Please, give me solid proof.

• 86 Replies

PizzaPlanet

• Now available in stereo
Re: Please, give me solid proof.
« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2011, 01:16:10 PM »
The last time I left was when I showed that somebody had longitudinally circumnavigated the Earth; something that is impossible on a flat Earth.
No, no, no; that's not right at all! You have to pay attention to the words you use, lest someone might think you've actually showed something.
What you have done the last time you were around was: You have claimed that somebody had longitudinally circumnavigated the Earth. You have also claimed that it's impossible to accomplish on a flat Earth. What you forgot to do is to provide evidence for either claim.
hacking your precious forum as we speak 8) 8) 8)

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2011, 01:30:39 PM »
The voyage displayed above has been superimposed onto an earth shape that does not exist.  That one is similar to "globes" that have been distributed over the past years but do not reflect true earth shape.  It could have just as easily been drawn on a square shape or any other incorrect surface.  The correct surface for your voyage is on a flat surface.

Then feel free to show how such a voyage could be accomplished on a flat earth.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2011, 01:52:10 PM »
It looks flat to me.

I can prove also that it looks flat to me.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2011, 04:33:00 PM »
It looks flat to me.

It looks like Crustinator and I have answered the challenge posed in the OP.  Unless somebody has a reason to object, I think it's reasonable to just lock the thread.  Agreed?
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

gotham

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2011, 05:11:16 PM »
It looks flat to me.

It looks like Crustinator and I have answered the challenge posed in the OP.  Unless somebody has a reason to object, I think it's reasonable to just lock the thread.  Agreed?

Yes, the challenge in the OP has been met. 

?

Around And About

• Circular Logic Falls Flat
« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2011, 05:16:31 PM »
It looks flat to me.

Yes, the challenge in the OP has been met.

I agree, since Roundy's and Crusty's statements qualify as logical proofs in FET.
I'm not black nor a thug, I'm more like god who will bring 7 plagues of flat earth upon your ass.

IOA

« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2011, 10:56:38 PM »
All of the following is completely irrelevant to the thread.

The voyage displayed above has been superimposed onto an earth shape that does not exist. 
You claimed it. Now prove it.

You have claimed that somebody had longitudinally circumnavigated the Earth.
Right so far.
Quote from: PizzaPlanet
You have also claimed that it's impossible to accomplish on a flat Earth.
Bingo.

What you forgot to do is to provide evidence for either claim.
I did provide evidence for at least one of the claims, so in this case, it is in fact your wording that is faulty. Lurk a little.

--> http://www.transglobe-expedition.org

Also, in the case of longitudinal circumnavigation on a flat Earth, there are no flat earth "hypotheses" that support this.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2011, 11:02:11 PM »
Also, in the case of longitudinal circumnavigation on a flat Earth, there are no flat earth "hypotheses" that support this.

The path didn't follow a longitude. They zer zig-zagging all over the place.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 11:04:02 PM by Tom Bishop »

PizzaPlanet

« Reply #68 on: June 14, 2011, 01:56:10 AM »
What you forgot to do is to provide evidence for either claim.
I did provide evidence for at least one of the claims, so in this case, it is in fact your wording that is faulty. Lurk a little.

--> http://www.transglobe-expedition.org
So... where's the evidence? All I see is more claims.

Incorrect.

gotham

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #69 on: June 14, 2011, 05:33:39 AM »
The voyage displayed above has been superimposed onto an earth shape that does not exist. 

You claimed it. Now prove it.

Incorrect. You tossed your boomerang and you now must catch it at your drawing board.  That is where your task begins again.  My task has been completed.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 05:36:25 AM by gotham »

IOA

« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2011, 02:27:08 PM »
It's still impossible on a flat earth.

His path would look more or less like this on a flat earth, with him teleporting mysteriously from Cape Town to Auckland.

That certainly wasn't documented on his trip.

It's actually quite ironic that you say that...perhaps you ought to look at the URL on your browser.
Incorrect.
Well? Do you even have a model of how the above image could work? I'd love to see your teleportation device.

Incorrect. You tossed your boomerang and you now must catch it at your drawing board.  That is where your task begins again.  My task has been completed.
Do you have any evidence for this outlandish claim?

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2011, 05:14:07 PM »

You're right. I guess your little globe animation is wrong then.

IOA

« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2011, 06:54:34 PM »

You're right. I guess your little globe animation is wrong then.
I suppose you're right if you're looking to support your own hypothesis and not the search of objective truth, for which Zetecism seems to so passionately strive.

PizzaPlanet

« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2011, 08:13:29 PM »
Why are we discussing a completely unproven trip? The only "evidence" provided is an animated GIF.

