Question

• 23 Replies
Question
« on: December 21, 2011, 08:21:06 PM »
First post. So this is a picture of earth taken from an Apollo mission.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/97/The_Earth_seen_from_Apollo_17.jpg

It looks a bit too vertical to be a flat earth though? I know most of you will say its the disc front on, but if so, why doesn't it match up to any of your FE maps? And how can you explain that not all the country's are shown in this photo?

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
Re: Question
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 08:27:58 PM »
Welcome.  Please read the FAQ.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

Rushy

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 08:35:14 PM »
All photos are fake. NASA lies to you. Satellites don't exist. GPS is ground-based towers. Only ten people on the whole planet made all this happen.

The conspiracy in a nutshell.

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 08:50:07 PM »
Ah right, how silly of me to think otherwise

Rushy

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 08:52:45 PM »
Well congratulations, you passed the test. Turns out you don't have paranoid schizophrenia. You can go home now.

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2011, 06:01:34 AM »
there is no NASA conspiracy.
most pictures from space show a giant disc.
the curvature is an optical illusion easily recreated using models.

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2011, 07:33:38 AM »
I'm glad we agree on the NASA conspiracy, but If it is showing a giant disc, can you please explain to me why the country's are different from this picture to your FE map?

?

Hazbollah

• Flat Earth Editor
  • Earth Shape Apathetic.
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2011, 07:34:56 AM »
I'm glad we agree on the NASA conspiracy, but If it is showing a giant disc, can you please explain to me why the country's are different from this picture to your FE map?
No, the countries are the same. They all exist in both theories.
Always check your tackle- Caerphilly school of Health. If I see an innuendo in my post, I'll be sure to whip it out.

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2011, 08:07:20 AM »
No shit, but according to iwantobelieve there is no NASA conspiracy? Which gives them no reason to photoshop anything.. I was just after an explaination as to why the continents are in different places than to your map

Rushy

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2011, 08:12:16 AM »
The continents are not in different places on a flat earth. The non-conspiracy FET shows that you can only see a portion of the disc earth at any given time. Why you can not see the night areas lit up by artificial lights in these photos has yet to be explained (Or why you can't see the daylight area when taking night photos of the earth).

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2011, 08:29:02 AM »
Well it's quite clear you can see Africa on the photo of the earth and on flat earth map right? I just don't understand how they can be in a totally different area to each other on the globe/disc? You say you can only see a portion of the earth at a time, Yet Africa is visible in both, but different areas?

?

Hazbollah

• Flat Earth Editor
  • Earth Shape Apathetic.
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2011, 12:16:12 PM »
I don't see your point. The FE map in the FAQ is not equivalent to an RET picture of the earth, if that's what you seem to be implying. And the reason they may seem to be in different places is that the map in the FAQ is simply a globe arrayed as a disc.
Always check your tackle- Caerphilly school of Health. If I see an innuendo in my post, I'll be sure to whip it out.

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2011, 02:20:39 PM »
So there isn't 1 accurate flat earth map?

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2011, 03:32:36 PM »
It's worse. There's no hope on their budget to ever have an accurate FE map.
Keep it serious, Thork. You can troll, but don't be so open. We have standards

?

Hazbollah

• Flat Earth Editor
  • Earth Shape Apathetic.
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2011, 04:02:02 PM »
Being brutally honest, as of yet there is no FE map as detailed or precise as RET can offer. However, the main reason for this is a lack of funds or indeed organisation. The society is currently a headless beast, with its president and both administrators inactive.

« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2011, 04:52:04 PM »
If they can take a photo of an accurate round earth, why doesn't it show this so called infinite plane everyone speaks of?

?

Mizuki

• Earth is NOT a Globe
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2011, 05:32:18 PM »
If they can take a photo of an accurate round earth, why doesn't it show this so called infinite plane everyone speaks of?

As someone who has been looking for evidence of what you call 'an accurate round earth', i can honestly say that i haven't found it yet.

I remain open-minded.

Mizuki x
"Earth is a maximal sphere in a cyclical space and its surface therefore a total plane, the equator plane of the Cosmos. The (total) plane, as well as the straight line and space as a whole, is flat, without curvature yet closed, running back on itself."

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2011, 06:57:49 PM »

As someone who has been looking for evidence of what you call 'an accurate round earth', i can honestly say that i haven't found it yet.

I remain open-minded.

Mizuki x
Have you read the two sources that I recommended:
1) http://www.arvindguptatoys.com/arvindgupta/earthpix.pdf
2) http://www.amazon.com/Briefer-History-Time-Stephen-Hawking/dp/0553804367?
Keep it serious, Thork. You can troll, but don't be so open. We have standards

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2011, 08:01:39 PM »
I hardly think those sketches are equivalent to a photo of earth. I just don't see of they can take photos of earth but it doesn't show what you all claim?

?

Hazbollah

• Flat Earth Editor
  • Earth Shape Apathetic.
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2011, 04:58:28 AM »
I hardly think those sketches are equivalent to a photo of earth. I just don't see of they can take photos of earth but it doesn't show what you all claim?
You answered your own question in this very thread.

« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2011, 01:40:21 PM »
I wish i hadnt registered now.

Your worse than fundementalist american christians.

?

Silverdane

• Deutschland Double Heil!! @_@//
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2011, 08:25:52 PM »
First post. So this is a picture of earth taken from an Apollo mission.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/97/The_Earth_seen_from_Apollo_17.jpg

It looks a bit too vertical to be a flat earth though? I know most of you will say its the disc front on, but if so, why doesn't it match up to any of your FE maps? And how can you explain that not all the country's are shown in this photo?

Dear Cretin.

Oh, apologies ... Dear Royal Cretin:

If I take a photo of you, and blacken out half of your face ... do you only have half a face?

Can you explain, how you can survive with only half a head?

Can you even name any flat objects? Do you even know what "Flat" is?

You sound very "sheltered" (but not in an insane asylum from where you escaped), so I have to ask.

How can you join a Flat Earth forum and not even have the basic understand of what Flat ... MEANS ?!?!

Making me pop a vein in head, is not the best way to suck up to me. BAD BAD BAD !!
We shall have a magnificent orgy garden party & you're not invited

?

Silverdane

• Deutschland Double Heil!! @_@//
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2011, 08:30:33 PM »
I wish i hadnt registered now.

Your worse than fundementalist american christians.

Actually aren't they against FET?

I've been hearing a lot of their opinions on Yahoo Answers. And I don't think even one of them believed in a flat earth.

Naaaah, Colonials Can't be Christians !!

Christianity was never a Colonial Religion, you little historically inept saru bobo !!

Christians can't "colonise", since Jesus Christ didn't conquer the World, and convert anyone like that, or demand taxes, and so forth.

So whatever they are, Christians .... not one of it.

I agree though, American Fundies are the worst. And they're called "Atheist" by the rest of the Civilised world.

I won't even go to town against the Pagans. That's how unspeakable they are, in the Wild Wild West. Yeesh !!
We shall have a magnificent orgy garden party & you're not invited

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2011, 12:09:33 AM »
Surviving with no head is completely off the subject.. I do know what flat means? How could you assume I have no understanding of what flat means? Was that a serious post?