Gosh the Conspiracy has a lot to do!

• 143 Replies

Lord Xenu

• ALL HAIL XENU!
Re: Gosh the Conspiracy has a lot to do!
« Reply #120 on: October 24, 2011, 12:37:18 PM »
Not really. You're talking about means of transportation, which is a way for you to confuse cause and consequences.
Since you do not have a specific reply to my points, I will take that as a concession of defeat.

« Reply #121 on: October 24, 2011, 12:46:47 PM »
Since you don't understantd what I've just said, let's sy it's a defeat of the mind.
“The Earth looks flat, therefore it is” FEers wisdom.

Lord Xenu

• ALL HAIL XENU!
« Reply #122 on: October 24, 2011, 01:11:14 PM »
Since you don't understantd what I've just said, let's sy it's a defeat of the mind.
You haven't really said anything in your last few posts. You have not responded to my points. What kind of a victory is that?

Oh yes. An RE victory.  ::)

« Reply #123 on: October 24, 2011, 03:05:57 PM »
Means of transportation are just an indication of the distance; there are better ways of measuring them. So a plane being delayed or a boat fighting currents doen't mean much.
We have reliable distances between, let's say, major cities, which are consistent with a globe and largely inaccurate with the FE maps.

Lord Xenu

• ALL HAIL XENU!
« Reply #124 on: October 24, 2011, 03:37:06 PM »
Distances based on what evidence?

« Reply #125 on: October 24, 2011, 03:39:23 PM »
God knows how many topographers working since centuries?

Lord Xenu

• ALL HAIL XENU!
« Reply #126 on: October 24, 2011, 03:42:42 PM »
As I pointed out earlier, RE cartography is a damn crazy science.
Quote from: Lord Xenu
But Round-Earth methods for topography are nonsensical. Look at this Wikipedia passage, which claims that the length of a ruler used to measure an object changes the measured length!
Quote from: wikipedia
At some time in the years immediately preceding 1951, Lewis Fry Richardson in researching the possible effect of border lengths on the probability of war noticed that the Portuguese reported their measured border with Spain to be 987 km, but the Spanish reported it to be 1214 km. This was the beginning of the coastline problem, which is how to arrive at an estimate of a boundary that is infinite.[6]
The prevailing method of estimating a border (or coastline) was to lay off n equal straight-line segments of length ℓ with dividers on a map or aerial photograph. Each end of the segment must be on the boundary. Investigating the discrepancies in border estimation Richardson discovered what is now termed the Richardson Effect: the sum of the segments is inversely proportional to the common length of the segments. In effect, the shorter the ruler, the longer the measured border; thus, the Spanish and Portuguese geographers were using different-length rulers.

?

Thork

« Reply #127 on: October 24, 2011, 03:46:34 PM »
The word you wanted was cartographer. From the Latin carta=map and the Greek graphein=draw.

« Reply #128 on: October 24, 2011, 04:07:10 PM »
To Lord Xenu: has nothing to do with FE or RE topography. And his has nothing to do with measuring the strait distance between two points.

To Thork: Cartographers and topographers.

?

Thork

« Reply #129 on: October 24, 2011, 04:24:56 PM »
To Thork: Cartographers and topographers.
What am I supposed to do with this reply? It makes no sense.

« Reply #130 on: October 24, 2011, 04:37:53 PM »
Both those people have been collecting data for centuries.

Do you assume those heaps of data to be false? Or tweaked?

?

Thork

« Reply #131 on: October 24, 2011, 05:12:27 PM »
You still don't seem to grasp that a map is a projection of earth, and that means in theory as much a flat earth as a round one. All those maps, represent the earth, the flat earth.

?

Nolhekh

• Animator
« Reply #132 on: October 24, 2011, 06:05:31 PM »
You still don't seem to grasp that a map is a projection of earth, and that means in theory as much a flat earth as a round one. All those maps, represent the earth, the flat earth.

A round earth projected onto a flat map undergoes extreme distortion.  This can happen in different ways.  Some have australia stretched out, some have greenland looking almost as big as africa.  Surely such things don't happen on a flat earth.  A flat earth would not have this problem.  A spherical earth map projected onto a plane would never accurately represent a flat earth.

chuck22

• Universe: single spoken sentence "God said..."
« Reply #133 on: October 24, 2011, 06:58:20 PM »
A funny thing happened to me one time while I was setting up a new antenna for a radio system I was working on.  It was a VHF antenna yet we were picking up Satellite frequencies on it.  Mind you, these transmissions supposedly required a SatCom antenna requiring a compass and declination. Ooops. It's all proprietary algorithms utilizing radio waves with encryption.  GPS, SatTV, etc. etc.  No satellites only encrypted radio waves. 
"...let there be..."

« Reply #134 on: October 25, 2011, 01:28:58 AM »
Just asking, how does NASA somehow produce money from having a space program with a stupidly small budget, the bloody Aircon usage in the Iraq war exceeded NASA's recent budgets.

« Reply #135 on: October 25, 2011, 02:32:32 AM »
What about land transport?
Where on Earth are the roads straight and traffic-free enough for the shape of the earth to make any difference?
Eyre Highway, Yalata to Cocklebiddy, 561km.

Straight enough that thousands of Australians who travel it every year would be struggling to understand how it took them 12 hours or more to travel something that according to the map should take no more than 5-6 hours.  This is a road with no twists and turns, one town to pass through on the way and an easy 90-100km cruising speed 90 percent of the journey.

