Antarctic Tourism?

• 46 Replies

Re: Antarctic Tourism?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 06:57:01 AM »
Antarctica is a continent, just like any other, sailed around and fully explored.
Please excuse the FAQ, it is not the "ice wall", in fact there is no proof an ice wall exists, just speculation.

What makes more sense, as theorized by Willmire, the outer edge (is far beyond)

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 11:23:03 AM »
People travel to the rim. There is a very small area that is open to tourists. Not anyone can explore Antarctica. Much of it is restricted.
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 04:57:26 PM »
Actually, there are over 60 bases in Antartica, representing more than 20 countries, with around 1000 people in it.

So I guess Antartica is pretty well known.
“The Earth looks flat, therefore it is” FEers wisdom.

?

momentia

• Light abhors a straight line.
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2011, 05:43:31 PM »
Yes, but they still can see the sun 24 hours a day around the winter solstice:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1023/1446260969_d473cadd0c.jpg

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2011, 06:03:55 PM »
And the cliche award, and it was a tough one this year, goes to momentia, for his continued hijacking of threads. Iwanttobelieve came in close second due to his obsessive hatred for the FAQ, but momentia beat him out by being a carbon copy of hundreds of other members.

Also, to make this not low content, this question was answered recently in a thread in FE General.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2011, 06:27:53 PM »
Mostly people on the government dole go to Antarctica.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2011, 02:02:19 AM »

Really?  I have never seen proof of this.  Would you mind sharing some with me?

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2011, 02:29:43 AM »
And just imagine the number of people who've been to those bases since their opening, the first one in 1947.

5,000? 10,000? All bribed? And none of them have ever spoke of the icewall?

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2011, 02:32:50 AM »
Are you speaking of the well-documented wall of ice that encircles the known area of the earth? Or of the possible large mountain range at the earth's uttermost rim?

If the first, they do speak of it. If the second, it is reasonable to conclude that ice wall is farther south than the research bases.
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2011, 02:48:19 AM »
This is a pure syllogism: you are telling me that the icewall is further south than the bases, but your reasoning implies that Antartica isn't like the maps shows it is.

The research bases are documented (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Antarctica_Station_Map.gif).

May be you can disprove this. I can't.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2011, 03:00:38 AM »
In what sense? In that I do not think Antarctica is a separate continent apart from the rim? Of course then it is not like your map. Who knows how far the breadth of the earth expands? Certainly not I. Nor do I think anyone here has the hubris to state that with authority (excepting, perhaps, John Davis, from whom you would hear that the earth's breadth is entirely immeasurable as it is infinite). If an enormous mountain range rings the earth, it is clearly farther to the south than your research bases. 

If one believes Lord Wilmore's map more likely to be true, and Antarctica to be its own continent, then again, there is untold land to the south of that continent.

There is no reason to think any of the researchers would see this hypothetical ice wall, nor if they did see it that they would distinguish it from the vast array of mountains reported in Antarctica.

Perhaps some few have seen the mountains. How would we know?

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2011, 04:08:06 AM »
We know because Antarctica has been cartographied and explored.

Should there be an icewall in Antarctica, it should have at least been detected.

?

alex00

• The Earth is as flat as Pamela Anderson
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2011, 07:29:52 AM »
We know because Antarctica has been cartographied and explored.

Should there be an icewall in Antarctica, it should have at least been detected.
x2
The Official Flat Earth Lawyer:

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2011, 09:26:04 AM »
yes, even just sailed around you can tell ANtarctica is not an "ice wall"
even in its summer months it can even support some flora

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2011, 11:40:44 AM »
People travel to the rim. There is a very small area that is open to tourists. Not anyone can explore Antarctica. Much of it is restricted.

Restricted by whom?

I mean tourists. People who go ther for business, not pleasure.

In what sense? In that I do not think Antarctica is a separate continent apart from the rim? Of course then it is not like your map. Who knows how far the breadth of the earth expands? Certainly not I. Nor do I think anyone here has the hubris to state that with authority (excepting, perhaps, John Davis, from whom you would hear that the earth's breadth is entirely immeasurable as it is infinite). If an enormous mountain range rings the earth, it is clearly farther to the south than your research bases. 

