Comment on the alleged conspiracy

• 40 Replies

El Cid

• ...And the truth shall set you free.
Comment on the alleged conspiracy
« on: October 28, 2011, 05:16:29 PM »
I offer this hypothesis, humbly in the name of the FET.

Now, even if NASA is lying and telling us that the Earth is spherical (even though it's flat), couldn't it still be possible, by the flat Earth model, to go to the moon anyway (seeing as it is allegedly spherical)?

In fact, what if we actually did go to the moon, and the only thing they're lying about is the shape?

"But why would they do that?" you may ask.

Well, this goes better with my other conspiracy theory, about how the three superstates are ruled from behind the scenes by a secret society.  They give an excuse to waste tons of money on things like space programs, and nuclear weapons, to avoid increasing the quality of life.

They lie about the shape of the Earth to stop us from thinking to hard, to have our view of the world completely shattered, and perhaps *gasp* think!

That is all.

Re: Comment on the alleged conspiracy
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 03:53:01 AM »
FE only work if space travel is not possible, therefore space travel doesn't exist!
“The Earth looks flat, therefore it is” FEers wisdom.

?

Thork

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 03:54:33 AM »
FE only work if space travel is not possible, therefore space travel doesn't exist!
Incorrect. FET only prohibits orbit. Not out of atmosphere travel.

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 03:56:45 AM »
It doesn't mean it's not possible!

And furthermore, why forbid something which would disprove FET?

?

The Knowledge

• FE'ers don't do experiments. It costs too much.
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 07:40:27 AM »

How can a theory order people not to do something? FET prevents choice now, does it?
Watermelon, Rhubarb Rhubarb, no one believes the Earth is Flat, Peas and Carrots,  walla.

?

Thork

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2011, 07:47:34 AM »
Can a mod put this thread out of its misery? Explaining FET is one thing, explaining English is another.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2011, 08:33:02 AM »
What would appear to be an orbit would be obtainable in some FE models. fe theory prevents sustained spaceflight, not out of atmosphere travel or orbit.

Explaining English is not a reason to lock a thread.  Many who don't speak perfect English are still allowed here...

A theory doesn't order people not to do it, but if the theory is correct then those people will find said action impossible.

The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

?

Thork

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2011, 08:38:20 AM »
I wasn't asking to lock it. I was asking it be punted to RM. This thread won't go anywhere, but its your call.

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2011, 09:10:14 AM »

the sun and moon and stars are in orbit, why cant a space ship?
another typical faqqer response., Believe it or not space travel is quite possible, and so is a disc earth,
if anything should be brought to RM is conspiracy talk.

?

The Knowledge

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2011, 11:32:18 AM »
I wasn't asking to lock it. I was asking it be punted to RM. This thread won't go anywhere, but its your call.

You want it brought there in a boat?  ???
How can this happen?
Watermelon, Rhubarb Rhubarb, no one believes the Earth is Flat, Peas and Carrots,  walla.

?

Vongeo

• Official Member
  • I don't get it either.
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2011, 11:38:22 AM »
I think this thread has just strayed from the OP.

I'd like to entertain the Idea of Alternative NASA motives, for I've brought this up my self of other occasions.
Vongeo is a wanker, he wears a wanker hat; he always smells like urine and he thinks the Earth is flat.

No longer is this sentence is cut in half. Jekra!

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2011, 11:51:02 AM »
I like the idea that NASA rules the other space agencies, governments and scientists.

Try harder.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2011, 12:12:12 PM »

Now, even if NASA is lying and telling us that the Earth is spherical (even though it's flat), couldn't it still be possible, by the flat Earth model, to go to the moon anyway (seeing as it is allegedly spherical)?

In fact, what if we actually did go to the moon, and the only thing they're lying about is the shape?

Well, this goes better with my other conspiracy theory, about how the three superstates are ruled from behind the scenes by a secret society.  They give an excuse to waste tons of money on things like space programs, and nuclear weapons, to avoid increasing the quality of life.

They lie about the shape of the Earth to stop us from thinking to hard, to have our view of the world completely shattered, and perhaps *gasp* think!

That is all.
I doubt they are lying about anything.  They are just mistaken.  IF they don't know rock from wood, I doubt they know spherical from flat.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2011, 12:42:33 PM »
I doubt they are lying about anything.  They are just mistaken.  IF they don't know rock from wood, I doubt they know spherical from flat.

How can NASA be "mistaken" about sending men to the moon?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2011, 12:44:34 PM »

That is all.
John isn't more likely that NASA scientists do know the difference between wood and rock, and spherical from flat. After all the billions of dollars they have spent, and years working. NASA are either good liars or fools. I for one do not believe they are fools.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

?

Archibald

• mans reach exceeds his grasp
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2011, 09:50:55 AM »

the sun and moon and stars are in orbit, why cant a space ship?
another typical faqqer response., Believe it or not space travel is quite possible, and so is a disc earth,
if anything should be brought to RM is conspiracy talk.

