On perspective

• 82 Replies
?

Part of the Problem

• The Liberal
On perspective
« on: October 26, 2011, 12:36:51 PM »
Can someone (perhaps Tom) explain to me how the rising sun can cast a shadow of a mountain on the bottom of clouds if Rowbotham's explanation of perspective is correct? 

See:

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2011/10/26/the-long-shadow-of-mt-rainier/
By eliminating all present contradicting possibilities you would arrive at the present truth. It's impossible to arrive at a future truth.

Re: On perspective
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 02:00:35 PM »
Can someone (perhaps Tom) explain to me how the rising sun can cast a shadow of a mountain on the bottom of clouds if Rowbotham's explanation of perspective is correct? 

See:

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2011/10/26/the-long-shadow-of-mt-rainier/

Very good find, but pictures and video that show a RE arent accepted at the FES. Only theorys/pictures/sketches and video that agree with a FE are ever accepted by any FE member or troll. Epic find btw.
Ice wall ninja

?

Part of the Problem

• The Liberal
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 02:51:00 PM »
Thanks, I've been here before and that's not very helpful.
By eliminating all present contradicting possibilities you would arrive at the present truth. It's impossible to arrive at a future truth.

?

dim

• More overpowered than Aristotel.
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 02:55:55 AM »

And what is wrong with that picture? Shows flatness.

?

Part of the Problem

• The Liberal
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 03:03:40 AM »

Did I say there was something wrong with it?  I just don't see how it is possible on a flat earth without bendy light.  Specifically, I believe it is evidence against Rowbotham's perspective explanation.  I'm just looking for someone who believes in Rowbotham's explanation of perspective (like Tom) to explain how it is possible.

?

dim

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 04:17:12 AM »

Did I say there was something wrong with it?  I just don't see how it is possible on a flat earth without bendy light.  Specifically, I believe it is evidence against Rowbotham's perspective explanation.  I'm just looking for someone who believes in Rowbotham's explanation of perspective (like Tom) to explain how it is possible.

What is bendy light?They light that curves?

And how it is possible on the flat earth? Sun is far away and rays it emits are obstructed by the mountain which makes a shadow...  Direct straight rays, why it would bend in this picture or on the flat earth?

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 04:49:10 AM »

Bendy light is a cop-out often used to explain the fact that physics only works on a round Earth.

?

Part of the Problem

• The Liberal
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 05:09:39 AM »
Just to try to stay on topic, this isn't about bendy light.  It's about perspective. 

See:

?

dim

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2011, 05:26:05 AM »
Just to try to stay on topic, this isn't about bendy light.  It's about perspective. 

See:

Perspective makes sun to appear for an eye at the eye level and even at below eye level. It is just a visual effects. So, the very peak of a mountain obstructs the light (the effect of light) and makes a shadow on bottom of clouds. What discrepancy you see here?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2011, 05:43:52 AM »
Perspective does not tell how the sun appears to move from the eastern horizon to the western one.  Using only perspective, the sun would be far off, then get larger and larger, circle around behind you, and then move off into the distance, getting smaller and smaller the whole time.

?

dim

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2011, 05:49:16 AM »
Perspective does not tell how the sun appears to move from the eastern horizon to the western one.  Using only perspective, the sun would be far off, then get larger and larger, circle around behind you, and then move off into the distance, getting smaller and smaller the whole time.

At least sun's glare is really getting larger and larger and then smaller and smaller. And we, with our eyes, cannot notice the "body" of the Sun. Never observed it in the telescope with sunlight filter for a significant amout of time thou.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2011, 05:51:45 AM »

At least sun's glare is really getting larger and larger and then smaller and smaller. And we, with our eyes, cannot notice the "body" of the Sun. Never observed it in the telescope with sunlight filter for a significant amout of time thou.

I am not exactly sure what you are saying, but I think you are saying that the size of the sun is not always the same.  Perspective does not account for the position of the sun, though.  It would only account for the size.

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2011, 06:02:08 AM »
the whole "flock of seagulls" setting sun has been debunked and will be removed from the FAQ.

thank you for the photo, it is beautiful...

?

dim

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2011, 06:14:55 AM »

I am not exactly sure what you are saying, but I think you are saying that the size of the sun is not always the same.  Perspective does not account for the position of the sun, though.  It would only account for the size.

Perspective would change everything - position, size... perceived speed, color.

And on this picture mountain obstruct the light, so the shadow casts on everything behind the mountain, and on the bottom of the clouds too.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2011, 06:46:18 AM »

Perspective would change everything - position, size... perceived speed, color.

