Skyrim

• 1771 Replies

PizzaPlanet

• Now available in stereo
Re: Skyrim
« Reply #300 on: November 22, 2011, 10:39:03 PM »
Yes, all developers should disregard consoles so the graphics can always be better.

Indeed.
Yup.
hacking your precious forum as we speak 8) 8) 8)

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #301 on: November 23, 2011, 05:15:51 PM »
I do not understand why console developers will never give gamers access to console commands and the like. wouldn't it be amazing if you could patch your own glitches and they wouldn't have to deal with fans angry that they can't beat the game they purchased?

?

Around And About

• Circular Logic Falls Flat
« Reply #302 on: November 23, 2011, 05:25:45 PM »
I do not understand why console developers will never give gamers access to console commands and the like. wouldn't it be amazing if you could patch your own glitches and they wouldn't have to deal with fans angry that they can't beat the game they purchased?

Yes.
I'm not black nor a thug, I'm more like god who will bring 7 plagues of flat earth upon your ass.

« Reply #303 on: November 23, 2011, 05:29:19 PM »

Yes.

Are you having problems?

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #304 on: November 23, 2011, 05:55:09 PM »
Reminds me of a bug I encountered in Oblivion when I first played it on the 360 that completely stopped me from doing the mage guild quests... could have fixed that in a single console command on PC. Never playing a TES game on a console again.

?

Around And About

« Reply #305 on: November 23, 2011, 06:01:02 PM »

Yes.

Are you having problems?

No. But it would be amazing.
I'm not black nor a thug, I'm more like god who will bring 7 plagues of flat earth upon your ass.

« Reply #306 on: November 23, 2011, 06:10:18 PM »

Yes.

Are you having problems?

It truly would. Raist is wise beyond his years. You know what else is amazing? Red Mountain, the White Gold Tower, and a whole bunch of boring but accurate terrain exists beyond the borders of Skyrim.

http://ppsh-41.tumblr.com/post/13145143504/entire-tamriel-landmass-built-into-skyrim

If you look at just the right angle, you can actually see Red Mountain from the map.

Lorddave

« Reply #307 on: November 23, 2011, 06:40:02 PM »

Yes.

Are you having problems?

It truly would. Raist is wise beyond his years. You know what else is amazing? Red Mountain, the White Gold Tower, and a whole bunch of boring but accurate terrain exists beyond the borders of Skyrim.

http://ppsh-41.tumblr.com/post/13145143504/entire-tamriel-landmass-built-into-skyrim

If you look at just the right angle, you can actually see Red Mountain from the map.
Wow.  That is truly amazing.  That's the kind of work that makes a developer badass.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

?

Around And About

« Reply #308 on: November 23, 2011, 08:05:49 PM »
Red Mountain! Epic. BethSoft++;

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #309 on: November 23, 2011, 11:09:16 PM »
Low-polygon terrain is impressive now? Why didn't FUEL sell more in that case?
Here's an explanation for ya. Lurk moar. Every single point you brought up has been posted, reposted, debated and debunked. There is a search function on this forum, and it is very easy to use.

Lorddave

« Reply #310 on: November 23, 2011, 11:34:18 PM »
Low-polygon terrain is impressive now? Why didn't FUEL sell more in that case?
It's not that it's low, it's that it even exists.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #311 on: November 23, 2011, 11:36:32 PM »
Yeah, but what I meant is that it's not a mammoth task to generate a height map for Tamriel when you have models from the previous Elder Scrolls games. I am much more impressed by the story and design of Skyrim than I am by Red Mountain, especially when I've seen it in all its splendor in Morrowind.
Here's an explanation for ya. Lurk moar. Every single point you brought up has been posted, reposted, debated and debunked. There is a search function on this forum, and it is very easy to use.

