Sorry but you guys are wrong..(your going to have a very hard time arguing this)

• 142 Replies
?

alex00

• The Earth is as flat as Pamela Anderson
Ok i litterly have not been on this forum in about 2 years but from what I remember your theories state that its all a giant concperacy and governments are trying to hide it and so on and so on....

well i just recently got back from my birthplace, Russia. In Russia my biological dad is in the air force and is the 2nd in command of the 6950th Long Range Aviation Command near Moscow  . While visiting him he arranged a Mig-25 flight for me to ride along for fun because he knows im fascinated by planes. If you know anything about the Mig-25 it has the highest altitude range than any fighter ever built. It can hit 100k feet A.K.A the edge of space. And thats what we just did. He arranged it about 3 weeks ago when I was there because their base still had a few Mig-25's still in service(old plane). While preparing for my journey I had to get fitted into what looked like a space suit. We took off in the daytime and it litterly got dark within 20 minutes(this plane climbs very steep and fast)...when we were up there I really thought I was in Space...

And on top of that I saw part of the Russian as well as other parts of Europe or Maybe Middle East continents...I honestly have no idea what I was looking at, however it looks nothing like the Flat Eath Society Logo on this page, i can tell you that for a fact I have seen it myself.

On top of that I saw at the ends as far as I can see curves at the ends of earth(at the end of what i can see)
So I can tell you the earth is NOT flat at all....

you guys dont have to believe me but after that wonderful experience I can say this flat earth theory is FALSE
The Official Flat Earth Lawyer:

rooster

That was obviously just a flight simulation ride that made you think you were seeing a round Earth.

?

alex00

That was obviously just a flight simulation ride that made you think you were seeing a round Earth.
???.........Please tell me this is a troll post...

They did not incept my brain and there is no way those G-forces can be simulated and I clearly remember climbing into a plane OUTSIDE and taking off OUTSIDE i wasnt in any building in a simulation on top of that the Mig-25 is old it does not posses technology like that its not like I was flying the Pak-FA.......

What model Mig-25 was it?
Quote from: Tom Bishop
If you don't know, whenever you talk about it you're invoking the supernatural
Unknown != Magic.

rooster

Please tell me this is a troll post...

Indeed. But I'm also mocking what less than intelligent FE'rs might actually say, because they always have to concoct a convoluted answer for everything that might very simply prove the Earth is round.

Ockam's razor

But in all seriousness, I'm jealous that you were able to travel that high.

?

alex00

i BELIEVE it was a MiG-25RB from the looks but i didnt ask anyone
Please tell me this is a troll post...

But in all seriousness, I'm jealous that you were able to travel that high.
They USED to give Mig-25 rides in Moscow from a private company but like I said today their too old. Russia only has like 20 left in service and those are reserves. if you ever have money for a vacation take a trip to moscow. that same firm(forgot the name) still gives plane rides from SU-30's and Mig-29's...their not as high I think max is 60k feet but still cool.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 08:33:45 PM by alex00 »

?

Thork

In Russia my biological dad is in the air force and is the 2nd in command of the 6950th Long Range Aviation Command near Moscow. While visiting him he arranged a Mig-25 flight for me to ride along for fun because he knows im fascinated by planes.

It is this part of the story that doesn't sit well with me. People in the Russian air force can't just borrow fighter aircraft and take relatives for a spin. Apart from insurance and risk implications, it is prohibitively expensive with each flight costing around $20,000. A large volume of that cost is fuel and maintenance. The Russian air force just let people borrow their aircraft and pick up the tab? Or did your father on his military pay decide to splash $20,000 on you?

I'm sorry, but we get many adolescents come to this site pretending to work for NASA or saying they single handedly navigated the world by yacht or that they travelled on Concorde etc so the earth must be round and the FErs can't dispute it. But of course usually what needs disputing is the fanciful scenario they paint in the OP.

I mean ... in this post your dad doesn't work in the 6950th Long Range Aviation Command, he's a designer instead
my dad designs jets for russia

Its in the same post that you tell us your gran is in the KGB, your grandad is a tank commander and that your mother is a communist.

You are 20 now. You do not need to lie on the internet to feel big and clever.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 10:42:09 PM by Thork »

?

Mr Pseudonym

• Official Member
I am your dad Alex00 and that litterly didn't happen.  Stop making up lies please.
Why do we fall back to earth? Because our weight pushes us down, no laws, no gravity pulling us. It is the law of intelligence.

?

alex00

In Russia my biological dad is in the air force and is the 2nd in command of the 6950th Long Range Aviation Command near Moscow. While visiting him he arranged a Mig-25 flight for me to ride along for fun because he knows im fascinated by planes.