And on this picture mountain obstruct the light, so the shadow casts on everything behind the mountain, and on the bottom of the clouds too.

Perspective accounts for the size and relative position (due to their size) of things.  Perspective can not be used to prove the bending of light.

?

Nolhekh

• Animator
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2011, 07:26:31 AM »

And how it is possible on the flat earth? Sun is far away and rays it emits are obstructed by the mountain which makes a shadow...  Direct straight rays, why it would bend in this picture or on the flat earth?
On a flat earth, light rays from the sun are always going down.  To be cast on the bottom of clouds, they'd have to be going up.

?

Part of the Problem

• The Liberal
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2011, 07:31:17 AM »

See:

Perspective makes sun to appear for an eye at the eye level and even at below eye level. It is just a visual effects. So, the very peak of a mountain obstructs the light (the effect of light) and makes a shadow on bottom of clouds. What discrepancy you see here?

The discrepancy I see here is thus:

The sun is over 2000 miles above the clouds, which are above the mountain.   Not only do I not understand how the sun can light the bottom of the clouds (being that is above them), I don't understand how it can project a shadow of the mountain on the underside of the clouds.

Conker

• Official FES jerk / kneebiter
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2011, 07:31:49 AM »
[quote:] [Thread] [/quote]

Answer: Bendy Light.

Thatīs all folks
This is not a joke society.
Quote from: OpenedEyes
You shouldn't be allowed to talk on a free discussion forum.

?

Part of the Problem

• The Liberal
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2011, 07:39:58 AM »
[Thread]

Answer: Bendy Light.

Thatīs all folks

Again, this thread isn't about bendy light.  There are people out there who swear light doesn't bend and the earth is flat.  I'd like to know how this can happen within those parameters.

Conker

• Official FES jerk / kneebiter
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2011, 07:46:19 AM »
FEīers are like a bunch of little boys trying to convince each other they have superpowers. They try to explain why they can see through walls, saying they have X-ray vision. When somebody ask why they donīt kill people by the radiation, they say "thatīs because itīs very little powered!" which contradcts the first affirmation. Also, they donīt need to have common theories, as they are not scientists 
This is not a joke society.
Quote from: OpenedEyes
You shouldn't be allowed to talk on a free discussion forum.

?

Part of the Problem

• The Liberal
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2011, 08:23:23 AM »
FEīers are like a bunch of little boys trying to convince each other they have superpowers. They try to explain why they can see through walls, saying they have X-ray vision. When somebody ask why they donīt kill people by the radiation, they say "thatīs because itīs very little powered!" which contradcts the first affirmation. Also, they donīt need to have common theories, as they are not scientists

Okay, I'd just like to keep this on topic.  I feel like if we can eliminate certain models of FE, it will be a step in the right direction towards a unified model.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2011, 04:56:21 PM »

See:

Light is reflected from the earth back towards the clouds. I'm not sure why this is difficult for you to consider.
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

?

Nolhekh

• Animator
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2011, 05:14:37 PM »

See:

Light is reflected from the earth back towards the clouds. I'm not sure why this is difficult for you to consider.

I have seen light reflect off of lakes onto the bottom of a cloud, but never this bright.

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2011, 05:33:33 PM »
"The rising Sun catches the peak, and the shadow is cast on the underside of the cloud layer."

« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 05:36:41 PM by AndersonG22 »
Ice wall ninja

?

Part of the Problem

• The Liberal
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2011, 07:42:20 AM »

See:

I have considered it and I never said it was difficult to consider.  It is difficult to believe as I've never seen sunlight reflect off the ground in that way.

« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2011, 07:28:26 AM »
Clearly the sun is below the clouds on this photo; it cannot be reflected light.
“The Earth looks flat, therefore it is” FEers wisdom.

Lord Xenu

• ALL HAIL XENU!
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2011, 07:44:38 AM »
Clearly the sun is below the clouds on this photo; it cannot be reflected light.
Only on a flat earth can the sun feasibly go beneath the clouds. However, personally, I highly doubt that the sun hangs that low above the earth.

« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2011, 07:46:49 AM »
Only on a round earth can the sun feasibly go beneath the clouds.

Lord Xenu

• ALL HAIL XENU!
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2011, 07:49:43 AM »
Incorrect. In the standard RE model, the sun is 92,955,887.6 miles from Earth.

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2011, 08:00:13 AM »
And?