Pendulums.

• 69 Replies
Re: Pendulums.
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2011, 06:17:08 PM »
The earth tilts which causes tides and also pendulums.

If this were true, then gravity would seem to change direction as the disk of the Earth would tilt. Not only that, but then you have to explain why the tilting of the Earth only affects moving pendulums and not stationary ones.
You, sir, can't comprehend the idea of bottoms.

« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2011, 12:27:55 AM »
I've been to Paris personally. Both Paris and the pendulum exist.

To my mind, any result with a pendulum using electromagnets is suspect.

The electromagnet is merely there to keep the pendulum going. Pendulums without such assistance show the same behaviour but will stop their motion eventually.

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2011, 07:13:39 AM »

If this were true, then gravity would seem to change direction as the disk of the Earth would tilt. Not only that, but then you have to explain why the tilting of the Earth only affects moving pendulums and not stationary ones.

??? The rotation of the plane counters any movement of static pendulums.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2011, 08:25:06 AM »

It is generally accepted that the FE does not rotate.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2011, 09:10:06 AM »
The tilting of the earth causes pendulums?
First human spacewalker, Cosmonaut Alexei Leonov: “Lifting my head I could see the curvature of the Earth's horizon. ’So the world really is round,’ I said softly to myself, as if the words came from somewhere deep in my soul. "

WardoggKC130FE

• What website is that? MadeUpMonkeyShit.com?
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2011, 09:12:20 AM »

But what if it does........

« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2011, 09:13:37 AM »

And if it did, it doesn't explain why the precession is faster at the poles than at the equator (where there is no precession at all)
First human spacewalker, Cosmonaut Alexei Leonov: “Lifting my head I could see the curvature of the Earth's horizon. ’So the world really is round,’ I said softly to myself, as if the words came from somewhere deep in my soul. "

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2011, 09:17:29 AM »
Very true.  I guess it doesnt and its just the magnets doing it.

« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2011, 10:18:22 AM »
Very true.  I guess it doesnt and its just the magnets doing it.
um...which magnets..

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2011, 10:27:06 AM »
THE magnets. 

« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2011, 11:13:17 AM »
THE magnets.

My pendulum didn't use any magnets...
You, sir, can't comprehend the idea of bottoms.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2011, 12:00:45 PM »

But what if it does........

Then it would be just one more thing that Rowbotham was wrong about.

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2011, 03:46:38 PM »

This is incorrect. There is much debate on the issue. In the Colchester Model the earth rotates.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2011, 04:26:49 PM »
This is incorrect. There is much debate on the issue. In the Colchester Model the earth rotates.

Samuel Birly Rowbotham proved beyond doubt that the flat earth does not rotate in his seminal work Earth Not a Globe.

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2011, 07:25:42 PM »
He was mistaken about many things. Such as young girls skirts. He could not understand them which is why he got perspective wrong. However ENaG is the best and most accurate record of the shape of the earth.

PizzaPlanet

• Now available in stereo
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2011, 09:43:51 PM »
Samuel Birly Rowbotham proved beyond doubt that the flat earth does not rotate in his seminal work Earth Not a Globe.
This doesn't affect the fact that there is much debate about it. There's also much debate about the shape of the Earth*, even though it's been conclusively proven to be round/flat**.

* - here
** - delete as appropriate according to personal beliefs
hacking your precious forum as we speak 8) 8) 8)

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2011, 09:56:16 PM »
This doesn't affect the fact that there is much debate about it.
What evidence do you have to support this outlandish claim?  I don't remember seeing much, if any, debate among FE'ers about this (or much of anything else, for that matter).

?

The Knowledge

• FE'ers don't do experiments. It costs too much.
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2011, 03:20:08 AM »
He was mistaken about many things. Such as young girls skirts. He could not understand them which is why he got perspective wrong. However ENaG is the best and most accurate record of the shape of the earth.

Despite the fact that the Bedford Level results recorded by Rowbotham completely contradict his own perspective theory? And this is "the best" work on FET?
Watermelon, Rhubarb Rhubarb, no one believes the Earth is Flat, Peas and Carrots,  walla.

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2011, 05:23:35 PM »
This doesn't affect the fact that there is much debate about it.
What evidence do you have to support this outlandish claim?  I don't remember seeing much, if any, debate among FE'ers about this (or much of anything else, for that matter).

Because you are a RE you are not privy to our super secret discussions. You will have to take our word for it: There has been much discussion.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2011, 06:02:37 PM »
Because you are a RE you are not privy to our super secret discussions. You will have to take our word for it: There has been much discussion.

Super secret discussions?  Sounds like a conspiracy to me.

?

trig

« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2011, 04:58:10 AM »

Not when the discussion is "What are we going to do? We have nothing to show!"

« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2011, 07:19:44 AM »
I feel like I should put my input in here as I have personal experience with this experiment.

I am currently at university doing a physics degree and I have seen this experiment performed myself, and taken the measurements personally. We used a wooden pendulum to account for any magnetic interference and we performed it inside a vacuum to account for wind or other things which could cause anomalous readings. The pendulum moved away from it's original axis.

Can you think of any other reason to cause such a result if not the rotation of the earth?

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2011, 07:49:30 AM »
How big was the vacuum chamber you performed this experiment in?

« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2011, 10:54:58 AM »
The chamber was large airtight bell jar, perhaps a metre across and a metre and a half tall?

?

Thork

« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2011, 11:00:53 AM »
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=51073.msg1252272#msg1252272
Someone else already pretended to have done this experiment. The standard of trolling this week is very poor. The mods seem to only punish senior members for trolling.

Its probably the same person with a new account, having embarrassed himself the first time. ::)

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2011, 12:05:38 PM »

Yes. You are correct this is further evidence of The Conspiracy's (NASA) attempts to strangle freedom and equality.

« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2011, 12:17:05 PM »
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=51073.msg1252272#msg1252272
Someone else already pretended to have done this experiment. The standard of trolling this week is very poor. The mods seem to only punish senior members for trolling.

Its probably the same person with a new account, having embarrassed himself the first time. ::)

I'm quite offended you would believe that. Can you not think of any contradictory argument so have to resort to "HE MUST BE A TROLL."?

If you believe I'm the same person get a mod to check my IP or something if that's possible, I'm sure there is some way for them to see I am not a duplicate account.

?

Thork

« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2011, 12:22:43 PM »
I posted a contradictory argument which to a man, all the RErs ignored.

The point is, why should we take your word for it that you got the results you did? Its just like you claiming to have walked on the moon. You cannot say you got results and demand we explain them, when the odds are overwhelming that you haven't done the experiment and that you are just saying you have. It is you that needs to do the explaining and proving.

Also using a proxy server is not beyond the wit of man.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 12:31:22 PM by Thork »

« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2011, 12:38:11 PM »
The gyroscopes and random precession? A gyroscope toppling is due to it slowing down and losing the centrifugal force keeping them upright. If you could create a gyroscope with absolutely zero friction it would remain in a perfect spin forever, however this it not possible. Either way that is not relevant to a pendulum, because a pendulum has no sidewards forces affecting it at all on a small scale, so if it goes off-axis at all it must be due to a grander force, for instance, the earth rotating?

?

The Knowledge

• FE'ers don't do experiments. It costs too much.
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2011, 04:37:22 PM »
I posted a contradictory argument which to a man, all the RErs ignored.

Thork's argument: "I don't like your spelling, so I don't believe you."

::)
Watermelon, Rhubarb Rhubarb, no one believes the Earth is Flat, Peas and Carrots,  walla.