My neighbours scare me.

• 27 Replies

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
My neighbours scare me.
« on: May 10, 2011, 05:17:39 AM »
I lie in a tall apartment block in the centre of town so I can go home of a lunch time to eat and watch last night's Family Guy. A couple of months ago the gay couple opposite moved out and a young Muslim family moved in.

They seem to be pretty nice people, (apart from leaving the stairwell fire door propped open) but today I went home as usual to hear a loud pre-recorded Muslim sermon coming from their apartment, you know the usual gumph about how 'god is great' and how he can do anything and Muhhamed is his prophet, nothing unusual there, I can't hear it when my front door is closed so I have no real problem with it.

On the way back to work I was waiting for the lift while the flat opposite preached "...and the unbelievers, do you know what I do!? I cut off the head, and dismember the body, and drink the blood!"

I have to admit to being a little uneasy, to say the least...

Re: My neighbours scare me.
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 05:21:36 AM »
Yeah, the other day i was walking past a place of worship and there was a guy at the front of the hall giving the believers pieces of their deities body and they were drinking his blood !!! I was nearly sick

edit - do you live in Rainbow towers (amongst other names) ?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 05:29:23 AM by monkeybradders »

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 05:44:36 AM »
Yeah, the other day i was walking past a place of worship and there was a guy at the front of the hall giving the believers pieces of their deities body and they were drinking his blood !!! I was nearly sick

edit - do you live in Rainbow towers (amongst other names) ?

I do hope that I've got the wrong end of the stick and the preacher wasn't really calling for the gruesome executions of unbelievers.

No, I don't live in Rainbow Towers.

Lorddave

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 06:06:54 AM »
Call the CIA.

Or better yet: PM 17 November that post. The CIA, who is monitoring his e-mail, will get it and take appropriate steps.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 06:53:52 AM »
Call the CIA.

Or better yet: PM 17 November that post. The CIA, who is monitoring his e-mail, will get it and take appropriate steps.

The CIA have no jurisdiction in the UK, best call MI6 or special branch.

Lorddave

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 06:56:01 AM »
Call the CIA.

That's what they want you to think.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 07:12:03 AM »
I say you do nothing i reckon you're perfectly safe. Imagine their embarrasement if they did kill you and drink your blood, only to get locked out the next week and have knock your door to use your phone.

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2011, 07:56:20 AM »
RUN AWAY AND NEVER TURN BACK
Here's an explanation for ya. Lurk moar. Every single point you brought up has been posted, reposted, debated and debunked. There is a search function on this forum, and it is very easy to use.

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2011, 07:59:39 AM »
I should have mentioned this earlier. My Nan's old next door neighbours (Alum Rock) used to have this sort of stuff going on all the time. The neighbours house got firebombed. Not sure if these things were related.

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2011, 08:14:58 AM »
I should have mentioned this earlier. My Nan's old next door neighbours (Alum Rock) used to have this sort of stuff going on all the time. The neighbours house got firebombed. Not sure if these things were related.

Isn't a firebomb through the window just an inevitable consequence of living in Alum Rock?

I'm definitely going to keep an ear out in future. I don't mind what you pump out in your own flat, one of our neighbours is learning to play the piano quite loudly, because I can'tr really hear it with the door closed but if they start regularly playing genuinely threatening messages, I might have to bite my lip and get in touch with somebody who can monitor it.

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2011, 08:16:18 AM »

Isn't a firebomb through the window just an inevitable consequence of living in Alum Rock?

I'm definitely going to keep an ear out in future. I don't mind what you pump out in your own flat, one of our neighbours is learning to play the piano quite loudly, because I can'tr really hear it with the door closed but if they start regularly playing genuinely threatening messages, I might have to bite my lip and get in touch with somebody who can monitor it.

I think so. She lives in Solihull with my parents now and they're next door neighbours haven't been firebombed.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2011, 08:27:11 AM »
Call the CIA.

