Antarctica can melt??

• 42 Replies
Antarctica can melt??
« on: October 24, 2011, 01:16:51 AM »
if Earth is flat and Antarctica is a ring around the flat earth and the flat earth is tilted slightly to explain the different times in different places then would the top of Antarctica just melt. becuase some of the continent would be in the tropics?

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
Re: Antarctica can melt??
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 09:23:13 AM »
if Earth is flat and Antarctica is a ring around the flat earth and the flat earth is tilted slightly to explain the different times in different places then would the top of Antarctica just melt. becuase some of the continent would be in the tropics?
The earth is not tilted slightly to explain timezones.  The sun moves above the disk in a circular way.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

?

AlbertHall

• The Earth is Flat, so RE's get over it.
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 01:12:17 PM »
In some models, the "ice wall" is just a mountain range, just covered in ice, like Antarctica.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 01:40:25 PM »
I thought the tilting earth was used to explain tides, not time zones.

?

AlbertHall

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 02:02:12 PM »
I believe the tides and time zones work the same way as in the round Earth.

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 09:30:36 PM »

impossible because that would imply there is a force called gravity at work

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 01:33:06 AM »

impossible because that would imply there is a force called gravity at work
Gravity can exist on a flat earth.

PizzaPlanet

• Now available in stereo
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2011, 05:37:42 AM »
Gravity can exist on a flat earth.
And even models that assume no gravity on the Earth usually agree that gravity does work outside of the Earth.
hacking your precious forum as we speak 8) 8) 8)

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2011, 02:18:23 AM »
So a force working outside the Earth and not on the Earth? Do you have an explanation for this?
“The Earth looks flat, therefore it is” FEers wisdom.

?

AlbertHall

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2011, 02:24:25 AM »
So a force working outside the Earth and not on the Earth? Do you have an explanation for this?

Do you have an explanation for the forces that work outside of round Earth but not on it.

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2011, 02:36:10 AM »
I don't have an explaination why 4 out 5 fundamental forces should work everywhere and not the fifth one (gravity). It's contrary to all what we know of the physics laws.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2011, 11:15:18 AM »
Yes, Antarctica could melt due to planar warming, and we would all be in grave danger. The real conspiracy of so-called "GLOBAL" warming is to disguise the true disasterous danger of planar warming, by pretending there is a "globe" to be warmed. The only warm globes are the spherical scientist's brains, warm with mysteries and quackery. But there is a warm plain, and we live on it.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2011, 11:23:52 AM »
I don't have an explaination why 4 out 5 fundamental forces should work everywhere and not the fifth one (gravity). It's contrary to all what we know of the physics laws.

The fundamental forces don't work everywhere. Magnetism works on my refrigerator but not my closet door.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 11:25:25 AM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2011, 11:44:19 AM »
They work everywhere. They don't apply on eveything.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2011, 12:53:13 PM »

My closet is a where. Magnets don't work on it. They slide right off. Therefore magnetism doesn't work everywhere as claimed.

Quote from: EmperorZhark
They don't apply on eveything.

So who's to say that Gravity applies to everything of every physical property?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 12:55:06 PM by Tom Bishop »

?

momentia

• Light abhors a straight line.
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2011, 01:40:21 PM »

My closet is a where. Magnets don't work on it. They slide right off. Therefore magnetism doesn't work everywhere as claimed.

no one claim you could stick a magnet on your closet door. the closet door is not paramegnetic, so a magnetic field can't be induced in it. Thus the magnet will not stick to it.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2011, 02:04:42 PM »

no one claim you could stick a magnet on your closet door. the closet door is not paramegnetic, so a magnetic field can't be induced in it. Thus the magnet will not stick to it.

I think you just answered your own question.

Higher level thinking: it's what distinguishes us from monkeys.

?

momentia

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2011, 02:42:15 PM »

Electromagnetism applies to everything with a electric charge (like electrons/protons). Even if opposite charges are bound into a neutral system (like the neutron,) electromagnetic fields will affect the system.

According to FE, what properties of celestial objects and terrestrial objects govern their interaction by gravitation?
What is relation between those properties and the apparent force between the two objects?

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2011, 06:57:15 PM »

Great. I'm glad you agree with that the fundamental forces don't work everywhere as was claimed earlier in the thread.

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2011, 07:22:35 PM »

Great. I'm glad you agree with that the fundamental forces don't work everywhere as was claimed earlier in the thread.

