Pictures from space

• 55 Replies
Pictures from space
« on: September 23, 2006, 07:35:48 AM »
I know some of you think it's a massive conspiracy and i'm probably talking to a brick wall here but...

Pictures and videos from space of the earth turning on it axis. How can you explain it if it earth is flat?
Are all the other planets 2D as well?
Do the borg only move in straight lines?

I duno i'm just throwing everything open here, enquiring minds want to know.

Oh and someone else told me that you guys think the earth kinda sways from side to side, like a pirate ship?

Re: Pictures from space
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 07:39:01 AM »
Quote from: "Selling 230Q at $460"
I know some of you think it's a massive conspiracy and i'm probably talking to a brick wall here but...

Pictures and videos from space of the earth turning on it axis. How can you explain it if it earth is flat?

I duno i'm just throwing everything open here, enquiring minds want to know.

Oh and someone else told me that you guys think the earth kinda sways from side to side, like a pirate ship?

Didn't you know? Instead of sending stuff up there to film that, they invested it in advanced imaging software.

You need more evidence. Evidence which isn't faked. Like evidence the earth is flat. Anything else is faked.

Pictures from space
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 09:41:28 AM »
LOL
I repeat one of my earlier points somewhere in this forum, this whole concept and flat earth following remind of me the latter day saints movement.

?

EnragedPenguin

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2006, 09:48:15 AM »

Flat Earthers don't accept pictures as valid evidence, because they are too easy to fake. If I were to show you a picture of a flat Earth, would you believe the theory? Or, since you know Earth is round, would you just say the picture is fake?
A different world cannot be built by indifferent people.

Pictures from space
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2006, 09:57:51 AM »
Enraged Penguin,

If you submitted photographs that showed the Earth to be flat, we would not say "This photograph is faked because the Earth really is round."

Instead, we would accept the photographs as evidence until we could find direct evidence that they were faked.  i.e. Photographic mistakes that indicate retouching, testimony from the artist, etc.  But until that evidence is found, it is not valid for us to dismiss the photographs on what shape they show the Earth to be.

But the same idea applies to FE'ers as well, and that is what very few FE'ers seem to understand. The videos and photographs from space that show the Earth to be round are valid evidence, and they will remain so until you can find evidence independant of the shape of the Earth that indicates they were faked.
"The earth looks flat; therefore it is flat."
-Flat Earthers

"Triangle ABC looks isosceles; therefore . . ."
-3rd grade geometry student

dysfunction

• The Elder Ones
Pictures from space
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2006, 10:11:12 AM »
Quote from: "Max Fagin"
Enraged Penguin,

If you submitted photographs that showed the Earth to be flat, we would not say "This photograph is faked because the Earth really is round."

Instead, we would accept the photographs as evidence until we could find direct evidence that they were faked.  i.e. Photographic mistakes that indicate retouching, testimony from the artist, etc.  But until that evidence is found, it is not valid for us to dismiss the photographs on what shape they show the Earth to be.

But the same idea applies to FE'ers as well, and that is what very few FE'ers seem to understand. The videos and photographs from space that show the Earth to be round are valid evidence, and they will remain so until you can find evidence independant of the shape of the Earth that indicates they were faked.

Max, that's really not true anymore. Photos are faked so easily that one does not, in the case of photographic evidence, assume real until proven fake.
the cake is a lie

Pictures from space
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2006, 10:12:27 AM »
Well!! I think Max said all i could've lol.
I like that post.

Pictures from space
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2006, 10:14:18 AM »
Quote from: "dysfunction"
Enraged Penguin,

Max, that's really not true anymore. Photos are faked so easily that one does not, in the case of photographic evidence, assume real until proven fake.

Come off it, astronaughts have been photographing the earth for ages.
I'm yet to even see one photo while the earth is in rotation of there being a flat surface. Naturally i would like to, until i do i can't see why people shoudl automatically believe in droves that the earth is flat if there is no evidence to support it.
Logicaly if there was a flat base we would see it.

Satelites etc would continuously plummet to the earth with the acceleration theory, as would planets and well anything else in space that got in the planets way.

