Genderless parenting

• 74 Replies
?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
Re: Genderless parenting
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2011, 07:29:11 AM »
Yeah. "I engaged in fisticuffs with a gentleman this afternoon. I struck him in such a way that he appreciated" just doesn't cut it.

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2011, 07:59:48 AM »
Exactly.
Here's an explanation for ya. Lurk moar. Every single point you brought up has been posted, reposted, debated and debunked. There is a search function on this forum, and it is very easy to use.

« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2011, 08:28:47 AM »
Maybe their next kid will be named Wolverine.
Cheesus is so wise I sometimes think he's my alt.
CheesusCrust is wise.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2011, 10:00:04 AM »
Y'all know I didn't mean swoon literally.  I was using Hazbollah's example of women "swooning over daffodils". 

Also, this thread has given me a new appreciation of Wendy.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2011, 10:41:46 AM »
I know.  I'm just congenitally unable to keep from wandering off the subject.

Also, this thread has given me a new appreciation of Wendy.
Hazbollah is shaping up nicely as well.

:)

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2011, 10:48:25 AM »
Hrmm, I had the impression that Hazbollah wanted the womenfolk to stay in the kitchen.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2011, 11:38:53 AM »
I think maybe he just has a nice romantic view of girl behaviour.  Either way, his nose is probably itching.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2011, 11:45:23 AM »
I could swoon over a daffodil if it would make him happy! Well.. there aren't many daffodils down here, too hot.  I'll swoon over a cucumber instead.

berny_74

• The IceWall! Beat that
« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2011, 03:02:31 PM »
I could swoon over a daffodil if it would make him happy! Well.. there aren't many daffodils down here, too hot.  I'll swoon over a cucumber instead.

Okay I am really interested in how a cucumber is going to make you swoon. 

Berny
Really - Really dirty mind
To be fair, sometimes what FE'ers say makes so little sense that it's hard to come up with a rebuttal.
Moonlight is good for you.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2011, 04:37:35 PM »
Cucumbers are very exciting, imo.

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2011, 03:01:35 AM »
I'll bet they are. ;) Also, new appreciation? You didn't appreciate me before I expressed dissatisfaction with traditional gender roles? I think I need to go cry now.
Here's an explanation for ya. Lurk moar. Every single point you brought up has been posted, reposted, debated and debunked. There is a search function on this forum, and it is very easy to use.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2011, 09:49:22 AM »
No no, I appreciated you before, but now I have a new appreciation.  It's like when you forget you like someone or thing and then you see the person or thing again and remember. Something like that.

EDIT

OR.. just thought of it this way.  I appreciated you before, but now I have something new to appreciate you for. 
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 09:58:03 AM by Space Cowgirl »

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #72 on: May 29, 2011, 01:24:35 PM »
Aww. :-*

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #73 on: June 02, 2011, 03:15:35 AM »
Sorry for the bump, but this is a relevant book which I recommend to everyone:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middlesex_%28novel%29

But let's have some fun. I personally feel that our biology must to some extent determine our behaviour. After all, nobody who accepts mainstream medical science seriously doubts this basic idea. However, it's also clear that gender roles are to some extent culturally determined. The question is, to what extent does our sex influence our gender?
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #74 on: June 02, 2011, 03:27:57 AM »
I believe it all varies from person to person. The mere presence of transsexuals to me proves pretty  consistently that sex has very little if any effect in determining the gender of some people. For myself, I believe my gender is very much influenced by the fact that I am biologically male, no matter how much my signature disagrees.