Amateur satellites

• 35 Replies
Re: Amateur satellites
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2011, 02:13:41 PM »
Good job ignoring me, Thork / Ski

Not every signal need be broadcast from a ground transmitter. The issue of psuedollites and stratellites have been discussed so many times, it is much more likely that we are sick of repeating the conversation with someone unwilling to search for them.

Classic. Just classic. This os one of my favorite FE responces. I'll paraphrase for anyone interested:

"We FE proponents have had this conversation so many times that it is up to you to poke a new kind of hole in our raft, or to poke a hole in it in a way that entertains us so that we may be provoked into this pointless debate that we have categoricly been voctorious so many times before. Furthermore my ongoing participation as a forrum edler and my experience with watching these countles debates happen gives me the right to say things like "its been done before" and "no your wrong because its happened before" and "FET has been shown to have every bit of hard evidence and not a shred for RE for so long that I gfrow tired of these shenanigans" and "Please read ENAG by SBR, it is the doctrine by which we all stand, if you cant see the validity o fthe conclusions you are hoplesly brainwashed by the grand conspiracy" and "I cant be bothered by noobs like you, I am one of the elders" and "the burden is on you the ones who 'claim' the shape of the earth is not flat".

/thread
/FET
Your god was nailed to a cross. Mine carries a hammer...... any questions?

Conker

• Official FES jerk / kneebiter
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2011, 07:26:33 AM »
Actually, I donīt know why a stupid pseudo-weapon from the Cold War, now used with more common uses, has something in common with ground stations sending S-TV. Also, we were talking about Amateur satellites, so I will put here the frecuencies of the ARISSat-1, an amateur satellite:

Mode V Digitalker (Voices Messages and Telemetry): Operational
Downlink   145.9500 MHz FM

Mode V Imaging (Robot 36 SSTV from onboard cameras): Operational
Downlink   145.9500 MHz FM

Mode V Telemetry (1000 baud (400 baud backup)): Operational
Downlink   145.9200 MHz BPSK

Mode V TLM Beacon (CW-2, active with BPSK-1000): Operational
Downlink   145.9190 MHz CW

Mode V TLM Beacon (CW-1, active with BPSK-400): Unknown
Downlink   145.9390 MHz CW

Mode U/V (B) Linear Transponder (Inverting): Operational
Uplink:   435.7580 - 435.7420 MHz SSB/CW
Downlink   145.9220 - 145.9380 MHz SSB/CW

Before you say " I win! thatīs MHz!, Iīll tell you that they are 100 times higher frecuencies that the shown in the graph. Now check Mode V Imaging. Thatīs a SSTV in Robot 36 coding, so everybody can download that, even me though HAM radio networks, if I can configure it OK.
This is not a joke society.
Quote from: OpenedEyes
You shouldn't be allowed to talk on a free discussion forum.

Conker

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2011, 06:23:54 AM »
I tried to get that channel though HAM networs, but apparently nobody on the north hemisfere  was listening to it. Damn HAMīs !

Conker

« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2011, 09:58:41 AM »
Nope, I will not let this down until you give me a valid argument.

« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2011, 08:47:08 PM »
A few posts up, there is an image of parabolic dish antennas aimed at satellites (per RE theory) / ground pseudolites (per FE theory).

An important fact is that all dishes visible on the picture are of the offset-type - they point higher than their apparent angle.

See the following image:

Actual, prime-focus dishes used for receiving "satellite" TV are usually aimed like this:

In some countries, ground-based microwave transmission is also used (such as Hungary's Antenna Digital system).
An offset-type antenna used for receiving Antenna Digital can be seen on this picture of a house:

Notice how the antenna appears to be pointing downwards. The actual beam received by the antenna is horizontal.

This is how a prime-focus dish receiving Antenna Digital looks like:

Conker

« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2011, 05:21:20 AM »
Thatīs the point.