NASA/WSC conducts, and has conducted their operations based on the geoid being the geoid.  All of there math and calculations are based upon the geoid, and sometimes its distances from other celestial entities.  This was much needed for the apollo 13 rescue.   To say there is no conspiracy in regards to the  flat earth, would we accepth their distance from the earth to moon, sun, ect?   
For whatever reason you allow Clocktower to derail any thread Archibald posts in.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2011, 09:58:44 AM »

That is all.
John isn't more likely that NASA scientists do know the difference between wood and rock, and spherical from flat. After all the billions of dollars they have spent, and years working. NASA are either good liars or fools. I for one do not believe they are fools.
Either one would be 100% likely if either is true.

Unfortunately, their track record doesn't really shine.  They've killed a slew of national heros, given other countries wood claiming it was from the moon, been discovered to have had cocaine in their facilities, have had instances of insanity (such as an employee driving cross country in a diaper), and can't even keep their own books.   If they can't even do the math of a business major, its no wonder so many had to die.

They have simply found a model that is close enough to reality in numbers, but does not accurately represent what is going on really. 

?

The Knowledge

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2011, 10:09:21 AM »
They've killed a slew of national heros,
Care to list this "slew" of heroes?
have had instances of insanity (such as an employee driving cross country in a diaper)
So has the US postal service. So has the British National Health Service. So has Barnes and Noble. So has the music industry. Need I go on? I could.
and can't even keep their own books.
But they can, unlike other people I won't mention, write and publish their own books.  ;)

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2011, 10:21:57 AM »

They aren't...

?

Archibald

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2011, 11:08:54 AM »

They aren't...

As I stated above, it follows that they also are not mistaken of the distance to the moon, sun, ect.  Also the gravitational pull of both the moon and the earth as was needed for consideration during the apollo 13 rescue.
For whatever reason you allow Clocktower to derail any thread Archibald posts in.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2011, 11:42:03 AM »

They aren't...

Then it must be that they are lying, in direct contradiction to your earlier statement.  Or, it must be that they did indeed send men to the moon, in direct contradiction to just about every FE'er and moon conspiracy theorist.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2011, 03:36:39 PM »

They aren't...

Then it must be that they are lying, in direct contradiction to your earlier statement.  Or, it must be that they did indeed send men to the moon, in direct contradiction to just about every FE'er and moon conspiracy theorist.
As you know, I am not a fan of "conspiracy theory."  I'd rather choose to believe NASA is stupid, as the evidence points towards, rather than evil.  Conversation should seldom be about "the conspiracy" but instead be about flat earth theory itself, I feel, even if there is a conspiracy out there waiting.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2011, 06:09:01 PM »
As you know, I am not a fan of "conspiracy theory."  I'd rather choose to believe NASA is stupid, as the evidence points towards, rather than evil.  Conversation should seldom be about "the conspiracy" but instead be about flat earth theory itself, I feel, even if there is a conspiracy out there waiting.

Fine, then how would you propose that NASA landed 12 men on the moon if there is no conspiracy?  Or did the astronauts land somewhere else and they were just too stupid to realize it?

PizzaPlanet

• Now available in stereo
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2011, 06:30:01 PM »
They landed on the moon and observed the illuminated portion of the Earth in all its majesty. Duh.
hacking your precious forum as we speak 8) 8) 8)

El Cid

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2011, 08:44:07 PM »
They landed on the moon and observed the illuminated portion of the Earth in all its majesty. Duh.
In my opinion, not very majestic, but that's me.  Also, they didn't see the unilluminated portion of the Earth?  Why not?  We RE'ers can.

PizzaPlanet

• Now available in stereo
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2011, 09:06:30 PM »
In what way is this unilluminated?
hacking your precious forum as we speak 8) 8) 8)

El Cid

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2011, 09:10:03 PM »
Oh, nothing.

?

Archibald

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2011, 09:18:21 PM »
In my opinion, not very majestic, but that's me.  Also, they didn't see the unilluminated portion of the Earth?  Why not?  We RE'ers can.

Just the sort of counter I would expect from an advocate of the absurd ellipsoid earth theory.

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2011, 03:46:27 PM »

The sun isn't shining on it  ;D
You, sir, can't comprehend the idea of bottoms.

El Cid

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2011, 09:11:46 PM »
You tell me.  You're the one who says the astronauts can't see that part, only the sunlit part.  Not only that, but they can see stars on the covered spot.  Are city lights at night not real?  Is that part of the conspiracy too?  Now, think carefully now:  you seem to advocate that there is no conspiracy.

Plus, night and day are both semicircles, separated by the diameter, or a line of

Just the sort of counter I would expect from an advocate of the absurd ellipsoid earth theory.
You mean oblate spheroid?  Oblate meaning wider at the equator (prolate would be wider at the poles) due to Earth's spinning (oh hey, there's another distortion on your map), and spheroid meaning almost a sphere.  Ellipsoid is just nonsense.  That's, like, an oval sphere.