It is this part of the story that doesn't sit well with me. People in the Russian air force can't just borrow fighter aircraft and take relatives for a spin. Apart from insurance and risk implications, it is prohibitively expensive with each flight costing around $20,000. A large volume of that cost is fuel and maintenance. The Russian air force just let people borrow their aircraft and pick up the tab? Or did your father on his military pay decide to splash $20,000 on you?

I'm sorry, but we get many adolescents come to this site pretending to work for NASA or saying they single handedly navigated the world by yacht or that they travelled on Concorde etc so the earth must be round and the FErs can't dispute it. But of course usually what needs disputing is the fanciful scenario they paint in the OP.

I mean ... in this post your dad doesn't work in the 6950th Long Range Aviation Command, he's a designer instead
my dad designs jets for russia

Its in the same post that you tell us your gran is in the KGB, your grandad is a tank commander and that your mother is a communist.

You are 20 now. You do not need to lie on the internet to feel big and clever.

Yes my whole family is from russia is that hard to believe and their ALL involved in the government except for me

and im not lying i know i went on this trip because it actually happened.

and the Mig-25 was going for a flight regardless if I was there or not, all i said was he managed for me to catch a ride with it. And my dad didnt fly it some random pilot i didnt know did, he just arranged.

and he does help design as well he didnt get into this untill his later years. He helped with avionics designing the Iris-E radar for SU-35 and Pak-FA. You can do both, they do this in the US as well i know because i talked to an air force recruiter and you can do both in this country so i dont know why this comes as such as shock.

Just like i knew, you guys would find little reasons not to believe  me- I dont care. I know i did it and witnessed it.

?

Thork

Stop it Pinocchio.

Quote from: http://warfare.ru/?catid=255&linkid=1599
2000-2005 all Mig-25 decommissioned from service. Some ac still active, most ac are in storage.
The Russian military doesn't use Mig-25's any more; they are obsolete. ::)

To compound your fibbing they only retained 42 Mig-25RB's as you know from reading the wikipedia. (you even said it was the RB) However what you failed to note was that the RB variant is a single seater.

Quote from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikoyan-Gurevich_MiG-25
MiG-25RB "Foxbat-B"
Single-seat reconnaissance-bomber[citation needed] aircraft, fitted with cameras and a Peleng automatic bombing system.[citation needed] The aircraft can carry a bombload of six 1,102 lb (500 kg) bombs or one nuclear weapon.
MiG-25RBS "Foxbat-D"
Single-seat reconnaissance-bomber aircraft, fitted with cameras and a side looking airborne radar (SLAR), equipped with a Sabla radio location system.
MiG-25RBSh
MiG-25RBS "Foxbats" fitted with new equipment.
MiG-25RBK
Single-seat Elint aircraft, fitted with a side looking airborne radar.
MiG-25RBT
Single-seat Elint aircraft.
MiG-25RBV
Single-seat reconnaissance-bomber[citation needed] aircraft, fitted improved equipment.

You have no idea what the different models look like. If you did you wouldn't have made such a silly story and you would have noticed the seat you allegedly occupied was missing.

I am not interested in a rebuttal where you claim the pilot gave you the keys and said help yourself because you have all of a sudden acquired 10,000 hours as a jet pilot. Also they own no 2 seat versions at all so I don't want any lies about how it must have been a MiG-25RU instead.
I'll see you in another 4 years. By then your Dad will be a cosmonaut and he will have snuck you into work for a bit of ad-hoc space tourism.

?

fluffycornsnake

• Official Member
ITT: Thork annihilates a zombie noob. But will it stay dead?

Supertails

• what do i put here
Oh boy, yeah...no need to crush him like that, Thork. :P
Recently listened to:

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
Stop it Pinocchio.

2000-2005 all Mig-25 decommissioned from service. Some ac still active, most ac are in storage.

Actually, the Mig-25 is still in limited service in Russia and several other countries.

To compound your fibbing they only retained 42 Mig-25RB's as you know from reading the wikipedia. (you even said it was the RB) However what you failed to note was that the RB variant is a single seater.

If you had looked a little lower in the list, you would have found this 2 seat variant:
Quote from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikoyan-Gurevich_MiG-25#Variants
MiG-25RUTwo-seat reconnaissance, trainer aircraft, it has no operational equipment.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

Thork

Stop it Pinocchio.

Actually, the Mig-25 is still in limited service in Russia and several other countries.
As I already quoted for you it is obsolete. They only retained 42 from their original fleet of almost 1,000. All single-seaters. 