This wouldn't go unnoticed, I assure you. 
First human spacewalker, Cosmonaut Alexei Leonov: “Lifting my head I could see the curvature of the Earth's horizon. ’So the world really is round,’ I said softly to myself, as if the words came from somewhere deep in my soul. "

« Reply #136 on: October 25, 2011, 03:05:09 AM »
this is infact a complete phallacy
Oo err missus.
haha, oops.

Mariners have been measuring distances and plotting the shapes of continents for thousands of years.
But Round-Earth methods for topography are nonsensical. Look at this Wikipedia passage, which claims that the length of a ruler used to measure an object changes the measured length!
Quote from: wikipedia
At some time in the years immediately preceding 1951, Lewis Fry Richardson in researching the possible effect of border lengths on the probability of war noticed that the Portuguese reported their measured border with Spain to be 987 km, but the Spanish reported it to be 1214 km. This was the beginning of the coastline problem, which is how to arrive at an estimate of a boundary that is infinite.[6]
The prevailing method of estimating a border (or coastline) was to lay off n equal straight-line segments of length ℓ with dividers on a map or aerial photograph. Each end of the segment must be on the boundary. Investigating the discrepancies in border estimation Richardson discovered what is now termed the Richardson Effect: the sum of the segments is inversely proportional to the common length of the segments. In effect, the shorter the ruler, the longer the measured border; thus, the Spanish and Portuguese geographers were using different-length rulers.

dumb method.  Anyone with common sense could see this would lead to variant results.
The Romans built straight roads, proven today with modern survey equipment
This proves that the earth is flat.
No, the road is straight in the two axis of measurement of the surface of the earth.  This says nothing about the flatness of the surface itself.  It does however allow an accurate gauge of the distance travelled traversing the given surface
and used wheels to accurately measure distances.
That would be accurate only on a perfectly flat surface.
Their roads were flat.  Of course if the earth is curved, then the roads followed curvature, therefore the wheel would accurately measure the distance travelled which would include the curvature ie: If there is curvature, measuring the path along the road will not be the shorted possible distance between two points.  But it will be the shortest distance possible for the technology of the Romans.  Also, the Romans generally cut through obstacles such as hills, bored tunnels through mountains and filled in valleys or built bridges, to keep the roads straight.  They rarely went around obstructions but engineered ways through them.
Flight times
I call conspiracy on this one. Airlines are already known to be satanic.
meh.

ship times are another means of measuring distance
Ship times rely heavily on weather conditions and on undetectable ocean currents.
True, they are the least reliable method of calculating distance.  Nevertheless many ship journeys would be significantly and noticably longer if distances were compliant with a flat earth.

First human spacewalker, Cosmonaut Alexei Leonov: “Lifting my head I could see the curvature of the Earth's horizon. ’So the world really is round,’ I said softly to myself, as if the words came from somewhere deep in my soul. "

« Reply #137 on: October 25, 2011, 11:52:31 AM »
The word you wanted was cartographer. From the Latin carta=map and the Greek graphein=draw.

Facts:
None of the maps we have represent a FE.
Most of the maps we have are a representation (projection) of a RE.

Distances on your so-called FE maps have been shown many times to be wrong.

Nobody has ever given me a shred of evidence that maps representing RE carry wrong data.

?

Thork

« Reply #138 on: October 25, 2011, 12:05:29 PM »

Facts: Common misconceptions:
None of the maps we have represent a FE. [All the maps you have represent a FE]
Most of the maps we have are a representation (projection) of a RE.  [Incorrect]

Distances on your so-called FE maps have been shown many times to be wrong. [RErs repeatedly say they are wrong. However they are unable to prove them wrong, by virtue of them being right]

Nobody has ever given me a shred of evidence that maps representing RE carry wrong data. [You have ignored all such evidence.]

« Reply #139 on: October 25, 2011, 12:45:58 PM »

None of the maps we have represent a FE. [All the maps you have represent a FE] Wrong as always.
Most of the maps we have are a representation (projection) of a RE.  [Incorrect] You're wrong and you can't prove it.
Distances on your so-called FE maps have been shown many times to be wrong. [RErs repeatedly say they are wrong. However they are unable to prove them wrong, by virtue of them being right] Wrong, proven many times.

Nobody has ever given me a shred of evidence that maps representing RE carry wrong data. [You have ignored all such evidence.] You don't have this evidence

« Reply #140 on: October 27, 2011, 02:32:41 PM »
HAS ANYONE HEARD OF THE TOWN WHERE IT GETS INFECTED WITH ZOMBIES AND THE US NUKED IT AND WIPED IT OFF THE MAP
true story  :D

?

Thork

« Reply #141 on: October 27, 2011, 02:39:53 PM »
Some advice about avoiding bans.

DON'T SHOUT IN CAPS! and don't spam the upper fora with nonsense.

« Reply #142 on: October 29, 2011, 03:35:20 AM »

None of the maps we have represent a FE. [All the maps you have represent a FE] Wrong as always.
Most of the maps we have are a representation (projection) of a RE.  [Incorrect] You're wrong and you can't prove it.
Distances on your so-called FE maps have been shown many times to be wrong. [RErs repeatedly say they are wrong. However they are unable to prove them wrong, by virtue of them being right] Wrong, proven many times.

Nobody has ever given me a shred of evidence that maps representing RE carry wrong data. [You have ignored all such evidence.] You don't have this evidence

« Reply #143 on: October 30, 2011, 06:06:26 AM »
Incidentally, if you go to "Flat Earth Debate" and click on the topic "The ultimate challenge for FE'ers", you'll find that trying to place major capitals in the world on a map will conduct to only one solution: your map will we spheric!