I can't believe genuine adults believe this

What about the astronaughts that have died in craft failure etc, where were they all going if they weren't going in to space?
It's quite disrespectful to them really.

Pictures from space
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2006, 10:21:51 AM »
Well dysfunction, YOU may not accept the idea that photographic evidence is assumed real until proven fake, but the rest of the world does.

In court, for example, if a lawyer wishes to challenge photographic evidence which is detrimental to his case, the burden of proof is on him to prove his claim.  The lawyer (or any expert witness he may call) must prove the photos illegitamacy.  It is the same with FE'ers.
-Flat Earthers

dysfunction

• The Elder Ones
Pictures from space
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2006, 10:30:19 AM »
Well dysfunction, YOU may not accept the idea that photographic evidence is assumed real until proven fake, but the rest of the world does.

In court, for example, if a lawyer wishes to challenge photographic evidence which is detrimental to his case, the burden of proof is on him to prove his claim.  The lawyer (or any expert witness he may call) must prove the photos illegitamacy.  It is the same with FE'ers.

However, if one presents photos of, say, an alien spacecraft, the onus is then on you to prove the photo is not fake. It all depends on the credibility of the claim; and as far as FEers are concerned a round Earth is quite an incredible claim, as it looks quite flat upon cursory examination.
the cake is a lie

?

VJ

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2006, 10:31:41 AM »
Quote from: "EnragedPenguin"

Flat Earthers don't accept pictures as valid evidence, because they are too easy to fake. If I were to show you a picture of a flat Earth, would you believe the theory? Or, since you know Earth is round, would you just say the picture is fake?
If you managed to get a rocket to high earh atmosphere, and took some pictures (and they showed no curvature of the earth) I'd believe that the earth was flat. It only costs 1000, look: http://www.newscientist.com/blog/technology/2006/09/spaceflight-on-cheap.html and the pictures that the got were prove that the earth is a round: http://www.srcf.ucam.org/%7Ecuspaceflight/nova1selected/index.html
they have no reason to lie; neither do you.
- share & enjoy

Pictures from space
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2006, 11:03:51 AM »
Dysfunction,  

If someone presents me a photograph of an "Alien Spacecraft" I do assume a health level of skepticality, but I do not dissmis the photo as faked until I have good evidence to back me up.  Now I assume the skeptical position because so far, every time without exception, Photos of "Alien Spacecraft" have turned out to be either faked, or inapropriatelly labeled.  But I never dismiss them until I have good reason.

It's the same with FE'ers.  If they give me a photograph that showes the Earth to be flat, I will be skeptical because of past experience.  But I will never label it as faked until I have a reason to belive it is.

The FE'ers should do the same.  They are free to be skeptical of photographs which show the Earth to be round; but if, after a sufficient period of time, no evidence can be presented to indicate they are faked, they should admit them as evidence.
-Flat Earthers

?

Nomad

• Official Member
Pictures from space
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2006, 11:15:18 AM »
I think that by default, the lack of existance of photographs proving the Flat Earth theory, and the plethora of photographs proving the Round Earth "theory" is evidence in of itself.

I can give you a simple task, that would cost much less than trying to launch a rocket.  Take some pictures of the alleged ice wall that surrounds the Earth.  Since the Earth is supposed to be flat, you really don't even need to go anywhere.  Just take a telescope and snap some photos of several portions of the ice wall.  Some of the top, where it meets...  whatever it is that you propose is at the top, some at the bottom where it meets the ocean.  The "government" may prevent us from travelling to the ice wall, but there's no way they can stop you from looking at it.

Unless you also propose that they're watching your every move, and are going to bust into your house as soon as you begin your research?

Right.
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

?

EnragedPenguin

• The Elder Ones
Pictures from space
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2006, 11:15:41 AM »
It's the same with FE'ers.  If they give me a photograph that showes the Earth to be flat, I will be skeptical because of past experience.  But I will never label it as faked until I have a reason to belive it is.