Lorddave

« Reply #312 on: November 23, 2011, 11:39:00 PM »
Yeah, but what I meant is that it's not a mammoth task to generate a height map for Tamriel when you have models from the previous Elder Scrolls games. I am much more impressed by the story and design of Skyrim than I am by Red Mountain, especially when I've seen it in all its splendor in Morrowind.
True dat.
But they still took the time to put it in.  It's little touches like that that make a game go from good to great.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #313 on: November 23, 2011, 11:49:58 PM »

Yes.

Are you having problems?

Long before Skyrim launched they said they were planning on it spanning multiple continents including a trip back to morrowind. I wouldn't be surprised if an expansion or two take you to limited parts of these places.

A big improvement in skyrim is they brought back horrible animals roaming the planes. I was fighting a dragon and got attacked by a zombie that was nearly the size of the dragon. It was crazy. I still sometimes have dreams of walking through a red sandy mist only to be attacked by blight creatures. /geeky homsickness

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #314 on: November 24, 2011, 12:32:49 AM »
You have dreams about that? I did it last friday!

« Reply #315 on: November 24, 2011, 12:40:58 PM »

Yes.

Are you having problems?

[...]got attacked by a zombie that was nearly the size of the dragon.

I think that was a giant.

I still sometimes have dreams of walking through a red sandy mist only to be attacked by blight creatures.

I had a fever of approximately 105 (inb4 Celsius/Fahrenheit) once and I could constantly hear the " class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">blight storm sound effect in my mind, accompanied by visions of deserts and other things that aren't pleasant when you feel like you're overheating to death.

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #316 on: November 25, 2011, 07:56:56 AM »
Moar screenshots. This time with more action. Click for full size.

« Reply #317 on: November 25, 2011, 11:07:40 AM »
Shopped. Nobody can kill a frost troll.

« Reply #318 on: November 25, 2011, 11:13:26 AM »
Incorrect.

« Reply #319 on: November 25, 2011, 11:20:48 AM »
No, it's true. I can tell from some of the pixels and by not having ever killed a frost troll in my time.

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #320 on: November 25, 2011, 11:59:13 AM »
Shopped. Nobody can kill a frost troll.

Enemies in the wild don't level up very high, so they're very small-time once you hit level 30+.

rooster

« Reply #321 on: November 25, 2011, 12:26:22 PM »
I'm only level 18 and I can kill them pretty easily. Dual wield flames and use flame breath.

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #322 on: November 25, 2011, 12:27:19 PM »
Yeah, they're very susceptible to fire.

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #323 on: November 25, 2011, 12:38:56 PM »
I was like level 11 and one came after me on the 7,000 steps.  I killed it.  Didn't find it that difficult.  Fortunately he was up on a ledge and took a bit to figure out how to jump down, but I had only taken a little bit off his HP before that.  I was just dual wielding flames.  And had Janessa hacking and slashing at him.
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

« Reply #324 on: November 25, 2011, 12:39:48 PM »
You're all so cool.

Taters343

• Official Member
  • Pope/Tater/Robot with flower girl capabilities!
« Reply #325 on: November 25, 2011, 12:52:53 PM »
I wrote a brief review of Skyrim in my blog, with a nice little "tl;dr" at the end.

Skyrim is fantastic. I went to the midnight release, and then played it continuously until my 8 o'clock class.

rooster

« Reply #326 on: November 25, 2011, 05:09:55 PM »
Well if you don't like frost trolls you should probably stay away from Labyrinthian.

?

Around And About

« Reply #327 on: November 25, 2011, 05:26:23 PM »
Also, try to avoid places with snow.

?

Vongeo

• Official Member
  • I don't get it either.
« Reply #328 on: November 26, 2011, 12:05:41 PM »
I want the skyrim, but I live the forest with monks.
Vongeo is a wanker, he wears a wanker hat; he always smells like urine and he thinks the Earth is flat.

No longer is this sentence is cut in half. Jekra!

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #329 on: November 28, 2011, 05:24:58 AM »
I want the skyrim, but I live the forest with monks.

May you walk on warm sands.