The merged ultimate challenge for FE'ers

• 580 Replies
Re: The merged ultimate challenge for FE'ers
« Reply #510 on: December 21, 2011, 02:19:33 PM »
Momentia doesn't prove me wrong in that 'thred'. He offers an improved equation, because it hadn't occurred to me to use cosigns.
You've already admitted that you have no evidence that the map you've provided is accurate. Why are you still defending your fantasy?

Also, before complaining about the "thred" typo, you might want to learn how to spell "cosines".

As I said, it works in FET.
Just so you know: saying it doesn't make it true.
Keep it serious, Thork. You can troll, but don't be so open. We have standards

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #511 on: December 21, 2011, 02:21:17 PM »
Momentia doesn't prove me wrong in that 'thred'. He offers an improved equation, because it hadn't occurred to me to use cosigns.
You've already admitted that you have no evidence that the map you've provided is accurate. Why are you still defending your fantasy?

Also, before complaining about the "thred" typo, you might want to learn how to spell "cosines".

It isn't true in RET. It is true in FET.

« Reply #512 on: December 21, 2011, 02:24:34 PM »

It isn't true in RET. It is true in FET.
I never said it was true in RET. What are you arguing?
Keep it serious, Thork. You can troll, but don't be so open. We have standards

zarg

• Saudi Arabian inventor of Dr. Pepper
« Reply #513 on: December 21, 2011, 03:08:43 PM »
How was that relevant to my post at all? You answered precisely zero of my questions. Try again.

Because I was asking you to explain. What does 75 degrees north have to do with anything.

Tausami, the point is that the map you gave was based on arbitrarily chosen values. For instance, using the exact same formula as your map, this one can be generated:

As you can see, the physical distances are all different. Because it's not a distance-preserving map. Yet you claim that the version you posted is indeed the physical reality of Earth. My question is, why does the particular iteration (of a formula based upon RET assumptions, no less) that you posted happen to be the correct one? Why not the one above?

And you still haven't answered the most basic question: Is Australia as large as Russia? Yes or no.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 03:10:29 PM by zarg »
Quote from: Cat Earth Theory
[Lord Wilmore's writings] are written the way a high schooler thinks an educated person should sound like.  The pathetic pseudo-academic writing can't hide the lack of any real substance.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #514 on: December 21, 2011, 06:22:08 PM »
How was that relevant to my post at all? You answered precisely zero of my questions. Try again.

Because I was asking you to explain. What does 75 degrees north have to do with anything.

Tausami, the point is that the map you gave was based on arbitrarily chosen values. For instance, using the exact same formula as your map, this one can be generated:

As you can see, the physical distances are all different. Because it's not a distance-preserving map. Yet you claim that the version you posted is indeed the physical reality of Earth. My question is, why does the particular iteration (of a formula based upon RET assumptions, no less) that you posted happen to be the correct one? Why not the one above?

And you still haven't answered the most basic question: Is Australia as large as Russia? Yes or no.

I can't tell you for certain, because I've yet to circumnavigate the world. And I see what you're saying and the answer is that it's impossible for me to tell until my circumnavigation.

zarg

« Reply #515 on: December 21, 2011, 08:16:03 PM »
Well I'll save you some trouble and tell you what the results are. Millions of people have relied on these maps for at least 500 years. All versions of this type of map are correct, as long as they're used for travelling outward from the center. That's because they're all projections of a sphere. If these were maps of a Flat Earth as you claim, it would be impossible for more than one version to simultaneously be reliable using the exact same method of measurement (from the center). But they are. Explain.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 08:18:25 PM by zarg »
[Lord Wilmore's writings] are written the way a high schooler thinks an educated person should sound like.  The pathetic pseudo-academic writing can't hide the lack of any real substance.

