Why is an icewall necessary

• 135 Replies

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
Re: Why is an icewall necessary
« Reply #120 on: September 15, 2011, 09:24:26 AM »
If you pour out the egg from its shell before boiling, you can make it flat.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

?

Thork

« Reply #121 on: September 15, 2011, 09:25:13 AM »
Out of interest, why would you do that?

« Reply #122 on: September 15, 2011, 09:45:42 AM »
If you pour out the egg from its shell before boiling, you can make it flat.

If you did that, you would just end up with a poached egg, which is more a round, blobby shape. Not flat.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #123 on: September 15, 2011, 11:56:54 AM »
Do you have any evidence to support your outlandish claims?
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #124 on: September 15, 2011, 02:56:00 PM »
Do you have any evidence to support your outlandish claims?

Now, can we get back on topic?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 02:58:01 PM by markjo »
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

trig

« Reply #125 on: September 16, 2011, 12:30:12 AM »
Why is it hard to say that everything in the Universe is flat? Look around you, tables are flat, leaves are flat, boiled eggs are flat, even the very atoms you are made of are flat. It is not outrageous to suspect that the Earth is the same way.
Who told you that atoms are flat? It seems that nobody cared to explain some quantum physics to you, so I will give you a hint: when your sixth grade teacher painted electrons as little balls, he/she was not being literal.

Google Heisenberg, just for fun.

You were really thinking about the conspiracist idea of solar system when you came up with the notion of flat atoms. But the solar system is also mostly like your poached egg: a huge round ball in the middle and an almost negligible flat area of tiny rubble around it. You could say that the solar system is 99% one big ball of incandescent gas.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #126 on: September 24, 2011, 08:46:35 AM »
Atoms, like the Earth itself, are flat. I challenge any globularist to provide reasons for me to suspect otherwise.

?

Puttah

« Reply #127 on: September 24, 2011, 10:30:33 AM »
Atoms, like the Earth itself, are flat. I challenge any globularist to provide reasons for me to suspect otherwise.
Do you mean flat in the 2-dimensional sense, or flat like your flat Earth such that it's a cylinder?
Scepti, this idiocy needs to stop and it needs to stop right now. You are making a mockery of this fine forum with your poor trolling. You are a complete disgrace.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #128 on: September 24, 2011, 10:40:34 AM »

I'm not a globularist, but I am bored, so sure. Atoms are made of protons neutrons, and electrons, but the electrons are what make the shape, because they are on the outside. Electron orbitals, when put together, look like a sphere. Ergo facto, atoms are shaped much like how RE'ers think our beautiful disk is.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #129 on: September 24, 2011, 10:54:49 AM »

I'm not a globularist, but I am bored, so sure. Atoms are made of protons neutrons, and electrons, but the electrons are what make the shape, because they are on the outside. Electron orbitals, when put together, look like a sphere. Ergo facto, atoms are shaped much like how RE'ers think our beautiful disk is.

But no one can prove this.  There has yet to be a microscope invented that can see an electron, let alone the orbit it travels around the nucleus.  We see the affects of the electron and therefore infer what it is doing, but can not see it.  Even an electron microscope can not see an electron.

Wait, who's side am I arguing for?

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #130 on: September 24, 2011, 10:56:20 AM »

But no one can prove this.  There has yet to be a microscope invented that can see an electron, let alone the orbit it travels around the nucleus.  We see the affects of the electron and therefore infer what it is doing, but can not see it.  Even an electron microscope can not see an electron.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=the-shape-of-atoms

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #131 on: September 24, 2011, 11:25:33 AM »

And you believe those lying, conspiracy monger scientists?  They are only in it for the money, and the more nonsense they put into your heads, the more money NASA makes.  Why would they tell you the truth about the shape of an atom?  It is really flat.  They are just pumping your head full of obsolete information, in the name of science, and you just follow along like a sheep being led to pasture.

Oh, wait, which side am I arguing against again?

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #132 on: September 24, 2011, 01:05:41 PM »

And you believe those lying, conspiracy monger scientists?  They are only in it for the money, and the more nonsense they put into your heads, the more money NASA makes.  Why would they tell you the truth about the shape of an atom?  It is really flat.  They are just pumping your head full of obsolete information, in the name of science, and you just follow along like a sheep being led to pasture.

Oh, wait, which side am I arguing against again?

Atoms have nothing to do with the flatitude of our Earth, unless you subscribe to the idea that the Earth is a giant crystal, but even that it would be the molecular structure that mattered.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #133 on: September 24, 2011, 02:09:01 PM »
I think you fail to see the satire in my last post.  A round earther arguing in favor of a flat atom using flat earther arguments.  I thought it was clear.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #134 on: September 24, 2011, 02:16:26 PM »
I think you fail to see the satire in my last post.  A round earther arguing in favor of a flat atom using flat earther arguments.  I thought it was clear.

It was. I was playing along.

?

trig

« Reply #135 on: September 26, 2011, 09:54:21 AM »
So, you were too lazy to google Heisenberg and his Principle of Uncertainty. You were met, anyway, in your challenge by Tausami, who found this very interesting article: http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=the-shape-of-atoms. Like always, you have an impressively bold claim supported just by your superiority complex.

For those who do not know, Heisenberg showed that we cannot, among other things, locate the electrons of an atom precisely. If we find out where they are at one given moment, we cannot know their energy. So even if we had the equipment to find the electron precisely, we would not know what orbit (if any) it makes around the atom. Or we can know the energy precisely, but all information on its position is lost.