Re: Abduction! - A forum Game
« Reply #240 on: August 18, 2011, 10:30:18 AM »
So... are we killing Thork?

I vote to lynch Thork (1)

?

Thork

« Reply #241 on: August 18, 2011, 10:57:20 AM »
No, there is little interest in killing Thork. I think the mob want to see Marcus die next. He's probably an alien.

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #242 on: August 18, 2011, 11:04:36 AM »
We're killing Thork. I vote to lynch Thork (2).
Here's an explanation for ya. Lurk moar. Every single point you brought up has been posted, reposted, debated and debunked. There is a search function on this forum, and it is very easy to use.

WardoggKC130FE

• What website is that? MadeUpMonkeyShit.com?
« Reply #243 on: August 18, 2011, 11:06:46 AM »
Its not voting time yet.  Im not a good riot inciter apparently.......

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #244 on: August 18, 2011, 11:41:27 AM »
What are you smoking? It's day and has been for a little while. It most definitely IS voting time.
Here's an explanation for ya. Lurk moar. Every single point you brought up has been posted, reposted, debated and debunked. There is a search function on this forum, and it is very easy to use.

?

Thork

« Reply #245 on: August 18, 2011, 11:49:52 AM »
No, we should wait. By that time people will have calmed down and will vote with a level head. Then Marcus will die.

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #246 on: August 18, 2011, 11:51:11 AM »
Has it been 24 hours already?  Damn.

I vote Andrew.  Im telling you guys, that dude is an anal probing alien.  Or he's gay.  Either way not good for the community.

Thork(2)
Andrew(1)

?

sillyrob

• Official Member
  • Punk rawk.
« Reply #247 on: August 18, 2011, 11:53:22 AM »
I'm standing my ground and stating that I do not believe Thork is a pod-person, and we should actually think this through. We haven't found one alien yet, and mindlessly throwing away kills is pointless.

?

Thork

« Reply #248 on: August 18, 2011, 11:53:54 AM »
We voting? Ok

I vote Marcus because he is an alien. Particle Person told me so.

Marcus [1]
Thork [2]
Andrew [1]

« Reply #249 on: August 18, 2011, 12:00:06 PM »
 :'(
Quote from: Tom Bishop
If you don't know, whenever you talk about it you're invoking the supernatural
Quote from: Tom Bishop
Unknown != Magic.

Skeleton

• Frankly, I have better things to do with my time.
« Reply #250 on: August 18, 2011, 12:03:08 PM »
OK, hear me, hear me. Hold the voting just yet, because there could well be some interesting information coming in the near future which might influence you. Yes, I know you are all itching to go after someone with a sharpened screwdriver but its nearly time for me to reveal what I know...  ;)
If the ultimate objective is to kill Skeleton, we should just do that next.

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #251 on: August 18, 2011, 12:03:46 PM »
Why the delay then. Lets get it out in the open.

Skeleton

« Reply #252 on: August 18, 2011, 12:08:12 PM »

Because Im waiting for a new delivery of bacofoil to arrive before its safe for me to say anything.

Marcus Aurelius

• My Alts: Tom Bishop, Gayer, theonlydann
« Reply #253 on: August 18, 2011, 12:10:43 PM »
This will be interesting.

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #254 on: August 18, 2011, 12:18:07 PM »

Because Im waiting for a new delivery of bacofoil to arrive before its safe for me to say anything.

But the wait will be for nothing if no one believes you.  Im not changing my vote.

Skeleton

« Reply #255 on: August 18, 2011, 12:20:25 PM »

But the wait will be for nothing if no one believes you.  Im not changing my vote.

When I say "delivery of bacofoil" what I mean is "PM from Chris with answers in it."

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #256 on: August 18, 2011, 12:23:38 PM »
How can we trust its an actual inside info PM and not something you are making up to point the finger somewhere else other than at you?  I have proof Andrew is an alien.  He told me but said no one would believe me.  So far, he's right.

?

Thork

« Reply #257 on: August 18, 2011, 12:28:57 PM »

When I say "delivery of bacofoil" what I mean is "PM from Chris with answers in it."

You know the aliens are going to kill you next don't you?

?

sillyrob

• Official Member
  • Punk rawk.
« Reply #258 on: August 18, 2011, 12:30:32 PM »
Nice, admitting some role. Good game.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #259 on: August 18, 2011, 12:40:34 PM »
I'm going away tomorrow so I'm voting to lynch Thork now in case I don't get a chance. Die Thork die you alien scum.
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

Skeleton

« Reply #260 on: August 18, 2011, 12:48:14 PM »

There is one role the player is allowed to admit they are.
And I can protect myself from alien abduction - unless the aliens are being very stupid - because I might well have information they want to know too. Remember the aliens cannot abduct everyone with impunity. There are some people they might not want to abduct because of certain havoc it might wreak on the saucer. I might be able to help them in that respect.  ;D

?

