Weather Balloons

• 15 Replies
Weather Balloons
« on: October 05, 2011, 02:57:51 PM »
How do you explain how youtube is full of videos of ordinary people building and filming weather balloons in near space. This father-son team did it with an iphone. Does NASA control youtube and google as well??

Re: Weather Balloons
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 03:04:27 PM »
How do you explain how youtube is full of videos of ordinary people building and filming weather balloons in near space. This father-son team did it with an iphone. Does NASA control youtube and google as well??

The only answer that you'll get from FEers is that NASA is full of wizards that can project their evil powers onto every iphone on the planet... and most video cameras apparently.
You, sir, can't comprehend the idea of bottoms.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 04:43:56 PM »
That is patently untrue. To my knowledge, every flat earth believer accepts the video evidence of high-altitude balloons. Nor do we anticipate some curvature should be evident at height.
Even the most feeble-minded among you must see that the video is filmed through a wide-angle lens. The horizon appears amazingly curved, or flat depending on it's orientation in the video. At one point it even looks concave.
This thread has been rehashed several times over.
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 06:22:45 PM »
That is patently untrue. To my knowledge, every flat earth believer accepts the video evidence of high-altitude balloons. Nor do we anticipate some curvature should be evident at height.
Even the most feeble-minded among you must see that the video is filmed through a wide-angle lens. The horizon appears amazingly curved, or flat depending on it's orientation in the video. At one point it even looks concave.
This thread has been rehashed several times over.

You must have seen the wrong video, please look again. the curvature of the horizon was constant during the entire video. At no point during the video did the horizon look "concave." Try again. I'll wait.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 08:38:20 PM »
I did watch the video. If you don't see the fish-eye effect it only confirms your blatant bias.
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 08:51:28 PM »
I did watch the video. If you don't see the fish-eye effect it only confirms your blatant bias.

There was no distortion, therefore there is no fish-eye effect, therefore there is nothing for me to observe. It follows that you are the one with blatant bias.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 09:04:41 PM »
You must be kidding.

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 09:07:34 PM »
You must be kidding.

Another thing you are mistaken about.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2011, 06:11:33 AM »

There was no distortion, therefore there is no fish-eye effect, therefore there is nothing for me to observe. It follows that you are the one with blatant bias.
There was distortion at different points through out the whole flight. How could you miss it, if you are not deliberately overlooking it?
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

WardoggKC130FE

• What website is that? MadeUpMonkeyShit.com?
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2011, 09:29:13 AM »
You must be kidding.

I will tell you this.  At the 30,000 foot mark there is an apparent curve to the horizon.  You cannot see the curvature of the earth at 30,000 feet.  Fact.  Which makes the rest of the video worthless to showing any curvature at higher altitudes.

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2011, 12:29:43 PM »
AM I the only one who noticed that the earth is completley lit the entire time? no "D" shape spotlight effect, not lit up cities in the dark, just day time on a round earth.

Your god was nailed to a cross. Mine carries a hammer...... any questions?

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2011, 04:35:18 PM »
You must be kidding.

I will tell you this.  At the 30,000 foot mark there is an apparent curve to the horizon.  You cannot see the curvature of the earth at 30,000 feet.  Fact.  Which makes the rest of the video worthless to showing any curvature at higher altitudes.

You can see the curvature of the Earth at lower altitudes than that.

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2011, 05:23:43 PM »
You must be kidding.

No, you can't.

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2011, 07:59:15 PM »
You must be kidding.

No, you can't.

evidence?

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2011, 05:47:05 AM »
You should lurk some.  I posted a picture I took from 45,000 feet, with no visible curvature.

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2011, 11:22:12 AM »
Which method did you use?
“The Earth looks flat, therefore it is” FEers wisdom.