Virgin Galactic

• 114 Replies
Virgin Galactic
« on: August 15, 2011, 03:30:06 AM »
Read this and go to the link below, scroll down to "Our Markets Space Tourism." and view the pick on the left.

"In the last 50 years, our quality of life has been immeasurably and positively influenced by man's first childlike steps into the world outside our world. Without satellite technology our ability to even attempt to feed the global population or to understand the pace and nature of climate change would be severely curtailed. However if we are to exploit fully the huge potential that space holds, there needs to be a dramatic and rapid change in the old, dirty and dangerous technology that has been used to put people and payload into space for half a century."

http://www.virgingalactic.com/overview/environment/

"The starting price for flights is $200,000 with refundable deposits starting from $20,000."

http://www.virgingalactic.com/overview/space-tickets/

Ice wall ninja

Skeleton

• Frankly, I have better things to do with my time.
Re: Virgin Galactic
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 03:45:14 AM »
Oh no, this will trigger James delirious burbling about how Richard Branson is a satanist because the shape of his beard fits inside a pentagram and all that garbage. I fear a can of worms has been opened.
If the ultimate objective is to kill Skeleton, we should just do that next.

?

Thork

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 04:05:23 AM »
So Richard Branson has found a way to take $200,000 from people who have more money than sense. How many of those people, has he actually taken into space?

He has been taking refundable deposits since 2005. Millions and millions of dollars of refundable deposits. All that money as an interest free loan, at a time when the banks won't lend? What an entrepreneur!

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 04:06:32 AM »
Oh no, this will trigger James delirious burbling about how Richard Branson is a satanist because the shape of his beard fits inside a pentagram and all that garbage. I fear a can of worms has been opened.

I googled "Richard Branson satanist" and the first suggestion was the FES, LMAO. The thread was made by james...

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=30418.0

Sorry for opening a can of assumptions.

But still, you can buy a tickit to see earth from above, Id like to keep this thread focused on that.

BTW skeleton, is your avatar toms desk, and the book hes not reading because pages are turing to fast ENaG? lol
Ice wall ninja

?

Thork

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 04:08:38 AM »
But still, you can buy a tickit[sic] (true)
to see earth from above, (false)

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 04:11:38 AM »
So Richard Branson has found a way to take $200,000 from people who have more money than sense. How many of those people, has he actually taken into space?

If your that rich, you have way more sense then money. After all, how did you get tht rich if your stupid and lack commen sense? Besides getting it from your dad like paris whore hilton, you gotta have brains to be able to spend $200,000 on a flight into space.
Ice wall ninja

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 04:13:46 AM »
But still, you can buy a tickit[sic] (true)
to see earth from above, (false)

A troll for 11 months, 11 months??? OMG!!!
Ice wall ninja

?

Thork

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 04:21:05 AM »

If your that rich, you have way more sense then money. After all, how did you get tht rich if your stupid and lack commen sense? Besides getting it from your dad like paris whore hilton, you gotta have brains to be able to spend $200,000 on a flight into space.
Are you saying rich people are smarter than everyone else? All of them? Let me direct you to one of Tom Bishop's threads so you can agree with him.
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=49778.msg1221794#msg1221794

A troll for 11 months, 11 months??? OMG!!!
Assuming you are libelling me, having been here for 11 months it will come as no surprise to you that I have tried to lift the lid on Branson's swindelling before.
You may find this thread interesting

Skeleton

• Frankly, I have better things to do with my time.
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2011, 04:54:00 AM »

He has been taking refundable deposits since 2005. Millions and millions of dollars of refundable deposits. All that money as an interest free loan, at a time when the banks won't lend? What an entrepreneur!

He has good business sense, this is why hes the multi millionaire he is today. He is also a lot more ruthless in his business dealings than people realise because he has such a "nice guy" image.
He did, however, help develop a spacecraft that has flown to space and won the X-Prize, so at least people have a sensible reason to invest their money in him. If people want to spend their cash in that way, thats up to them.
If the ultimate objective is to kill Skeleton, we should just do that next.

?

Thork

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2011, 05:29:43 AM »

He has good business sense, this is why hes the multi millionaire he is today. He is also a lot more ruthless in his business dealings than people realise because he has such a "nice guy" image.
He did, however, help develop a spacecraft that has flown to space and won the X-Prize, so at least people have a sensible reason to invest their money in him. If people want to spend their cash in that way, thats up to them.
The fact people are willing to take a punt on Richard Branson, can hardly be seen as empirical evidence for space flight. You can also pay a fortune to have your body cryogenically stored after your death. It doesn't mean anyone is actually going to revive you. Right now, like space tourism, its not possible and like space tourism it might never be possible.

