Sorry but you guys are wrong..(your going to have a very hard time arguing this)

• 142 Replies
You are also not meant to swear in the upper fora. Its an area for intelligent academic discussion, not a prison canteen. >:(
I'd like to hear a moderator's input on that, but I'm happy to refrain.  I've seen the f word used before in the upper fora, several times, without complaints arising, so I had assumed there was no issue with it.
First human spacewalker, Cosmonaut Alexei Leonov: “Lifting my head I could see the curvature of the Earth's horizon. ’So the world really is round,’ I said softly to myself, as if the words came from somewhere deep in my soul. "

?

Thork

Of course you could just go and read the Forums Rules.

Quote from: Lord Wilmore
Q: "So I cannot swear on the forums at all?"

A: You may use profanity however you want in Random Musings. In the serious discussion forums, you should refrain from using too much of it. As confirmed by the forum staff, members are asked to keep content "PG-13" (USA) or "Certificate 15" (UK).

Q: "What exactly does 'PG-13' mean in terms of profanity?"

A: Well, we don't all have to speak as if we're in Sunday school.  This site is aimed at an audience of adults, and we realise that people do sometimes use profanity as a part of natural speech. The "PG-13" (or "certificate 15") policy allows everyone to speak in an informal manner but doesn't allow for excessive profanity. If you feel that you can't express your thoughts in a post without saying "fuck" a bunch of times, it's probably time to go take a walk and come back to the forums later when you're a bit calmer.

Of course you could just go and read the Forums Rules.

Quote from: Lord Wilmore
Q: "So I cannot swear on the forums at all?"

A: You may use profanity however you want in Random Musings. In the serious discussion forums, you should refrain from using too much of it. As confirmed by the forum staff, members are asked to keep content "PG-13" (USA) or "Certificate 15" (UK).

Q: "What exactly does 'PG-13' mean in terms of profanity?"

A: Well, we don't all have to speak as if we're in Sunday school.  This site is aimed at an audience of adults, and we realise that people do sometimes use profanity as a part of natural speech. The "PG-13" (or "certificate 15") policy allows everyone to speak in an informal manner but doesn't allow for excessive profanity. If you feel that you can't express your thoughts in a post without saying "fuck" a bunch of times, it's probably time to go take a walk and come back to the forums later when you're a bit calmer.
Well that doesn't specifically say you can't swear, it just says not to be excessive.  I used the word once, in a non-aggressive manner - to express bewilderment and in a non-personal manner.  I definitely would like a moderator ruling on this.  I'm more than happy to oblige with a moderator's ruling. 
First human spacewalker, Cosmonaut Alexei Leonov: “Lifting my head I could see the curvature of the Earth's horizon. ’So the world really is round,’ I said softly to myself, as if the words came from somewhere deep in my soul. "

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member

not sure what you are getting at here. the fact he is fascinated with plans but isn't sure on which type of mig he took his ride in?

Cumulative inconsistencies.

And he didn't even bother to ask?  Please.

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
You are also not meant to swear in the upper fora. Its an area for intelligent academic discussion, not a prison canteen. >:(
I'd like to hear a moderator's input on that, but I'm happy to refrain.  I've seen the f word used before in the upper fora, several times, without complaints arising, so I had assumed there was no issue with it.

The moderators actually are quite strict on this. Seriously, all you had to do is use the search function to see there are countless times the moderators are telling people to not use profantiy.

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=45523.msg1155332#msg1155332
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=48633.msg1209519#msg1209519
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=50140.msg1232388#msg1232388

The moderators actually are quite strict on this. Seriously, all you had to do is use the search function to see there are countless times the moderators are telling people to not use profantiy.

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=45523.msg1155332#msg1155332
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=48633.msg1209519#msg1209519
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=50140.msg1232388#msg1232388
1. PG-13 allows use of swearing as long as it doesn't refer to a sexual act. The rules seem quite clear that swearing per se is not a problem, but excessive or personal use of swearing is a problem.
2. I've observed people swear several times in the short time I've been a member, and not yet seen anyone taken to task on it.

So given that experience I'm supposed to then go and do a search as well?

AS I said I'm willing to be corrected by a moderator but another member telling me not to swear is just another member with their own opinion. TBH Thork's treatment of people is downright rude sometimes and I'd view swearing in a non-personal manner as far more acceptable than Thork's personal put downs.  As it so happens, neither both me particularly, I'm a big boy, but if one or the other had to be banned I'd vote for personal attacks over swearing.

not sure what you are getting at here. the fact he is fascinated with plans but isn't sure on which type of mig he took his ride in?

Cumulative inconsistencies.

And he didn't even bother to ask?  Please.

I don't think there is any inconsistencies in being fascinated by plans but not knowing what model of mig he says he was in. Being fascinated does not make him an expert and if I were in his place with all the excitment all I would remember  is I took a ride in a mig and not what kind it was.

