Abduction! - A forum Game

• 1270 Replies

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
Re: Abduction! - A forum Game
« Reply #360 on: August 19, 2011, 08:57:32 AM »
The sickly sweet tones of Cliff Richard rang out from Thork's house as it always did. Thork was an old-timer in the village and had been alive when it was briefly the heart of the Mid-West Cabbage run of the 50s.

When the mob arrived at his porch he wasn't surprised, he was ready.

"You boys better stay back, ah know this shotgun won't get all o' ya, but It'll make a pretty fine mess of the first few who try anything. Now, y'all know ah'm no alien, or a liberal for that matter, so turn yourselves around an' put yer heads together to find the real pod-people.

The sound of his rocking chair creaking was the only sound in the town, apart from the whistle of tumbleweed as it hurried to take advantage of the situation.

"I'm sorry, Thork."

The crowd jumped at the sound of a shotgun blast but Thork's gun was not smoking. Wardogg's was. The chair stopped creaking and Thork's human body flopped messily to the porch he'd owned for seventy years.

Thork was not an alien.

It is now night-time. It will continue to be night-time until I can get to the internet again which may be tomorrow but is more likely to be Sunday.

Alien Spock, send me your abductee

MIB, send me your guess.

WardoggKC130FE

• What website is that? MadeUpMonkeyShit.com?
« Reply #361 on: August 19, 2011, 09:08:44 AM »
BOTH BARRELS!!!  Damn...I am sad he was a human though.

?

Thork

« Reply #362 on: August 19, 2011, 09:24:50 AM »
Well that was silly. ::)

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #363 on: August 19, 2011, 09:27:19 AM »
You werent very convincing.  Should have tried harder.

?

Thork

« Reply #364 on: August 19, 2011, 09:30:03 AM »
I said several times, "I am not an alien". How much easier could I have made it for you? I'm hoping you will all stop messing about and kill Marcus next.

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #365 on: August 19, 2011, 09:31:02 AM »
I said several times, "I am not an alien". How much easier could I have made it for you? I'm hoping you will all stop messing about and kill Marcus next.

Hmmm...I must have missed those posts.

?

Thork

« Reply #366 on: August 19, 2011, 09:43:08 AM »

Skeleton

• Frankly, I have better things to do with my time.
« Reply #367 on: August 19, 2011, 09:46:27 AM »

It doesnt matter that you werent an alien, you were the grumpiest fecker in Fesville. You would have got lynched one day anyway.
If the ultimate objective is to kill Skeleton, we should just do that next.

?

Thork

« Reply #368 on: August 19, 2011, 09:51:18 AM »

Skeleton

« Reply #369 on: August 19, 2011, 10:12:10 AM »

As I said before, I love a sore loser.  :P
You do realise, corpse-Thork, that by encouraging the aliens to abduct me or villagers to lynch me, nobody gets to learn the identity of the four players that I have definitely worked out roles for? Three definite non-aliens and the gun nut, so far. Be a pity if the aliens picked up the gun nut, or the villagers lynched more innocent citizens, but hey ho, if thats what Thork wants to happen...  ::)

?

Thork

« Reply #370 on: August 19, 2011, 10:25:36 AM »
So you revealed yourself before finding a single alien? Awesome. :(

« Reply #371 on: August 19, 2011, 10:29:41 AM »
I knew Thork wasn't an alien. Why did you guys vote for him?
Quote from: Tom Bishop
If you don't know, whenever you talk about it you're invoking the supernatural
Unknown != Magic.

Marcus Aurelius

• My Alts: Tom Bishop, Gayer, theonlydann
« Reply #372 on: August 19, 2011, 10:34:56 AM »
I didn't, even though he seems to be insisting constantly that I am an alien.

I'm kinda suspecting Roundy and Saddam personally.

Taters343

• Official Member
  • Pope/Tater/Robot with flower girl capabilities!
« Reply #373 on: August 19, 2011, 10:37:49 AM »
Skeleton is so incredibly retarded. He still doesn't seem to realise that he is on the villager team. I'm also pretty sure he is jumping the gun on drawing conclusions, but I could be wrong about that.

I agree about Roundy, but I'm not sure about Saddam. If Roundy turns out to be an alien I'd guess Wardogg next.

Skeleton

« Reply #374 on: August 19, 2011, 11:01:02 AM »
Skeleton is so incredibly retarded. He still doesn't seem to realise that he is on the villager team. I'm also pretty sure he is jumping the gun on drawing conclusions, but I could be wrong about that.

I agree about Roundy, but I'm not sure about Saddam. If Roundy turns out to be an alien I'd guess Wardogg next.

Taters is so incredibly retarded. He still doesnt seem to realise that the tinfoils information is of no consequence if people dont know who he is. Im also pretty sure he doesnt understand why it might be in the aliens interest not to abduct him, because he is incapable of reading back through the posts. He also doesnt understand that even though the tinfoil is nominally on the villagers team, if the villagers keep insulting him he WILL start helping the aliens.
So be nice, Taters. Dont forget I can vote on lynchings too. Dont forget how many villagers have voted to lynch completely innocent civilians so far. So you might as well cut the "I agree about X but Im not sure about Y" stuff because you are all just guessing, with a 100% wrongness rate so far.
Actually it will eventually be easy to tell who are aliens and who are villagers as the villagers are the ones who keep posting insulting crap at me.