Alright, you know what I meant. Of course you won't just label it as fake because it shows a flat Earth, but you also will not consider it valid evidence that Earth is flat unless I can prove that the picture is real, which of course I can't do.
It's the same with flat Earthers. They have no reason to consider as valid evidence any picture you show them unless you can prove it's not fake, which of course you can't do.

The only way to demonstrate that the pictures aren't fake, is to prove the shape of Earth depicted in the picture is correct.

Pictures are completely useless as a form of evidence.

?

VJ

Pictures from space
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2006, 11:21:49 AM »

Alright, you know what I meant. Of course you won't just label it as fake because it shows a flat Earth, but you also will not consider it valid evidence that Earth is flat, unless I can prove that the picture is real, which of course I can't do.
It's the same with flat Earthers. They have no reason to consider as valid evidence any picture you show them, unless you can prove it's not fake, which of course you can't do.

The only way to demonstrate that the pictures aren't fake, is to prove the shape of Earth depicted in the picture is correct.

Pictures are completely useless as a form of evidence.
Correction, I won't accept that the picture is a fake untill I, or somone else proves it is. However I would be sceptical and examine it closely for flaws. If neither I, nor anyone else can find any I'll believe it to be real; to quote Holmes "when you've eliminated the impossable [i.e I can't prove the faking of the picture] whatever remains, however improbable [a flat earth] must be the truth."
- share & enjoy

Pictures from space
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2006, 11:30:57 AM »
No Enraged Penguin, you mis-understood me.

I will accept a picture of the Flat Earth as evidence it is flat.  

Of course, I will remain skeptical as I perform reaserch into the photos legitamacy, but until I can provide evidence that the photo is a fake, it will remain as viable evidence that the Earth is flat.

And of corse, the same should apply to you for picture of the Round Earth.
-Flat Earthers

?

EnragedPenguin

• The Elder Ones
Pictures from space
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2006, 11:49:11 AM »

You can't accept a picture as evidence unless you can be fairly certain of its validity.
Let's say we both show each other a picture of Earth, in mine it's flat, in yours it's round. One of them has to be fake, Earth can't be two shapes. So until we demonstrate which picture is fake, both pictures are useless as evidence. Either one could be right or wrong.

?

VJ

Pictures from space
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2006, 12:00:22 PM »

You can't accept a picture as evidence unless you can be fairly certain of its validity.
Let's say we both show each other a picture of Earth, in mine it's flat, in yours it's round. One of them has to be fake, Earth can't be two shapes. So until we demonstrate which picture is fake, both pictures are useless as evidence. Either one could be right or wrong.
Well I've shown you my pictures on the previous page, a) show me yours and b)prove mine to be fake.
- share & enjoy

Pictures from space
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2006, 12:23:35 PM »
Your right E.P. that either one could be right or wrong, but I would not venture to pass judgement on which one until I had conducted an examination of the evidnece.  And I wish you would do the same with pictures of the Round Earth.

But let's stop being theoretical.  I would like to see this system put into practice.  Here is my submission of evidence that the Earth is round.

http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/index.html

NASA TV, when they are not broadcasting replays of the shuttle mssions, often shows a live picture of the Earth from the Space Station.  I submit this as photographic evidence that the Earth is round.

You can not dissmis these pictures as faked without evidence.  So, please provide it. . .
-Flat Earthers

Pictures from space
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2006, 06:20:03 PM »
You REers can claim that you would believe a picture of a flat earth to be genuine until proven otherwise (which I don't believe for a second, and is obviously just an attempt to prove a point), but they aren't valid as evidence in the bounds of this discussion. That's it, those are the rules, and they have been established time and time again.

Feel free to pat yourselves on the back and post all the photographs you want, saying "prove these wrong or I win!!!" Know, though, that that tactic is neither worthwhile nor interesting.

?

EnragedPenguin

• The Elder Ones
Pictures from space
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2006, 06:21:30 PM »
Your right E.P. that either one could be right or wrong, but I would not venture to pass judgement on which one until I had conducted an examination of the evidnece. And I wish you would do the same with pictures of the Round Earth.