« Reply #516 on: December 22, 2011, 02:04:26 AM »
Sorry. New here and I'm having trouble believing this is a serious debate. One question to any FE'ers out there. Have any of you actually left your own country/continent? Very simple to disprove your 'theory'. I've been on every continent except Australia and Antarctica. In fact I've circumnavigated the globe about 3 times. It's not flat. I promise. I've flown from South Africa to Singapore to Calgery, Canada. Stayed a few weeks, continued on to New York, then London, Paris, back down through Africa to Cape Town. I've been the other way round too. There, an eye witness account. If anyone has completed a similar trip and still believes in FET, please respond with a counter argument. Thank you.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #517 on: December 22, 2011, 09:20:39 AM »
Sorry. New here and I'm having trouble believing this is a serious debate. One question to any FE'ers out there. Have any of you actually left your own country/continent? Very simple to disprove your 'theory'. I've been on every continent except Australia and Antarctica. In fact I've circumnavigated the globe about 3 times. It's not flat. I promise. I've flown from South Africa to Singapore to Calgery, Canada. Stayed a few weeks, continued on to New York, then London, Paris, back down through Africa to Cape Town. I've been the other way round too. There, an eye witness account. If anyone has completed a similar trip and still believes in FET, please respond with a counter argument. Thank you.

You get that circumnavigation is entirely possible on a flat Earth, right?

zarg

« Reply #518 on: December 22, 2011, 11:16:52 AM »
If these were maps of a Flat Earth as you claim, it would be impossible for more than one version to simultaneously be reliable using the exact same method of measurement (from the center). But they are. Explain.

PizzaPlanet

• Now available in stereo
« Reply #519 on: December 22, 2011, 08:04:29 PM »
Sorry. New here and I'm having trouble believing this is a serious debate. One question to any FE'ers out there. Have any of you actually left your own country/continent?
Yes, and yes. I'm from Poland and I study in the United Kingdom. I have also made visits to numerous European countries and the United States of America.

Very simple to disprove your 'theory'. I've been on every continent except Australia and Antarctica. In fact I've circumnavigated the globe about 3 times.
Are you also an astronomer, sailor, military plane pilot and Luke Skywalker? Trust me, we get many people who claim they're a combination of these. They just forget to substantiate their claims.

It's not flat. I promise.
How have you established that?

I've flown from South Africa to Singapore to Calgery, Canada. Stayed a few weeks, continued on to New York, then London, Paris, back down through Africa to Cape Town. I've been the other way round too. There, an eye witness account.
Okay, so you've circumnavigated the Earth. That's great, but it proves nothing about the Earth's rotundity and/or flatness.

If anyone has completed a similar trip and still believes in FET, please respond with a counter argument. Thank you.
What exactly do you want a counter-argument for? You forgot to make a claim, other than "It's not flat, I promise". An excellent counter-argument to that would be "I assure you it is, in fact, flat".

If these were maps of a Flat Earth as you claim, it would be impossible for more than one version to simultaneously be reliable using the exact same method of measurement (from the center). But they are. Explain.
No, you explain. Why do you think it would be impossible for two different maps to be reliable? Try to be coherent this time. Also, this is not how you use bold letters. It just makes you look dumb.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 08:09:32 PM by PizzaPlanet »
hacking your precious forum as we speak 8) 8) 8)

zarg

« Reply #520 on: December 22, 2011, 09:47:46 PM »
No, you explain. Why do you think it would be impossible for two different maps to be reliable?

Very well. I'll try to simplify this as much as I can.

Remember that distance can only be measured accurately on these maps for paths that come directly from the center.

On a round Earth, a path out of the north pole from anywhere within a cone of about 40 degrees (covering the appropriate degrees longitude) will arrive at Australia. Trace it on a globe to see how it works. That's why Australia looks large -- because it can be reached from a wide angle of paths. On the second map, Australia looks even larger (it's the big yellow splotch in the top left). That's because the point of origin -- the center -- can reach Australia from an even wider array of angles -- almost 90 degrees.

On a flat Earth, Australia is on the same plane as the starting point in both cases, which means it must actually be the size it appears to be on the map to fit inside that cone. Indeed, Tausami claims that his map is not distorted, but you probably don't know that as you obviously haven't been following along.

But it's a different size on the second map. So only one map can be correct if Earth is flat. Australia has only one size. Both maps cover the same amount of land, and Australia is roughly the same distance from the center in both maps. Australia cannot simultaneously fill (and only fill) a 40-degree cone and a 90-degree cone at the same distance.

Unless of course it's a projection of a sphere.

PizzaPlanet: Do you believe in FET?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 09:57:09 PM by zarg »

?

The Knowledge

• FE'ers don't do experiments. It costs too much.
« Reply #521 on: December 23, 2011, 07:43:49 AM »

No it isn't. Not until you've explained how INS fails to detect curvature of path to left or right.
Watermelon, Rhubarb Rhubarb, no one believes the Earth is Flat, Peas and Carrots,  walla.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #522 on: December 23, 2011, 01:22:03 PM »

No it isn't. Not until you've explained how INS fails to detect curvature of path to left or right.