If you had looked a little lower in the list, you would have found this 2 seat variant:
Quote from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikoyan-Gurevich_MiG-25#Variants
MiG-25RUTwo-seat reconnaissance, trainer aircraft, it has no operational equipment.
No, the two seat variant is not the MiG-25RB is it? Its the Mig-25RU. And the Russian air force don't have any of those. They only have 42 RBs.

Now its obvious why they don't have any two seat versions. Because the 2 seat versions will have a premium value as they can be used for tourist flights by small companies like this all over the world and to private collectors who may want instruction and will want to take their friends for flights. So those will be the ones they sold first.

This is an example of someone coming here and lying because they cannot reason earth's shape in structured argument. Of course I knew that this noob was lying from the get-go. When he claimed to have seen the earth and that it was round, my suspicions were alerted. As usual I just followed the trail and yes, the person lied, not only about earth's shape, but also about their experience backing up their fraudulent claim.

I don't know why Markjo would even bother to defend this? Its an open shut case. The OP was a work of fantasy.

?

alex00

Stop it Pinocchio.

Quote from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikoyan-Gurevich_MiG-25
MiG-25RB "Foxbat-B"
Single-seat reconnaissance-bomber[citation needed] aircraft, fitted with cameras and a Peleng automatic bombing system.[citation needed] The aircraft can carry a bombload of six 1,102 lb (500 kg) bombs or one nuclear weapon.
MiG-25RBS "Foxbat-D"
Single-seat reconnaissance-bomber aircraft, fitted with cameras and a side looking airborne radar (SLAR), equipped with a Sabla radio location system.
MiG-25RBSh
MiG-25RBS "Foxbats" fitted with new equipment.
MiG-25RBK
Single-seat Elint aircraft, fitted with a side looking airborne radar.
MiG-25RBT
Single-seat Elint aircraft.
MiG-25RBV
Single-seat reconnaissance-bomber[citation needed] aircraft, fitted improved equipment.

You have no idea what the different models look like. If you did you wouldn't have made such a silly story and you would have noticed the seat you allegedly occupied was missing.

I am not interested in a rebuttal where you claim the pilot gave you the keys and said help yourself because you have all of a sudden acquired 10,000 hours as a jet pilot. Also they own no 2 seat versions at all so I don't want any lies about how it must have been a MiG-25RU instead.
I'll see you in another 4 years. By then your Dad will be a cosmonaut and he will have snuck you into work for a bit of ad-hoc space tourism.

LOL!!! lmao i said i THINK i THINK and i mentioned the RB because its the only model I know, and in that air force base they had 3, 2 were taken apart. and i dont go on wiki its sources are inaccurate.

like I said you dont have to believe me I know i went through this experience and like I said it was isnane and wonderfull and life changing.

oh ya and like I said they USED to give Mig-25 rides to tourists all the time in the late 90's....and they did in fact take them to the edge of space, is every single tourist a part of a conspiracy as well? did they hold a gun to their head as soon as they landed telling them not to tell anyone what they saw???? because there's was quite a few tourists that took this ride, I remember you would have to book it 2 months ahead.

Like I said I could care less what you guys think I know I did it.

I honestly think half of you dont believe in this crap, you guys are just addicted to debating and love it.

?

Thork

LOL!!! lmao i said i THINK i THINK and i mentioned the RB because its the only model I know, and in that air force base they had 3, 2 were taken apart. and i dont go on wiki its sources are inaccurate.
I assume that lol, is a nervous sweaty giggle of shame? Sir, please stop. You claimed to do it with the military. Not a civilian company. The Russian military have no 2-seat versions nor do they make a habit of flying internet trolls for the hell of it.

like I said you dont have to believe me I know i went through this experience and like I said it wasnt isnane and wonderfull and life changing.
No, it was you telling a poor lie on the internet and being found out.

oh ya and like I said they USED to give Mig-25 rides to tourists all the time in the late 90's....and they did in fact take them to the edge of space, is every single tourist a part of a conspiracy as well? did they hold a gun to their head as soon as they landed telling them not to tell anyone what they saw???? because there's was quite a few tourists that took this ride, I remember you would have to book it 2 months ahead.
What have rides in the late 90's got to do with it? You claimed to have had a ride yourself recently. Of course we know you didn't.

I honestly think half of you dont believe in this crap, you guys are just addicted to debating and love it.
I don't think you believe you flew in a MiG-25 but still you came back to insist you did. It is obvious you don't care what we think as you wouldn't insult our intelligence with such ridiculous claims if you did. This whole thread is ghastly. You have probably set the round earth movement back several months. Anyone reading this in doubt of earth's shape will find it hard to want to side with the round earth fibber.

