The 4 seasons??

• 39 Replies
Re: The 4 seasons??
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2011, 06:09:38 PM »
Does not the sun travel faster during the winter months in RE theory? Indeed RE theory says it does as the Earth races toward the sun to it's closest approach in RE's model of Earth's elliptical orbit around the sun. In FE theory we have the gravity of the sun, moon, and stars, interacting with each other in addition to the Universal Acceleration of the Earth affecting objects.

Nope. the sun does not travel at all relative to the earth. In fact the reason for the short and long days in nothing more than surface earth exposure to the sun based on angle. The number of hours does not change nor does the speed of a minute.

The earth does not race towards the just as nascar driver do not race towards the Center of the track. Their orbit may bring them a tad closes or further from the center but the frequency of the rotation of the earth is constant.
Your god was nailed to a cross. Mine carries a hammer...... any questions?

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2011, 07:47:06 PM »
this is a very good point. so does the sun change speed? also in the south hemiplane the stars rotate faster too? this doesnt make sense at all, although im very tired. surely our winters will have longer periods of day light. if the sun/moon is moving faster, can this be measured? my reasoning suggests that the sun must always be close to the equator. perhaps another force causes the seasons?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 05:55:24 PM by squevil »

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2011, 11:33:50 PM »
this is a very good point. so does the sun change speed? also in the south hemiplane the stars rotate faster too? this doesnt make sense at all although im very tired. surely our winters will have longer periods of day light. if the sun/mood is moving faster can this be measured. my reasoning suggests that the sun must always be close to the equator. perhaps another force causes the seasons.

Even if it only moves a little bit away from the equator, the length of a day would be noticably longer or shorter. 

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2011, 05:55:50 PM »
yeh its not been thought through really has it

PizzaPlanet

• Now available in stereo
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2011, 06:00:18 PM »
Even if it only moves a little bit away from the equator, the length of a day would be noticably longer or shorter.
You're making an assumption that the Sun's linear (and not angular) velocity is constant. Why are you making this assumption?
As for the "does the sun change speed?" question - it has to change at least one of the two velocities. It's elementary physics.
hacking your precious forum as we speak 8) 8) 8)

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2011, 07:33:30 PM »
You're making an assumption that the Sun's linear (and not angular) velocity is constant. Why are you making this assumption?
As for the "does the sun change speed?" question - it has to change at least one of the two velocities. It's elementary physics.

care to explain your version on how the seasons work? its a bit confusing

PizzaPlanet

• Now available in stereo
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2011, 11:28:34 PM »
Pretty much the same, except for the fact that angular momentum is preserved.
hacking your precious forum as we speak 8) 8) 8)

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2011, 07:06:21 AM »
Pretty much the same, except for the fact that angular momentum is preserved.

So, in FET, the tilt of the Earth causes one hemisphere to receive more direct sunlight than the other hemisphere, causing summer in one and winter in the other?  If so, then why are people soiling the FET by saying that the sun's orbit around the Earth changes in circumference during different times of the year? 

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2011, 07:12:54 AM »
the earth cant tilt, without gravity wouldnt you think it would change more than just the seasons?
also "pretty much the same" doesnt answer my question. what do you think causes the seasons?

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2011, 07:16:40 AM »
It is covered in the FAQ. There are even two pretty diagrams in the FAQ. I refuse to believe that you really tried looking for it.
I don't know maserati. I don't know what he believes. The fact that he posts half-applicable extreme religious views in every post leads me to believe he is a troll, but I can't know that for a fact. If his opinion differs on the reason for the season, he is happy to it. If you'd like to know what he believes, address your questions to him.

its not covered and the FAQ is very wrong on many accounts. refering people to the FAQ is low content posting.
the 4 seasons shouldnt be hard to explain surely? if you have a passion for flat earth theory then discuss it with us please