an explanation for ya. Lurk moar. Every single point you brought up has been posted, reposted, debated and debunked. There is a search function on this forum, and it is very easy to use.

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #362 on: November 30, 2011, 06:51:11 AM »
It doesn't make sense to have strict class restrictions in Elder Scrolls when you (for the most part) work alone and therefore do not need to fill one specific role.

You're not a better roleplayer just because you go "but my mage couldn't possibly use a bow!", unless you're playing a dumbfuck who literally is unable to learn new things.

PizzaPlanet

• Now available in stereo
« Reply #363 on: November 30, 2011, 07:28:17 AM »
Dude, giving a bow to a mage literally causes an explosion. Explosions are only good when it's not you exploding.
Please reconsider.
hacking your precious forum as we speak 8) 8) 8)

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #364 on: November 30, 2011, 07:30:51 AM »
I suppose since the game takes place in an era where bow use is fairly common, it's not too crazy to suggest that the average person already knows how to use one, but I've just always figured my battlemage doesn't, and there isn't much need for one with ranged spells anyway.  (though sneak attack bonuses would be nice)
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #365 on: November 30, 2011, 07:39:41 AM »
I like playing the jack-of-all-trades. It also turns out, that's what makes a good hero. Just look at old legends. Sure, Robin Hood could shoot a bow extremely well, but nowhere does it say that he doesn't know how to use a sword, or sneak, or command troops, all of which he actually does in his various incarnations with great success. It just says that he's great at using bows. My bulimic, lesbian mage (Yes, really) is a competent smith and working her way to becoming a good conjurer, but she can use a bow or mix potions just fine if the situation calls for it.
Here's an explanation for ya. Lurk moar. Every single point you brought up has been posted, reposted, debated and debunked. There is a search function on this forum, and it is very easy to use.

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #366 on: November 30, 2011, 08:57:36 AM »
I seem to always wind up playing myself in RPGs, sneaking, ranged attacks, and running away.

Now, if you all will excuse me, I'm off to go mine some moonstone.

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #367 on: November 30, 2011, 09:59:00 AM »
Sounds exactly like you. Me, I play a character whose goal is to amass the ultimate knowledge of the universe, and thus I go about collecting as many spells, books, and as much skills as possible. I wouldn't want to get bored saving the world.

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #368 on: November 30, 2011, 10:11:30 AM »
Sounds exactly like you. Me, I play a character whose goal is to amass the ultimate knowledge of the universe, and thus I go about collecting as many spells, books, and as much skills as possible. I wouldn't want to get bored saving the world.

;D

I recall yesterday being in some dungeon or other, in sneak mode with mean barbarians shouting about intruders, painstaking going through a bookshelf and thinking, "Here's one I haven't read" or "Pooh, I read that in Oblivion."   And by read, I mean a real read.  Cyber-art-life imitating life.

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #369 on: November 30, 2011, 11:53:53 AM »
Well of course you'd actually read the books. What else are they there for than to add flavour?

Vindictus

« Reply #370 on: November 30, 2011, 12:52:08 PM »
It doesn't make sense to have strict class restrictions in Elder Scrolls when you (for the most part) work alone and therefore do not need to fill one specific role.

You're not a better roleplayer just because you go "but my mage couldn't possibly use a bow!", unless you're playing a dumbfuck who literally is unable to learn new things.

Not in TES series, because TES series has always been about giving you exactly what you want.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #371 on: November 30, 2011, 01:33:24 PM »
I ended up buying a PS3 instead of XBox, it (and the game) will be here tomorrow. I'll probably finish Skyward Sword before starting Skyrim.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #372 on: November 30, 2011, 07:23:50 PM »
 >:( Should have bought a pc.

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #373 on: November 30, 2011, 07:40:37 PM »
One of the things I remember about playing Morrowind was that I used to go around and completely strip peoples homes of everything. I mean everything. And take it down to the tat shop for a few gold pieces.

Then I started feeling all sad because every where I went looked so dull and empty so I started buying jugs and flowers and shit back and putting them in peoples homes but it just wasn't the same AND I LEARNED A VALUABLE MORAL LESSON.

Ocius

• Official Member
  • Space President
« Reply #374 on: November 30, 2011, 08:28:43 PM »

Incorrect.

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #375 on: November 30, 2011, 10:56:29 PM »

Incorrect.

You have nothing to back up your statement. You know that you can't win this. And you're probably going to continue anyway.

Vindictus

« Reply #376 on: December 01, 2011, 12:36:08 PM »

Incorrect.

It has really weak RPG elements, and you do exactly 0 roleplaying at end game. Unless you're one of those weird people that actually roleplay.

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #377 on: December 01, 2011, 12:47:24 PM »
Those people are fucking freaks.

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #378 on: December 01, 2011, 01:43:41 PM »
I ended up buying a PS3 instead of XBox, it (and the game) will be here tomorrow. I'll probably finish Skyward Sword before starting Skyrim.

And next you have to get Red Dead.

Ocius

• Official Member
  • Space President
« Reply #379 on: December 01, 2011, 03:10:57 PM »

Incorrect.

You have nothing to back up your statement.

Incorrect.

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #380 on: December 01, 2011, 04:14:08 PM »

YES!  Then we can have a Peachy, Nomud, and SCG Red Dead Redemption threesome!
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

« Reply #381 on: December 01, 2011, 04:28:29 PM »
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

« Reply #382 on: December 01, 2011, 07:36:02 PM »
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/583511

A bit late for this but still fun to watch

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #383 on: December 01, 2011, 07:47:11 PM »

YES!  Then we can have a Peachy, Nomud, and SCG Red Dead Redemption threesome!

And Haz.  He kilt me a couple of times already.  Then he surrendered and ran off. 

Taters343

• Official Member
  • Pope/Tater/Robot with flower girl capabilities!
« Reply #384 on: December 02, 2011, 06:04:43 AM »
Now I myst get Red Dead.

Lorddave

« Reply #386 on: December 02, 2011, 06:33:16 AM »
Does skyrim still have fast travel?
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
  • The dopest founding father.
« Reply #387 on: December 02, 2011, 06:35:15 AM »
Yes, but unlike Oblivion, the major cities don't come pre-discovered.

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #388 on: December 02, 2011, 07:24:52 PM »
Yes, but unlike Oblivion, the major cities don't come pre-discovered.

Although you can take a horse drawn cart to those cities anyway. 
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

?

Vongeo

• Official Member
  • I don't get it either.
« Reply #389 on: December 03, 2011, 09:57:20 AM »
I played it yesterday and found out I was a vampire. Then I killed giants in Malacaths name.

MALACATH!
Vongeo is a wanker, he wears a wanker hat; he always smells like urine and he thinks the Earth is flat.

No longer is this sentence is cut in half. Jekra!