Please refer to the following link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetic_levitation

Quote from: Wikipedia - Magnetic Levitation
A substance that is diamagnetic repels a magnetic field. All materials have diamagnetic properties, but the effect is very weak, and is usually overcome by the object's paramagnetic or ferromagnetic properties, which act in the opposite manner. Any material in which the diamagnetic component is strongest will be repelled by a magnet.

"All materials have diamagnetic properties, but the effect is very weak, and is usually overcome by the object's paramagnetic or ferromagnetic properties, which act in the opposite manner."

I'm sorry Tom, but everything is affected by electromagnetism:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetism

So our fundamental forces do work everywhere : )

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2011, 07:57:30 PM »
So our fundamental forces do work everywhere

Magnetic levitation doesn't work everywhere. I don't feel myself levitating.

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2011, 08:19:54 PM »

Let us build the appropriate electromagnetic device, apply the necessary power, and I'm sure you can validate that you too can be levitated by magnetism. But that would involve setting up an experiment to either validate or invalidate a scientific theory.... I'm not sure you are up to the task. Of course, instead of spending all of the money needed to build such a device, let us pay for you to enjoy a trip to the ISS.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 08:21:27 PM by EllipsoidEarthSupporter »

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2011, 09:02:26 PM »

Let us build the appropriate electromagnetic device, apply the necessary power, and I'm sure you can validate that you too can be levitated by magnetism. But that would involve setting up an experiment to either validate or invalidate a scientific theory.... I'm not sure you are up to the task. Of course, instead of spending all of the money needed to build such a device, let us pay for you to enjoy a trip to the ISS.

Oh, so magnetism only works under certain conditions and locations, and not "everywhere" as claimed.

Thanks for the support.

?

momentia

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2011, 09:16:24 PM »

Oh, so magnetism only works under certain conditions and locations, and not "everywhere" as claimed.

Thanks for the support.

Just because you can't experience it doesn't mean it isn't working. The inducted magnetic field in your closet is virtually nil with your magnet. That is predictable.

Electromagnetism works everywhere. It keeps atoms and molecules together, gives materials many of their physical properties, drives chemical reactions. It allows you to see things, feel things, hear things, smell things, taste things. That's pretty pervasive.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2011, 09:17:30 PM »

Thanks for the support.

Tom, this is not one of your best trolling efforts.  I think your skills are slipping.  I have seen you twist words, take things out of context, and infer meanings that don't exist like an artist in past debates.  However, to imply that magnetism does not exist at your closet because your closet door is not attracted to the magnet is just childish. 

Brush up and try to post again.  We support you, but you have to have faith in your self.  You will be the troll champ again.

« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2011, 09:22:06 PM »

Thanks for the support.

Surely you understand the differences between certain conditions, location, and the term everywhere? Let me explain.... If we build the appropriate device, it will work everywhere. It is not isolated to only work at certain locations but it only works when the conditions are met. The experiment shows us that all matter is affected by electromagnetism. Otherwise, matter would not levitate once these conditions are met.

I have read a lot of your posts Tom and I expected your reply to at least have some level of thought beyond that of an illiterate person who does not know how to process the words they have set forth to read. Please fully analyze the statements provided, instead of trying to dismiss the claims by trying to differentiate between the word location and "everywhere". Everywhere is simply defining a set which contains all locations from which my statements and the evidence I have provided will work. You are more than welcome to make a statement about conditions being met for electromagnetism to be made visually apparent, but that does not refute that all matter is affected by electromagnetism.

tisk.. tisk.. shame on you for not applying that witty logic I know you are capable of : )
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 09:43:07 PM by EllipsoidEarthSupporter »

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2011, 05:54:25 AM »

1) Have you got even a basic understanding of what I said? Do you know the difference between "everywhere" and "everything"?
2) Gravity Laws.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2011, 09:29:50 AM »

1) Have you got even a basic understanding of what I said? Do you know the difference between "everywhere" and "everything"?
2) Gravity Laws.
Gravity Laws?  Can you be more precise?

« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2011, 04:23:41 PM »
Gravity apply to objects with mass. Is it that complicated?

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2011, 04:29:49 PM »
Gravity apply to objects with mass. Is it that complicated?
Is English your first language?  I would be happy to translate my future posts if it would ease comprehension.

Why does gravity apply to objects with mass?  What says that this is always the case?  What about dark matter?  Is that not just a patchwork on an incomplete set of gravitational laws?

Why if they are incomplete (and also note mutually exclusive) and incorrect are you are so close minded by the idea that it affects some or most matter?