Detailed flat earth map

• 66 Replies
Detailed flat earth map
« on: September 28, 2011, 11:23:51 AM »
Could someone provide one please? And i don't mean one of your little pictures you use as avatars, I mean one with the same detail that exists on maps of a spheric earth, with timezones, distance scale, etc.

You know, like these :

« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 11:34:56 AM by gnnmsf »

Re: Detailed flat earth map
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 12:08:19 PM »
You should come up with one.

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 01:03:50 PM »

I don't need to, i'm not the one trying to defend FET.

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 01:24:44 PM »

I doesn't really matter if you need to or not. Creating a FE map is impossible because all the points on Earth will fit accurately to a sphere and not a disk. It is a futile effort to try. If you want an approximation of an FE map look a flat projection of the Earth, you will have distortions but for the most part it gives you a good idea.
You, sir, can't comprehend the idea of bottoms.

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 01:38:42 PM »

I doesn't really matter if you need to or not. Creating a FE map is impossible because all the points on Earth will fit accurately to a sphere and not a disk. It is a futile effort to try. If you want an approximation of an FE map look a flat projection of the Earth, you will have distortions but for the most part it gives you a good idea.

Guys, my question was not addressed to REers.

FEers, please show me a detailed map of flat earth. If your theory is so accurate, surely you should have a map at least as detailed as the spheric earth map you say is NOT accurate?

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 02:01:31 PM »

FEers, please show me a detailed map of flat earth. If your theory is so accurate, surely you should have a map at least as detailed as the spheric earth map you say is NOT accurate?

The RET map was made by thousands of stratellites and well trained cartographers. Where are we supposed to get those?

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 02:40:02 PM »
The RET map was made by thousands of stratellites and well trained cartographers. Where are we supposed to get those?

You tell me Einstein, you're the one with a theory to prove.

Oh and have you thought about the fact that if cartographers never made a map of a flat earth, its because it ISN'T flat? wait wait...i guess the cartographers are in on the conspiracy too? How about the stratellites? they're the masterminds???

Sometimes i just feel like deep down, you FEers KNOW that your theory is bullcrap, but you keep on defending it just to have a reason to say there's a conspiracy and put on a tinfoil hat. Is it the new cool thing to do?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 02:57:31 PM by gnnmsf »

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 03:11:59 PM »
We're only looking for a map of FE coherent with accurate distances (especially in the southern hemisphere).
“The Earth looks flat, therefore it is” FEers wisdom.

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2011, 05:50:49 PM »

The RET map was made by thousands of satellites and well trained cartographers. Where are we supposed to get those?

fixed

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2011, 06:07:56 PM »

The RET map was made by thousands of satellites and well trained cartographers. Where are we supposed to get those?

fixed

Nope. Satellites can't exist on a flat Earth, but stratellites can.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2011, 06:09:39 PM »

Oh and have you thought about the fact that if cartographers never made a map of a flat earth, its because it ISN'T flat? wait wait...i guess the cartographers are in on the conspiracy too? How about the stratellites? they're the masterminds???

Sometimes i just feel like deep down, you FEers KNOW that your theory is bullcrap, but you keep on defending it just to have a reason to say there's a conspiracy and put on a tinfoil hat. Is it the new cool thing to do?

1) No, they started with the belief that the Earth is round and went from there. It was a simple mistake

2) Many of us don't believe in the conspiracy at all. It's not an integral part of FET.

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2011, 07:11:47 PM »

1) No, they started with the belief that the Earth is round and went from there. It was a simple mistake

2) Many of us don't believe in the conspiracy at all. It's not an integral part of FET.

I'm afraid that the conspiracy IS an integral part of FET. <sarcasm>How else would people not know the true nature of the universe if they weren't being lied to</sarcasm>

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2011, 09:22:17 PM »

waiiiiiit a second.

I thought that in FET, the explaination to all the video and photographic evidence was that there IS a conspiracy??? You people keep on telling us REers to go read the FAQs...maybe YOU should read your own FAQs, because it is clearly stated that there is a conspiracy and that NASA orchestrated it. If there ISN'T such a conspiracy, how do you explain all known images of the spheric earth??

