UA violates laws of space and time

• 38 Replies
« on: October 17, 2011, 02:53:21 PM »
With my results I believe I have discredited the theory of UA...

There are many symmetries concerning space and time, and as summed up in Noether's theorem (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noether%27s_theorem), each posits the existence of a conservation law. Conservation of linear momentum is a result of the translational invariance of space, conservation of energy comes from invariance in time, and angular momentum results from the rotational invariance of space.

Since we have never witnessed a breaking of these symmetries, Noether's theorem proves that the conservation laws are equally resolute. The first problem with UA is it violates the conservation of linear momentum. With UA, the momentum of the system (in this case the Universe) would be constantly increasing. The second problem with UA is that it violates the conservation of energy. With an ever accelerating Earth, the total energy in the Universe would increase without bound and would most certainly would not be constant.

The next bit doesn't pertain to the UA, but it represents another conservation law broken. In FET, the sun moves in a circle that changes its radius (and goes faster near the edge, and slower near the center), this would mean that the total angular momentum of the sun would not be constant and would violate the conservation of angular momentum.
You, sir, can't comprehend the idea of bottoms.

?

Thork

Re: UA violates laws of space and time
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 02:59:11 PM »

So do neutrinos.

[/thread]

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 03:05:44 PM »

There are many symmetries concerning space and time, and as summed up in Noether's theorem (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noether%27s_theorem), each posits the existence of a conservation law. Conservation of linear momentum is a result of the translational invariance of space, conservation of energy comes from invariance in time, and angular momentum results from the rotational invariance of space.

Since we have never witnessed a breaking of these symmetries, Noether's theorem proves that the conservation laws are equally resolute. The first problem with UA is it violates the conservation of linear momentum. With UA, the momentum of the system (in this case the Universe) would be constantly increasing. The second problem with UA is that it violates the conservation of energy. With an ever accelerating Earth, the total energy in the Universe would increase without bound and would most certainly would not be constant.

The next bit doesn't pertain to the UA, but it represents another conservation law broken. In FET, the sun moves in a circle that changes its radius (and goes faster near the edge, and slower near the center), this would mean that the total angular momentum of the sun would not be constant and would violate the conservation of angular momentum.

Evidence, please.

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 03:11:07 PM »

So do neutrinos.

[/thread]

You sure about that?

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 03:14:05 PM »

So do neutrinos.

[/thread]

You sure about that?

Tachyonic neutrinos have been demonstrated to exist. We haven't said so for certain, but that's just because it doesn't really make sense.

?

Thork

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 03:18:50 PM »

So do neutrinos.

[/thread]

You sure about that?

I haven't tested for myself so I can only use the best evidence available. That would be the results from Cern.
http://www.nature.com/news/2011/110922/full/news.2011.554.html

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 03:20:57 PM »
This article is widely debated, and will probably show that mistakes were made, ie neutrinos can't go faster than c.
“The Earth looks flat, therefore it is” FEers wisdom.

?

Thork

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 03:23:51 PM »
Thank you doctor Hawking. ::)

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2011, 03:26:17 PM »
I'm no doctor, I just talk and keep informed.
“The Earth looks flat, therefore it is” FEers wisdom.

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2011, 03:39:08 PM »

Evidence, please.

According to UA theory, everything in the universe is accelerating at 9.8 m/s^s. The total energy of a closed system is constant. Therefore the total energy in the Universe is constant.

The momentum of a relativistic object is
p = mv / sqrt(1 - v^2/c^2)

and the energy for a relativistically traveling object is then
E = sqrt( (mc^2)^2 + (pc)^2)

As everything in the Universe accelerates, its velocity asymptotically approaches the speed of light and its momentum approaches infinity. The total energy for the universe depends on the momenta of every object, and since UA postulates that everything has increasing momentum, then the total energy of the universe MUST increase.

?

The Knowledge

• FE'ers don't do experiments. It costs too much.
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2011, 04:41:01 PM »
Thank you doctor Hawking. ::)

Why are you calling him Doctor Hawking?
Watermelon, Rhubarb Rhubarb, no one believes the Earth is Flat, Peas and Carrots,  walla.

Lord Xenu

• ALL HAIL XENU!
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2011, 03:36:05 AM »
"No ether's" theorem? Now if that isn't a bizarrely concocted piece of globularist propaganda, I'll eat my hat.

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2011, 12:34:16 PM »
"No ether's" theorem? Now if that isn't a bizarrely concocted piece of globularist propaganda, I'll eat my hat.

Noether is the name of the mathematician who formalized the theory. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmy_Noether . Her name has nothing to do with any propaganda.

Zogg

• Secret NASA space picture photoshopper
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2011, 01:18:30 AM »

Noether is the name of the mathematician who formalized the theory. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmy_Noether . Her name has nothing to do with any propaganda.

Enjoy your meal, Lord Xenu !

?

