Zeteticist Funded By NASA

• 4 Replies

John Davis

• Secretary Of The Society
  • Administrator
  • Most Prolific Scientist, 2019
Zeteticist Funded By NASA
« on: May 27, 2011, 01:43:29 PM »
The story of a zeteticist that through hardship and cold hard data gathering denounced the idea of creating theories and found the field of human chronobiology.  The real kicker is he got NASA to fund this. 

Is it possible that NASA knew more than they claimed?  It seems like they were keeping check that he didn't catch on that the sun cycles used to be different in the past!

http://www.cabinetmagazine.org/issues/30/foer.php

Not only that, but his story hits home for me as I begin my journey into various sleep patterns including uberman and dymaxion.
Quantum Ab Hoc

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Administrator
Re: Zeteticist Funded By NASA
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 06:23:35 PM »
John, as a practising oneiromancer I think it is important that you are extremely careful about experimenting with sleep. Sleep should be an end in itself, not merely an obstacle to productivity.

I will comment on the article itself at a later point.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

John Davis

• Secretary Of The Society
  • Administrator
  • Most Prolific Scientist, 2019
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 07:56:39 PM »
John, as a practising oneiromancer I think it is important that you are extremely careful about experimenting with sleep. Sleep should be an end in itself, not merely an obstacle to productivity.

I will comment on the article itself at a later point.
The experimentation in sleep will help raise my levels of neozetetic revelation.  I was considering attempting this through fasting, but this has this added bonus of productivity.

Though I agree, caution is important.  What is more important are the possible gains - one cannot advance without first putting forth a valid gambit sometimes.

*throws his ante in the pot*
Quantum Ab Hoc

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 10:35:04 PM »
Fascinating read.
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2011, 10:43:31 AM »
I have found that the best way to fall asleep is by the light of the humble candle.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901