I don't understand

• 12 Replies
I don't understand
« on: November 15, 2011, 07:21:05 AM »
In this day and age with the numerous amount of tech we have, how can someone still say the earth is flat and honestly believe it, unless they have never stayed up for a day straight or looked at the stars at night.
I read your FAQ and not a whole lot makes sense.
I am a huge science geek, I love a good theory as much as the next person but it has to make a little bit of sense and have some standing in a scientific view.
I have honestly thought of crazier theories that make more sense than this one and can almost be proven by science.
It takes more work to come up with scientific facts that support your theory than to disprove it.

For instance I am sure it has been mentioned...

How is it that you don't believe in satellites yet you use them everyday with cellphones and internet, not to mention if you go buy a good scope you can see them in space with your own eye's.
You can also see them with out a scope at night sometimes.

How can you go in one direction and not fall off the earth? or go in one direction and arrive back at your destination? (I know your theory, but instead of asking me to prove that I didn't just go in a circle, how about you give me a documented case of people falling off the earth.)
People fly around the world in  planes every day, not to mention the exact amount of time and distance around the earth has been calculated and documented... and even flown by amelia earhart.

If I am going to entertain the idea that a theory could be true I need more than a "Well, I guess it could be this." (Something you thought of in that exact moment, BS basically.)
I need at least a couple of good hard main facts supporting the idea.

People can go to school and learn to be a satellite technician/maker.
Why would you go to 10+ years for a job that doesn't exist? (10 Years is just a guess, I have no real idea of how long it takes to become a satalite tech.)

I would think if you were a person with any brains at all that you wouldn't have any doubt at all about the earths roundness.
(I am not trying to offend anyone, I just find it very hard to understand how anyone can believe something that has so much proof against it. A lot more than what I have thought of so far.)

I have no doubt that the government hides shit from us but the shape of the earth is not one of them.
They don't make shit on the space program in the big scheme of things.
They spend money on researching really redundant things and don't lie to us about it, what purpose would it serve them to hide the shape of the planet from us?

It serves absolutely no purpose. They are working on developing a cheap (fuel efficient) way to get to space to monetize on all that room up their. They have more to gain with the earth being round than flat money wise. (And I don't mean us thinking it's round, I mean because it is actually round.)

They have made a working hyper drive engine, that runs on dark matter. Dark matter costs way too much to produce to actually make it a plausible idea at this moment in time.
Why would they do such a thing if they didn't intend to eventually use it?

How can they keep 7+ billion people from finding out the truth if it is actually flat?

The world does not completely cooperate on anything, what keeps other countries from talking about it?

Japans government for example withholds nothing from their public people which is why they are much more technologically advanced than the USA.

This theory doesn't just have a couple of holes in it like most, it looks like a freaking strainer with the amount of holes in it.

I will be waiting to hear your flimsy answers to my questions, so I can poke even more holes in it.
The above reason is my only interest in this theory.

Re: I don't understand
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 06:20:05 PM »
No one is able to explain away anything I said?
No one is even going to try?

Come on someone ought to be able to come up with something.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 06:58:34 PM »
Perhaps you should try reading the FAQ.  Then you could try lurking for a while.  I promise you that most, if not all, of your questions either have been or are currently being discussed in other threads.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 07:57:43 PM »
Perhaps you should try reading the FAQ.  Then you could try lurking for a while.  I promise you that most, if not all, of your questions either have been or are currently being discussed in other threads.

I don't really think he needs to.  I mean, I've read all the FAQ's and junk (though it's been a while) just because I found it humorous... but... he doesn't need to prove to himself the world is flat.  The world is round.  It... you know, it IS!  I think he's trying to get other people to realize the truth.  How can someone come here and be like, "y'all's theory sucks, but I'm really interested in understanding it."  The world is round.  I don't need to understand flat earth junk science to reinforce that theory.
...does anyone find it funny that the Flat Earth model is actually round?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 08:38:10 PM »
If her were to familiarize himself with the FAQ and review other threads, then perhaps he wouldn't feel the need to start yet another thread with the same questions that either have been or are currently being discussed.

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 08:44:17 PM »
If her were to familiarize himself with the FAQ and review other threads, then perhaps he wouldn't feel the need to start yet another thread with the same questions that either have been or are currently being discussed.

But, what I'm saying is... he is a RE'er.  He's not interested in becoming a FE'er.  I actually have this problem when visiting forums with a simple question... When people have simple questions on a complex subject, why do they need to understand the subject IN FULL before asking questions when they can just... ask... and get an answer?

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 08:49:45 PM »

But, what I'm saying is... he is a RE'er.  He's not interested in becoming a FE'er.  I actually have this problem when visiting forums with a simple question... When people have simple questions on a complex subject, why do they need to understand the subject IN FULL before asking questions when they can just... ask... and get an answer?

Why exactly should we be expected to answer these questions fifty times a week when there's an FAQ that already answers them?  Do you think this is a paying job?
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2011, 09:22:03 PM »

First of all, whether or not he's interested in becoming an FE'er is completely irrelevant.  Secondly, he didn't just ask one simple question.  He asked a lot of questions that come up all the time.  If he (or you) are truly interested in learning about FET, then it really isn't asking too much to at least try to get up to speed on the topic first, is it?

?

Mr Pseudonym

• Official Member
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2011, 10:26:57 PM »
Japans government for example withholds nothing from their public people which is why they are much more technologically advanced than the USA.
Please provide supporting evidence.
Why do we fall back to earth? Because our weight pushes us down, no laws, no gravity pulling us. It is the law of intelligence.

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2011, 04:10:16 AM »
Please provide supporting evidence.
Why should I have to provide supporting evidence when the topic of flat earth has no true supporting evidence either.
I couldn't provide evidence of what I said because I have no idea where I learned that from, could have been a movie for all I know.
Anyway, my point is what evidence do you have that is sufficient enough to support the theory of the earth being flat?

What makes you believe it?

Something someone said on the internet so it must be true?
Wiki?
Nothing to say that it isn't flat so it must be? (That's like saying "I haven't seen the moon but people say it is white but I don't believe them so it must be red.)
So what is it?

Everyone here keeps asking me to provide proof that the earth is round but when provided with such proof they dis-guard it as fraud.
You have to be pretty ignorant to actually believe a theory like this one.
I am just asking you to provide the same proof that you are asking me for in a reversed role.
If my proof is not good enough for you then provide me proof of what you say is true.

BTW for those telling me to read the FAQ, if you actually really read my initial argument you would know that I said in there that I read it.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 04:12:46 AM by Jaymond »

PizzaPlanet

• Now available in stereo
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2011, 05:13:42 AM »
What makes you believe it?
Personal observation and not taking everything someone said on the Internet (e.g. the Earth is round) for granted.

BTW for those telling me to read the FAQ, if you actually really read my initial argument you would know that I said in there that I read it.
They all say that.
hacking your precious forum as we speak 8) 8) 8)

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2011, 05:42:09 AM »
Quote from: PizzaPlanet link=topic=51785.msg1269675#msg1269675
Personal observation and not taking everything someone said on the Internet (e.g. the Earth is round) for granted.
[/quote

Funny, that's EXACTLY why I believe in a round earth and not you numbskulls! :P

PizzaPlanet

• Now available in stereo
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2011, 05:53:55 AM »
Feel free to present your case, preferably without weaving a poorly-constructed insult into each of your half-witted sentences.
hacking your precious forum as we speak 8) 8) 8)