Because the amount of turning considered to be 'zero' is actually the amount required to circumnavigate.

« Reply #523 on: December 23, 2011, 01:24:57 PM »

Because the amount of turning considered to be 'zero' is actually the amount required to circumnavigate.

How is a non-negative non-zero curvature considered to be 'zero' ?
You, sir, can't comprehend the idea of bottoms.

?

The Knowledge

« Reply #524 on: December 23, 2011, 02:15:21 PM »

No, completely wrong. Stop making shit up (am I allowed to borrow the standard anti-Bishop response for this?)
Watermelon, Rhubarb Rhubarb, no one believes the Earth is Flat, Peas and Carrots,  walla.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #525 on: December 23, 2011, 02:24:44 PM »

How is a non-negative non-zero curvature considered to be 'zero' ?

Because the INS is coded. It has a point which it considers to be no curvature. And that point is not actually no curvature.

Also, developed by NASA. Not suspicious or anything.

?

The Knowledge

« Reply #526 on: December 23, 2011, 03:48:57 PM »

Because the INS is coded. It has a point which it considers to be no curvature. And that point is not actually no curvature.

Yay, Tausami even provides his own bullshit at the same time as showing he has no clue how INS works or what it does.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #527 on: December 24, 2011, 02:57:24 PM »

Yay, Tausami even provides his own bullshit at the same time as showing he has no clue how INS works or what it does.

If I had no idea, I wouldn't know that it was by NASA, now would I?

zarg

« Reply #528 on: December 24, 2011, 07:13:10 PM »
1. They're not by NASA.
2. Stop derailing.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #529 on: December 24, 2011, 07:30:37 PM »
1. They're not by NASA.
2. Stop derailing.

1. Sure they are. Wernher von Braun (Nazi war criminal) invented it for the American rockets he made. On a side note, I find it amusing that the conspiracy was started by ex-Nazis.

2. Sorry.

The second map is not in any way, shape, or form accurate. If there's one distance NASA couldn't possibly lie about, it's the width of the Atlantic Ocean between America and Europe.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 07:35:05 PM by Tausami »

zarg

« Reply #530 on: December 24, 2011, 10:21:26 PM »
I'm sorry, I didn't notice that you misspelled "Nazi". NASA is pronounced slightly differently and is not the same thing.

Anyway, please pay attention. I have explained multiple times already that this type of map projection is accurate only for paths from the center. And the second map does work just as accurately for that as yours does, even though it's based on a different center. This can't work with a 2D shape.

And you still haven't explained why a formula for projecting one axis from an arbitrary point on RET's sphere just happens to be the accurate FET reality for both axes.

Oh and, now NASA is lying about distances on a map? Since when? You can't even keep your own conspiracy theories straight.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #531 on: December 25, 2011, 08:21:05 AM »
I'm sorry, I didn't notice that you misspelled "Nazi". NASA is pronounced slightly differently and is not the same thing.

Anyway, please pay attention. I have explained multiple times already that this type of map projection is accurate only for paths from the center. And the second map does work just as accurately for that as yours does, even though it's based on a different center. This can't work with a 2D shape.

And you still haven't explained why a formula for projecting one axis from an arbitrary point on RET's sphere just happens to be the accurate FET reality for both axes.

Oh and, now NASA is lying about distances on a map? Since when? You can't even keep your own conspiracy theories straight.

*sigh*
Wernher von Braun was a Nazi. We went to an American jail after WWII, and was forced to work for us. He was one of the founders of NASA, and was instrumental in the design of the Saturn V rocket.

An of course NASA is lying about distances on a map. They didn't come up with the lie, but they have to work to keep it up. The Atlantic is too commonly traveled for them to lie about it successfully.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #532 on: December 25, 2011, 10:13:39 AM »
1. They're not by NASA.
2. Stop derailing.

1. Sure they are. Wernher von Braun (Nazi war criminal) invented it for the American rockets he made.

Only after he stole the idea from American rocket pioneer Robert Goddard.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

zarg

« Reply #533 on: December 25, 2011, 12:20:04 PM »
They didn't come up with the lie, but they have to work to keep it up.

I thought everyone at NASA believes the world is a sphere and maps are correct? You can't lie about something that you don't know is false.