:-[ - That's you that is.

?

alex00

I assume that lol, is a nervous sweaty giggle of shame? Sir, please stop. You claimed to do it with the military. Not a civilian company. The Russian military have no 2-seat versions nor do they make a habit of flying internet trolls for the hell of it.

like I said you dont have to believe me I know i went through this experience and like I said it wasnt isnane and wonderfull and life changing.
No, it was you telling a poor lie on the internet and being found out.

What have rides in the late 90's got to do with it? You claimed to have had a ride yourself recently. Of course we know you didn't.

I don't think you believe you flew in a MiG-25 but still you came back to insist you did. It is obvious you don't care what we think as you wouldn't insult our intelligence with such ridiculous claims if you did. This whole thread is ghastly. You have probably set the round earth movement back several months. Anyone reading this in doubt of earth's shape will find it hard to want to side with the round earth fibber.

:-[ - That's you that is.

Russia does own 2 seaters still, how do you know they dont do you actually have an active invetory list with reserves iny your hand?????????? OR are you going by Wiki??

and like I said once again you can keep telling me its made up all you want till your blue in the face but I know I got to do this because it actually happened.

and third of all the tourism passengers is a side argument, which you fail to respond to. IF the the earth was flat, evey one of those people would freak out when they would get to the edge of space and become a part of the conciperacy...?

?

Thork

I give up. You can keep insisting you did but we'll let the internet decide. They can read your train-wreck thread and make up their own minds whether you are a trustworthy source. I'm satisfied that you have no evidence to support round earth claims and so my investigation stops here.

?

alex00

I give up. You can keep insisting you did but we'll let the internet decide. They can read your train-wreck thread and make up their own minds whether you are a trustworthy source. I'm satisfied that you have no evidence to support round earth claims and so my investigation stops here.

Lol i have all the evidence I saw it but its ok.

Your FA thory is too shaky with not enough solid facts....like I said you guys are just addicted debaters is what I think but its cool I will just another thread shortly asking things.

Oh and dont let the aliens take you and annaly probe you or you just might end up looking like the tool in your avatar

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
Come on, alex, just admit that you've been bested by someone a lot more knowledgeable than you are.  I know it's embarrassing for a FEer to destroy your argument and expose you as a liar but please understand that it's nothing unusual here.  Nobody knows who you are, this is all completely anonymous so there's no reason for you to feel personally humiliated or anything.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

?

alex00

Come on, alex, just admit that you've been bested by someone a lot more knowledgeable than you are.  I know it's embarrassing for a FEer to destroy your argument and expose you as a liar but please understand that it's nothing unusual here.  Nobody knows who you are, this is all completely anonymous so there's no reason for you to feel personally humiliated or anything.
Lol im cool i know i done it, hate all you want keep it coming.

?

Thork

???

There is no hate. Only a search for the truth. And what Roundy said.

His account rings true compared to an account I read recently by a US U2 pilot.  The U2 has a similiar ceiling and needing to wear pressure suit, and the pilot also reported the curvature of the Earth.

Regarding Thorp, the silly fool changed his story halfway through when he was outed by Markjo on the RU Two seater.

It's not a stretch of the imagination that they have brought mothballed RU's back into service for some purpose, or bought back the commercial Mig25RUT's when the Space Tourist enterprise was canned.

I'd love to have an opportunity like this, and if Alex realy did get this opportunity, I'm extremely envious.

First human spacewalker, Cosmonaut Alexei Leonov: “Lifting my head I could see the curvature of the Earth's horizon. ’So the world really is round,’ I said softly to myself, as if the words came from somewhere deep in my soul. "

?

Thork

^ that is a remarkably odd post. You think The Great Bear hands out $20,000 flights to the edge of space in aircraft they don't own to relatives of their armed forces? There was no outing from Markjo. Markjo did not realise that the Russian military have no RUs. They only have RBs in flying condition. Single seaters. And only 42 of them.

^ that is a remarkably odd post. You think The Great Bear hands out $20,000 flights to the edge of space in aircraft they don't own to relatives of their armed forces? There was no outing from Markjo. Markjo did not realise that the Russian military have no RUs. They only have RBs in flying condition. Single seaters. And only 42 of them.
Sorry Thork, but FE'ers stance on Wiki means your post has no credibility.  You don't really know what jets the Russian air force have lying around.