Jurisdiction?  The CIA isn't a law enforcement agency.  Most of what they do is in foreign countries.  In fact, before the Patriot Act, it was illegal for them to operate domestically.

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2011, 08:33:15 AM »
Ah, I do hate Solihull, used to live there for about 10 years. I hated the smugness, hated the vast income inequalities, hated the chavs who pretended they were from 'da ghetto,' hated the fact there are two half-decent places to go on a night out, in conclusion, I really don't like Solihull.

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2011, 08:39:04 AM »
Call the CIA.

Jurisdiction?  The CIA isn't a law enforcement agency.  Most of what they do is in foreign countries.  In fact, before the Patriot Act, it was illegal for them to operate domestically.

Yeah, so be sure to thank G.W. for that one. And every single president who doesn't tear it up after him.
Here's an explanation for ya. Lurk moar. Every single point you brought up has been posted, reposted, debated and debunked. There is a search function on this forum, and it is very easy to use.

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2011, 08:56:10 AM »
Ah, I do hate Solihull, used to live there for about 10 years. I hated the smugness, hated the vast income inequalities, hated the chavs who pretended they were from 'da ghetto,' hated the fact there are two half-decent places to go on a night out, in conclusion, I really don't like Solihull.

I'm sure i don't know what you're talking about. Let's say we meet in the coach house and discuss Solihull's charity of the year, Chelmsley Wood.

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2011, 09:00:38 AM »

I'm sure i don't know what you're talking about. Let's say we meet in the coach house and discuss Solihull's charity of the year, Chelmsley Wood.

No ta, I escaped from Solihull, what happens to it now it  the business of Silhillians.

Though I do reccomend building a sort of 'Berlin Wall' across the Coventry road down by the Wheatsheaf to keep Chelmsley Wood out.

?

Eddy Baby

• Official Member
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2011, 09:32:20 AM »
I once got trapped in Solihull.

My neighbour is a homosexual. What do? Also my other neighbour believes we should love one another and worship Jesus Christ. Should I be worried?

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2011, 11:18:54 AM »
I've got a couple of neighbours who play their prayers rather loudly as well, but they're in a foreign language which I guess is Arabic, so even if the Imam or whatever the preacher is called is calling for the slaughter of the unbelievers, I won't know until somebody knocks down my door. They seem to be nice people, though. I'm not worried in the slightest.

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2011, 11:20:13 AM »
And that was the last we heard of Wendy.

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2011, 11:23:37 AM »
Indeed. But don't assume I can't defend myself against crazy fundamentalists with swords. I am a highly skilled martial artist, you know.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2011, 12:17:00 PM »
Indeed. But don't assume I can't defend myself against crazy fundamentalists with swords. I am a highly skilled martial artist, you know.

You mean you can body slam them?

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2011, 12:19:24 PM »
Like a champ. I could of course take them out with a roundhouse kick, but I only do that in dire emergencies.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2011, 12:50:06 PM »
Are your legs really that maneuverable?

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2011, 12:52:55 PM »
My legs can do anything from threading a needle to smashing a car door. I just don't use them for combat unless I'm in an emergency.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2011, 01:05:33 PM »
I'd rather live next door to muslims who want to drink the blood of the unbelievers than my current neighbours who enjoy banging on the wall to wake the baby up.
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

Hessy

• My alts: Edgeworth, any/all spambots
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2011, 05:38:53 PM »
My uncle's neighbor is an old single guy who's such a devout, orthodox Jehovah's Witness that he scared away his wife and kids and just lives alone with a broadcasted WiFi network that's called "JesusSaves".

Anyway, try not to take what you hear from your new neighbors out of context.  Try to get to know them, then you can make an educated decision on whether or not your life is in terrible danger.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2011, 05:57:50 PM »
Or, alternatively, attack preemptively.

Hessy

• My alts: Edgeworth, any/all spambots
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2011, 07:12:42 PM »
Or, alternatively, attack preemptively.