Thork

« Reply #261 on: August 18, 2011, 12:49:54 PM »
I don't think you understand the rules. You are on the side of the villagers. You are not supposed to give the aliens any information at all. ::)

Marcus Aurelius

« Reply #262 on: August 18, 2011, 12:51:46 PM »
Hmmm.  I don't know who to vote for.  For now I will vote to lynch Andrew (2)

Thork (3)
Marcus Aurelius (1)

Ocius

• Official Member
  • Space President
« Reply #263 on: August 18, 2011, 12:55:21 PM »

There is one role the player is allowed to admit they are.
And I can protect myself from alien abduction - unless the aliens are being very stupid - because I might well have information they want to know too. Remember the aliens cannot abduct everyone with impunity. There are some people they might not want to abduct because of certain havoc it might wreak on the saucer. I might be able to help them in that respect.  ;D

Yea, you just painted a giant target on your head. I vote to lynch Thork (4)

Andrew (2)
Marcus Aurelius (1)

Skeleton

« Reply #264 on: August 18, 2011, 01:04:49 PM »
I don't think you understand the rules. You are on the side of the villagers. You are not supposed to give the aliens any information at all. ::)

Get it right, Thork, youre hanging by a thread.
The tinfoil hat can also reveal the MIB and the survivalist.

Look at it this way - everybody has their own idea at the moment about who is an alien and who is not. Right now, nobody has more reliable data than anyone else other than hunches, which so far have been proved completerly wrong. The only information you can trust comes from the tinfoil hat. However, if he does not step forward with his identity, his information will be treated as no more reliable than anyone elses.
But owning up to wearing the hat makes you a target of the aliens. They dont want someone saying who they are. But they also dont want to abduct the survivalist, and would quite like to bump off the MIB. The ability to reveal the identity of those characters is what protects the tinfoil hat from automatic abduction once he is out in the open. If the aliens are smart they wont nab him right away but try to subtly persuade him to give them the information they need to last as long as they can.
In summary, unless the tinfoil admits who he is, he has no role in the game above that of a normal villager. And in order to survive abduction, he has to be on nobodys side but his own.
But if you would rather not know info on who is who... *shrugs*

Marcus Aurelius

« Reply #265 on: August 18, 2011, 01:08:00 PM »
Your information isn't exactly reliable, you get 3 guesses a day, only 1 is true.  So how exactly would you know which ones are true and which are false?

?

Thork

« Reply #266 on: August 18, 2011, 01:12:59 PM »
The tin-foil hat should indeed reveal himself. Later in the game when he knows who a few of the aliens are. You can reason all you like. But when the aliens kill you next, you will realise you were wrong.

Skeleton

« Reply #267 on: August 18, 2011, 01:18:03 PM »
Your information isn't exactly reliable, you get 3 guesses a day, only 1 is true.  So how exactly would you know which ones are true and which are false?

Because if you ask carefully and cross-reference the people you ask about, you can build up a picture quite quickly. For example, if I got the following info:

Harutsedo is an alien
Particle Person is an alien
Thork is an alien

then it doesnt take a genius that when PP and Harutsedo got lynched and abducted, their labels as aliens must be false, leaving Thork as alien candidate (this is just an example, not a declaration that Thork is an alien).

Similarly, if I have the answer "Raist is the gun nut" on one day and "Raist is a villager" on another, I know at least one cannot be correct and that helps cross referencing the other answers. Its actually easier to put the pieces together than it first appears.

?

Thork

« Reply #268 on: August 18, 2011, 01:20:23 PM »
You will be dead before you can put the pieces together now. :(

Skeleton

« Reply #269 on: August 18, 2011, 01:22:53 PM »
The tin-foil hat should indeed reveal himself. Later in the game when he knows who a few of the aliens are. You can reason all you like. But when the aliens kill you next, you will realise you were wrong.

I vote to lynch Thork (4) even if youre innocent.
Andrew (2)
Marcus (1)

I think its up to the aliens to decide if they want to kill me - or is that you, Thork? Because your time for making decisions in this game has run out. Then when the MIB gets them lynched and the survivalist blows up their saucer I shall laugh and laugh and laugh.