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2011, 06:33:38 AM »
Thanks thork, Thanks for leading me to a comedy gem.

"Q. What about all of the people who were just born into money. You can't really say that they are smarter or better than a poor person.

A. Yes you can. When parents reproduce they are really just making copies of themselves. The people born into wealth are copies of their parents who worked hard and succeeded. Children are a continuation of one's [successful] self" - tom

Ice wall ninja

?

Thork

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2011, 11:29:19 AM »
I am disappointed that I linked how Branson and Rutan are scamming people and you chose to ignore the compelling evidence and instead focus on Tom Bishop's Darwinian ideas about a superclass.

?

zork

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2011, 12:40:17 PM »
I am disappointed that I linked how Branson and Rutan are scamming people and you chose to ignore the compelling evidence
Compelling evidence? You are going to lose the case in the court in seconds because you don't have any evidence. To be more exact, you can't even go to the court with this because you don't have any evidence for money swindling. But Branson and Rutan can sue you for slander and that is the case which they are gonna win definitely.
Rowbotham had bad eyesight
-
http://thulescientific.com/Lynch%20Curvature%202008.pdf - Visually discerning the curvature of the Earth
http://thulescientific.com/TurbulentShipWakes_Lynch_AO_2005.pdf - Turbulent ship wakes:further evidence that the Earth is round.

?

Thork

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2011, 01:30:02 PM »
I am disappointed that I linked how Branson and Rutan are scamming people and you chose to ignore the compelling evidence
Compelling evidence? You are going to lose the case in the court in seconds because you don't have any evidence. To be more exact, you can't even go to the court with this because you don't have any evidence for money swindling. But Branson and Rutan can sue you for slander and that is the case which they are gonna win definitely.
Slander is the spoken word zork. The term you failed to find was libel.

?

zork

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2011, 02:18:39 PM »
Slander is the spoken word zork. The term you failed to find was libel.
Slander is not spoken word. Slander involves the making of defamatory statements by a transitory (non-fixed) representation and the board here qualifies quite well as such non-fixed presentation.
   Also the net is full of pages where people talk how newspapers slander people. So its kind of commonly used word even in printed media context.
-
http://thulescientific.com/Lynch%20Curvature%202008.pdf - Visually discerning the curvature of the Earth
http://thulescientific.com/TurbulentShipWakes_Lynch_AO_2005.pdf - Turbulent ship wakes:further evidence that the Earth is round.

?

Thork

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2011, 02:50:05 PM »
You were talking about suing. Therefore there is only one interpretation. Law is very specific about that.

Quote from: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/slander
slander [slan-der]    Origin
slan·der   [slan-der]
noun
1. defamation; calumny: rumors full of slander.
2. a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report: a slander against his good name.
3. Law. defamation by oral utterance rather than by writing, pictures, etc.
verb (used with object)
4. to utter slander against; defame.

Whether people use it in the wrong sense all over the internet or not, is irrelevant.

?

zork

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2011, 03:30:03 PM »
You were talking about suing. Therefore there is only one interpretation. Law is very specific about that.
And that is why you shouldn't rely on dictionary definition. http://www.expertlaw.com/library/personal_injury/defamation.html says that - Slander involves the making of defamatory statements by a transitory (non-fixed) representation, usually an oral (spoken) representation.
 Note the word "usually" in this sentence. Its not a requirement that it is definitely spoken word. Internet boards are more like transitory representations not like printed media. There is also a case about it which backs up my view - http://www.h-online.com/newsticker/news/item/Judge-rules-on-internet-forum-comments-736813.html
-

?

Hazbollah

• Flat Earth Editor
  • Earth Shape Apathetic.
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2011, 04:03:26 PM »
Read this and go to the link below, scroll down to "Our Markets Space Tourism." and view the pick on the left.

"In the last 50 years, our quality of life has been immeasurably and positively influenced by man's first childlike steps into the world outside our world. Without satellite technology our ability to even attempt to feed the global population or to understand the pace and nature of climate change would be severely curtailed. However if we are to exploit fully the huge potential that space holds, there needs to be a dramatic and rapid change in the old, dirty and dangerous technology that has been used to put people and payload into space for half a century."