?

Around And About

• Circular Logic Falls Flat
One thing's for sure, we're going to have a very hard time arguing this.
I'm not black nor a thug, I'm more like god who will bring 7 plagues of flat earth upon your ass.

I don't think there is any inconsistencies in being fascinated by plans but not knowing what model of mig he says he was in. Being fascinated does not make him an expert and if I were in his place with all the excitment all I would remember  is I took a ride in a mig and not what kind it was.
If I'd had a ride in a Mig-25 I'd be babbling incoherently with excitement.  And I have been interested in planes since I was knee high to a grasshopper.

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member

I do.  Also you leave out the cumulative part.  You are, of course, free to believe any story you wish to.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones

For the most part, we like to keep the discussions civil.  We also like to keep discussions about the rules in the appropriate forums (in this case, Suggestions and Concerns).
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

WardoggKC130FE

• What website is that? MadeUpMonkeyShit.com?
It can hit 100k feet A.K.A the edge of space.

It only did it once.  Aug. 31, 1977 in a specially modified MiG-25R, flown by MiG OKB Chief Test Pilot Alexander Fedotov.  Maybe I missed it, what altitude did this supposed flight make it up to?

?

alex00

• The Earth is as flat as Pamela Anderson
It can hit 100k feet A.K.A the edge of space.

It only did it once.  Aug. 31, 1977 in a specially modified MiG-25R, flown by MiG OKB Chief Test Pilot Alexander Fedotov.  Maybe I missed it, what altitude did this supposed flight make it up to?

Lol once again Russia does not document everything they do. Its been done way more times than that.

And to answer your question I believe the Mig-25 is supposed to fly to 85K Feet I believe. Im only going by this because thats the rated altitude of the U-2...the plane that the Mig-25 was designed to intercept and others like it.

However I have talked to pilots and they said they have taken it beyond 100k feet but the engines can stall out anything past 105k
The Official Flat Earth Lawyer:

WardoggKC130FE

What did the altimeter read on your flight?

?

alex00

What did the altimeter read on your flight?
I didnt know which one was for altitude, on top of that I didn't pay much attention to the them.

Even if I did i doubt i could locate the gauge for altitude because I do speak Russian fluently I only read in a 2nd grade level because thats when I left Russia and never picked up a book since then in Russian.

WardoggKC130FE

You know your numbers don't you?   It's not like the gauge would have been displaying the word variation of the number.  S for all you know you only went to 5,000 feet. 

?

alex00

You know your numbers don't you?

Yes but theres more than just 1 guage...

heres an example of a mig 25 cockpit although where i sat it looked nothing like this........tell me which is is for altitude?
http://www.bushcat.com/mpics/m25m1.jpg

and on top of that i believe they use meters not feet in russia

?

Thork

Even if I did i doubt i could locate the gauge for altitude because I do speak Russian fluently I only read in a 2nd grade level

well no english aint my first language but i been living in US since i was 5 and i would spell better if u guys had an edit button on thos forum....

So you aren't good with Russian, or English. What language do you communicate in?

The altimeter is out of shot in your photo. It will be directly above the dial in the top right hand corner of your picture. All aircraft primary dials are set out the same way.

Top right in this picture.
It will also be the one with a knob to allow you to set the barometric pressure. Its very easy to spot.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 04:14:20 PM by Thork »

WardoggKC130FE

Actually Thork I think it is in the picture he posted.  Just to the left of the meatball.  Also doing my research I am not too sure they could set the baro alt.

?

Thork

Next to the 'meatball' is probably the back up altimeter. It has a knob for baro and an insert dial at the bottom and it goes from 0-9. Its all below the pilots knee caps though so those are not the primary instruments. You can see 3 at the top of the screen. The rest are cut off and out of shot.

A better picture. Irrelevant though, because the OP hasn't flown in a MiG-25. ::)

WardoggKC130FE

A better picture. Irrelevant though, because the OP hasn't flown in a MiG-25. ::)

Agreed.  Any aviation enthusiast would have figured it out.  Especially if he was going to "the edge of space."  You would think wanting to know how high you went would be a top priority.  Hell....he could have asked for goodness sake.

?

Around And About

• Circular Logic Falls Flat
Congratulations, OP. I am now having serious doubts about the earth being a globe. You've dealt quite a blow to RET, I hope you're happy.
I'm not black nor a thug, I'm more like god who will bring 7 plagues of flat earth upon your ass.

?

alex00

Agreed.  Any aviation enthusiast would have figured it out.  Especially if he was going to "the edge of space."  You would think wanting to know how high you went would be a top priority.  Hell....he could have asked for goodness sake.
Cause I did not look at the gauges im not an enthusiast? and once again why would I ask they dont do feet over there just meters.

