« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2011, 03:39:03 PM »
Photoshopped. Obviously.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
Re: Sun over the Antarctic
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2011, 03:41:25 PM »
Thork, would you please provide something that proves that the sun does not behave in the same way at the Antarctic as it does at the Arctic?

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2011, 03:56:03 PM »
Evidence was the article. Explanation is that there is no midnight sun. I refute that there is such a thing as an Antarctic circle.

I refuted your evidence, and explained why it wasn't so.

Then I provided evidence of a midnight sun with the video I posted, which you've yet to address.

Finally, you didn't actually explain anything. You've merely done nothing but deny my points, or ignore them outright.

So,
You must back up your first claim, or give us the FE explanation for the Sun over Antarctica for me to refute, otherwise I can claim the following is true:

FE theory doesn't explain "The Midnight Sun Phenomenon" consistently.
RE Theory does explain "The Midnight Sun Phenomenon" consistently.

Therefore, RET provides better results than FET on this Phenomenon.

And lastly, I will leave this Timelapse video for you to mull over:
" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">

You're first claim being;

There is no such thing as a midnight sun.

You haven't backed this claim up with proper evidence that I haven't refuted.

Hence, I've accepted your concession, until such a point that you provide a proper counter to my argument.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2011, 04:38:28 PM »
??? You miss the point. There is no midnight sun at the icewall Markjo. That makes your theory the wrong one.

I'm not talking about the midnight sun at the ice wall.  I'm talking about the midnight sun at Antarctica.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2011, 04:39:32 PM »
Thork, let me walk you through this:
There is no midnight sun in the Southern Hemisphere north of the Antarctic Circle.
You correctly identify that in a part of Antarctica north of the Antarctic Circle, there is no midnight sun.
However, your mistake is in assuming that this small part of Antarctica represents the whole; in other words, you are insinuating that all of Antarctica is north of the Antarctic Circle, which is not true.
The midnight sun still exists south of the Antarctic Circle, which (according to you) encompasses 98% of Antarctica.

?

alex00

• The Earth is as flat as Pamela Anderson
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2011, 06:05:10 PM »
Wait..whats the argument here? that it does not stay light for 6 months? or am i off..?
The Official Flat Earth Lawyer:

?

The Knowledge

• FE'ers don't do experiments. It costs too much.
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2011, 05:09:49 AM »
Photoshopped. Obviously.

If you look at the link I posted in another thread to the New Zealand Antarctic team web page, it has a webcam on it showing the base. Sit there and look at it around December 21st for 24 hours and see what the light is doing, why don't you? If you are going to claim other people's accounts are wrong, that the Antarctic Circle doesn't exist, and that there is no South Pole, you need to lift a finger to back yourself up, otherwise you give us no reason to listen to a word you say. You're like a mad old tramp in a dustbin, rambling meaningless nonsense, unless you can give us a grain of truth.

Oh and BTW since you adore showing stills from the Star Wars movies and pointing out how realistic they look compared to pictures taken from space or high altitude of Earth, describing a picture as "obviously" Photoshopped is hypocritical when you lean so heavily on the "you can make things look perfectly real with Photoshop" argument  :P
Watermelon, Rhubarb Rhubarb, no one believes the Earth is Flat, Peas and Carrots,  walla.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2011, 05:04:49 AM »
Wait..whats the argument here? that it does not stay light for 6 months? or am i off..?

That seems to be the $h1t being claimed right now.  None of them have been there, but all of those who have must be lying, otherwise, it would prove Rowbotham wrong.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2011, 10:09:17 PM »
The sun around midnight in Antartica.

The midnight sun exists in Antarctica.

http://www.gdargaud.net/Antarctica/AntarSky.html
I found this site which actually invokes NZ effect at one point, but shows that the sun is not always visible below the Antarctic circle as expected.
Further:
Quote from: Guillaume Dargaud
After years of attemps, I managed to follow the sun during 24 hours.
Certainly, it should not be this difficult to film the :existing" midnight sun, should it?
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2011, 02:46:52 AM »
Midnight sun is well recorded, in Arctic and in Antarctica, those are evidences difficlt to disproof, certainly not with one lonely guy vs the thousands of scientifics who work in Antarctica.
“The Earth looks flat, therefore it is” FEers wisdom.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2011, 06:23:39 AM »
Certainly, it should not be this difficult to film the :existing" midnight sun, should it?

Did you miss this bit, or are you just ignoring it:
http://www.gdargaud.net/Antarctica/SunRun.html
It's still above the horizon, but below the mass of the continent dominating the south view (compare with the visible sea).
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2011, 05:24:17 PM »
Midnight sun is well recorded, in Arctic and in Antarctica, those are evidences difficult to disproof, certainly not with one lonely guy vs the thousands of scientists who work in Antarctica.

But NASA has has thousands of ninjas and boot wearing fairies working for them.  They can make you believe anything they want.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2011, 10:50:57 AM »

Did you miss this bit, or are you just ignoring it:
http://www.gdargaud.net/Antarctica/SunRun.html
It's still above the horizon, but below the mass of the continent dominating the south view (compare with the visible sea).

He didn't miss it.  He is fully aware of it. 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2011, 04:45:32 PM »
I thought "below the mass of the continent" was globularist speak for "under the horizon".
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

?

Nolhekh

• Animator
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2011, 06:59:26 PM »
I thought "below the mass of the continent" was globularist speak for "under the horizon".
That would be "below the mass of the earth"