Yet another demonstration that you people don't even agree on the very basis of your theory...Hell, you don't even seem sure of what you do and do not believe, you constantly contradict yourself...

« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 09:26:15 PM by gnnmsf »

Supertails

• what do i put here
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2011, 12:05:33 AM »
Some like John Davis believe there's no conspiracy and that satellites can go into space, but I frankly find that ridiculous. There's no way they could possibly do that and get the pictures they do if the earth was flat. I'd never really gotten an answer about that when I asked him.
Recently listened to:

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2011, 05:47:46 AM »
I'd never really gotten an answer about that when I asked him.

Funny how that works huh?

As soon as it becomes inconvenient or impossible for FEers to give an answer that makes sense, they bail on the discussion...

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2011, 07:55:07 AM »
Hey Tausami,

are you going to answer to my post # 12?? or are you just going to act like you never came back to this thread because you know deep down that you're screwed and cannot give an intelligent response??

I see you just replied to other threads...I KNOW you came back to look at this one.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2011, 09:10:43 AM »

waiiiiiit a second.

I thought that in FET, the explaination to all the video and photographic evidence was that there IS a conspiracy??? You people keep on telling us REers to go read the FAQs...maybe YOU should read your own FAQs, because it is clearly stated that there is a conspiracy and that NASA orchestrated it. If there ISN'T such a conspiracy, how do you explain all known images of the spheric earth??

Yet another demonstration that you people don't even agree on the very basis of your theory...Hell, you don't even seem sure of what you do and do not believe, you constantly contradict yourself...

The FAQ is actually quite terrible. It's an excellent introduction, but fails to explain the theories in detail. You see, our theory isn't unified. We have many theories, and as it's impossible for us to do any research for reasons already stated, none of them can be proven or disproven.  Thus, we embrace the many theories as proof that FE is possible. John Davis, for instance, does not believe in a conspiracy. However, I'm hardly an FE scholar, having been here for only a year, and cannot seem to find any information about what he believes in place of the conspiracy. You'd do better to ask  him.
Apologies. I'm quite busy as of recent, between school, my research (on the Barnegat Bay, not on FET), and sleeping just about whenever I'm not doing the other two.

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2011, 09:31:24 AM »

The FAQ is actually quite terrible. It's an excellent introduction, but fails to explain the theories in detail. You see, our theory isn't unified. We have many theories, and as it's impossible for us to do any research for reasons already stated, none of them can be proven or disproven.  Thus, we embrace the many theories as proof that FE is possible. John Davis, for instance, does not believe in a conspiracy. However, I'm hardly an FE scholar, having been here for only a year, and cannot seem to find any information about what he believes in place of the conspiracy. You'd do better to ask  him.
Apologies. I'm quite busy as of recent, between school, my research (on the Barnegat Bay, not on FET), and sleeping just about whenever I'm not doing the other two.

Yet again, you've successfully avoided my question.

Here it is again :

If there ISN'T such a conspiracy, how do you explain all known images, both photographic and videographic, of the spheric earth??

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2011, 09:37:52 AM »

Here it is again :

If there ISN'T such a conspiracy, how do you explain all known images, both photographic and videographic, of the spheric earth??

Again, I'm not sure. I'm still somewhat of a noob here myself. PM John about it. He's online right now, though he rarely is.

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2011, 09:39:55 AM »
why does there have to be a conspiracy?
every picture from space shows a cirlce of light.

(kind of what the spherical sun would do so close to the earth)
the unlit section is in darkness. the earth could be larger than this lit circle. It is yet for us to discover.
Satelites orbit around the circle, probably due to the same force that causes the moon/stars/sun ect

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2011, 10:45:15 AM »

Here it is again :

Again, I'm not sure. I'm still somewhat of a noob here myself. PM John about it. He's online right now, though he rarely is.

