Industrial flat glass, needs a flat earth

• 606 Replies
?

Theodolite

• NASA's Chief Surveyor
Re: Industrial flat glass, needs a flat earth
« Reply #600 on: August 02, 2011, 03:34:55 PM »
You quoted the bedford level experiment.  My guess is that you were dismissed as a moron.

Their glass is perfectly flat.  3" of bend over 1.5km i believe you said (the exact amount isnt imortant)   that means that the center of the glass is the highest point, and each end bends 1.5" down from level.  That is insignificant in any engineering process.  The only time it would be relevant is if there was someone demanding flatter glass, which there isnt.  Their "perfectly flat glass" meets the needs of the most demanding customers, hence the title.

Obviously it doesnt mean that the surface of the glass is a perfectly straight level line of invidivual atoms.
Gather round my gentle sheep, I have a wonderful spherical story for you

?

Thork

« Reply #601 on: August 02, 2011, 03:41:12 PM »
Try emailing any other major corporation and accusing them of a falsely advertised product and of being part of the globularist conspiracy, and see what results you get. 
I have e-mailed NASA many times. They also decline to comment. >:(

« Reply #602 on: August 02, 2011, 03:52:24 PM »
Try emailing any other major corporation and accusing them of a falsely advertised product and of being part of the globularist conspiracy, and see what results you get. 
I have e-mailed NASA many times. They also decline to comment. >:(

Same issue there.  I suspect that accusations of conspiracy and rejection of their entire premise for existence probably doesn't go over well in the PR department -- especially if your claims are true.  If they really are part of a conspiracy do you honestly think they would respond to your questions and say, "Oh yes, you're right.  The world is flat and we've spent billions of tax dollars covering up that fact just to make a few people rich."

Try sending a similar email to that which you sent the flat glass company, but to a group that has no connection whatsoever to anything flat-Earth-related. 

Email M&M's and ask them if their candy with peanuts at the center is part of the globularist conspiracy to make us think the Earth is round, and that their advertising is misleading or their manufacturing process is flawed.

Email a sofa manufacturer, and ask them if their sofa legs are all able to be level because the Earth is flat.

See what kind of response you get.  Once again, I know FE'rs take this seriously but the wording you have used is likely to inspire nothing but a couple of laughs at the office, and a quick click on the "delete" button.  You really can't use lack of response here as proof of anything, or indictment of the company as part of the conspiracy.

?

momentia

• Light abhors a straight line.
« Reply #603 on: August 02, 2011, 04:08:29 PM »
ok, the initial premise of this post is mistaken. Even though the factory is .5 km long,this includes a multistage process, the glass itself is sold in widths "up to 3 meters"

The difference in height over 3 meters due to curvature is:

sqrt((6378 km)^2+(3 meters)^2)-6378 km

which is 707 nanometers, or 7e-4 mm.

not significant.

berny_74

• The IceWall! Beat that
« Reply #604 on: August 02, 2011, 08:53:08 PM »
I gave the glass company plenty of opportunity to set the record straight and tell us what was happening.

You do realize that fairly early on I included (in some of the many documents) a document that even admitted that the Float Process is affected by gravity?  I also included many different methods that are used to make glass of much higher quality (optical).  These have been ignored many times again.

Oh yay, this thread got bumped again. Good.  :)

It was full of FE victories. The only people that deny it are those who refuse to admit they are wrong.

Only because every point was ignore by the Flatulists.

Berny
Still got wax in those ears
To be fair, sometimes what FE'ers say makes so little sense that it's hard to come up with a rebuttal.
Moonlight is good for you.

?

Theodolite

• NASA's Chief Surveyor
« Reply #605 on: August 02, 2011, 08:55:05 PM »
A random company made a claim of being perfect, and these people all automatically believe them?  Sounds very zetetic.
Gather round my gentle sheep, I have a wonderful spherical story for you

berny_74

• The IceWall! Beat that
« Reply #606 on: August 02, 2011, 08:57:18 PM »
A random company made a claim of being perfect, and these people all automatically believe them?  Sounds very zetetic trollish.

Both "Flatulists" that usually respond in this thread are known trolls.

Berny
One admitted and one still in the closet
To be fair, sometimes what FE'ers say makes so little sense that it's hard to come up with a rebuttal.
Moonlight is good for you.