Other planets faces

• 20 Replies
Other planets faces
« on: September 24, 2006, 04:13:11 AM »
According to FE, the Earth is light up by a "flat sun". I wonder what the other planets in our galaxy are light up from, since they have no flat suns of their own?
quot;Earth is flat because there is a conspiracy, and there is a conspiracy because the Earth is flat" - Makes sense, duh.

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=2955.0

?

britishgent

• Eli, Eli Lama Sabachthani?
Other planets faces
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 04:19:14 AM »
i agree
Global warming: Liberal hoax
The earth is not getting warmer after all; the effect is really just the prevalence of air conditioning. It just seems warmer when we go outside.

Other planets faces
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2006, 04:21:07 AM »
Quote from: "britishgent"
has anyone said that they dont have suns of their own?? if they did we probly wudnt c them

Telescopesdot

edit:
Please post serious answers from now on.
quot;Earth is flat because there is a conspiracy, and there is a conspiracy because the Earth is flat" - Makes sense, duh.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
Other planets faces
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2006, 05:00:20 AM »
They emit their own light through contact with the Universal Accelerator. Earth emits light too (only from the bottom, where it too is in contact). We can't tell if other planets have Suns or not, because all the ones we can see are "above" us (we only see the light emitted from their undersides).
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

Other planets faces
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2006, 05:00:42 AM »
Clearly they emit their own light

Other planets faces
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2006, 05:15:07 AM »
Quote from: "Dogplatter"
They emit their own light through contact with the Universal Accelerator. Earth emits light too (only from the bottom, where it too is in contact). We can't tell if other planets have Suns or not, because all the ones we can see are "above" us (we only see the light emitted from their undersides).

..Yes? You may continue..?

1. What is this "Universal accelerator"?
2. Rock cannot emit light.

Other planets faces
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2006, 05:16:56 AM »
Quote from: "Xargo"

It can if its covered in florescent paint and shiny stuff
It is proven:  Computer Geeks shall inherit the earth.
Pr00f you say:  look who's using a PC!!!

beast

Other planets faces
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2006, 05:17:46 AM »
pwned by a 13 year old  :shock: lol

;)

Other planets faces
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2006, 05:19:11 AM »
Quote from: "st_jimmy"

It can if its covered in florescent paint and shiny stuff

The Earth is not covered in florescent paint nor "shiny stuff".

Other planets faces
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2006, 05:22:12 AM »
you never mentioned the earth. You just said that Rock cant emit light. And as well all know - the earth and rock arent the same thing

Other planets faces
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2006, 05:22:28 AM »
Quote from: "Dogplatter"

Do you actually believe that? As you type it, are you not laughing? I mean, come on...

What is a universal accelerator?

Other planets faces
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2006, 05:32:38 AM »

Perhaps you should look up "Magma" at wikipedia

Other planets faces
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2006, 06:22:47 AM »
Quote from: "texta"

Perhaps you should look up "Magma" at wikipedia

Please don't use wikipedia as a source, it is quickly becoming universially known as unreliable.

beast

Other planets faces
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2006, 06:45:40 AM »
lol, well look up magma anywhere else.

Is it really relevent if wikipedia is reliable?  Surely you know what magma is?

Other planets faces
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2006, 06:56:46 AM »
I rephrase the statement:

Earth do not emit light.

Other planets faces
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2006, 07:04:14 AM »
Alright guys, drop it.  Stop trying to poke fun just to avoid the topic.

I've heard Dogplatters "Contact with Universal Accelerator" explination before, and for the most part it's a clever explination.  Celestial bodies emit light only from the bottom where they come in contact with the U.A., and that is why objects above us appear illuminated.  But there is one observation that this theory doesn't account for.

The planets Mercury, Venus, and to a lesser extent, Mars.

Most of the planets in our solar system out very far outside Earth's orbit, and so, for all intents and purposes, they always appear fully illuminated.  But Mercury and Venus, the two planets that RE'ers say are inside of Earths orbit, go through full phases, just like the moon.  Mars, does this too, but to a lesser extent.

But what bothered me is that these phases always match perfectlly with what is predicted by the heliocentric and RE theory, and the UA idea does not account for this.  Isn't it just to big a coincidence that the two planets inside Earths orbit just happen to have this anomoly with their UAs?  This is a very large hole in Dogplatters theory, and I think enough to render it incorrect.
"The earth looks flat; therefore it is flat."
-Flat Earthers

"Triangle ABC looks isosceles; therefore . . ."
-3rd grade geometry student

Other planets faces
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2006, 07:42:03 AM »
This theory is utter nonsense. Get a telescope and watch the surfaces of planets on different occasions. Not only will  you see the planets rotating (since they are round), but the shadows of terrain will bend and differ from time to time accordingly to the direction of the sun.

I could also throw up celestial eclipses as an argument, but I'm too afraid that FE'ers would turn this thread into a pie-throwing competition in its stead.

Other planets faces
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2006, 08:36:31 AM »
what are celetrial eclipses???     :D

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
Other planets faces
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2006, 10:17:46 AM »

Earth do not emit light.

Sure it does.  The sun heats up the surface, the surface emits light.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

?

Nomad

• Official Member
Other planets faces
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2006, 10:34:10 AM »
Why do the other planets move through the sky, then?  According to the FE model, apparantly the earth is rushing up, but it does not say anything about moving horizontally?  According to the FE theories, wouldnt' that be destructive?  We might lurch horizontally, and all be thrown miles to the east?

In either case, we would surely notice an accelleration in another direction.  Why would the other planets be able to effectively revolve in other directions, but ours not?

Just curious, really.
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

Other planets faces
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2006, 02:09:15 PM »
Quote from: "TheEngineer"

Earth do not emit light.

Sure it does.  The sun heats up the surface, the surface emits light.

Okay. Mars and jupiter emits light too, but they have no suns of their own. Explain.