Tausami,
I understand you want to stay objective and all, but The fact is that one of the very first things you should be thinking about if you want to believe in flat earth is precisely how such photographic and videographic evidence of a spheric earth can exists if our planet is in fact flat. It should be one of the very foundations of your theory. If you're unsure of such a fondamental question, than you're just throwing a funny idea without any proof or even reasonnable assumption to disprove RET.

Imagine you going to court over it :

"judge, i believe the earth is flat"
"OK sir, how do you explain all the scientific evidence that its a sphere?"
"I don't know. I just believe the earth is flat, I've chosen to ignore existing proof of its roundness, And i have nothing to support my theory"

That basically sums up my question and your answer right now...

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2011, 11:05:27 AM »

Here it is again :

Tausami,
I understand you want to stay objective and all, but The fact is that one of the very first things you should be thinking about if you want to believe in flat earth is precisely how such photographic and videographic evidence of a spheric earth can exists if our planet is in fact flat. It should be one of the very foundations of your theory. If you're unsure of such a fondamental question, than you're just throwing a funny idea without any proof or even reasonnable assumption to disprove RET.

Imagine you going to court over it :

"judge, i believe the earth is flat"
"OK sir, how do you explain all the scientific evidence that its a sphere?"
"I don't know. I just believe the earth is flat, I've chosen to ignore existing proof of its roundness, And i have nothing to support my theory"

That basically sums up my question and your answer right now...

I believe in the conspiracy. I'm simply explaining that some don't. And I think iwanttobelieve is right. He has a low post count, but he lurks just about constantly.

?

Puttah

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2011, 11:11:42 AM »
Satelites orbit around the circle, probably due to the same force that causes the moon/stars/sun ect
This force is centripetal acceleration while in orbit, the gravitational attraction between two masses.
Scepti, this idiocy needs to stop and it needs to stop right now. You are making a mockery of this fine forum with your poor trolling. You are a complete disgrace.

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2011, 06:24:58 PM »
the unlit section is in darkness. the earth could be larger than this lit circle. It is yet for us to discover.
So back in 1492, people were capable of transatlantic voyages. Shortly after, the entire world was circumnavigated. Since then, despite all of the technological advances that have been made, you actually believe that some parts of the earth are in constant darkness and so have yet to be discovered? Are you freaking serious? I hope someone invents something to light up dark places. They could call it a torch or spotlight or something. Then this could really be put to bed.

You've surely heard of gravity...

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2011, 06:36:11 PM »
So back in 1492, people were capable of transatlantic voyages. Shortly after, the entire world was circumnavigated. Since then, despite all of the technological advances that have been made, you actually believe that some parts of the earth are in constant darkness and so have yet to be discovered? Are you freaking serious? I hope someone invents something to light up dark places. They could call it a torch or spotlight or something. Then this could really be put to bed.

You've surely heard of gravity...

Lurk moar

« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2011, 08:51:20 PM »

There are links to a variety of maps on the FAQ page, but here is one by those who advocate that Antarctica is a continent.

Here is another from the FAQs:

I will see if I can find a detailed "school" one as you require. However, people should know where places are without labels.

?

Puttah

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2011, 09:25:24 PM »
There are links to a variety of maps on the FAQ page, but here is one by those who advocate that Antarctica is a continent.

Australia is as big as Africa. Fail.

Here is another from the FAQs:

Antarctica's coast is many times longer than it really is. Fail.
Scepti, this idiocy needs to stop and it needs to stop right now. You are making a mockery of this fine forum with your poor trolling. You are a complete disgrace.

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2011, 09:36:32 PM »

Antarctica's coast is many times longer than it really is. Fail.

I believe it was asked to show a map, not to Pass of Fail a map.
gnnmsf's map shows Greenland as the size of Europe. FAIL! :P

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2011, 09:38:01 PM »

It is alleged that in the winter the area covered by ice sheets is roughly the same size as Africa. Not that you're interested in anything other than panning the thoughts of others.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 09:49:48 PM by Ski »
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2011, 09:41:17 PM »
More maps and I will keep posting more until you are all sick of seeing them  ;D

Line map small (sorry I couldn't make it bigger)

« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 09:47:04 PM by Flat-Moon »