Are all pilots in on the secret?

• 41 Replies
Re: Are all pilots in on the secret?
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2011, 04:42:44 PM »
how is stating that there are 2 hemispheres a matter of political correctness?  its just a fact.  i didnt mean to belittle your or anything just thought that u meant there was 1 hemisphere or something based on some form of FET

?

Nolhekh

• Animator
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2011, 05:09:11 PM »
how is stating that there are 2 hemispheres a matter of political correctness?  its just a fact.  i didnt mean to belittle your or anything just thought that u meant there was 1 hemisphere or something based on some form of FET
Nope.  I was describing a Round Earth, and accidentally excluded a hemisphere, due to the nature of how I think.  The "political correctness" thing was an attempt at humour.

berny_74

• The IceWall! Beat that
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2011, 05:17:10 PM »
Nope.  I was describing a Round Earth, and accidentally excluded a hemisphere, due to the nature of how I think.  The "political correctness" thing was an attempt at humour.

True - although most FE'ers tend to ignore the happenings south of the equator.  At least only one I know of described Equator dwelling nations as spear-chucking, loin cloth wearing, zebra hunting, smellies.

Berny
Is truly hoping that that particular member is the only one.
To be fair, sometimes what FE'ers say makes so little sense that it's hard to come up with a rebuttal.
Moonlight is good for you.

Vindictus

• insightful personal text
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2011, 05:22:30 PM »
There's no Zebras in Australia, but I'm sure most northerners fit into the other categories.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2011, 09:22:08 PM »
but if u r @ like 5 inches frum teh norf poll den walk a cercle u go arund in a crckle on th earht, so fet

Cut out the low content posts, A&A.  This will be your only warning.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

?

Around And About

• Circular Logic Falls Flat
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2011, 10:16:31 PM »
Yes, my Master, I meant no offense with that bullshit.
I'm not black nor a thug, I'm more like god who will bring 7 plagues of flat earth upon your ass.

PizzaPlanet

• Now available in stereo
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2011, 01:19:47 AM »
that doesn't make any sense.  to travel east or west using that model one would have to continually adjust their direction or they would begin veering south.  using a RE model one can EASILY explain circumnavigation without any strange theories.
In either model, traveling east/west is traveling in circles. How is one circle more or less strange than the other?
hacking your precious forum as we speak 8) 8) 8)

?

Theodolite

• NASA's Chief Surveyor
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2011, 11:54:25 PM »
Pilots dont experience anything that would distinguish a flat earth from a curved earth.  They simply program in their destination and follow their instruments.  Their planes are always level in regard to the center of the earth, so the horizon will always look the same.

The biggest noticeable difference is the fact that they would be able to see the surface at much further distances if the earth was flat.
Gather round my gentle sheep, I have a wonderful spherical story for you

« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2011, 01:50:47 PM »
Pilots dont experience anything that would distinguish a flat earth from a curved earth.  They simply program in their destination and follow their instruments.  Their planes are always level in regard to the center of the earth, so the horizon will always look the same.

The biggest noticeable difference is the fact that they would be able to see the surface at much further distances if the earth was flat.

Wrong on a curved earth planes are always uplifting to overcome the circle of the earth but a flat earth this doesn't happen.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2011, 07:33:24 PM »

Wrong on a curved earth planes are always uplifting to overcome the circle of the earth but a flat earth this doesn't happen.

Irrelevant on the first point, wrong on the second.  All in all about as successful as most noobs around here.

Actually you're wrong on the first point too, now that I read it again.  They are "uplifting" to overcome gravity, not the curvature of the Earth (which I'm sure if you give some thought you will see is nonsensical).
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 07:36:39 PM by Roundy the Truthinessist »
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2011, 05:12:35 AM »
So all the airlines unknowingly take the long route?
Ice wall ninja

?

momentia

• Light abhors a straight line.
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2011, 07:45:12 AM »
So all the airlines unknowingly take the long route?

in a nutshell, FEer's want you to believe that the airlines takes longer routes to make longer routes seem shorter.