Viewing the Moon, and Norway, with the naked eye.

• 47 Replies
Re: Viewing the Moon, and Norway, with the naked eye.
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2011, 08:00:13 AM »
Ok, can someone familiar with FE theory explain to me how this would work.

I can see the moon when it is low on the horizon (meaning I am viewing through quite a lot of atmosphere)

If the moon's size is 32 miles, I should be able to see a mountain in norway (from scotland) that is many times larger, that is many times closer.

What am I missing?

Atmospheric scattering.

Why does this scattering only effect Norway?

Beorn

• Flat Earth Editor
  • If I can't trust my eyes, what can I trust?
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2011, 08:25:59 AM »
Ok, can someone familiar with FE theory explain to me how this would work.

I can see the moon when it is low on the horizon (meaning I am viewing through quite a lot of atmosphere)

If the moon's size is 32 miles, I should be able to see a mountain in norway (from scotland) that is many times larger, that is many times closer.

What am I missing?

The moon is far away.

Didn't you claim the moon was only 3000 feet above the Earth's surface? We seem to have conflicting claims on the structure of our solar system and terrestrial objects.

First of all: Crusty is a troll

This is preposterous and this systematic character killing must stop. Crustinator is a widely respected FE scientists with many followers, as can be seen at his FE conventions he hosts in the UK.
Only one thing can save our future. Give Thork a BanHammer for Th*rksakes!

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2011, 11:24:11 AM »
Crustinator is a widely respected FE scientists with many followers, as can be seen at his FE conventions he hosts in the UK.

Do you have any evidence to support these outlandish (and off topic) claims?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

Verrine

• Friend of Dr Crustinator
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2011, 11:32:13 AM »
I can attest to this. I've been one of Dr Crustinator's followers for years and I have attented numerous FE conventions hosted by him. He's indeed a very respected zetete and FE scientist. Many say he is the Rowbotham of our times. I am eagerly awaiting the publication of his moonshrimp and KFC-NASA essays.

Beorn

• Flat Earth Editor
  • If I can't trust my eyes, what can I trust?
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2011, 11:34:28 AM »
Crustinator is a widely respected FE scientists with many followers, as can be seen at his FE conventions he hosts in the UK.

Do you have any evidence to support these outlandish (and off topic) claims?

When someone makes an ad hominid attack on one of the greatest minds of this century I am obliged to stand up in defense.
Only one thing can save our future. Give Thork a BanHammer for Th*rksakes!

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2011, 11:35:25 AM »
I can attest to this. I've been one of Dr Crustinator's followers for years and I have attented numerous FE conventions hosted by him. He's indeed a very respected zetete and FE scientist. Many say he is the Rowbotham of our times. I am eagerly awaiting the publication of his moonshrimp and KFC-NASA essays.

In other words, no.  That's all I needed to know.  Now back on topic, please.

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2011, 12:20:57 PM »

Thankyou for attending Brother Verrine, my only regret is that we did not get more people to attend. I had to throw most of the quiche out after a few days due to the smell.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2011, 01:02:30 PM »
1) England is in the way.
2) It's farther through the atmosphere, which is the important part. When light isn't in atmosphere, there's nothing to stop it.
3) Air is much denser near the surface, which is what you are looking across when you look at Norway. (Case in point: you can see clouds from 25 miles away, but can only see 3-5 miles across land/water.

Skeleton

• Frankly, I have better things to do with my time.
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2011, 06:07:40 PM »
Many say he is the Rowbotham of our times.

This is an insult of such hideous magnitude that Crusty should demand a duel to defend his honour.
If the ultimate objective is to kill Skeleton, we should just do that next.

?

Puttah

« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2011, 09:45:56 PM »
2) It's farther through the atmosphere, which is the important part. When light isn't in atmosphere, there's nothing to stop it.
3) Air is much denser near the surface, which is what you are looking across when you look at Norway. (Case in point: you can see clouds from 25 miles away, but can only see 3-5 miles across land/water.

I believe otherwise, but before I get into any details, does anyone know what kind of path the curving light according to Bendy Light Theory takes? A polynomial, trigonometric, exponential curve? Quadratic would make the most sense, but this is FET we're talking about so anything is possible.
Scepti, this idiocy needs to stop and it needs to stop right now. You are making a mockery of this fine forum with your poor trolling. You are a complete disgrace.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2011, 06:18:16 PM »

I believe otherwise, but before I get into any details, does anyone know what kind of path the curving light according to Bendy Light Theory takes? A polynomial, trigonometric, exponential curve? Quadratic would make the most sense, but this is FET we're talking about so anything is possible.
 The only possible answer that is not insane, is the hexagonal curve. It is computed using the trinomial diffraction method according to the  highest amplitude of the imputed values.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

?

Puttah

« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2011, 11:51:30 PM »

The only possible answer that is not insane, is the hexagonal curve. It is computed using the trinomial diffraction method according to the  highest amplitude of the imputed values.
I would've accepted zigzag  ;D
Scepti, this idiocy needs to stop and it needs to stop right now. You are making a mockery of this fine forum with your poor trolling. You are a complete disgrace.

Skeleton

• Frankly, I have better things to do with my time.
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2011, 11:29:41 AM »
I believe otherwise, but before I get into any details, does anyone know what kind of path the curving light according to Bendy Light Theory takes?

Don't bother, its already been disproved.
If the ultimate objective is to kill Skeleton, we should just do that next.

?

Puttah

« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2011, 06:20:50 PM »
I believe otherwise, but before I get into any details, does anyone know what kind of path the curving light according to Bendy Light Theory takes?

Not if you're an FEer it hasn't.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2011, 09:31:39 PM »

Not if you're an FEer it hasn't.
Some FE'ers, such as Tom Bishop, do not believe in bendy light.

?

Puttah

« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2011, 04:37:31 AM »
Then I fail to see what the explanation is for the sun dipping over the horizon and such.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2011, 06:27:55 AM »
Then I fail to see what the explanation is for the sun dipping over the horizon and such.
In ENaG, Rowbotham says that perspective as we know it is wrong and then he goes on to describes his own unique version.

?

Puttah

« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2011, 06:59:56 AM »
In ENaG, Rowbotham says that perspective as we know it is wrong and then he goes on to describes his own unique version.
His unique version is full of fail. Firstly, it's not zetetic, and second of all I couldn't help but let out a sigh of disbelief as I noticed his diagrams represented the flatness of the earth to be slanted.
Most importantly though, he only came to such a conclusion because it must be true in order for the flat earth to be true. Very unzetetic...