I never passed judgement on any pictures, I simply stated that we can't accept them as evidence until we can be fairly certain they aren't fake. And as long as Earth's shape is in question, their validity is in question.

You can not dissmis these pictures as faked without evidence. So, please provide it. . .

I can't in any way prove those pictures are fake without proving that Earth isn't round.

And I'm sorry, but I have neither the time nor the desire to create fake pictures of a flat Earth just to demonstrate my point better. I also doubt I have the skill to make convincing ones anyway.

Pictures from space
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2006, 08:45:24 PM »

This is the largest amount of bullshit I've ever read on this forum.
ttp://theflatearthsociety.org/forums/search.php

"Against criticism a man can neither protest nor defend himself; he must act in spite of it, and then it will gradually yield to him." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Pictures from space
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2006, 09:48:11 PM »
Mephistopheles,

This is not the first time you have attacked myself or my arguments without actually adressing them.  If you have an objection to something I'm saying VOICE IT!!!

Well Enraged Penguin, I don't often say this, but I think I am willing to let this argument go. We are opperating under such different asumptions that it is impossible to reach a consensus.
-Flat Earthers

Pictures from space
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2006, 05:56:59 AM »
Quote from: "Unimportant"
You REers can claim that you would believe a picture of a flat earth to be genuine until proven otherwise .

Seriously, if someone gave me a picture of a flat earth and i could see it was flat underneath and it was from a legitimate source then i would change my way of thinking.
However

The sheer fact that there is video evidence of the world turning on it's axis, and many photos of the earth yada yada, and no evidence of a flat earth. I can't change my mind.
It's as simple as that really.

?

VJ

Pictures from space
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2006, 06:26:01 AM »
Quote from: "Unimportant"
You REers can claim that you would believe a picture of a flat earth to be genuine until proven otherwise (which I don't believe for a second, and is obviously just an attempt to prove a point), but they aren't valid as evidence in the bounds of this discussion. That's it, those are the rules, and they have been established time and time again.

Why are those the rules? The only way to prove the curvature (or lack thereof) of the earth is to observe it; the only way, without going into hight atmosphere myself, is to launch a camera and take pictures. Why should those pictures be deemed inadmissable as evidence?

Feel free to pat yourselves on the back and post all the photographs you want, saying "prove these wrong or I win!!!" Know, though, that that tactic is neither worthwhile nor interesting.
Yes it is, because untill you show me pictures of a flat earth, it's somthing I can never observe, whereas I've observed a round earth, both by pictures, and by standing on the ground, looking out to sea. Both things are explicable by RE; but not FE. As I pointed out in the other thread, it's no longer hugely expensive to launch a rocket, you can get pictures for 1000. FEers can nolonger shy away from the observational evidence of a round eath without providing their own high atmosphere observations of a flat earth. Space is now cheap enough for even you guys to afford it.
- share & enjoy

?

EnragedPenguin

• The Elder Ones
Pictures from space
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2006, 07:51:16 AM »
Quote from: "VJ"
Yes it is, because untill you show me pictures of a flat earth, it's something I can never observe, whereas I've observed a round earth, both by pictures, and by standing on the ground, looking out to sea.

Tah-dah! (note: The sun and moon were added in later)

Pictures from space
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2006, 07:54:10 AM »
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah that picture is so funny.
How many hours in microsoft paint did it take you to draw that?

?

EnragedPenguin

• The Elder Ones
Pictures from space
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2006, 07:55:25 AM »

I didn't draw it, someone else did. And I dobt they spent hours on it, otherwise it would be much more convincing.

Pictures from space
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2006, 07:58:00 AM »
And I dobt they spent hours on it, otherwise it would be much more convincing.

In what way could a false theory appear convincing without any scientifical proof?  :roll:
quot;Earth is flat because there is a conspiracy, and there is a conspiracy because the Earth is flat" - Makes sense, duh.

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=2955.0

Pictures from space
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2006, 08:06:51 AM »

I didn't draw it, someone else did. And I dobt they spent hours on it, otherwise it would be much more convincing.

Seriously, that pic is so hillarious i am weeping with laughter