Taters343

• Official Member
« Reply #375 on: August 19, 2011, 11:09:30 AM »

Taters is so incredibly retarded. He still doesnt seem to realise that the tinfoils information is of no consequence if people dont know who he is. Im also pretty sure he doesnt understand why it might be in the aliens interest not to abduct him, because he is incapable of reading back through the posts. He also doesnt understand that even though the tinfoil is nominally on the villagers team, if the villagers keep insulting him he WILL start helping the aliens.
So be nice, Taters. Dont forget I can vote on lynchings too. Dont forget how many villagers have voted to lynch completely innocent civilians so far. So you might as well cut the "I agree about X but Im not sure about Y" stuff because you are all just guessing, with a 100% wrongness rate so far.
Actually it will eventually be easy to tell who are aliens and who are villagers as the villagers are the ones who keep posting insulting crap at me.

Skeleton is so incredibly retarded.

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #376 on: August 19, 2011, 11:18:27 AM »
Great job, team! Marcus next, amirite?
Here's an explanation for ya. Lurk moar. Every single point you brought up has been posted, reposted, debated and debunked. There is a search function on this forum, and it is very easy to use.

Skeleton

« Reply #377 on: August 19, 2011, 11:18:47 AM »
Skeleton is so incredibly retarded.

Yay, complain that I am not helping the villagers enough, then deliberately post to push me to help the aliens. If youre this confused about who you want me to help, what hope for your sexual preferences? 

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #378 on: August 19, 2011, 11:25:50 AM »
DUDE ARE YOU FUCKING DENSE? ARE YOU RETARDED OR SOMETHING? YOU ARE ON THE VILLAGER TEAM. YOU WILL LOSE IF YOU HELP THE ALIENS, YOU DUMB SHIT.

Fuck it, we might as well get him first and then go for Marcus. Unless the aliens mercy kill him for our sake.
Here's an explanation for ya. Lurk moar. Every single point you brought up has been posted, reposted, debated and debunked. There is a search function on this forum, and it is very easy to use.

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #379 on: August 19, 2011, 11:26:37 AM »
I honestly don't understand how keeping you alive is any more beneficial to the aliens than abducting you.

Next time, please don't turn yourself in before you've found some aliens, retard.

Taters343

• Official Member
« Reply #380 on: August 19, 2011, 11:58:01 AM »
DUDE ARE YOU FUCKING DENSE? ARE YOU RETARDED OR SOMETHING? YOU ARE ON THE VILLAGER TEAM. YOU WILL LOSE IF YOU HELP THE ALIENS, YOU DUMB SHIT.

Fuck it, we might as well get him first and then go for Marcus. Unless the aliens mercy kill him for our sake.

My thoughts exactly.

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #381 on: August 19, 2011, 12:26:43 PM »
At least the aliens aren't retarded dickheads.

Skeleton

« Reply #382 on: August 19, 2011, 12:29:17 PM »
This could have been a fun game for all the players, but no, you all wanna shit in your sandbox and be insulting. I bet when you play chess (if you can) you just rush to take as many of the opponents pieces as possible with no thought to strategy. Yeah, you could have had me tell you who some definite villagers are by now, but seriously, why would I want to help people who are just being rude to me?
All the incredulous bleating about "herp derp I dont understand how keeping you alive can help the aliens, durrr" just means you dont really understand the mechanics of the game.
Nowhere does it say I have to be on the villagers side.
It says I may reveal the MIB and survivalist if I wish
If I can tell the aliens who the survivalist is, it is to their advantage
If I can tell the aliens who the MIB is, it is to their advantage
If I can give the aliens information on who these are, then abducting me is not in their best interest.

And similarly:
If I can tell the villagers who aliens or other villagers are it is to their advantage
If I can give the villagers information on who these are, then lynching me is not on their best interest.
If I get abducted by an alien because they know who I am, it means another innocent villager can live. It does not affect the total number of active lynchers.

This is not rocket science. Yet it seems people cant get it.
You know, I thought it would be fun letting some of my tinfoil info out for people to use and build their guesses. I was all up for helping the villagers. Yes, of course I realised it would put me at risk, Im not a f*cking idiot, I was prepared to "take one for the team" if necessary (to use a phrase from elsewhere in this thread) but also had a plan to protect myself at least a little. I figured even if I was abducted, I would have the reward of having helped everyone else with at least a few clues to assist the villagers. Its called teamwork.
But theres no teamwork here, nobody wants to work together, instead the participants decide to hurl insults at me for daring to fulfill the most directly useful aspect of the tinfoil hat role. So what if Im not playing the way you would? Youre not playing the way I would. Im the only person with certain information about the Fesville population and the reasons you are giving for accusing people have no basis. Look at your utter failure to bag an alien yet.
I was ready to die at the hands of the aliens if necessary, but not before I had given out some useful info to the villagers. Now it looks like I might not bother after all. Ill just throw my hand, and if the aliens abduct me or not it will make no difference, because I aint coming back to Fesville. This information is revealed thanks to all those who screamed at me. You made this happen.