?

Around And About

• Circular Logic Falls Flat
« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2011, 08:22:43 PM »
Animated GIFs can prove all sorts of things!

I'm not sure what exactly this one is proving, but I will entertain speculation.
I'm not black nor a thug, I'm more like god who will bring 7 plagues of flat earth upon your ass.

berny_74

• The IceWall! Beat that
« Reply #75 on: June 16, 2011, 08:33:42 PM »
Why are we discussing a completely unproven trip? The only "evidence" provided is an animated GIF.
Why don't you pony up the £21.95 and buy the DVD thats available at the website.

The whole expedition has a decentish website and is referenced in wikipedia.  I find how you can you dismiss the the expedition's achievements so easily when the evidence is greater than what is found on most of this site.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=longitudinal+circumnavigation

Berny
Really?  Flat Earth is referenced?

To be fair, sometimes what FE'ers say makes so little sense that it's hard to come up with a rebuttal.
Moonlight is good for you.

IOA

« Reply #76 on: June 16, 2011, 09:11:38 PM »
Why are we discussing a completely unproven set of hypotheses? The only "evidence" provided is a few drawings and poor guesswork.

PizzaPlanet

« Reply #77 on: June 16, 2011, 09:57:02 PM »
Why are we discussing a completely unproven set of hypotheses? The only "evidence" provided is a few drawings and poor guesswork.
False. However, I accept that this is the only answer you could have come up with. At least this time you didn't quote a source from Wikipedia and claim that you've read it in a library. I am glad that the level of your responses is slowly improving.

Soon, very soon, you might even begin considering intellectual honesty!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 10:02:28 PM by PizzaPlanet »

Johannes

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #78 on: June 17, 2011, 12:26:20 AM »
It's still impossible on a flat earth.

His path would look more or less like this on a flat earth, with him teleporting mysteriously from Cape Town to Auckland.

It's actually quite ironic that you say that...perhaps you ought to look at the URL on your browser.
Incorrect.
Well? Do you even have a model of how the above image could work? I'd love to see your teleportation device.

Do you have any evidence for this outlandish claim?
No one here believes that is the correct model of the flat earth.

berny_74

• The IceWall! Beat that
« Reply #79 on: June 17, 2011, 05:29:51 AM »

Then what is the correct model of the flat earth?  Shouldn't someone be figuring that out?  Is it that difficult?

Berny
Which model?

To be fair, sometimes what FE'ers say makes so little sense that it's hard to come up with a rebuttal.

berny_74

• The IceWall! Beat that
« Reply #80 on: June 17, 2011, 05:31:30 AM »

Then what is the correct model of the flat earth?  Shouldn't someone be figuring that out?  Is it that difficult?

Berny
Which model?

IOA

« Reply #81 on: June 17, 2011, 09:47:47 AM »
False

Justify this statement.

Johannes

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #82 on: June 18, 2011, 05:33:13 PM »

Berny
Which model?
Look, if you are willing to give me a budget of 100,00 dollars to map out the world I would do it. Unfortunately right now I do not have the capital to begin mapping out the world.

berny_74

• The IceWall! Beat that
« Reply #83 on: June 18, 2011, 09:20:59 PM »

Berny
Which model?
Look, if you are willing to give me a budget of 100,00 dollars to map out the world I would do it. Unfortunately right now I do not have the capital to begin mapping out the world.

Well - you know the longitude and latitude of every major city thanks to Wikipedia.  1 degree of latitude is 60 nautical miles (As Tom Bishop has verified) so we know every major city's position on a North South basis - next is trying to figure the longitude.  There are navigation charts that define those for the various positions on latitude but obviously since those agree with a round earth base you would have to start figuring those out yourself.

But as I just pointed out - half the work is done. 

Berny
Thinks if I gave you that budget you'd blow 99,990 on booze and the last ten on the resources required to find longitudinal distances.

« Reply #84 on: June 19, 2011, 11:11:03 AM »
I joined to inject some 21st century thinking into this website...

« Reply #85 on: June 19, 2011, 04:10:17 PM »
It looks flat to me.
Nice proof...
well judging by your signature, it seems you are a noob, i myself believe in the round earth, but for those who actually believe flat earth, you are not going to change their minds, and as it has been said to me, most of them are trolls
Whats beyond the wall of ice? Nazis and Blue women Btw i did the turtle with paint, don't hate

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #86 on: June 19, 2011, 08:55:01 PM »
It looks flat to me.
Nice proof...

Well, if my senses tell me the Earth is flat, I will require extraordinary proof to convince me that it must be round.  I have yet to see such proof.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?