Results of my study

• 271 Replies

gotham

• Planar Moderator
Re: Results of my study
« Reply #90 on: February 26, 2011, 01:18:25 PM »
I agree brother bullhorn. Tracing the history and progeny of animals can expose unknown truths. I do look forward to your future postings on this.

I also find other posts here in your study quite interesting.  I have for some time been able to meditate to a very deep level and have expanded my abilities while ranging deeper and deeper into thought.  

Before changing majors in college I was pursuing a degree in psychology and was taking classes at the master's degree level.  It was at that juncture that I parted ways with that career which is a journey of discovery I can elaborate on at another time. Suffice it to say that the conflict between a poet and an in-training psychologist did not work for me.  Something had to give and the poet won out only to have that usurped once I turned in another direction.  

I did, however, obtain a level of personal understanding through the psychology coursework that didn't hurt when it came time to understanding certain aspects of the mind.

I have been exploring the subconscious mind for quite some time and it does take deep meditation to arrive at that destination.  The realm of the subconscious that is so potent yet subtle that it will generally influence our thinking and decision making without us being aware of it.

Although they can not be directly corralled and held for specific attention, I have found that establishing an awareness of specific aspects of the subconscious mind and identifying problems within it, one can actually address issues within to an appreciable extent.

This I believe has a direct impact on wisdom. The subconscious mind has the capacity of long term ramification and is directly transformed into wisdom so an intercession into the subconscious mind, albeit from the perspective of awareness, can still provide a tangible platform from which to provide a positive change in people once issues have been identified and mitigated.

I look forward to your further studies.  

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #91 on: March 11, 2011, 11:35:45 PM »
Solid Bay

Who is it whom slumber is to be upheld. 
When does one know when it is time of the night.  Pain away less not known to those who but have none. 
Past the hand the strikes the sky.
That punches the black forever.
There is less now upon the mat where it stays.
Feel the churn and the flow of the night and of the day.
I can hope less not that it will be forever said to the night
and the past.  Count not the sheep over yonder head.
For when do the sound of sheep sleep
If not alone in the Solid Bay

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #92 on: March 30, 2011, 06:10:22 PM »
Truth In The Southern Flute

Bright is less the sun as it sails thought the night
Clouded
Brought before the Truth less not none is known
However much it is spoken
Dawn Clash upon its back

Is a fool less not the enemy of ones own thoughts.

Many years has the wise man pondered the sky he holds in his life.

I write songs of the night, played upon a fire of truth.

But where is truth and honesty to be sought if not from the fires of ones own heart.

Let us play the Flute.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 06:12:38 PM by bullhorn »

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #93 on: March 31, 2011, 09:12:11 AM »
This is what music I listen to when I am reading the study. It is the flute songs of my friend Raa.

This flute bringeth rightly sweet mindfulness of every true thing to me, it is tune fall all at once, the truth is delivered very quickly on the lilting wind and breeze which arrives at mine ear's door, a welcome guest like an old friend. There is always dinner at the door for a man who can play the flute, because it washes away all that is deceiving.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #94 on: March 31, 2011, 09:12:28 AM »

"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

gotham

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #95 on: April 01, 2011, 05:03:52 PM »
I have found "Truth In The Southern Flute" very enjoyable reading and is appreciated.

I had the opportunity to have a flute custom made from a plank of wood from a 100 year old bridge that was being replaced.  The bridge spanned a little countryside brook and was made of western cedar. Most of the wood was quite dilapidated but there were a few exceptional cedar boards available and I was one of the lucky ones at the right place at the right time to secure one.

I had this made from that plank.

The picture doesn't do it justice but I outsourced to several artisans who hand carved, hand painted and hand beaded the flute and details. (yes, that is a carved turtle on the top).

It took six months of waiting but was worth it because the tone of the music it emits is quietly magnificent. Very serene and calming like the influence of the gentle flowing waters of the brook that surrounded it for so long.

"Let us play the Flute"

Thanks again!

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #96 on: April 01, 2011, 06:46:49 PM »
I will likely be composing a small piece inspired by our terra firma and will likely incorporate flutes like yours.  I only wish my handmade flute (which appears much like yours) from Indonesia was not destroyed in an accident.

