The merged ultimate challenge for FE'ers

• 580 Replies

TheUnseenForce

• My logic is undeniable.
Re: The merged ultimate challenge for FE'ers
« Reply #480 on: December 14, 2011, 06:55:58 PM »
Well this has gotten off topic. Still no map?

?

dado

« Reply #481 on: December 15, 2011, 08:05:00 AM »
is it too much to ask for you fe's to post a map? If you are going to be posting links to 25 page threads then you can as well post a map here. So please do it. I'm curious. And then lets go from there.

?

Thork

« Reply #482 on: December 15, 2011, 08:08:09 AM »
is it too much to ask for you fe's to post a map? If you are going to be posting links to 25 page threads then you can as well post a map here. So please do it. I'm curious. And then lets go from there.
Maybe you should read the thread? There are maps and explanations right from the very first page.

Re: The ultimate challenge for FE'ers
« Reply #483 on: December 15, 2011, 08:10:10 AM »
I forgot to add: the map should also work in the absence of light. (Does darness bend too?)

Here's a representation of the Earth in absolute darkness:

That's the kind of answer you get from a FE'er.
“The Earth looks flat, therefore it is” FEers wisdom.

zarg

• Saudi Arabian inventor of Dr. Pepper
« Reply #484 on: December 15, 2011, 12:29:20 PM »
Maybe you should read the thread? There are maps and explanations right from the very first page.

No one has posted a FE map that both:

a) claims to be a UNIFORMLY scaled representation of the PHYSICAL reality of Earth
b) can be reconciled with known distances

All anyone has done is post RET-derived maps and say that mysterious properties of light and/or some bizarre variable map-scaling method account for the "apparent" shape of the map. We are asking for the "real" shape.

Imagine that there's a type of radar sitting high above Earth emitting perfectly straight, perpendicular beams which bounce off the surface and back. Using this data the radar constructs a computer model of what it "sees". What would this model look like?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 12:35:09 PM by zarg »
Quote from: Cat Earth Theory
[Lord Wilmore's writings] are written the way a high schooler thinks an educated person should sound like.  The pathetic pseudo-academic writing can't hide the lack of any real substance.

?

Thork

« Reply #485 on: December 15, 2011, 01:29:05 PM »
This thread is asking the exact same questions as This thread

Maybe a mod will merge the two? They are both about map projection.

« Reply #486 on: December 15, 2011, 03:02:35 PM »
May be we get answers from this one?

El Cid

• ...And the truth shall set you free.
« Reply #487 on: December 18, 2011, 06:23:16 PM »
May be we get answers from this one?

Maybe we won't.  This is the shape of Africa based on known distances.

There is no possible right map.  No such thing.  An accurate FE map is impossible.  Therefore, the Earth is not flat.  It just can't be.  I can't see any way.

It is, without a doubt, the ultimate challenge for FE'ers.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #488 on: December 20, 2011, 08:38:57 AM »
The shape of Africa is based on wrong distances. This really is not a particularly difficult subject. The incorrect distances are based around the assumed distances on a Round Earth. There wasn't a person who walked across Africa with a pedometer.

« Reply #489 on: December 20, 2011, 08:52:33 AM »
The shape of Africa is based on wrong distances. This really is not a particularly difficult subject. The incorrect distances are based around the assumed distances on a Round Earth. There wasn't a person who walked across Africa with a pedometer.

You're quite lonely here. Show us why the distances are wrong. Show us what right distances are.

Do you really think Africa was measured using a pedometer?

You're both ridiculous and ignorant.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #490 on: December 20, 2011, 08:56:18 AM »

You're quite lonely here. Show us why the distances are wrong. Show us what right distances are.

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=51811.0

And no, I don't. That's the point. Cartographers determined the distance via maps made of it.

« Reply #491 on: December 20, 2011, 09:14:29 AM »

And no, I don't. That's the point. Cartographers determined the distance via maps made of it.
strawman much?
Keep it serious, Thork. You can troll, but don't be so open. We have standards

« Reply #492 on: December 20, 2011, 09:25:04 AM »

Yeah, right. And those distances are never double or triple-checked. In which century do you live?

Show us why the distances are wrong. Show us what right distances are. (not the thred where momentia proves you wrong)

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #493 on: December 20, 2011, 09:47:01 AM »
Sure they are. Via the same system. Or satellites, which are such a reliable source.

« Reply #494 on: December 20, 2011, 10:03:59 AM »
Sure they are. Via the same system. Or satellites, which are such a reliable source.

Even if what you say made sense, how could measurement devices could constantly give exactly the same errors?

Show us why the distances are wrong. Show us what right distances are. (not the thred where momentia proves you wrong)
And if you got distances, you'd be able to draw a map of Africa.

zarg

« Reply #495 on: December 20, 2011, 02:33:23 PM »
Tausami. Show us what right distances are.