And who was "working to keep it up" for the hundreds of years we used the same maps before NASA existed? Don't answer that. If you want to continue babbling about your myopic NASA obsession, please do so in a different thread. Please get back on topic:

I have explained multiple times already that this type of map projection is accurate only for paths from the center. And the second map does work just as accurately for that as yours does, even though it's based on a different center. This can't work with a 2D shape.

?

Silverdane

• Deutschland Double Heil!! @_@//
« Reply #534 on: December 26, 2011, 06:03:39 AM »
Is it possible church teocracies, educators and other forms of medieval education are the very ones that promoted this RET myth in the first place?

Since education began with empires, it's intention was to convert many feeble young minds. By feeding them such lies as you currently operate.

The ammount of vomit peddled by educators in imperialist dogmatic cults such as Britain, Spain, France, Austria, Russia .... was beyond your ability to swallow.

They are the only ones who created this shameless delusion. That is the meaning of that stupid ball they hold in a hand. They control your head, by forcing you to think their lie of rotundity. They hold both the key to that lie, a tiny round ballette in their hand. Holding it, like the fate of the cultist idiots who worship RET.

Or the most likely scenario where RET was only accepted by the larger mass of peasants and commoners, whom contrary to all fantasy and fiction, were not the innocent, victims and moralistic good hearted individuals you see in every fanfiction movie about the Medieval or Fantasy ages.

They were in fact, imperialistic idiots, whom eagerly embraced any lie, even something as dimwitted as RET, because it proves your undying, eternal (almost sexual worship) form of devotion to your earthly leader. Whom you follow with such fervour you are ready to defy the entire Flat Earth, by pretending to believe in the lies of your cowardly leader.

That's what it symbolises. The symbolic conquest of the Earth, by holding it all at once, like you hold oranges or any round piece of something.

And most of you and your RET herd of sheeple are so far reduced to ignorance and unintelligence, by the vast amount of peasant heritage in your ancestry, that you have little chance to have had an intelligent FET believer in your ranks.

For example, in Europe. No one here has any proof the earth isn't flat. They just teach it in schools, like geography, history, maths, physics, chemistry, information, and so many others. When they're not even supposed to, they throw it in there, to further push their slimey agenda.

Do they prove this? Ever? Are they ... are they ever going to? If you ask any school teacher in Europe if they can literally prove the Earth isn't Flat .... do you think they will?

No. Zero chance of that happening. In all of bloody Europe, there isn't a simple person who teaches young slaves the RET Dogma who goes beyond fanatical worship of RET, to actually take the time to prove it. Or at least disprove FET, while they're at it.

Imagine that. All that stupid blaggardey civilisation and all their stupid failed empires aren't even capable, with all their massive resources .... to prove the Earth isn't Flat.

Basically this is just like the Medieval Ages, when they first sought to impose their RET idiocy. Only they have better painters now.

Before this, they had to hire painters and other such useless artists, to paint their lies, for others to be able to understand them. Imagine that.

Only you won't. You will never admit your cretinous Dogma was not even taken seriously by it's RET "suggestors" who also cannot even prove now, in the so called "21st century". That FET is "wrong", or RET "righter than right".

In fact, it's those same piglets that investigated ways for themselves to fly. It's not like anyone can just build an air craft, jump on it, hover above the world and prove it's flat. Nope.

Only the ones who tyranically control these things sought to promote their RET lies. Which is why most air crafts were devised in the first place. To get idiots, not much unlike yourself, to swallow their bile.

Again, I ask you from this very earth you stand upon. Can you prove, from the surface of this very earth you're currently ON, that it isn't flat?

Of course not.

Can you prove from the sea, the sea and earth aren't flat? Of course not.

Can you prove from the air, the sea, earth and air aren't also flat? Of course not.

Your impotence stinks to High Heaven. Little RET piglets should know their place. Lest they become bacon 'pon my Christmas table.

I thank you.
We shall have a magnificent orgy garden party & you're not invited

« Reply #535 on: December 26, 2011, 12:30:34 PM »
Is it possible church teocracies, educators and other forms of medieval education are the very ones that promoted this RET myth in the first place?

Since education began with empires, it's intention was to convert many feeble young minds. By feeding them such lies as you currently operate.

The ammount of vomit peddled by educators in imperialist dogmatic cults such as Britain, Spain, France, Austria, Russia .... was beyond your ability to swallow.

