Duke Nukem Forever

• 21 Replies

Johannes

• Flat Earth Editor
Duke Nukem Forever
« on: June 14, 2011, 12:51:20 AM »
Anyone else getting this game?

I preordered it for Onlive, can't wait to play it.

Hail to the king, baby.

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
Re: Duke Nukem Forever
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 12:53:24 AM »
Can't wait to play two weapon limit regen health linear levels game either.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 06:35:45 AM by Blanko »

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 05:31:55 AM »

Lorddave

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 05:49:34 AM »
I'm too poor to buy it. :(
I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 07:06:07 AM »
I'll just download it. Shit's going to be disappointing anyway.

berny_74

• The IceWall! Beat that
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 10:24:37 AM »

I'm too poor to buy a new pc that can play it even though I can afford it.

Berny
Hey Parsifal - the have free opensource software - why can't they have free opensource hardware?

To be fair, sometimes what FE'ers say makes so little sense that it's hard to come up with a rebuttal.
Moonlight is good for you.

Lorddave

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 01:38:56 PM »

Berny
Hey Parsifal - the have free opensource software - why can't they have free opensource hardware?
I bought my PC like 3 years ago.  I spent the extra to make it powerful enough to get me through several years.
I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Johannes

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 08:23:50 PM »

Berny

Onlive.com

You can play the most demanding games without having a powerful PC, it is the power of the Cloud. I am playing Duke Nukem Forever with Onlive and I can attest that the performance is amazing.

Ocius

• Official Member
  • Space President
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 05:57:50 PM »
I tried it out. The game itself is pretty bad, but I can see someone buying it for nostalgia.

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011, 06:59:31 PM »

Berny

Onlive.com

You can play the most demanding games without having a powerful PC, it is the power of the Cloud. I am playing Duke Nukem Forever with Onlive and I can attest that the performance is amazing.

Enjoy your latency and shitty video compression making all games look ten years old.

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2011, 08:39:51 PM »
I tried it out. The game itself is pretty bad, but I can see someone buying it for nostalgia.

That's basically why I bought it.  It's not that good.  Really, I could handle the regenerating health and two weapon limit, but I'm getting tired of the linearity and invisible barriers.  Those two are the worst faux pas in videogames as far as I'm concerned.
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

PizzaPlanet

• Now available in stereo
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2011, 08:38:54 AM »
What exactly, other than your own incompetence and lack of tools, prevents you from assembling your own hardware?
hacking your precious forum as we speak 8) 8) 8)

berny_74

• The IceWall! Beat that
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2011, 11:57:33 AM »
What exactly, other than your own incompetence and lack of tools, prevents you from assembling your own hardware?

The monetary funds to purchase said pieces of hardware to assemble is out of my grasp as in reality I tend to spend it on things that I find more valuable to me.  Cheap booze, cheaper woman, and toys for the cat.

Berny
Not necessarily in that order
To be fair, sometimes what FE'ers say makes so little sense that it's hard to come up with a rebuttal.
Moonlight is good for you.

Johannes

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2011, 01:43:57 PM »

Berny

Onlive.com

Enjoy your latency and shitty video compression making all games look ten years old.
Don't hate, Onlive is the future of gaming. You just jelly b/c it isn't available in Europe yet.

Ocius

• Official Member
  • Space President
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2011, 01:44:57 PM »
Onlive is terrible.

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2011, 03:50:04 PM »

Berny

Onlive.com

Don't hate, Onlive is the future of gaming. You just jelly b/c it isn't available in Europe yet.

...Yes it is. I've tried it myself.

It's fucking terrible.

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2011, 04:13:21 PM »
OnLive is only decent, so I hear, if you live close enough to the location serving up the games.  Otherwise the ping and compression ruin everything.
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

Johannes

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2011, 11:47:54 PM »

Berny

Onlive.com

...Yes it is. I've tried it myself.

It's fucking terrible.

Did you try it in America?

Did you honestly think streaming HD video accross the atlantic ocean was going to end well? There is a reason why Europe isn't supported yet. In the fall the UK will get Onlive.

Ocius

• Official Member
  • Space President
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2011, 12:04:35 AM »
It's terrible in America too. It's like you're playing a Gamecube game. It's a good thing they have free trials.

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2011, 06:44:52 AM »
This thread about OnLive is really successful, maybe we should split the Duke Nukem banter to its own thread!
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2011, 10:55:46 AM »
Been playing Duke for a while now. I've had a couple of laughs, as well as a couple of rages. The loading time takes too long on my computer, so getting killed is annoying.
Also boobs. Boobs everywhere.

Everywhere.

?

Vongeo

• Official Member
  • I don't get it either.
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2011, 01:31:21 PM »
Johannes is terrible.

Just black.
Vongeo is a wanker, he wears a wanker hat; he always smells like urine and he thinks the Earth is flat.

No longer is this sentence is cut in half. Jekra!