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #97 on: April 01, 2011, 09:43:19 PM »
Thank you Brother James for speaking about the Flute, Raa Plays beautiful music. Brother Gotham and Brother John for your insights on the working of the Flute.  The Flute is a beautiful instrument, and hearing it fills glee to my heart,
The dames enjoy thee as it is played to lasses ear.

I am reminded of the old adage, where it is said that the sculpture did not create the bust, but the bust was there all along, covered in marble.  I believe fruitfully the Flute was destined for your life from the moment the tree was conceived.  

In my life I have rid myself off all but few of my earthly possessions, enough so I can carry all I own upon my back.  I find joy in the sound of the earth, the company of my thoughts and the dreaming lull of a Flute.

I am inspired each and every time I gaze upon an earthly man. One who has but no home.  Who carries all he owns upon his back.  I admire the man who can gather his food from the gutter and feed himself.  I can only hope to reach that plateau in my life.  Owning nothing but the sack that he lays upon his back.  Playing his craft the Flute on the curb of a passing street.

O hear him play
O hear him dance
All for the credit of coin and chance
O see the beauty of the way
His beard
Swaying in the Breeze
Like a feather in the wind
A cup for donations
Empty as the passing hearts
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 09:49:44 PM by bullhorn »

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #98 on: April 04, 2011, 04:18:36 AM »

He does an excellent version of Coltrane's 'Giant Steps' too.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #99 on: April 15, 2011, 10:13:58 PM »
Music, The Canvas Of A Cave

Is life worth its ponder with not but the guide of music.  Man, through his beginning has had but one common need and desire.  Music has shaped his weight upon the world in which he roams.  Science itself and its firm knowledge and quest for truth, has, in itself thrown passion before discovery. Its passion is music, and its past love is from and always shall be the past.

An esteemed warrior for truth, Legor Reznikoff, who teaches at the University Of Paris has been a firm believer and fan of music of Cavemen.  Past men who lived in caves, who were breeding in the caves and cooked on an open pit in the caves.  Were the first musical artists of the world.  Mr. Rezinkoff understood this and for the entirety of his career was a student to its works.  

Ancient musical artists would for example refer to paintings on the wall and sing to them.  For instance on looking at a Bison, they would produce verbal sounds in the form of crude music.

I have been researching Rezinkoff's work, and have deduced a poem that may have been sung.  This is highly exact and is what Cavemen hundreds of years were singing of.

O Great Bison
Your Hoofs Are Grand As Fire
O Great Bison
The Way You Are
O Great Bison
What Soft Fur You Have

This was a possible song sung thousands of years ago, based upon empirical observations of the mammal today and through historical art upon the walls of the cave.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 10:16:16 PM by bullhorn »

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #100 on: April 16, 2011, 04:51:45 PM »
In times of old, the bright and sensible cave man wandered free, to know the secrets of the universe in privy from the prying minds of deception.
These were the days when a caveman looked toward the Sun in the day, and saw how it moved across the sky,
a voyaging planet of a chariot on the roadways of the dome of the skies. At night he slept away in a cave, amidst the warm fires and the furs of beasts which he had met as he wandered in the trees.

In the hustle bustle of our tedium, of the modern day behaviour, as we shuffle all about the place without due thought,
verily there is much wisdom for us to learn from the noble man of cave.

gotham

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #101 on: April 19, 2011, 03:15:24 PM »
Brother bullhorn, you do impress with the poetry and research you share. 

I have been looking into the caveman study by Legor Reznikoff since reading your post.  It is a most interesting read.

The Bison poem does capture the caveman's impressionable moment. To imagine what it was like to come across a new cave and explore it using the senses and using music as a tool of exploration and artistic focus does fill a person with wonder. 

I now commence the task of locating a similar instrument to one they may have played in their hours of searching and artistic endeavour.

I do see that a bone flute was one of the preferred instruments.  One made from the griffon vulture, in particular, was a favorite. If that becomes difficult to obtain then a flute carved from another animal existent at the time will suffice. To attempt recreating the mood in the cave using what they would have played will be quite inspiring.