Like I said I took this flight could care less about the doubt. you can say no i havent till your blue but I know I did it

only way I can prove it is if Thork gets done with that time machine

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
why would I ask they dont do feet over there just meters.

You're right. I'd imagine the rough average of 3.25 to 1 is beyond you.
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

WardoggKC130FE

Cause I did not look at the gauges im not an enthusiast? and once again why would I ask they dont do feet over there just meters.

Like I said I took this flight could care less about the doubt. you can say no i havent till your blue but I know I did it

You proved it by your lack of details of a once in a lifetime flight. 

?

alex00

You proved it by your lack of details of a once in a lifetime flight.
I could of done that but i cut to the basics because im not here to type an essay.

WardoggKC130FE

I could of done that but i cut to the basics because im not here to type an essay.

Of course you aren't.  What sense would that make to provide details(evidence) of your outlandish claim? 

Of course you aren't.  What sense would that make to provide details(evidence) of your outlandish claim?
There is nothing particularly outlandish about the claim.  So what he didn't get the details.  Maybe the pilot told him it could hit 100k feet.  Maybe he read it somewhere and just assumed it applied to all Mig-25's. Maybe he looked at the instruments and couldn't make anything out so just decided to enjoy the ride.  None of your blabbering invalidate's his story one bit.

Thork, you are a pilot, it's easy for you to say something should be obvious, but it's second nature to you, so of course it's going to be obvious. 

He has no proof other than his word, I'll grant that, but the story itself is plausible.  The only part of his claim that has any meaning to this debate is his claim that he saw curvature of the Earth.  If FET is ever found to be true, then and only then Alex00's tale could be seen to be a clear fabrication, but only because his mentioning of curvature will have been shown to be made up.

But you cannot use your opinion that the Earth is flat to claim that the story is outlandish. Hmm, atleast let me put it this way; no more outlandish than the notion that the Earth is actually flat despite an overwhelming body of proof that it is round, or an alternative and still outlandish notion that hundreds of thousands of people are in on a conspiracy to keep the true nature of the world secret.

Really, calling Alex00's claim 'outlandish' is rather kettle calling pot black.

?

alex00

There is nothing particularly outlandish about the claim.  So what he didn't get the details.  Maybe the pilot told him it could hit 100k feet.  Maybe he read it somewhere and just assumed it applied to all Mig-25's. Maybe he looked at the instruments and couldn't make anything out so just decided to enjoy the ride.  None of your blabbering invalidate's his story one bit.

Thork, you are a pilot, it's easy for you to say something should be obvious, but it's second nature to you, so of course it's going to be obvious. 

He has no proof other than his word, I'll grant that, but the story itself is plausible.  The only part of his claim that has any meaning to this debate is his claim that he saw curvature of the Earth.  If FET is ever found to be true, then and only then Alex00's tale could be seen to be a clear fabrication, but only because his mentioning of curvature will have been shown to be made up.

But you cannot use your opinion that the Earth is flat to claim that the story is outlandish. Hmm, atleast let me put it this way; no more outlandish than the notion that the Earth is actually flat despite an overwhelming body of proof that it is round, or an alternative and still outlandish notion that hundreds of thousands of people are in on a conspiracy to keep the true nature of the world secret.

Really, calling Alex00's claim 'outlandish' is rather kettle calling pot black.

Thank you...

and to the people that say I didnt take pics, your not allowed to photograph anything inside the base...not even the fence. their very clear and strict on that.........on top of that I posses an american passport which makes it even worse.

lucklily thanks to my dad i was allowed to come on base and fly but if you ever take a trip to russia you will need a visa because you have an american passport and one of the first things they will tell you is dont go anywhere near a military base, its strictly forbidden-yet alone take pictures.......

?

Mr Pseudonym

• Official Member
and to the people that say I didnt take pics, your not allowed to photograph anything inside the base...not even the fence. their very clear and strict on that.........on top of that I posses an american passport which makes it even worse.

lucklily thanks to my dad i was allowed to come on base and fly but if you ever take a trip to russia you will need a visa because you have an american passport and one of the first things they will tell you is dont go anywhere near a military base, its strictly forbidden-yet alone take pictures.......
You just love digging a deeper hole for yourself don't you? People are pretty much aware of the vast security of these places (though maybe not exactly as you explain it) yet we are supposed to believe that somehow you bypassed ALL the security and NOBODY asked any questions at all about a stranger they had never seen before, at any point, because you were with a supposed high rank official.  ::)
How about you spin us the story of how you managed to breach all of the security checkpoints?
Once again, I am your Father and you weren't there, neither was I. Litterly.
Why do we fall back to earth? Because our weight pushes us down, no laws, no gravity pulling us. It is the law of intelligence.