Sorry but you guys are wrong..(your going to have a very hard time arguing this)

• 142 Replies
?

Thork

No. There are 25 Mig-25's left in the Russian airforce. They are all the single seat MiG-25RB. They fly out of Shatalovo and are operated by the 7000th air force base for reconnaissance. They do not have any RU or PU types in service.

The only weird thing about this is that if he didn't actually know anything about planes and he just wiki'd everything, he should have instantly seen that the Mig-25RB (or whatever) only has one seat. I honestly can't tell if he is lying.
I am a Prince in my county. I have 40 million USD but my assets are frozen. Please let me transfer my funds into your account and I will let you keep 5% after the transaction. However I will need you to send me $40,000 right away to cover the admin costs before my funds are released.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
No. There are 25 Mig-25's left in the Russian airforce. They are all the single seat MiG-25RB. They fly out of Shatalovo and are operated by the 7000th air force base for reconnaissance. They do not have any RU or PU types in service.

Have you personally verified this information or are you just taking someone's word for it?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

Thork

Have you personally verified this information or are you just taking someone's word for it?
Well if you are going to be like that, I haven't personally verified that the OP went anywhere near a MiG-25.
[/thread]

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones

Well if you are going to be like that, I haven't personally verified that the OP went anywhere near a MiG-25.
[/thread]
Well, you are the one claiming that Russia has no 2 seat Mig-25s in service, so I'm just wondering how you can be so sure without personally verifying this information.  Remember that the Russian Air Force is a part of the conspiracy, so you can't trust any of their "official" figures.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council

[/thread]
Well, you are the one claiming that Russia has no 2 seat Mig-25s in service, so I'm just wondering how you can be so sure without personally verifying this information.  Remember that the Russian Air Force is a part of the conspiracy, so you can't trust any of their "official" figures.

No they aren't. RASA (or whatever they call themselves) is part of the conspiracy.

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor

[/thread]

Well do you think there is a conspiracy, or do you not? It can't be both ways. If you are agreeing that there is a conspiracy, as is the only way the OP is plausible, than the OP can be disregarded anyways due to the fact that he is part of the conspiracy. If you are saying there is no conspiracy, you are saying that the OP is wrong.

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
 ;D
While visiting him he arranged a Mig-25 flight for me to ride along for fun because he knows im fascinated by planes.

i BELIEVE it was a MiG-25RB from the looks but i didnt ask anyone

This thread went down in flames, bought the farm and snuffed it.

A favour for a $20,000 flight from an airforce that is broke. He wouldn't be 2nd in command for long.

The OP explained that the flight was an existing operation, that he was jsut a "ride along".  This kind of thing is not uncommon in the military of any Nation.  Admitedly it doesn't mean any thing if the post is a fabrication, but this information itself does not invalidate the OP's story.

Also you may like to read ...

Quote from: http://www.skyandspacetravel.com/
Please note, flights by MiG are no longer performed at Zhukovsky airbase near Moscow. These operations were stopped back in 2005, no flights are possible on MIG-25 or Sukhoi fighter families in Russia. We fly MiG-29 and MiG-31 only from the government authorised military site in Nizhniy Novgorod (Sokol aircraft plant).

Nice smoke screen Thork.  They are talking about civilian tourist flights.  In other words, "Go Russia" aren't allowed to offer flight in Mig25's.  This is fully understandable.  They are old aircraft, I don't imagine the Russian Air Force are too worried about sending their own pilots up in them, and if their Officers want to send family up in them that's their own business, but they wouldn't allow a civilian tourist to go up in one, too much bad press if something goes wrong.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 07:47:13 PM by pitdroidtech »
First human spacewalker, Cosmonaut Alexei Leonov: “Lifting my head I could see the curvature of the Earth's horizon. ’So the world really is round,’ I said softly to myself, as if the words came from somewhere deep in my soul. "

rooster

In Russia my biological dad is in the air force and is the 2nd in command of the 6950th Long Range Aviation Command near Moscow.

It does seem fishy. Would your father's rank even give him the proper authority needed to let a civilian "ride along" in a plane that may or may not exist?

?

alex00

• The Earth is as flat as Pamela Anderson
you guys are all tools........to each other

thork im tired of arguing with you like your defense minster of russia but they still have 2 seaters left. they had 3 at the base I was on.
The Official Flat Earth Lawyer:

In Russia my biological dad is in the air force and is the 2nd in command of the 6950th Long Range Aviation Command near Moscow.

