Zeteticism Proves Earth Rotation

• 61 Replies
Re: Zeteticism Proves Earth Rotation
« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2011, 04:36:29 AM »
To explain the motion of the pendulum, knowing the shape of the Earth is not enough, so other axioms must be included. The axioms I listed are the MINIMUM that must be assumed to explain the observations of procession in pendulums. Just by virtue of the Earth being flat doesn't explain this motion, so other things must be assumed.

And yes, gravity does necessitate spherical objects. Incorrect

Then I will fix your list. I thought you were just listing axioms of each theory.

Flat Earth Theory axioms:
1) The Entirety of the Earth exists on a plane
2) There is some mysterious connection between the heavens and Earth (remember gravity doesn't exist)

Round Earth Theory axioms:
1) Gravity exists (a spherical Earth is a result of this)
2) The Earth rotates
Quote from: Tom Bishop
If you don't know, whenever you talk about it you're invoking the supernatural
Quote from: Tom Bishop
Unknown != Magic.

Re: Zeteticism Proves Earth Rotation
« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2011, 06:23:16 AM »

Then I will fix your list. I thought you were just listing axioms of each theory.

Flat Earth Theory axioms:
1) The Entirety of the Earth exists on a plane
2) There is some mysterious connection between the heavens and Earth (remember gravity doesn't exist)

Round Earth Theory axioms:
1) Gravity exists (a spherical Earth is a result of this)
2) The Earth rotates

You might want to add to the FE list that there is some force causing the heavens to rotate above us.

You will inevitably find that the FE model relies of a far larger number of things than the RE model. I also dislike the word 'axiom'. It kind of gives the wrong impression to me. I think that 'assumption' would be far better, but that may just be me.