Abduction! - A forum Game

• 1270 Replies

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
Re: Abduction! - A forum Game
« Reply #390 on: August 19, 2011, 01:08:18 PM »
Yeah, but he did it by whining and raging like a child. Horrendously bad form.
Here's an explanation for ya. Lurk moar. Every single point you brought up has been posted, reposted, debated and debunked. There is a search function on this forum, and it is very easy to use.

Lorddave

« Reply #391 on: August 19, 2011, 01:40:14 PM »
You know....

1. Skeleton may NOT be the tin foil guy and may be trying to get abducted.
2. Skeleton may be just a normal guy who is trying to keep the actual tin foil guy safe.
3. Skeleton may be an alien who is making himself into one of the other roles to make us think he's human.
4. @Skeleton: There is a thing called a PM.  You can rally support using that from actual humans once you confirm their identity.  You could even, got forbid, make subtle hints about who to lynch.  And if you die and are revealed to be the tin foil guy, we all will believe what you said and the aliens will lose very quickly.

In any case I think that Skeleton should reveal his top 4 choices in 2 days (if he survives) for aliens.  Then we lynch him and find out who he really is. 
Also: I think Skeleton should NEVER reveal who the gun nut is.  Doing so only helps the aliens, not us, and it's a really, really, really stupid idea. 

Also:
Skeleton, reveal all your potential aliens now just in case you die tonight.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Taters343

• Official Member
  • Pope/Tater/Robot with flower girl capabilities!
« Reply #392 on: August 19, 2011, 01:56:39 PM »
Skeleton seems to think that "Can reveal the MIB and Gun Nut" means he is allowed to tell everyone who they are. He, of course, can do this, but it seems pretty clear to me that that's not what it actually means. That sentence was just put in there to show that the tin foil hat guy could ask about them as well.

In summary: Skeleton is a moron and a tool.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #393 on: August 19, 2011, 02:41:46 PM »
Lynch me next, guys.  The sooner you see that I'm not an alien and recognize my awesome powaz of observation the better it will be for all of us.

We would have won the last game I was lynched in, if there weren't a bunch of people sitting out, because of my skillz.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

Lorddave

« Reply #394 on: August 19, 2011, 02:45:17 PM »
I still think Cheesus is an alien.  But I'll go with the mob if my vote is needed.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

« Reply #395 on: August 19, 2011, 02:45:59 PM »
my awesome powaz of observation

What? The last thing you did was vote to lynch Thork.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #396 on: August 19, 2011, 02:47:35 PM »
I am 90% sure Cheesus is an alien.

my awesome powaz of observation

What? The last thing you did was vote to lynch Thork.

Your point?  It's still early in the game.  I was right about you not being an alien.  It's not my fault that Thork goes out of his way to look suspicious every single time he plays.

« Reply #397 on: August 19, 2011, 02:49:42 PM »

Skeleton revealed that Cheesus is the Gun Nut. I believe him because he's probably too dumb to be capable of complex deceit. Your awesome powaz of observation are failing you!

Lorddave

« Reply #398 on: August 19, 2011, 02:50:30 PM »

Skeleton revealed that Cheesus is the Gun Nut. I believe him because he's probably too dumb to be capable of complex deceit. Your awesome powaz of observation are failing you!
When did he do that?

Taters343

• Official Member
« Reply #399 on: August 19, 2011, 02:50:51 PM »
Marcus next! If Marcus is not an alien than Skeleton and Cheesus would be good guesses.

Vindictus

• insightful personal text
« Reply #400 on: August 19, 2011, 02:51:33 PM »
When did he do that?

Did you miss the wall of text?

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #401 on: August 19, 2011, 02:52:00 PM »
Marcus next! If Marcus is not an alien than Skeleton and Cheesus would be good guesses.

Skeleton would be a good guess for what?

Lorddave

« Reply #402 on: August 19, 2011, 02:52:51 PM »
When did he do that?

Did you miss the wall of text?
I read a few but only briefly.  I'll go back and read some of the walls of text then.

Vindictus

• insightful personal text
« Reply #403 on: August 19, 2011, 02:53:50 PM »
Skeleton's wall of text on the previous page outs Cheesus as the gun nut. Assuming Skeleton is the tin foil guy, which is likely.

Lorddave

« Reply #404 on: August 19, 2011, 02:56:59 PM »
Skeleton's wall of text on the previous page outs Cheesus as the gun nut. Assuming Skeleton is the tin foil guy, which is likely.
Just read it.

I think he's comment of "No where does it say the tin foil hat is on the side of the villagers" says it all.  He doesn't understand the mechanics of the game.
Or he's really, really, really good at it and is deceiving us all.

Taters343

• Official Member
« Reply #405 on: August 19, 2011, 03:02:53 PM »

An alien.

Just read it.

I think he's comment of "No where does it say the tin foil hat is on the side of the villagers" says it all.  He doesn't understand the mechanics of the game.
Or he's really, really, really good at it and is deceiving us all.