It does seem fishy. Would your father's rank even give him the proper authority needed to let a civilian "ride along" in a plane that may or may not exist?
He'd have to be pretty high up, The Long Range Aviation Command is responsible for three bases.  The OP has stated his father is a pilot, so he's sure to have contacts in other regiments.  In Russia there is still a pretty healthy system of "you scratch my back I'll scratch yours"

First human spacewalker, Cosmonaut Alexei Leonov: “Lifting my head I could see the curvature of the Earth's horizon. ’So the world really is round,’ I said softly to myself, as if the words came from somewhere deep in my soul. "

?

alex00

He'd have to be pretty high up, The Long Range Aviation Command is responsible for three bases.  The OP has stated his father is a pilot, so he's sure to have contacts in other regiments.  In Russia there is still a pretty healthy system of "you scratch my back I'll scratch yours"
never said he was a pilot. re read my post

if he was a pilot he wouldnt be so high up, its nothing like the USAF where you need to be an officer to fly

I hope you are refering to Flath Earthers.  Because you have got some people here sticking up for your story. 

thork im tired of arguing with you like your defense minster of russia but they still have 2 seaters left. they had 3 at the base I was on.
Ignore Thorp, he's official troll in this place.  It's his job to argue against anything anti-FET and to be a complete knob while doing it.  It's in his job description.

Secretly he's a really nice guy who likes a simple life of growing petunias and listening to mozart while enjoying the sun in his sunroom.

?

alex00

I hope you are refering to Flath Earthers.  Because you have got some people here sticking up for your story. 

Ignore Thorp, he's official troll in this place.  It's his job to argue against anything anti-FET and to be a complete knob while doing it.  It's in his job description.

Secretly he's a really nice guy who likes a simple life of growing petunias and listening to mozart while enjoying the sun in his sunroom.

ya but its extremely irritating arguing with something I seen with my eyes and he is getting his facts from Wiki unless he knows some people in Russia which I very highly doubt

never said he was a pilot. re read my post

if he was a pilot he wouldnt be so high up, its nothing like the USAF where you need to be an officer to fly
Sorry I thought you had, it was the designer bit, not a pilot.  My bad.

rooster

ya but its extremely irritating arguing with something I seen with my eyes and he is getting his facts from Wiki unless he knows some people in Russia which I very highly doubt

I believe Thork is a pilot himself, but I could be confusing that with someone else?

?

alex00

I believe Thork is a pilot himself, but I could be confusing that with someone else?

thats great he is a pilot

however Russia is and always was and still is a very secretive country. So they do NOT throw their data out there. All the sites like warfare.ru and Wiki get facts that get released from the Russian press OR by speculation.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.

You are correct.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

Lol, he's definitely irratating.  Though saying that will give him satisfaction.

Even though I haven't been up to 100k feet, the bottomline is they have no evidence of a flat earth and there is overwhelming evidence of a round earth, including the way ships sink behind the horizon, and I have seen this with my own eyes.  So it's frustrating for us Round Earth supporters here too, but we love a good fight and Thorp makes the place interesting!

We don't really expect to convince them of anything, most of them are trolls anyway.

rooster

We don't really expect to convince them of anything, most of them are trolls anyway.

QFT

?

alex00

and Thorp makes the place interesting!

its not really interesting. its sickening people actually believe this BS. its no different from a cult

btw who is their leader that came up with all these ideas and stuff

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.

its not really interesting. its sickening people actually believe this BS. its no different from a cult

Please read the FAQ.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

Those like Thorp don't really believe it, they are just trolling (stirring people up).

Apparently there ARE some people here who truly believe in a flat earth but imho any who try to argue from a science perspective have to see how weak the theory is.

The only actual flat earthers I know of, personally who I have met, are religious and don't have any scientific theory, just 'faith'.  When you think about it, many Christians believe the earth is only 6000 years old, there are millions of such Christians.  It's an indictment on humanity tbh.  I'm fucked if I can understand how we ever got to "advanced civilisation" level.  I guess the scientific rationalists must have enough of an upper hand on the religious nutcases to keep the whole thing going.  Otherwise we'd descend very quickly into the dark ages again.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer

Those like Thorp don't really believe it, they are just trolling (stirring people up).

Apparently there ARE some people here who truly believe in a flat earth but imho any who try to argue from a science perspective have to see how weak the theory is.

The only actual flat earthers I know of, personally who I have met, are religious and don't have any scientific theory, just 'faith'.  When you think about it, many Christians believe the earth is only 6000 years old, there are millions of such Christians.  It's an indictment on humanity tbh.  I'm fucked if I can understand how we ever got to "advanced civilisation" level.  I guess the scientific rationalists must have enough of an upper hand on the religious nutcases to keep the whole thing going.  Otherwise we'd descend very quickly into the dark ages again.

Wrong. Stop posting.

Wrong. Stop posting.
Sorry, I forgot I'm supposed to keep up appearances that this is a real science board.  My bad.

?

Thork

You are also not meant to swear in the upper fora. Its an area for intelligent academic discussion, not a prison canteen. >:(

;D
While visiting him he arranged a Mig-25 flight for me to ride along for fun because he knows im fascinated by planes.

i BELIEVE it was a MiG-25RB from the looks but i didnt ask anyone

This thread went down in flames, bought the farm and snuffed it.
not sure what you are getting at here. the fact he is fascinated with plans but isn't sure on which type of mig he took his ride in?

?

Thork

What is wrong with you people? He didn't take a MiG-25 flight.

?

alex00

Yes I did....

Like I said you can keep saying no all you want but the fact is I did it. You can be anti all you want but it wont help you

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones

Why so angry?  His taking a flight in a Mig-25 is about as likely as you believing in FET.