proof the earth is round

• 36 Replies
Re: proof the earth is round
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2011, 03:49:37 PM »
I've never understood people's obsession with the Bedford level. It's a flowing body of water. By it's very nature, it must be built on a slight downward slope for it to flow. Why are people so adamant that it's a accurate representation of the Earth's shape, given the water in it hasn't settled to a point where it's representative of the planet's shape?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2011, 05:28:07 PM »
Some of the Bedford Level experiments HAVE been recent. Our President actually conducted the experiment himself, and guess what? The Earth was flat according to his findings.

I don't recall Daniel saying that he made his observations from 18 inches above the waterline like Rowbotham did.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2011, 11:26:24 PM »
I could equally claim that you ignore the multiple experiments over the years that confirmed Rowbotham's conclusions
You could indeed. The difference, of course, is that I would be ignoring experiments & results that have since been refuted.

Scientific theories are constantly evolving based on new evidence, experiments, etc. What you are doing is ignoring the newest, peer-reviewed scientific theories in favour of archaic disproved theories. What I am doing is ignoring the older, disproved theories in favour of the newer, peer-reviewed ones. I'm sure you can see the difference.

The problem with conspiracy theories is that no evidence can disprove them - they will all simply become part of the conspiracy.

Some of the Bedford Level experiments HAVE been recent. Our President actually conducted the experiment himself, and guess what? The Earth was flat according to his findings.

Link?
Has this been peer reviewed? Again link?
By president, I assume you're referring to the president of the FE society. He wouldn't be biased at all I'm sure.

If he had determined that the world was round I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be the president of FES for very long. He had a LOT of motivation to lie about his results. He's no better than the conspiracy.
You, sir, can't comprehend the idea of bottoms.

« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2011, 12:38:26 PM »
I have been on these forums, and I am convinced that the earth is round. Arguing with these people is like arguing with the mentally ill.

?

alex00

• The Earth is as flat as Pamela Anderson
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2011, 12:52:02 PM »
I have been on these forums, and I am convinced that the earth is round. Arguing with these people is like arguing with the mentally ill.
QFTW
The Official Flat Earth Lawyer:

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2011, 04:11:27 AM »
I could equally claim that you ignore the multiple experiments over the years that confirmed Rowbotham's conclusions
You could indeed. The difference, of course, is that I would be ignoring experiments & results that have since been refuted.

Scientific theories are constantly evolving based on new evidence, experiments, etc. What you are doing is ignoring the newest, peer-reviewed scientific theories in favour of archaic disproved theories. What I am doing is ignoring the older, disproved theories in favour of the newer, peer-reviewed ones. I'm sure you can see the difference.

The problem with conspiracy theories is that no evidence can disprove them - they will all simply become part of the conspiracy.

Link?
Has this been peer reviewed? Again link?
By president, I assume you're referring to the president of the FE society. He wouldn't be biased at all I'm sure.

If he had determined that the world was round I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be the president of FES for very long. He had a LOT of motivation to lie about his results. He's no better than the conspiracy.

Of course. NASA provide photos, footage, etc. but that's all part of the conspiracy.

The president of the Flat Earth Society does an experiment that isn't peer reviewed. OMG THE WORLD IS FLAT!!! /sarcasm

?

The Knowledge

• FE'ers don't do experiments. It costs too much.
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2011, 12:31:17 PM »
there is a horizon i dont care if you make some explaination on a flat earth, that explaination would have to be proven which it isn't

the north and south stars can only be seen from respective hemispheres once again you would have to prove your explaination.

Space flight is possible you can't just dismiss this with the conspiracy, you would first have to prove there really is a conspiracy.

we have pictures of the earth once again youd have to prove the conspiracy first

you can circumnavigate the globe.

all the other planets are round and so is the sun and all other stars and exoplanets
you can't dismiss this by the conspiracy either for the same reason.

the seasons and day and night once again you may have a flat earth explaination but you would have to prove these first before you can dismiss the round earth explaination which has evidence and proof

the magnetic poles are only explained in a round earth. again you may have an explaination but it hasnt been proven

gravity explains why things fall why the earth orbits the sun the moon orbits the earth. ua hasn't been proven gravity has evidence and proof

there is much more but the key is you can't dismiss proof that the earth is round without proving that your reason for dismissing it its true first.

Logicalskeptic, you're going about this all wrong. The points you need to raise are:
1. FET has no explanation for objects sinking over the horizon rather than getting smaller into the distance, except for...
2. Bendy light, which has been discredited due to mucking up star positions, which doesn't happen.
3. UA cannot account for variable gravity in different places on the earth.
4. INS guidance equipment as used on many aircraft and submarines disproves the necessary FET theory that if you travel east or west you're actually traversing part of a big circle to left or right rather than a yaw-free line
5. Where is the south polar base? Mark it on a map please (there's a whole thread on this they can't bring themselves to answer)
6. Why does the sun travel all the way round the sky when seen in summer in Antarctica, rather than moving to one side of the sky then back in the opposite direction?
7. Why has nobody ever been further south than the south pole?
8. Why does Rowbotham's own perspective theory disagree with his results from the Bedford Level Experiment?
9. How do aircraft travel from Australia to South America non-stop without running out of fuel, when it's beyond the range of any commercial airliner in FET?
10. If the moon is only 3000 miles away then why do observers in different parts of the world see almost exactly the same view when they look at it?
11. When will Tom Bishop realise that Daniel isn't going to put him in charge?
12. Can Thork get any angrier?
13. When can we eat Tausami's delicious looking chicken?
Watermelon, Rhubarb Rhubarb, no one believes the Earth is Flat, Peas and Carrots,  walla.