Thork

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2011, 01:23:56 AM »
Another round earther with photoshop and paint skills. This has been noted.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 01:29:08 AM by Thork »

Zogg

• Secret NASA space picture photoshopper
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2011, 01:27:17 AM »
Now please excuse me, I've some NASA "space pictures" to photoshop.
(Don't look at me like that - I owed them a lot of money, it was that or freezing my feet of on the Ice Wall...)

Lord Xenu

• ALL HAIL XENU!
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2011, 01:35:07 AM »

How do you know that the Conspiracy didn't choose her to "invent" this "theorem" because of her hilarious satirical name?

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2011, 06:42:43 AM »

How do you know that the Conspiracy didn't choose her to "invent" this "theorem" because of her hilarious satirical name?

It doesn't matter what reason she had for producing this theorem, the fact is that it has been mathematically verified and physically tested. Focus on the theory, not the theorist, you'll win more arguments that way.

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2011, 07:24:12 AM »

Ever notice how rude the people here are? It's like I can't explain why the earth is flat, so let me insult the majority of the population who think it's round.
Sea sailing Dinosaurs who built boats also built space ships to visit moon shrimp who illluminate the moon.

?

Thork

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2011, 07:27:17 AM »

Ever notice how rude the people here are? It's like I can't explain why the earth is flat, so let me insult the majority of the population who think it's round.
I often wonder how so many people come to a Flat Earth Society, and have absolutely no sense of humour. If you can't see the humour in a post like that, you have probably come to the wrong forum. Having fun during debate is the only way we can keep doing it year after year.

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2011, 07:50:27 AM »

I often wonder how so many people come to a Flat Earth Society, and have absolutely no sense of humour. If you can't see the humour in a post like that, you have probably come to the wrong forum. Having fun during debate is the only way we can keep doing it year after year.

Actually I've been insulted by more than one person here, I don't blame just you.
Sea sailing Dinosaurs who built boats also built space ships to visit moon shrimp who illluminate the moon.

?

Thork

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2011, 08:00:12 AM »
Its an anonymous forum. I wouldn't take it personally. Stop talking b*ll*cks and I'm sure you will be insulted less. ;)

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2011, 10:30:03 AM »
Apparently the only defense UA has against Noether's theorem is that the theorist's name can be jumbled around to produce words like ether. This is not science, its not even zetetic science, only wild speculation and invented data.

Just a curious observation though, because she was German, shouldn't her conspiracy-given name be Nein-ether?

Lord Xenu

• ALL HAIL XENU!
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2011, 10:50:58 AM »
Apparently the only defense UA has against Noether's theorem is that the theorist's name can be jumbled around to produce words like ether. This is not science, its not even zetetic science, only wild speculation and invented data.
Do we really need to make an effort to prove her theorem wrong? We FEers have already basically decided to rewrite many of the laws of physics. If UA goes against the theorem, then it is the theorem that must be wrong, since we already know the Earth is accelerating through space.

Just a curious observation though, because she was German, shouldn't her conspiracy-given name be Nein-ether?
I do not think her nationality should necessarily have any bearing on the nature of the slyly humorous name given to her by the Conspiracy.

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2011, 11:04:57 AM »
Do we really need to make an effort to prove her theorem wrong? We FEers have already basically decided to rewrite many of the laws of physics. If UA goes against the theorem, then it is the theorem that must be wrong, since we already know the Earth is accelerating through space.

If you assume that UA exists, then Noether's theorem is false. If Noether's theorem is false, then conservation of momentum doesn't exist.

Given the several hundred years of verification without a single counterexample, conservation of momentum is tantamount to a theoretical and empirical law.

Thus, Noether' theorem disproves UA.

Lord Xenu

• ALL HAIL XENU!
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2011, 11:07:19 AM »

If you assume that UA exists, then Noether's theorem is false. If Noether's theorem is false, then conservation of momentum doesn't exist.

Given the several hundred years of verification without a single counterexample, conservation of momentum is tantamount to a theoretical and empirical law.

But I experience the effects of UA all the time, so it must be real.

« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2011, 11:58:48 AM »

But I experience the effects of UA all the time, so it must be real.

You do indeed feel the effects of a something, but you mistakenly attribute it to UA. Due to the equivalence principle, we know that we are either accelerating or in a gravitational field. Both models explain everyday experiences fairly well. When a ball is thrown up in the air, FE says that the Earth will accelerate up to catch the ball. In RE, the ball experiences an acceleration due to gravity in the direction of the Earth. Both predict the same outcome of events, that is why we cannot disprove either gravity or UA based on the motion of objects alone.

Like I said before, if UA did exist, then there would be no conservation of momentum. Since momentum is clearly conserved, UA cannot exist. If UA cannot exist, then the only remaining theory that matches observations is gravity.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2011, 01:17:13 PM »

And, in the interest of full disclosure, it should be noted that several FE'ers (including yourself) have demonstrated photoshop and paint skills as well.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.