"The starting price for flights is $200,000 with refundable deposits starting from $20,000."

I highly doubt tjat a company that can hardly run a train service properly can operate a functioning space programme. Another giant Albino Pachyderm, to be honest. Only doing something the Russians have been doing for a long while with spare MiGs anyway, really. It doesn't actually go into space to my knowledge.
Always check your tackle- Caerphilly school of Health. If I see an innuendo in my post, I'll be sure to whip it out.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2011, 07:00:51 PM »
And that is why you shouldn't rely on dictionary definition. http://www.expertlaw.com/library/personal_injury/defamation.html says that - Slander involves the making of defamatory statements by a transitory (non-fixed) representation, usually an oral (spoken) representation.
 Note the word "usually" in this sentence. Its not a requirement that it is definitely spoken word. Internet boards are more like transitory representations not like printed media. There is also a case about it which backs up my view - http://www.h-online.com/newsticker/news/item/Judge-rules-on-internet-forum-comments-736813.html
Since any competent lawyer willing to take the case would know the proper term to use, I think that you guys should get back on topic.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
  • The dopest founding father.
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2011, 09:15:22 PM »

Shit, I'll claim the ability to take you to space to if you give my $20,000. This is hardly evidence of anything.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2011, 09:57:11 PM »
Shit, I'll claim the ability to take you to space to if you give my $20,000. This is hardly evidence of anything.

Do you have a craft that has made several documented flights into space?

?

Theodolite

• NASA's Chief Surveyor
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2011, 09:59:20 PM »
Im interested in a flight, Mr Franklin.  When can I visit your facility?  I would like to speak with your aerospace engineers.

Also, have you won any spaceflight prizes?
Gather round my gentle sheep, I have a wonderful spherical story for you

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
  • The dopest founding father.
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2011, 10:25:25 PM »
Yes.

Im interested in a flight, Mr Franklin.  When can I visit your facility?  I would like to speak with your aerospace engineers.

Also, have you won any spaceflight prizes?
You can visit my facility anytime, just contact me to set up an appointment. I am also my own aerospace engineer. However, for a tour or interview you must be a customer.

And yes. I have won the PizzaPlanet award of ass-kickery. It comes from the reputable "PizzaPlanet Foundation", an organization that seeks to advance FET space travel.

Since I've shown you both that I have valid credentials, can I get my $20,000 deposit now?

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2011, 10:38:28 PM »
Besides, Franklin hasn't killed anybody unlike that other bunch.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2011, 06:25:25 AM »

Would you be willing to subject this documentation to public examination? 

Since I've shown you both that I have valid credentials, can I get my $20,000 deposit now?

Sure.  Will you take a personal check?

Besides, Franklin hasn't killed anybody...

As far as you know.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 06:28:11 AM by markjo »

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2011, 09:51:48 AM »

Richard Garriott

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2011, 09:52:55 AM »

The fact people are willing to take a punt on Richard Branson, can hardly be seen as empirical evidence for space flight. You can also pay a fortune to have your body cryogenically stored after your death. It doesn't mean anyone is actually going to revive you. Right now, like space tourism, its not possible and like space tourism it might never be possible.
sorry for dpouble post but:
Richard Garriott

?

Thork

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2011, 10:53:52 AM »
Yes, you keep posting 'Richard Garriot' as though he has been into space courtesy of Richard Branson. That is after all, the flavour of this thread. But Richard Garriot instead got himself involved with NASA. That's a whole different thread. One shrouded in deceit, conspiracy and skulduggery.

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2011, 11:54:36 AM »

Would you be willing to subject this documentation to public examination? 

Sure.  Will you take a personal check?

Besides, Franklin hasn't killed anybody...

As far as you know.

Yeah, you're right.  I should've asked him first if has killed anybody.  Maybe he'll respond with a tell-all confession.

Burt Rutan got the money to develop SS1 from Paul Allen of Microsoft fame.  Branson's money is funding SS2.  As far as I can find out, it hasn't been over 50,000 ft. and this was a glider type flight, dropped by a mother ship.  I think we've been over this enterprise and its problems before.

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=36242.0
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=37176.0

?

Hazbollah

• Flat Earth Editor
  • Earth Shape Apathetic.
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2011, 12:05:41 PM »
As I have said, it only makes very, very short excursions into space (if at all) , which is not incompatible with FE.
Always check your tackle- Caerphilly school of Health. If I see an innuendo in my post, I'll be sure to whip it out.