About The planet

• 60 Replies
Re: About The planet
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2011, 09:27:35 PM »
That is not true. I have had helium balloons. They never caught fire.

Except if you bring a torch to it.

Things are worst with Neptune, as there is no "protective" matter around the so-called Neptune. Any incidental event could let it on fire immediately, it is obvious that due to all the events happening in the cosmos, such thing would already have happened with such an atmosphere.

No, the balloon would just pop.
In order for something to "ignite", an exothermic reaction must occur. What could hydrogen possible bond to? Helium? Nope, helium is inert. Oxygen? There is apparently very little oxygen.
Quote from: Tom Bishop
If you don't know, whenever you talk about it you're invoking the supernatural
Unknown != Magic.

?

Agnostic

• Sylvain P. - French Engineer & Flat Earth Theorist
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2011, 09:48:59 PM »
In order for something to "ignite", an exothermic reaction must occur. What could hydrogen possible bond to? Helium? Nope, helium is inert. Oxygen? There is apparently very little oxygen.

This is what I said.

Many events in the past would have ignited the planet.

The globularists saying that the sun is a ball of gas say that this ball of gas burns with hydrogen and helium. But that doesn't happen with Neptune?

Bullsh**
"The earth is flat indeed. Saying it is a sphere was the worst mistake of our modern science." 1893. Pr. Orlando Ferguson, Academy of Science

"The world is flat." 2005. Thomas Friedman

« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2011, 09:50:35 PM »

This is what I said.

Many events in the past would have ignited the planet.

The globularists saying that the sun is a ball of gas say that this ball of gas burns with hydrogen and helium. But that doesn't happen with Neptune?

Bullsh**

What would the hydrogen have reacted with?
Using the Sun as an argument is not valid. Combustion is not what makes the sun glow. It's fusion. (Or fission. I forget which).
Unknown != Magic.

?

Agnostic

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2011, 09:51:52 PM »
Using the Sun as an argument is not valid. Combustion is not what makes the sun glow. It's fusion. (Or fission. I forget which).

Of course that using the sun argument is not valid : the sun is a metallic sphere, smaller than earth, with fauna on it.

Nothing related to nuclear properties, otherwise we would be irradiated to death due to the very close distance of the sun with our planet.
"The earth is flat indeed. Saying it is a sphere was the worst mistake of our modern science." 1893. Pr. Orlando Ferguson, Academy of Science

« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2011, 09:53:03 PM »

Of course that using the sun argument is not valid : the sun is a metallic sphere, smaller than earth, with fauna on it.

Nothing related to nuclear properties, otherwise we would be irradiated to death due to the very close distance of the sun with our planet.

Unknown != Magic.

?

Agnostic

« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2011, 09:53:45 PM »

Nothing, as the Neptune story is a lie, there is no hydrogen, neither is there a planet.

« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2011, 09:55:09 PM »

Nothing, as the Neptune story is a lie, there is no hydrogen, neither is there a planet.

That's not a valid answer. You claimed a planet could not have mainly hydrogen and helium as an atmosphere because it would have burned up. You need to back that up.
Unknown != Magic.

?

Agnostic

« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2011, 09:56:39 PM »
That's not a valid answer. You claimed a planet could not have mainly hydrogen and helium as an atmosphere because it would have burned up. You need to back that up.

I have nothing to back up for a fairytale, sorry.

« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2011, 09:57:54 PM »

I have nothing to back up for a fairytale, sorry.

Then it would be helpful for you not to give fairy-tales as explanations. As it stands, it is possible for a planet to have mainly hydrogen and helium as an atmosphere.
Unknown != Magic.

« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2011, 10:11:22 PM »
I apologize; I figured that since the central question of this thread concerned the planets, not the planets and little blobs of blue light, that James was arguing that Neptune doesn't exist as a planet.  Neptune's historical origins suggest that he is indeed correct that if we assume the existence of a Conspiracy, the notion of Neptune as a planet may well be part of the hoax.

I took his post to mean that he didn't think it existed, because he said it didn't exist, but if what you take it as is the consensus, fine.

I have no idea if it is or not; I have not seen the consensus on this issue.  For all I know James may very well have been saying that Neptune just doesn't exist.  I believe my take is a bit more logical than that, of course.  But the apology wasn't facetious.

My post was. I apologise.
Unknown != Magic.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2011, 05:40:53 AM »
I saw a slight haze in the hotel bathroom this morning after I took a shower, have I discovered a new planet?
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

?

thefireproofmatch

• ಠ_ರೃ
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2011, 05:42:33 AM »
I saw a slight haze in the hotel bathroom this morning after I took a shower, have I discovered a new planet?
Irrelevant.

This is Neptune, through binoculars.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 05:48:50 AM by thefireproofmatch »
we're expected to throw up our hands and just BELIEVE.

maserati

• Flat Earth Supporter
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2011, 03:27:55 AM »
Irrelevant.