They are the only ones who created this shameless delusion. That is the meaning of that stupid ball they hold in a hand. They control your head, by forcing you to think their lie of rotundity. They hold both the key to that lie, a tiny round ballette in their hand. Holding it, like the fate of the cultist idiots who worship RET.

Or the most likely scenario where RET was only accepted by the larger mass of peasants and commoners, whom contrary to all fantasy and fiction, were not the innocent, victims and moralistic good hearted individuals you see in every fanfiction movie about the Medieval or Fantasy ages.

They were in fact, imperialistic idiots, whom eagerly embraced any lie, even something as dimwitted as RET, because it proves your undying, eternal (almost sexual worship) form of devotion to your earthly leader. Whom you follow with such fervour you are ready to defy the entire Flat Earth, by pretending to believe in the lies of your cowardly leader.

That's what it symbolises. The symbolic conquest of the Earth, by holding it all at once, like you hold oranges or any round piece of something.

And most of you and your RET herd of sheeple are so far reduced to ignorance and unintelligence, by the vast amount of peasant heritage in your ancestry, that you have little chance to have had an intelligent FET believer in your ranks.

For example, in Europe. No one here has any proof the earth isn't flat. They just teach it in schools, like geography, history, maths, physics, chemistry, information, and so many others. When they're not even supposed to, they throw it in there, to further push their slimey agenda.

Do they prove this? Ever? Are they ... are they ever going to? If you ask any school teacher in Europe if they can literally prove the Earth isn't Flat .... do you think they will?

No. Zero chance of that happening. In all of bloody Europe, there isn't a simple person who teaches young slaves the RET Dogma who goes beyond fanatical worship of RET, to actually take the time to prove it. Or at least disprove FET, while they're at it.

Imagine that. All that stupid blaggardey civilisation and all their stupid failed empires aren't even capable, with all their massive resources .... to prove the Earth isn't Flat.

Basically this is just like the Medieval Ages, when they first sought to impose their RET idiocy. Only they have better painters now.

Before this, they had to hire painters and other such useless artists, to paint their lies, for others to be able to understand them. Imagine that.

Only you won't. You will never admit your cretinous Dogma was not even taken seriously by it's RET "suggestors" who also cannot even prove now, in the so called "21st century". That FET is "wrong", or RET "righter than right".

In fact, it's those same piglets that investigated ways for themselves to fly. It's not like anyone can just build an air craft, jump on it, hover above the world and prove it's flat. Nope.

Only the ones who tyranically control these things sought to promote their RET lies. Which is why most air crafts were devised in the first place. To get idiots, not much unlike yourself, to swallow their bile.

Again, I ask you from this very earth you stand upon. Can you prove, from the surface of this very earth you're currently ON, that it isn't flat?

Of course not.

Can you prove from the sea, the sea and earth aren't flat? Of course not.

Can you prove from the air, the sea, earth and air aren't also flat? Of course not.

Your impotence stinks to High Heaven. Little RET piglets should know their place. Lest they become bacon 'pon my Christmas table.

I thank you.

Lol, the first documented arguments for a round Earth started with the ancient Greeks, not the middle ages. There was no "RET lie" for people to accept, they took the experiments that had been done before and the evidence available since 500 BC and made the logical assessment that the Earth is indeed round. Of course today this fact has been proven without a doubt by innumerable methods and experiments.

I believe that's check-mate  8)
You, sir, can't comprehend the idea of bottoms.

zarg

« Reply #536 on: December 26, 2011, 12:32:13 PM »
Will someone please just let Silverdane into FEB already and close the door?

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #537 on: December 26, 2011, 12:36:38 PM »
Ignore him. He's just Levee's alt.

why a formula for projecting one axis from an arbitrary point on RET's sphere just happens to be the accurate FET reality for both axes.

I'm still not really sure what you mean by this. What formula?

zarg

« Reply #538 on: December 26, 2011, 12:55:36 PM »
This one.

The formula is vitally dependent on the assumption that Earth is a sphere. Any map using this formula, which yours is just one of many, is accurate. This is impossible with anything but a sphere.

« Reply #539 on: December 30, 2011, 02:18:37 AM »
Every single flat earth map seems to be bent or distorted in a way that you would expect if it was actually a 2d projection of a 3d world. FISHY AINT IT, flat earthers?!?!