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #102 on: April 19, 2011, 10:05:06 PM »
Brother Gotham and Brother James. I have thought long about your wise words. 

I look forward to your work on music Gotham

I myself can only dream of living in a cave, not being born in that time, is a shame, but none the less we can study the ways of the cave man, and, live our lifes in his ways.

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #103 on: April 21, 2011, 01:26:40 PM »
Over the past few days, I have been examining whether it is worth my time to post in these forums.  I have come here for discussion about flat earth theory, but from what I can tell, it is an avenue for some to spread their homophobic and bigoted remarks.

I hope that this forum, does not tolerate, nor condone this type of discussion.

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #104 on: April 21, 2011, 09:08:35 PM »

I will most likely not be posting to this site any more. Having been here for over six years, it ends today.

For those of you I respect, I wish you the best of luck, nothing against Sadam, he is a good person.  I take back what I have said.

Best of luck to the Brothers here.

Bull

« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 09:11:16 PM by bullhorn »

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #105 on: April 22, 2011, 06:30:30 AM »
Brother Bullhorn, I sincerely hope you will stay. As stated in the forum rules, hate speech is not permitted here. You should note that the thread you saw is well over two years old, and was intended as a protest against the way we enforce the rules. This issue has since been largely resolved, and the rule against hate speech continues to be enforced.

I genuinely hope you will reconsider your decision to leave.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

gotham

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #106 on: April 22, 2011, 01:33:42 PM »
Brother bullhorn,  I am very sorry to read your post.

Gutta cavat lapidem, non vi sed saepe cadendo

We are in this together and can only gain by those that take the time to post such well thought out responses as you provide.

Your contributions have influenced me and I am sure others to research further and study harder to affirm what we know to be true.  

Do please reconsider your decision and continue your research and site posting.

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #107 on: April 22, 2011, 05:35:53 PM »
I should explain myself over the stress of my work.  Over the past few weeks, I have been under pressure from the University.  I have been away from the classroom for several months, having trying to secure funding for my research.  I have been encouraged to and almost forced to teach a full class load.  I have been having difficulty with the students and their disrespectful attitudes towards philosophy.

I am not one to retract things that I have said, and I do not intend to.  There is however the matter of the still not settled of the Earth not being flat.  I said that I most likely will not post going forward, and I may continue, but I will have to examine the ways that the study has been going, and if I post to it, indeed do deeper research and understanding.

The moderators have done a great job with this site, and I would hope they will continue to do as they have been doing.  There is nothing worse than someone questioning their work.  If I have done so I do sincerely apologise. 

The truth is more important that my views on tolerance, and I can not in retrospect allow one persons belief or posts to believe that the whole site is tainted. 

The truth will continue as will the study, they shall be less frequent but they will be more detailed.  I encourage the other brothers to add to it and help its continuation.

I would like to apologise to those I have disrespected and again to Sadam, I am sorry for my overreaction.

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #108 on: April 22, 2011, 05:37:59 PM »
Thank you Wilmore and Gotham,  your support is greatly appreciated.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #109 on: April 23, 2011, 03:41:38 AM »
I should mention at this juncture that Bullhorn's study, should I see it having new material, is always the first thing I read before looking at the other new posts. It is wise and prepares my mind for the rigours of zetetic debate. I am over joyed that the study shall continue.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #110 on: April 23, 2011, 09:06:53 AM »
I agree 100%.  It would be a shame to lose you

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #111 on: May 19, 2011, 09:32:06 PM »
The Fall Of The Oil Lamp

It is, with grand concern that I talk of an issue that has been troubling me over the past few months, it is, most important that the reason for this come fourth and we look to the future in out questioning.  The great philosophers of the past centuries have had one thing in common.  They have used in their studies
Oil Lamps. 

When I speak of Lamps, I do not speak of the battery or electric wall powered lamps. I speak of lamps that have brought the greatest discoveries and have nurtured the great scientists and readers of the past thousand upon thousands of years.  The greatest minds of out past have lived under these beautiful sculptures.  It is with the disgust of modern technology, that we as a people have produced no philosopher or mind with any great stature.

What we have are but the broth of the birth. We have young that are growing up, not under that of an oil lamp, but under the first pulse of electric lighting, students and studiers are not under the tutelage or Oil. But under the glow of a electric vermin. 