This is Neptune, through binoculars.

it doesnt matter to me about the planet...
maybe it's true that neptunus doesnt exist...

but i believe 100 % the earth is flat. the earth is static (doesnt move), and the sun is walking around the earth....

with logic and old testament = the earth is indeed flat

what i see is the earth is not moving....
When DOGMA is so deeply embedded, LOGIC, REALITY and FACTS are replaced by STUPIDITY, MYTH and outright LIES

?

Puttah

« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2011, 05:13:59 AM »
but i believe 100 % the earth is flat. the earth is static (doesnt move), and the sun is walking around the earth....

We don't care what you believe. You haven't studied science? Then your belief means nothing.
Scepti, this idiocy needs to stop and it needs to stop right now. You are making a mockery of this fine forum with your poor trolling. You are a complete disgrace.

maserati

• Flat Earth Supporter
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2011, 05:37:39 AM »

We don't care what you believe. You haven't studied science? Then your belief means nothing

sometime science is false religion...

if talk science, you could be dizzy for example with the theory gravity, there are some people it said exist and some peaple say it doesnt exist....

the holy book is never wrong (always right) because from the God...
jesus is not God, Allah is God...

i believe with the holybook (Quran and scripture)...

see and read scripture and Koran (Al-Quran) it said the earth is no shake, the earth is flat (Al-Kahfi verse 47 - Koran), the sun and the moon walking in their orbit encircle the earth

« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 05:42:39 AM by maserati »
When DOGMA is so deeply embedded, LOGIC, REALITY and FACTS are replaced by STUPIDITY, MYTH and outright LIES

?

Puttah

« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2011, 06:55:28 AM »
I've had enough debates against creationists throughout my life. A creationist's ignorance of scientific reasoning is directly due to your blinding faith.
By the way, does the Quran actually say the Earth is flat or did you just squeeze that meaning out of some verses?
Scepti, this idiocy needs to stop and it needs to stop right now. You are making a mockery of this fine forum with your poor trolling. You are a complete disgrace.

maserati

• Flat Earth Supporter
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2011, 08:34:52 AM »
I've had enough debates against creationists throughout my life. A creationist's ignorance of scientific reasoning is directly due to your blinding faith.
By the way, does the Quran actually say the Earth is flat or did you just squeeze that meaning out of some verses?

The Earth is Indeed Flat

See and Read verses In Koran - sometimes i'll show from scripture also
-------------------------------
The earth is Indeed Flat

Ar Rahman 10
It is He Who has spread out the earth for (His) creatures

Al Kahfi 47
One Day We shall remove the mountains, and thou wilt see the earth as a level stretch,

Ar Rad 3
And it is He who spread out the earth

Toha 53
He Who has, made for you the earth like a carpet spread out

Al Hijr 19
And the earth We have spread out (like a carpet); set thereon mountains firm and immovable

------------------

The Earth is not rotating or spinning

Al Fatir 41
It is Allah Who sustains the heavens and the earth, lest they cease (to function)

An Nahl 15
And He has set up on the earth mountains standing firm, lest it should shake with you; and rivers and roads; that ye may guide yourselves

Luqman 10
He created the heavens without any pillars that ye can see; He set on the earth mountains standing firm, lest it should shake with you

------------------
additional

Ar Rahman 33

O company of jinn and mankind, if you are able to pass beyond the regions of the heavens and the earth, then pass. You will not pass except by authority [from Allah ].

-------------------
The sun and the moon encircle around the earth

As syams 1-2
By the sun and its brightness, By the Moon as she follows him

Al Baqarah 258
Abraham said, "Indeed, Allah brings up the sun from the east, so bring it up from the west." So the disbeliever was overwhelmed [by astonishment], and Allah does not guide the wrongdoing people.

Al Anbiyaa 33
It is He Who created the Night and the Day, and the sun and the moon: all (the celestial bodies) swim along, each in its rounded course.

Yaasin 38 and 40
And the sun runs his course for a period determined for him. It is not permitted to the Sun to catch up the Moon, nor can the Night outstrip the Day: Each (just) swims along in (its own) orbit

Az Zumar 5
He created the heavens and earth in truth. He wraps the night over the day and wraps the day over the night and has subjected the sun and the moon, each running [its course] for a specified term.

---------------------
also with non musleem like orlando ferguson, robotoam, agnostic, atheist...also believe that the earth is flat
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 08:38:01 AM by maserati »

« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2011, 09:17:47 AM »
first Pluto, now Neptune isnt a planet either?

Why does Neptune get downgraded?

Is Uranus a planet?

We know Mercury, Venus and Mars are because we can see there phases.

What are Jupiter and Saturn?

?