How about this:

Imagine that there's a type of radar sitting high above Earth emitting perfectly straight, perpendicular beams which bounce off the surface and back. Using this data the radar constructs a computer model of what it "sees". What would this model look like?
[Lord Wilmore's writings] are written the way a high schooler thinks an educated person should sound like.  The pathetic pseudo-academic writing can't hide the lack of any real substance.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #496 on: December 20, 2011, 03:37:52 PM »

How about this:

Even if what you say made sense, how could measurement devices could constantly give exactly the same errors?

They give the same errors because they use the same system. The map readings are based on the idea that the Earth is round, and the distances are calculated as such. The satellite readings are manipulated by the Conspiracy.

Momentia doesn't prove me wrong in that 'thred'. He offers an improved equation, because it hadn't occurred to me to use cosigns.

« Reply #497 on: December 20, 2011, 04:38:09 PM »

How about this:

They give the same errors because they use the same system. The map readings are based on the idea that the Earth is round, and the distances are calculated as such. The satellite readings are manipulated by the Conspiracy.

Momentia doesn't prove me wrong in that 'thred'. He offers an improved equation, because it hadn't occurred to me to use cosigns.

Oh, another map made by RE'ers!
Oh, a nice projection of a sphere!

And if I follow what you say, it's either mistakes or conspiracy which gives RE distances. And they are always coherent. And they work, contrarily to your completely and utterly flawed gibberish.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #498 on: December 20, 2011, 04:51:52 PM »
Do you have Alzheimer's? I posted the exact same map on page 12.

zarg

« Reply #499 on: December 20, 2011, 05:24:14 PM »
Tausami. Read carefully.

I said the probe sends perfectly straight perpendicular beams down. There should be no distortion, no changing scale. Australia is obviously not as large as Russia. Your map is obviously not what the probe would detect. Post a correct map. I'm asking for physical reality, not "polar projection".

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #500 on: December 20, 2011, 05:26:21 PM »
Tausami. Read carefully.

I said the probe sends perfectly straight perpendicular beams down. There should be no distortion, no changing scale. Australia is obviously not as large as Russia. Your map is obviously not what the probe would detect. Post a correct map. I'm asking for physical reality, not "polar projection".

You're still operating under the assumption that RET measurements are correct, which they are not.

zarg

« Reply #501 on: December 20, 2011, 05:34:17 PM »
So you're telling me that a polar projection of RET's globe, with a variable scale based upon an arbitrarily chosen 75 degrees north, just happens to be an accurate physical representation of the true Flat Earth?

How does that work?

Why 75 degrees?

Is Australia as large as Russia? Yes or no.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #502 on: December 20, 2011, 05:39:07 PM »
So you're telling me that a polar projection of RET's globe, with a variable scale based upon an arbitrarily chosen 75 degrees north, just happens to be an accurate physical representation of the true Flat Earth?

How does that work?

Why 75 degrees?

Is Australia as large as Russia? Yes or no.

What does the Arctic circle have to do with anything? For unknown (to me) reasons, the lines of latitude stop at the Arctic circle, but if you were to continue them, they'd all meet together at 90 degrees. They could have ended at any point and it would be exactly the same. Why is it important?

zarg

« Reply #503 on: December 20, 2011, 05:43:27 PM »
How was that relevant to my post at all? You answered precisely zero of my questions. Try again.

« Reply #504 on: December 20, 2011, 06:47:18 PM »
You've already admitted that you have no evidence that the map you've provided is accurate. Why are you still defending your fantasy?

Also, before complaining about the "thred" typo, you might want to learn how to spell "cosines".
Keep it serious, Thork. You can troll, but don't be so open. We have standards

TheUnseenForce

• My logic is undeniable.
« Reply #505 on: December 20, 2011, 09:23:48 PM »
26 pages, no correct  FE maps. Looks like FET is false. Everybody go home.

El Cid

• ...And the truth shall set you free.
« Reply #506 on: December 21, 2011, 12:12:58 AM »
If Australia is really bigger than the U.S., then why aren't they a world power?  U.S. became a world power after WWI because of its size, industrialization and economy.  Australia is big (in fe) and industrialized.

Also, if South America is quite a bit larger than the rest of the world, then why, when Spain colonized it, did they not become a huge world power, with the same reasoning?  It should have had a hugely greater effect.

In fact, you can apply FET to any number of historic events.  Somebody should rewrite history.

« Reply #507 on: December 21, 2011, 12:48:15 AM »
Do you have Alzheimer's? I posted the exact same map on page 12.

Yep, you're doing the same mistakes again and again. Zero in cartography and geometry.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #508 on: December 21, 2011, 01:17:28 PM »
You've already admitted that you have no evidence that the map you've provided is accurate. Why are you still defending your fantasy?

Also, before complaining about the "thred" typo, you might want to learn how to spell "cosines".

As I said, it works in FET.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #509 on: December 21, 2011, 01:18:47 PM »
How was that relevant to my post at all? You answered precisely zero of my questions. Try again.

Because I was asking you to explain. What does 75 degrees north have to do with anything.