There is a regiment listed under 'Forces of central subordination of the Russian Air Force' whose full status was last known in 2008, they have a Mig25PU, which is a two seater trainer.  Based at Perm.  Perhaps they still have it.

I imagine a 2nd in command could pull rank, or maybe he was owed a favour by one of the Mig25 regiments?
First human spacewalker, Cosmonaut Alexei Leonov: “Lifting my head I could see the curvature of the Earth's horizon. ’So the world really is round,’ I said softly to myself, as if the words came from somewhere deep in my soul. "

very envious of your flight.
are you sure the curvature you saw wasn;t the "lit" portion of the disc?
I am sure they would both look very similar, most images from space do

ANd yes, I do agreee with you, there is no massive wordwide coverup.

thanks for sharing you story, did you get to take pictures?

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
very envious of your flight.
are you sure the curvature you saw wasn;t the "lit" portion of the disc?
I am sure they would both look very similar, most images from space do

ANd yes, I do agreee with you, there is no massive wordwide coverup.

thanks for sharing you story, did you get to take pictures?
He probably forgot his camera.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

?

Thork

Sorry Thork, but FE'ers stance on Wiki means your post has no credibility.  You don't really know what jets the Russian air force have lying around.

There is a regiment listed under 'Forces of central subordination of the Russian Air Force' whose full status was last known in 2008, they have a Mig25PU, which is a two seater trainer.  Based at Perm.  Perhaps they still have it.

You are correct. The wiki is out of date. Only 25 MiG-25's remain operational in the Russian Airforce. They are all the single seat reconnaissance MiG-25RB variant flown out of Shatalovo by the 7000th air force base. There are no others.
http://warfare.ru/?linkid=2180&catid=241&type=fighters

I imagine a 2nd in command could pull rank, or maybe he was owed a favour by one of the Mig25 regiments?
A favour for a $20,000 flight from an airforce that is broke. He wouldn't be 2nd in command for long.

Also you may like to read ...

Quote from: http://www.skyandspacetravel.com/
Please note, flights by MiG are no longer performed at Zhukovsky airbase near Moscow. These operations were stopped back in 2005, no flights are possible on MIG-25 or Sukhoi fighter families in Russia. We fly MiG-29 and MiG-31 only from the government authorised military site in Nizhniy Novgorod (Sokol aircraft plant).

Quote from: http://www.incredible-adventures.com/migs/planes.html
The MiG-31, MiG-25, MiG-23, MiG-21 and Su-27 are no longer available for civilian flights.

Quote from: http://russianfighterjets.com/mig-25/
Flights in the MiG-25 Foxbat are no longer available in Russia, but there was a time when it was THE jet to choose if you wanted to fly a Russian fighter jet.

Quote from: http://www.sokoljets.com/
For years, the most popular flight sold by Incredible Adventures was a high-altitude flight to the edge of space in the Russian MiG-25 Foxbat. Sokol produced this fighter from 1969 to 1985. Sadly, the incredible jet has now been retired and is no longer available for civilian flights.

Quote from: http://www.indian-military.org/tag/mig-29.html
The MiG-29 is available for flights of civilian passengers. Civilian flights started due to financial problems on Gromov Flight Research Institute in the Russian city Zhukovsky. Those flights in Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-21, Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-23, Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-25, MiG-29 and Sukhoi Su-27 stopped in July 2006, when civilian flights in MiG-29 and Mikoyan MiG-31 started from Nizhny Novgorod.

Civilian flights in MiG-25 in Russia have not been possible for 5 years. :(
I imagine they probably got sick of people exclaiming "Well it looked pretty flat to me" >:(
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 11:31:14 AM by Thork »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
No, the two seat variant is not the MiG-25RB is it? Its the Mig-25RU. And the Russian air force don't have any of those. They only have 42 RBs.

After a bit more research, it turns out that there are 2 different 2 seat trainer variants of the Mig-25.  The RU and the PU, both carrying the NATO designation Foxbat-C.  It shouldn't be unreasonable to assume that at least one trainer remains in service, even with the Mig-25 being in very limited service.

I don't know why Markjo would even bother to defend this? Its an open shut case. The OP was a work of fantasy.

I'm not saying that the OP isn't lying.  I'm just saying that 2 seat variants of the Mig-25 do exist and therefore the OP's story, while unlikely, is at least plausible.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

The only weird thing about this is that if he didn't actually know anything about planes and he just wiki'd everything, he should have instantly seen that the Mig-25RB (or whatever) only has one seat. I honestly can't tell if he is lying.
If you don't know, whenever you talk about it you're invoking the supernatural
Unknown != Magic.