Puttah

« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2011, 07:51:04 PM »
also with non musleem like orlando ferguson, robotoam, agnostic, atheist...also believe that the earth is flat

Those are but f few out of the thousands of credible scientists that think otherwise. And don't take the bible or Quran or any other scripture literally. I'm not religious myself, my parents turned me Christian at a young age but I quickly saw through its nonsense. Anyway, if religion makes you a better person, that's great! But other than that, don't use religion as a substitute for science, it will never match up.

Religion is the science for the feeble minded.

« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2011, 05:53:55 PM »
I apologize; I figured that since the central question of this thread concerned the planets, not the planets and little blobs of blue light, that James was arguing that Neptune doesn't exist as a planet.  Neptune's historical origins suggest that he is indeed correct that if we assume the existence of a Conspiracy, the notion of Neptune as a planet may well be part of the hoax.

Among other problems this requires a Conspiracy that predates NASA by over a hundred years.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2011, 06:29:35 PM »

Those are but f few out of the thousands of credible scientists that think otherwise. And don't take the bible or Quran or any other scripture literally. I'm not religious myself, my parents turned me Christian at a young age but I quickly saw through its nonsense. Anyway, if religion makes you a better person, that's great! But other than that, don't use religion as a substitute for science, it will never match up.

Puttah I feel like you are going to break soon. You will soon turn back to the religion of your parents. You will see some of the lies of science for what they are. It will be a big relief for your mind, God is going to bless you.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

?

thefireproofmatch

• ಠ_ರೃ
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2011, 06:32:08 PM »
hoppy is so funny.
we're expected to throw up our hands and just BELIEVE.

?

Puttah

« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2011, 11:26:19 PM »
Puttah I feel like you are going to break soon...
It will be a big relief for your mind
If by break you mean get hit in the head, then yes.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2011, 09:22:04 AM »
We don't care what you believe. You haven't studied science? Then your belief means nothing.

This is precisely the sort of fallacious scientific authoritarianism which the zetetic movement rejects. Exactly the same argument was used by authorities in the middle ages to corroborate the existence of witches. If you didn't believe in witches, but hadn't taken a course of Witch studies, your scepticism was considered worthless by men in power who were in fact utterly wrong, just as wrong as those powermongers who now pretend the Earth is a ball.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

maserati

• Flat Earth Supporter
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2011, 09:42:47 AM »

This is precisely the sort of fallacious scientific authoritarianism which the zetetic movement rejects. Exactly the same argument was used by authorities in the middle ages to corroborate the existence of witches. If you didn't believe in witches, but hadn't taken a course of Witch studies, your scepticism was considered worthless by men in power who were in fact utterly wrong, just as wrong as those powermongers who now pretend the Earth is a ball.

yes i belive in witches existence.
witches have been exist since pharaouh era.
actually conspiracy also doing satanist ritual. believe it or not...  ;D

if you atheist (doesnt believe for God existence) then you make happy the conspiracy and the conspiracy feels succeed to mislead human kind. because one of the conspiracys is eliminate religion.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2011, 10:02:18 AM »
I know that it is true that witches exist, I was just trying to think of a good example for a globularist witch-unbeliever such as Puttah. Since he does presumably not believe in witches, I thought it was a good way of example, but I did not mean it to express my own views, which are epistemically witch-rich and zetetic.

?

Puttah

« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2011, 10:16:08 AM »
If you didn't believe in witches, but hadn't taken a course of Witch studies, your scepticism was considered worthless by men in power who were in fact utterly wrong, just as wrong as those powermongers who now pretend the Earth is a ball.
I know that it is true that witches exist
You just made a claim, then a fellow FEer rejected that claim, and now you're defending yourself as though maserati misinterpreted what you said.
I'm guessing you're also in the FE bandwagon just because you want to support their beliefs as well. You quite clearly just want to be a part of the black sheep herd.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2011, 10:19:04 AM »
On the contrary, those who believe in witches in the current age go against the grain of contemporary understanding. I am an intellectual radical.

Lord Xenu

• ALL HAIL XENU!
« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2011, 10:20:45 AM »
If you didn't believe in witches, but hadn't taken a course of Witch studies, your scepticism was considered worthless by men in power who were in fact utterly wrong, just as wrong as those powermongers who now pretend the Earth is a ball.
I know that it is true that witches exist
You just made a claim, then a fellow FEer rejected that claim, and now you're defending yourself as though maserati misinterpreted what you said.
I'm guessing you're also in the FE bandwagon just because you want to support their beliefs as well. You quite clearly just want to be a part of the black sheep herd.
I saw it merely as an adaptation of the common figure of speech, "witch hunt", which is relevant in context even though James's beliefs do indeed feature said occultists.

?

Puttah

« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2011, 10:25:16 AM »
On the contrary, those who believe in witches in the current age go against the grain of contemporary understanding. I am a crackpot
fix'd

Please don't get me started on witches. An FE'er is just becoming a term to describe someone that likes to debate for every possibly absurd theory that can exist. I shall dub the term "Devil's Advocate".