Why can't I see everest.

• 5 Replies
?

11cookeaw1

Why can't I see everest.
« on: June 20, 2011, 04:58:22 AM »
In FE, the maximum distance something is visible should increase linearly with distance, because according to Rowbotham you can't see objects as they get further because they become to small. In round earth theory the distance is proportional to the square root of the height... so according to FE mount everest should be visible for thousands and thousands of kilometers.

Re: Why can't I see everest.
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 05:04:12 AM »
in b4 atmospheric distortion/blurryness or whatever

?

Around And About

• Circular Logic Falls Flat
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 06:09:11 PM »

...any other questions?
I'm not black nor a thug, I'm more like god who will bring 7 plagues of flat earth upon your ass.

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 12:08:18 AM »
in b4 atmospheric distortion/blurryness or whatever

Round earthers and flat earthers alike can agree that atmospheric distortion/blurryness or whatever is quite real.

?

Mr Pseudonym

• Official Member
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 12:10:19 AM »
or whatever
You mean land topography? Why does no one consider this?
Why do we fall back to earth? Because our weight pushes us down, no laws, no gravity pulling us. It is the law of intelligence.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 04:30:02 AM »
In FE, the maximum distance something is visible should increase linearly with distance, because according to Rowbotham you can't see objects as they get further because they become to small. In round earth theory the distance is proportional to the square root of the height... so according to FE mount everest should be visible for thousands and thousands of kilometers.

There are a couple of reasons. First of all, due to atmoplanar distortion, it will fade. Second, it is a well known phenomenon that objects appear smaller when farther away. Thus, it can be hidden behind things.