Life was simple before the time of the processors.  My office is sparse, empty, but true to the passions of the past.  True to the life of the old.  I hold myself to the standard of the past men and teachers of the art of knowing.

?

17 November

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #112 on: May 20, 2011, 07:51:15 AM »
I use a simple lamp consisting of a wick floating on olive oil to illuminate an icon of Jesus Christ, and I've been using those Dietz lanterns for light to read at night for many years now.  I have noticed that you can get by using diesel instead of lamp oil, but don't use gasoline in an oil lamp because the thing becomes a Molotov cocktail. 

gotham

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #113 on: May 22, 2011, 01:02:06 PM »
I find "The Fall Of The Oil Lamp" meaningful and inspiring.  I have located one in my home and have noticed that it has been in disuse, until now.  I am bringing it back to life and will use it as it was intended.    

?

17 November

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #114 on: May 22, 2011, 07:54:45 PM »
Since the old nineteenth century Dietz lantern company relocated to China, Kirkman Lanterns is their principle agent in the United States.
http://www.lanternnet.com/

Candles complement oil lamps, and they are safe when burned within an enclosed lantern.

James Townsend is a supplier from whom I have bought candles in the past.
http://jas-townsend.com/index.php?cPath=28&osCsid=c7af737fd0f9c18643daf45ba640c7c9
Making Candles
http://jas-townsend.com/index.php?cPath=30

When I moved to the country and began farming, I rented a non-electric shack for $100 a month for which I bought a wood burning stove which I used for heat and occasional cooking for four years.  (I have since downgraded to a tent!) 

The two principle suppliers of non-electric housewares in the United States are:

Cumberland General Store (an Appalachian supplier in business since 1885):
http://www.cumberlandgeneral.com/

and their competitor:

Lehmans's Non-Electric Catalog (Amish supplier from Ohio)
http://www.lehmans.com/

Some of the items in both of these catalogs may be overpriced compared to the same items available in local harwares, but the catalogs list many things which many people think are no longer available and gives outstanding practical and alternative ideas to get off the electric grid.  I found these catalogs useful standards from which to get ideas and look for the items which I wanted at lower price elsewhere.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 07:56:27 PM by 17 November »

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #115 on: May 27, 2011, 06:39:26 PM »
The Fall Of The Oil Lamp

It is, with grand concern that I talk of an issue that has been troubling me over the past few months, it is, most important that the reason for this come fourth and we look to the future in out questioning.  The great philosophers of the past centuries have had one thing in common.  They have used in their studies
Oil Lamps. 

When I speak of Lamps, I do not speak of the battery or electric wall powered lamps. I speak of lamps that have brought the greatest discoveries and have nurtured the great scientists and readers of the past thousand upon thousands of years.  The greatest minds of out past have lived under these beautiful sculptures.  It is with the disgust of modern technology, that we as a people have produced no philosopher or mind with any great stature.

What we have are but the broth of the birth. We have young that are growing up, not under that of an oil lamp, but under the first pulse of electric lighting, students and studiers are not under the tutelage or Oil. But under the glow of a electric vermin. 

Life was simple before the time of the processors.  My office is sparse, empty, but true to the passions of the past.  True to the life of the old.  I hold myself to the standard of the past men and teachers of the art of knowing.

Brother Bullhorn, you are an example to us all. The practise of Zetetic philosophy is at least as important as theorising.

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #116 on: July 05, 2011, 09:16:38 PM »
I have been busy at the univercity but as classes have finished, I will be attending the needs of the study.

gotham

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #117 on: July 07, 2011, 03:03:15 PM »
What great news it is to hear that the study is continuing.  Very kind of you to let us know that the wait for an update is almost over.   

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #118 on: August 26, 2011, 08:33:10 PM »
Interstellar Travel and Multi-Generation Space Ships
Yoshi Kondo

Brothers,

Over the past few months I have been reading this book.  In the upcoming days I will be providing a detailed examination of this work.

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #119 on: August 26, 2011, 08:39:59 PM »
In addition the 5 year birthday of the study will be happening shortly.  I will be reminiscing its stature soon.