It looks that way

• 85 Replies

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
Re: It looks that way
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2011, 04:01:33 PM »
Any examples from the past hundred years or so, perhaps?
Are you suggesting that the truth has an expiry date? It doesn't.
Any world record holder can tell you that it some truths can and do have expiration dates.

If Mark runs a mile in 3 minutes 45 seconds today, and if Steve runs a mile in 3 minutes 44 seconds tomorrow, Mark's score is still true.

« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2011, 04:06:37 PM »
Less cherry-picking of the posts, more facts?
“The Earth looks flat, therefore it is” FEers wisdom.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2011, 07:13:55 PM »
Any world record holder can tell you that it some truths can and do have expiration dates.

If Mark runs a mile in 3 minutes 45 seconds today, and if Steve runs a mile in 3 minutes 44 seconds tomorrow, Mark's score is still true.

If Tom is the fastest runner in the world today and if Sarah beats Tom's fastest time tomorrow, then Tom is no longer the fastest runner in the world.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2011, 07:19:59 PM »

If Tom is the fastest runner in the world today and if Sarah Simon beats Tom's fastest time tomorrow, then Tom is no longer the fastest runner in the world.
Fixed that for you.
As if a girl could run faster... ;D

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2011, 07:21:55 PM »

If Tom is the fastest runner in the world today and if Sarah Simon beats Tom's fastest time tomorrow, then Tom is no longer the fastest runner in the world.
Fixed that for you.

Don't be sexist. The mods have serious issues with discrimination.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2011, 07:32:06 PM »
Fixed that for you.

Have you ever seen Tom run?

Lord Xenu

• ALL HAIL XENU!
« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2011, 01:55:05 AM »

If Tom is the fastest runner in the world today and if Sarah beats Tom's fastest time tomorrow, then Tom is no longer the fastest runner in the world.
This would not change any universal truths though. Damn REers with their bendy truth theories.

« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2011, 05:19:17 AM »
Fixed that for you.

Have you ever seen Tom run?
If you mean Tom Bishop, then he runs pretty quickly when his trolling and circular reasoning comes under fire.

« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2011, 05:25:35 AM »

Fixed that for you.

How many sprinting world records are held by women? Do the Olympics, etc. discriminate or is it that women being, on average, slower than men is indisputable? How is this discrimination?

Is there anything in life more annoying than the kind of rubbish you have just spouted? If mods want to get annoyed, do they need you to correct me first? Are you some kind of pre-mod correctional officer?

Or are you the type of weirdo who gets offended for other people? In which case:
"Don't laugh at girls, I know a girl. Honest I do..."
Fixed.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2011, 06:20:02 AM »
How many sprinting world records are held by women? Do the Olympics, etc. discriminate or is it that women being, on average, slower than men is indisputable? How is this discrimination?

What part of "what if" don't you get?

« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2011, 08:00:14 AM »

"What if" you read the post that I was responding to, in bold for your convenience?

« Reply #71 on: October 20, 2011, 08:09:23 AM »
NASA is referenced pretty much constantly, and to support the arguments of both sides.
I must have missed all of the NASA photos and footage showing the flat earth in all its glory. Perhaps you'd be so kind as to provide a link.

All photos and videos from NASA that show that the earth is round are claimed to have been faked to support THE CONSPIRACY.
Still waiting for NASA proof of a flat earth.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2011, 09:07:41 AM »

"What if" you read the post that I was responding to, in bold for your convenience?

The post that you were responding to was directly related to your "fixing" my "what if" post.  Now let it go.  I intentionally had a woman beating Tom. 

« Reply #73 on: October 20, 2011, 10:18:07 AM »

The post that you were responding to was directly related to your "fixing" my "what if" post.  Now let it go.  I intentionally had a woman beating Tom.
Let what go? You keep responding to this as if I disagreed with you somewhere along the way.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #74 on: October 20, 2011, 12:23:38 PM »

Fixed that for you.

Is there anything in life more annoying than the kind of rubbish you have just spouted? If mods want to get annoyed, do they need you to correct me first? Are you some kind of pre-mod correctional officer?

Or are you the type of weirdo who gets offended for other people? In which case:
"Don't laugh at girls, I know a girl. Honest I do..."
Fixed.

I'm not a mod.

?

Thork

« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2011, 12:53:40 PM »
This is a dome.  It looks pretty flat.  It even fooled Roundy.

Its not a dome. Its two rectangles of pixels. It is nothing like a dome. Its a rectangle of dark blue pixels on the bottom. Some light blue ones on the top. Your computer has approximated the shape you originally specified, based on its programming. Once you zoomed in, it no longer was a dome. The computer approximated and redrew a shape.  Earth is not re-approximated. There is no processing that happens as you get closer to it. No lack of information or resolution due to hardware limitations. The earth is flat, and zoom out and it stays looking flat. Looking at earth is not like looking at computer models. Earth isn't pixelated. Its not redrawn by a processor and graphics card as you change altitude. It wasn't programmed by a man.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 12:55:41 PM by Thork »

« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2011, 01:59:07 PM »

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #77 on: October 20, 2011, 02:47:02 PM »
I'm not a mod.
OMGReally?!?!