Cheesus is the gun nut.
Spin on that.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 12:35:06 PM by Skeleton »

Marcus Aurelius

« Reply #383 on: August 19, 2011, 12:30:02 PM »
At least the aliens aren't retarded dickheads.

?

Thork

« Reply #384 on: August 19, 2011, 12:39:17 PM »
Ok, take a deep breath and just push the keyboard away for a moment. This is just a game. A game you made a complete bollocks of.

Now,

1) You are on the villagers side. There is no doubt about that because you are not an alien. If the aliens win, they will be declared the winners. You will be left with your thumb up your arse.
2) Trying to ruin a forum game because you are about to die is a bit selfish. I died. I always die. Stop being such a little bitch. Dann always dies before he even gets a vote.
3) Now you have revealed the gun nut, they will definitely kill you as you don't yet know any of the aliens.
4) This forum isn't all about you. Its not about letting you win arguments about earth's shape, or running games for you to win, or pandering to your every whim. Fit in or f*ck off. >:(

Marcus Aurelius

« Reply #385 on: August 19, 2011, 12:46:34 PM »
Skeleton should hereby be banned from ever playing again.  We used to have a rule that wolves were never allowed to reveal other wolves, even if the other wolves ended up betraying them by voting to get them lynched.  You have pretty much done something almost as bad.

« Reply #386 on: August 19, 2011, 12:54:42 PM »
Skeleton should hereby be banned from ever playing again.

That's a bit harsh. He messed up (or possibly did something really brilliant, but I doubt it). That is hardly a basis for banning him from forum games.)
If you don't know, whenever you talk about it you're invoking the supernatural
Unknown != Magic.

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #387 on: August 19, 2011, 01:01:53 PM »
This could have been a fun game for all the players, but no, you all wanna shit in your sandbox and be insulting. I bet when you play chess (if you can) you just rush to take as many of the opponents pieces as possible with no thought to strategy. Yeah, you could have had me tell you who some definite villagers are by now, but seriously, why would I want to help people who are just being rude to me?
All the incredulous bleating about "herp derp I dont understand how keeping you alive can help the aliens, durrr" just means you dont really understand the mechanics of the game.
Nowhere does it say I have to be on the villagers side.
It says I may reveal the MIB and survivalist if I wish
If I can tell the aliens who the survivalist is, it is to their advantage
If I can tell the aliens who the MIB is, it is to their advantage
If I can give the aliens information on who these are, then abducting me is not in their best interest.

And similarly:
If I can tell the villagers who aliens or other villagers are it is to their advantage
If I can give the villagers information on who these are, then lynching me is not on their best interest.
If I get abducted by an alien because they know who I am, it means another innocent villager can live. It does not affect the total number of active lynchers.

This is not rocket science. Yet it seems people cant get it.
You know, I thought it would be fun letting some of my tinfoil info out for people to use and build their guesses. I was all up for helping the villagers. Yes, of course I realised it would put me at risk, Im not a f*cking idiot, I was prepared to "take one for the team" if necessary (to use a phrase from elsewhere in this thread) but also had a plan to protect myself at least a little. I figured even if I was abducted, I would have the reward of having helped everyone else with at least a few clues to assist the villagers. Its called teamwork.
But theres no teamwork here, nobody wants to work together, instead the participants decide to hurl insults at me for daring to fulfill the most directly useful aspect of the tinfoil hat role. So what if Im not playing the way you would? Youre not playing the way I would. Im the only person with certain information about the Fesville population and the reasons you are giving for accusing people have no basis. Look at your utter failure to bag an alien yet.
I was ready to die at the hands of the aliens if necessary, but not before I had given out some useful info to the villagers. Now it looks like I might not bother after all. Ill just throw my hand, and if the aliens abduct me or not it will make no difference, because I aint coming back to Fesville. This information is revealed thanks to all those who screamed at me. You made this happen.

Cheesus is the gun nut.
Spin on that.

You do realise that helping the other side is not in the interest of either side.

And because we cannot trust you to only pick one side and stick to it, it effectively means that both the villagers and the aliens will want you dead as soon as possible. Especially the villagers since you just presumably revealed who the gun nut is.

You couldn't have played this worse. Honestly.

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #388 on: August 19, 2011, 01:04:51 PM »
Also there's the fact the Skeleton will lose if we do. Working with the aliens has no in-game reward at all.

PizzaPlanet

• Now available in stereo
« Reply #389 on: August 19, 2011, 01:05:34 PM »
You couldn't have played this worse. Honestly.
In fact, he trolled the fornicating faeces out of you guys. Incredibly well played.
hacking your precious forum as we speak 8) 8) 8)