Anyone seen this video?

• 39 Replies
Anyone seen this video?
« on: September 09, 2011, 12:32:29 PM »
I think that the easiest way to prove that Earth is round is by video.... right? Do all FE'ers think that all videos/pictures of earth are fake? I remember watching one of these videos where someone sends a weather balloon into space with a camera attached. If you watch the video you'll see that when the camera gets to its highest point Earth looks pretty freaking spherical. I'm sure that there is some sort of argument against this other than that the video is fake. If there is please enlighten me.

?

thefireproofmatch

• ಠ_ರೃ
Re: Anyone seen this video?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 12:34:14 PM »
Do all FE'ers think that all videos/pictures of earth are fake?
Depends. They will probably blame this one on distortion.
we're expected to throw up our hands and just BELIEVE.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 12:35:56 PM »
It's a fish-eye or wide-angle lens. In the video, depending on where the earth is positioned, sometimes the earth is convex, sometimes the earth is flat, and sometimes the earth is even concave.

?

thefireproofmatch

• ಠ_ರೃ
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 12:42:56 PM »
It's a fish-eye or wide-angle lens.
How do you know this?

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 12:45:43 PM »
Hm okay I see what you mean with the wide angle lens. So I'm just trying to understand though, are all pictures of Earth from space fake or what? I mean if the Earth really were flat, why would people wanna hide that fact by photoshopping EVERY picture?? I mean it's not just NASA that has taken pictures of the Earth from space. You'd think some guy would be like "WOW I just took a picture of the Earth and it is freaking FLAT! I can make a lot of money off of this because every other round picture of Earth is ROUND!" You know what I mean?

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 12:46:05 PM »
How do you know this?

Look at the other part of his response. It is quite true.

?

thefireproofmatch

• ಠ_ರೃ
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 12:47:41 PM »
How do you know this?

Look at the other part of his response. It is quite true.
iPhones have fish-eye lenses?

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2011, 12:52:07 PM »

this one isn't with a fish-eye lense

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2011, 01:46:57 PM »

this one isn't with a fish-eye lense

That one wasn't made by a neutral third party like the first video. It was made by NASA, a fraudulent government organization.

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2011, 01:55:12 PM »
Riiiiight.... Well you never answered my other argument. NASA isn't the only organization to take photos of space from a reasonable distance. Why would they hide that the earth is flat???

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2011, 01:59:48 PM »
Also if the Earth were flat why is it that when you are on something high like a mountain you can't see on and on? This is assuming clear skies of course. Or even a view from the beach looking out towards the ocean, you should be able to see land on the other side. Like standing on the West side of Florida you should be able to see Texas right?

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2011, 03:20:44 PM »
Riiiiight.... Well you never answered my other argument. NASA isn't the only organization to take photos of space from a reasonable distance. Why would they hide that the earth is flat???

Well, the European Space Agency, Indian Space Agency, and Japanese Space Agency were NASA spin-offs and maintain very close ties to NASA. NASA built those entities from the ground up.

Other factions, such as the Chinese Space Agency, operate independently from NASA and do not claim alliance.

It's a game of lies. Countries pretend to have space programs because claiming that you can put bodies into space means that your military reach is world-wide and can annihilate your enemies at a distance. Countries don't start space programs for peaceful scientific purposes. It's to put Nukes into orbit. That's why the US created its space program and its why everyone else has its space program.

NASA's purpose isn't to trick people into believing the earth is round. The purpose of NASA is to trick others into believing that they can send missiles into space.

They depict the earth as round in their photos and videos because at the time of NASA's creation everyone already believed that the earth was round, based on the teaching of the Ancient Greeks. Obviously a round earth is what they would show. The NASA conspirators most likely believed themselves that the earth was round when putting together their fake space missions. That's what they were brought up to believe and were taught in kindergarten, after all.

Perhaps if NASA actually invested money into earth and space research rather than faking it and pocketing the profit they would know that the earth is really flat.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 11:08:09 AM by Tom Bishop »

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2011, 03:31:39 PM »
Also if the Earth were flat why is it that when you are on something high like a mountain you can't see on and on? This is assuming clear skies of course. Or even a view from the beach looking out towards the ocean, you should be able to see land on the other side. Like standing on the West side of Florida you should be able to see Texas right?

The atmosphere is not perfectly transparent.

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2011, 06:06:39 PM »
If you're on a mountain then you're not near the atmosphere.

Also so basically you're saying that every single Earth photo that I've ever seen is photoshopped?

?

thefireproofmatch

• ಠ_ರೃ
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2011, 06:07:09 PM »

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2011, 06:24:55 PM »

Mountains must be very tall where you live.    :-\
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2011, 11:24:56 PM »

Why not?  ???

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2011, 11:29:39 AM »

You are.

Also so basically you're saying that every single Earth photo that I've ever seen is photoshopped?

Photos from the very upper edges of the atmosphere, such from a high altitude balloon, may show some curvature. This is because the observer is looking down at a circle.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 02:20:49 PM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2011, 08:04:27 PM »
Okay right so you're saying the atmosphere is not perfectly transparent, that's the reason you can't see on and on when you're up high. BUT if the Earth were flat then you would have the same field of vision whether you were on top of a building or on top of a mountain but that is not the case.