I doubt he's that smart, but I wouldn't rule out that another alien could have put him up to it.

Lorddave

« Reply #406 on: August 19, 2011, 03:07:16 PM »
I think this is the first game I've played where it wasn't just random guess after random guess until the game was over.

Taters343

• Official Member
« Reply #407 on: August 19, 2011, 03:08:59 PM »
Did you play in the very first game? It was amazingly strategic. The first two wolves were cleverly weeded out early on, but the last wolf lasted quite a long time and then convinced the villagers to lynch the wrong guy on their last chance and the wolves ended up winning.

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #408 on: August 19, 2011, 03:10:38 PM »

An alien.

Maybe, if his strategy is to troll the other aliens by getting killed.

Taters343

• Official Member
« Reply #409 on: August 19, 2011, 03:12:29 PM »
Well, he is a moron, so I wouldn't put it past him.

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #410 on: August 19, 2011, 03:18:37 PM »
I guess it's possible. Maybe he thought we wouldn't lynch him if we knew him to not be an alien - and he's already made up an excuse for why the aliens wouldn't abduct him.

Taters343

• Official Member
« Reply #411 on: August 19, 2011, 03:21:12 PM »
A completely stupid excuse that no alien with any strategy would listen to if he wasn't, in fact, an alien. Then again, if he's not an alien the aliens might expect us to think that, and therefore not abduct him so that the villagers would lynch him.

Lorddave

« Reply #412 on: August 19, 2011, 03:23:45 PM »
Did you play in the very first game? It was amazingly strategic. The first two wolves were cleverly weeded out early on, but the last wolf lasted quite a long time and then convinced the villagers to lynch the wrong guy on their last chance and the wolves ended up winning.

Nah.  Wasn't around.  I joined Werewolf like 7 or something.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #413 on: August 19, 2011, 03:26:20 PM »

Well, I did miss that; I didn't bother reading through Skeleton's wall of text/bitchfest.   I ran into the same problem once with Pizza; I was sure he was an alien because of how he was acting, but it turned out he was acting weird because he was the psychic.

So let's give him the benefit of the doubt and avoid lynching Cheesus, at least for now.  Maybe we should just lynch Skeleton and get it over with.  Personally, I do think Marcus is probably an alien and that he's a logical choice at this point to lynch next.  Unless you want to go with lynching me but again I'm perfectly willing to take one for the team.

Trust me.  I will win this game for the villagers single-handedly (and dead) if I have to.

I do feel compelled to point out that Skeleton implied pretty strongly that I (among others) am an innocent villager.  So if we're using his word as law (possibly a mistake, but possibly not) it would be a mistake to lynch me.

I guess it's possible. Maybe he thought we wouldn't lynch him if we knew him to not be an alien - and he's already made up an excuse for why the aliens wouldn't abduct him.

This is why I think we it might be a good idea to just lynch him next.  Get the moron out of the way.  If he turns out to be a wolf, Cheesus is almost certainly a wolf as well.  If he turns out to be the tinfoil hat guy, we know that our safest bet is to protect Cheesus (as well as me, and anybody else who's insulted poor little Skeleton in this game and is still alive).

At any rate, I agree with Skeleton that he hasn't broken any rules (assuming he's telling the truth).  That doesn't mean that he hasn't been playing the game really stupidly (again, if he's telling the truth; his gameplay might be rather brilliant if he's a wolf).
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 07:39:06 AM by Roundy the Truthinessist »

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #414 on: August 19, 2011, 03:27:22 PM »
A completely stupid excuse that no alien with any strategy would listen to if he wasn't, in fact, an alien. Then again, if he's not an alien the aliens might expect us to think that, and therefore not abduct him so that the villagers would lynch him.

What I meant was that if he's an alien, the other aliens wouldn't abduct him no matter how stupid he is. So whatever the excuse, the other aliens would have to oblige by it.

Of course the excuse wouldn't matter to the aliens if Skeleton isn't one.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #415 on: August 19, 2011, 03:35:13 PM »
btw, Skeleton, contrary to what you seem to think, if the wolves win, you lose.  Just throwing it out there.

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #416 on: August 19, 2011, 03:36:18 PM »
I like how we're just calling them wolves.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #417 on: August 19, 2011, 03:37:37 PM »
lol, I'm just really tired.  Old habits, you know.  :D

?

Thork

« Reply #418 on: August 19, 2011, 03:40:27 PM »
I had a pm from Skeleton several hours ago, saying words to the effect of "screw you all, I'm never coming back". If he doesn't come back in a few days, I will post it for your entertainment.

Until then, I suggest the finger pointing of who might be an alien resumes.

« Reply #419 on: August 19, 2011, 03:41:46 PM »
I had a PRIVATE message from Skeleton several hours ago, saying words to the effect of "screw you all, I'm never coming back". If he doesn't come back in a few days, I will post it for your entertainment.

Please don't.
Quote from: Tom Bishop
If you don't know, whenever you talk about it you're invoking the supernatural
Quote from: Tom Bishop
Unknown != Magic.