If one believes Lord Wilmore's map more likely to be true, and Antarctica to be its own continent, then again, there is untold land to the south of that continent.

There is no reason to think any of the researchers would see this hypothetical ice wall, nor if they did see it that they would distinguish it from the vast array of mountains reported in Antarctica.

Perhaps some few have seen the mountains. How would we know?

Huh. Maybe those people would've told someone? Taken a few pictures? A Sketch? Written it down? I mean why not?

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2011, 07:10:03 AM »
Anyone gonna answer me?

Lord Xenu

• ALL HAIL XENU!
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2011, 07:15:32 AM »
Huh. Maybe those people would've told someone? Taken a few pictures? A Sketch? Written it down? I mean why not?
Misinterpreted as mountains/ assassinated by conspiracy/  brainwashed by conspiracy/ paid off by conspiracy/ too cold or far to explore/ there is no ice wall.
Any of these could be reasons why there is no recorded evidence of a physical ice wall.

Conker

• Official FES jerk / kneebiter
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2011, 07:15:55 AM »
No. They are ignoring you. But wait until 5 am GMT, they usually answer then. And ignore Xenu
This is not a joke society.
Quote from: OpenedEyes
You shouldn't be allowed to talk on a free discussion forum.

Lord Xenu

• ALL HAIL XENU!
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2011, 07:18:54 AM »
No. They are ignoring you. But wait until 5 am GMT, they usually answer then. And ignore Xenu
Ignoring me could possibly be the greatest mistake he could make.

Conker

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2011, 07:42:03 AM »
Not ignoring me and other trolls could possibly be the greatest mistake he could make.

Lord Xenu

• ALL HAIL XENU!
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2011, 07:44:10 AM »
Not ignoring me and other trolls could possibly be the greatest mistake he could make.
You changed my post! I feel... violated!

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2011, 01:41:55 PM »

Ah thank you. And Xenu's too funny to ignore.

Misinterpreted as mountains/ assassinated by conspiracy/  brainwashed by conspiracy/ paid off by conspiracy/ too cold or far to explore/ there is no ice wall.
Any of these could be reasons why there is no recorded evidence of a physical ice wall.

Proof?

Lord Xenu

• ALL HAIL XENU!
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2011, 01:46:25 PM »
8)

Proof?
[/quote]
Do you want evidence for all of those things? They're merely suggestions, bro. I don't know which one is true. I've never been to the Ice Wall. And I'm not going to risk going there either, since I value my life.

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2011, 03:11:32 PM »
8)

Proof?
Do you want evidence for all of those things? They're merely suggestions, bro. I don't know which one is true. I've never been to the Ice Wall. And I'm not going to risk going there either, since I value my life.
[/quote]

That's alright, but it brings us back to square one, where we can only speculate on why there's no ice wall.

Hint:

Lord Xenu

• ALL HAIL XENU!
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2011, 05:53:50 AM »
8)

Proof?

That's alright, but it brings us back to square one, where we can only speculate on why there's no ice wall.

Hint:

[/quote]
Is there supposed to be a hidden message in that fine demonstration of the wonders of photoshop?

Conker

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2011, 06:37:57 AM »
*goes to kitchen to take popcorns*  ;D

Seriusly, Xenu is an *ssh*le. He just goes on on basic topics, and acts as a automatic responser / n00b repellent

Lord Xenu

• ALL HAIL XENU!
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2011, 06:53:51 AM »
Seriusly, Xenu is an *ssh*le.
:(
He just goes on on basic topics
Incorrect.
and acts as a automatic responser
Incorrect.
n00b repellent
Irrelevant.

Conker

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2011, 07:12:03 AM »
Incorrect.
Incorrect.
n00b repellent
Irrelevant.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahaaahahahahahahahahahahaaaa. Ha. You see? "Irrelevant" ,"Incorrect", and smileys. That´s all he say

Lord Xenu

• ALL HAIL XENU!
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2011, 07:25:58 AM »
Incorrect.
Incorrect.
n00b repellent
Irrelevant.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahaaahahahahahahahahahahaaaa. Ha. You see? "Irrelevant" ,"Incorrect", and smileys. That´s all he say
Please ignore this troll and his bizarre claims. He knows the Earth to be flat, and is only here to disturb everyone and sabotage the efforts of well-meaning Zetetics.