A bit too thick. You'll want it to be more subtle, and with more complex flavors.

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #78 on: October 20, 2011, 03:31:21 PM »

Its not a dome. Its two rectangles of pixels. It is nothing like a dome. Its a rectangle of dark blue pixels on the bottom. Some light blue ones on the top. Your computer has approximated the shape you originally specified, based on its programming. Once you zoomed in, it no longer was a dome. The computer approximated and redrew a shape.  Earth is not re-approximated. There is no processing that happens as you get closer to it. No lack of information or resolution due to hardware limitations. The earth is flat, and zoom out and it stays looking flat. Looking at earth is not like looking at computer models. Earth isn't pixelated. Its not redrawn by a processor and graphics card as you change altitude. It wasn't programmed by a man.

this is pure denial.if you subscribe to FET or not its easy to imagine that a giant sphere would appear flat. a smooth surface appears flat, but if you were shrunk to the size of an atom you would be stood amung hills and mountains

?

Nolhekh

• Animator
« Reply #79 on: October 20, 2011, 06:53:38 PM »
[IMG]http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p264/Nojaru/5xsubsurfroundearth.jpg[/im]
Its not a dome. Its two rectangles of pixels. It is nothing like a dome. Its a rectangle of dark blue pixels on the bottom. Some light blue ones on the top. Your computer has approximated the shape you originally specified, based on its programming. Once you zoomed in, it no longer was a dome. The computer approximated and redrew a shape.  Citation needed
Why should the computer approximate and redraw anything?  What makes you think a bunch of programmers are going to make a computer suddenly start using a different set of code just because you zoom into a sphere?  At what point does my dome cease to be curved?  No one models a floor with a sphere, it takes too many unnecessary polygons.  It's stupid to need to make the computer do anything fancy for a scene no one makes. 
Earth is not re-approximated. There is no processing that happens as you get closer to it. No lack of information or resolution due to hardware limitations.

My machine performed just as slowly rendering that image as it did rendering the whole sphere.  I'm not sure what you mean by hardware limitations.
The earth is flat, and zoom out and it stays looking flat.Citation needed Looking at earth is not like looking at computer models. Earth isn't pixelated. Its not redrawn by a processor and graphics card as you change altitude. It wasn't programmed by a man.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 06:55:34 PM by Nolhekh »

« Reply #80 on: October 21, 2011, 01:10:20 AM »
If mods want to get annoyed, do they need you to correct me first? Are you some kind of pre-mod correctional officer?
I'm not a mod.
Where did I suggest you are a mod?
Also, you still didn't back up or retract your accusations of sexism & discrimination. Do the mods have no problems with libel?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 02:54:48 AM by flat_earth_really? »

PizzaPlanet

• Now available in stereo
« Reply #81 on: October 21, 2011, 07:04:02 AM »
Also, you still didn't back up or retract your accusations of sexism & discrimination. Do the mods have no problems with libel?
The mods have no problems with libel, nor sexism/discrimination. The only thing you can't do is use a single derogatory word referring to dark-skinned people.
hacking your precious forum as we speak 8) 8) 8)

?

Thork

« Reply #82 on: October 21, 2011, 07:16:25 AM »
The mods have no problems with libel, nor sexism/discrimination. The only thing you can't do is use a single derogatory word referring to dark-skinned people.

Nor may you refer to a particularly offensive citrus fruit. So frowned upon is naming those yellow blighters, the forum is hard coded to prevent you doing so. Daniel has a few peculiarities. Ni**ers and lem*ns upset him. Just those two things. Everything else is fine.

« Reply #83 on: October 21, 2011, 07:33:06 AM »
From a PM:
flat_earth_really?,

You have received a warning for insulting other users and/or staff members. Please cease these activities and abide by the forum rules otherwise we will take further action.

Regards,
I called nobody any derogatory racist remarks so I guess they take issue with more than just that.

PizzaPlanet

• Now available in stereo
« Reply #84 on: October 21, 2011, 09:15:15 AM »
From a PM:
flat_earth_really?,

You have received a warning for insulting other users and/or staff members. Please cease these activities and abide by the forum rules otherwise we will take further action.

Regards,
I called nobody any derogatory racist remarks so I guess they take issue with more than just that.
Oh, yeah, they do random shit too. Did the message say which mod it was?
hacking your precious forum as we speak 8) 8) 8)

« Reply #85 on: October 21, 2011, 05:04:19 PM »
From a PM:
flat_earth_really?,

Regards,
Oh, yeah, they do random shit too. Did the message say which mod it was?
Yes they gave their name. My intent wasn't to complain about any particular mods, though, only to highlight the fact that  the 'n' word isn't the only insult they take offense to.