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2011, 08:17:25 PM »
Photos from the very upper edges of the atmosphere, such from a high altitude balloon, may show some curvature. This is because the observer is looking down at a circle.

So.... where is the United States?

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2011, 01:57:12 AM »
Okay right so you're saying the atmosphere is not perfectly transparent, that's the reason you can't see on and on when you're up high. BUT if the Earth were flat then you would have the same field of vision whether you were on top of a building or on top of a mountain but that is not the case.

http://www.smarterthanthat.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/flatroundvision1.jpg

http://www.smarterthanthat.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/flatroundvision2.jpg

Yes, the non-transparency of the atmosphere occurs both at sea level and at the top of a mountain.

Is that from an amateur's high altitude balloon at the edge of the atmosphere... or is that from a NASA space mission allegedly taken several thousand miles from the earth?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 01:58:47 AM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2011, 02:54:37 AM »

It shrinks due to perspective.  Like an apparent sinking ship.  The whole continent just appears to shrink, but only the part on the edge of the disc.  True.
First human spacewalker, Cosmonaut Alexei Leonov: “Lifting my head I could see the curvature of the Earth's horizon. ’So the world really is round,’ I said softly to myself, as if the words came from somewhere deep in my soul. "

?

thefireproofmatch

• ಠ_ರೃ

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2011, 08:07:18 AM »
Is that from an amateur's high altitude balloon at the edge of the atmosphere... or is that from a NASA space mission allegedly taken several thousand miles from the earth?

Wow how convenient that you dismiss any photos from NASA or any other space agency. You know that a weather balloon can only go so high up without exploding. A satellite or space station taking pictures proves you wrong so you just dismiss them as fakes! Maybe I should read the faq but do you guys believe that NASA has people in space right now? If not when is the last time we were in space?

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2011, 03:14:16 PM »
Wow how convenient that you dismiss any photos from NASA or any other space agency. You know that a weather balloon can only go so high up without exploding. A satellite or space station taking pictures proves you wrong so you just dismiss them as fakes! Maybe I should read the faq but do you guys believe that NASA has people in space right now? If not when is the last time we were in space?

No, NASA does not send people into space. NASA is a complete sham.

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=49972.msg1227002#msg1227002

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2011, 04:04:54 PM »

It's a game of lies. Countries pretend to have space programs because claiming that you can put bodies into space means that your military reach is world-wide and can annihilate your enemies at a distance. Countries don't start space programs for peaceful scientific purposes. It's to put Nukes into orbit. That's why the US created its space program and its why everyone else has its space program.

I don't understand this. All countries alleging that they can send spacecraft into orbit are lying so that they can claim to have ICBM ability? But they don't actually? There are military bluffs and then there are military bluffs. I'd like to see another instance where lots of militaries claim to have a weapons technology but all know that it's physically impossible. THIS IS ILLOGICAL.

NASA's purpose isn't to trick people into believing the earth is round. The purpose of NASA is to trick others into believing that they can send missiles into space.

But won't theses others realise that when they try, they can't? And why would they keep this to themselves?

Perhaps if NASA actually invested money into earth and space research rather than faking it and pocketing the profit they would know that the earth is really flat.

So they don't know it's flat?

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2011, 04:12:40 PM »

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=49972.msg1227002#msg1227002

Tom, have you done those experiments yourself? I mean the guy that wrote the article could be good with photoshop himself.

"No, NASA does not send people into space."  Seriously?? Have you ever seen one of the shuttle launches? Where do you speculate the shuttles go after they launch?

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2011, 05:47:17 PM »

Tom, have you done those experiments yourself? I mean the guy that wrote the article could be good with photoshop himself.

I reproduced them myself back when it was released. I saw many of those discrepancies. NASA has fixed some of them, but many of them are still there, like the trackless rover photos, the Lunar Lander being lit up in shadow, and rover tracks which lead down into a crater.

"No, NASA does not send people into space."  Seriously?? Have you ever seen one of the shuttle launches? Where do you speculate the shuttles go after they launch?

I've seen a shuttle launch. I did not see the shuttle it go into space. I saw it lift off and disappear into the atmosphere. Then everyone went home.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 05:49:10 PM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2011, 06:06:32 PM »
I've seen a shuttle launch. I did not see the shuttle it go into space. I saw it lift off and disappear into the atmosphere. Then everyone went home.

Where does the shuttle go then?!? You think that it just hovers in the upper part of our atmosphere for a while? I would really like a non b.s. explanation (if that's possible).

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2011, 06:23:35 PM »

Where does the shuttle go then?!? You think that it just hovers in the upper part of our atmosphere for a while? I would really like a non b.s. explanation (if that's possible).

I said that it lifted off and disappeared into the atmosphere. I don't know where it went after that. The shuttle probably landed somewhere out of the country. Perhaps to a remote island in the middle of the ocean.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 06:38:35 PM by Tom Bishop »